Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    eeeeen
    Retail park Car parking ticket
    • 8th Sep 13, 10:46 AM
    Retail park Car parking ticket 8th Sep 13 at 10:46 AM
    Hi thanks in advance for any advice
    Parked on a retail park on August bank holiday Sunday. It was very busy no spaces and I had a disabled person with me in the car(blue badge holder) All the disabled spots where taken so I parked on the retail park (part of the shop I was using) in an area that did have a sign up saying you can't park here. I thought because it was so busy and a Sunday,it was close to the shop entrance not impeding anything or anyone and to be honest is part of the car park apart from the wall thought it would be ok. Got a ticket that says not parked correctly within the markings of bay or space. Any advice on the appeal letter please.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Nov 13, 9:11 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I thought I had asked you to stop sharing?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Nov 13, 9:37 PM
    • 23,676 Posts
    • 37,858 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    hi ,
    thought I'd share here, I have won an appeal against a ticket by 'parking eye' on an aldi car partk - I had gone 57 minutes over the allowed hr.
    I argued that they would find it difficult to justify any losses occurred by the owner (ALDI) in Court as this car park is 1/3 empty even in busy times. (Obviously this applies also (possibly) if car park is full and you park outside marked bay without obstruction ;-)
    note also that parking eye were dragging the matter out by not sending a complaint response which is needed to turn to POPLA. I had to put my foot down by turning to BPA to get them to send that in the first place. They had already put up charges to 70.
    Interesting is that the decision maker at POPLA not only follows my argument of losses not proven, but also says their business model did not convince (they had claimed their expenses for putting up the boards and sending reminders as part of the losses which does not make sense at all).
    So be of good cheer and don't pay them.
    Originally posted by barbsch
    Whilst I'm not doubting the veracity of your statement, the more you post this repeatedly on random threads, the more this starts to look like spam. Please post your transcript of the POPLA appeal decision in the sticky at the top of the forum index. That's the place where it will have credence and impact.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • SmileyMou73
    UKPC wouldn't give me a POPLA Code, saying I was too late and it's been handed over to Debt Recovery Plus - so I'm looking through the threads now
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Dec 13, 9:33 AM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just read the 'Successful complaints about PPCs' and the 'NEWBIES' sticky threads because they cover all the options about complaining to the retail park and about handling the stupid DRP and Zenith letters.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 5th Dec 13, 10:19 AM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    UKPC wouldn't give me a POPLA Code, saying I was too late and it's been handed over to Debt Recovery Plus - so I'm looking through the threads now
    Originally posted by SmileyMou73
    Why did you post this HERE and not in your own thread?
  • 123bobble
    UKPC have now taken the "damning FAQ" off their website.

Anything else we can use?

Thanks in advance!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Dec 13, 7:10 PM
    • 73,322 Posts
    • 85,421 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I see they have removed point #2 but it was there in November 2013 when you got your ticket.

http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/faq
  • eeeeen
    Appeal allowed by popla v uk parking control
    Just recieved an email off POPLA saying that my appeal has been allowed
    "Consequently I must find that the Operator has failed to produce sufficient evidence to demonstrate that the parking charge is a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
    Accordingly, I allow the appeal"

Thank you to all for the advise given really appreciated, I Dis use coupon mads letter as advised so a special thanks there.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 17th Jan 14, 4:14 PM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Well done.

Who was the assessor please?
  • eeeeen
    Well done.

Who was the assessor please?
    Originally posted by bod1467
    Hi bod

Sakib Chowdhury
    Assessor
    Hope this is useful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,878Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin