Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    pedalpower
    ParkingEye/Court
    • 27th Aug 13, 1:00 PM
    ParkingEye/Court 27th Aug 13 at 1:00 PM
    Hello All,
    After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

Persumably I can do all this by post and not have to travel to Northampton?

Thanks for your time.
Page 1
  • spacey2012
    • 27th Aug 13, 1:04 PM
    • 27th Aug 13, 1:04 PM
    You have used the same and exact form of punctuation in the same places as similar posts that have appeared over the past month.
    Be happy...
  • Custard Pie
    • 27th Aug 13, 1:05 PM
    Hello All,
    After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

Thanks for your time.
    Originally posted by pedalpower
    Have you actually received Court papers then?

If yes, google Parking Eye Court and you will see the best course of action, rather then explain it again here.

Whatever you do, don't ignore and make sure that you file online that you intend to defend, thus buying you time to do a proper defense.

There is plenty that you can do to defend this and make it go away. Parking Eye don't want to take this to Court as win or lose, they lose money and they exist for profit alone.

They will try and brow beat you into paying up, which work for some people who are scared of going to court.
    Search my post " PoPLA evidence - What to submit" on what is a good defense for a PoPLA appeal.
    • HappyMJ
    • By HappyMJ 27th Aug 13, 1:05 PM
    • 20,595 Posts
    • 17,201 Thanks
    HappyMJ
    PE has become a lot more aggressive lately. Have you received the court papers? Reply to the court papers denying everything. Ask the PPC for mediation which will keep it out of court if you can come to an agreement which may or may not happen. If that fails then you just go to court with exactly the same information as you would have presented to POPLA had you appealed the parking ticket earlier. Charges excessive, signage not clear or whatever you feel you can appeal on.

You deal with this in your local county court ...you do not travel to Northhampton there is no court there it's an administrative court. The PPC has to travel to you.

Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Aug 13, 5:07 PM
    • 76,795 Posts
    • 90,164 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Aug 13, 5:07 PM
    • 27th Aug 13, 5:07 PM
    Hello All,

Thanks for your time.

Search the forum for the keyword 'court' - and do the same on pepipoo's non-council parking forum and you will find dozens and dozens of cases like yours where PE have gone berserk like some megalomaniac idiots with no concept on the longterm effect on their retailer client base and credibility!

They'll learn in the end when they lose contracts left, right and centre for their aggression. When people like you COMPLAIN to the retailers.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82744&st=0&gopid=862298

The above link includes my usual links to help with small claims court and defences.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012
    • 27th Aug 13, 6:56 PM
    • 27th Aug 13, 6:56 PM
    I would... Tell the boss at parking eye, someone has sussed you out....
    Be happy...
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 27th Aug 13, 6:59 PM
    • 10,891 Posts
    • 10,394 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 27th Aug 13, 6:59 PM
    • 27th Aug 13, 6:59 PM
    Originally posted by spacey2012
    I am very naive but didn't find anything to make me think this is a PPC spy.

In the position of asking "Is it me or is it you?" Sorry.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Aug 13, 9:54 PM
    • 76,795 Posts
    • 90,164 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Aug 13, 9:54 PM
    • 27th Aug 13, 9:54 PM

Interesting!

Can you show us the other threads you are thinking of, would love to see what you have seen here!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012
    • 27th Aug 13, 9:58 PM
    • 27th Aug 13, 9:58 PM
    I will reveal all including the name of the employee behind it if they do it just one more time, even the facebook profile of their new employee they pay to trawl the forums boasting about it.
    Go for it Parking Eye.
    Be happy...
  • pedalpower
    Well, came online this morning to read replies and hopefully start to formulate plan of defence, only to find the 'spacedetective' has got his knickers in a twist and started to spread false information on my thread. spacey2012 you're not Tony Blair are you?
    No wonder Parking Eye keeping going when there is so much infighting and mistrust on a forum designed to help. They must be laughing all the way to County Court.
    spacey2012 - you really have made a fool of yourself. I look forward to your next reply and it's revelations, because it'll be more rope to hang yourself with. I'm more than willing to PM someone trustworthy my identity or home tel' number so they can speak to me before hopefully getting more info' from forum members.
    My thanks to those that have posted sensible replies so far.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 28th Aug 13, 10:06 AM
    • 9,554 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    Well, came online this morning to read replies and hopefully start to formulate plan of defence, only to find the 'spacedetective' has got his knickers in a twist and started to spread false information on my thread. spacey2012 you're not Tony Blair are you?
    No wonder Parking Eye keeping going when there is so much infighting and mistrust on a forum designed to help. They must be laughing all the way to County Court.
    spacey2012 - you really have made a fool of yourself. I look forward to your next reply and it's revelations, because it'll be more rope to hang yourself with. I'm more than willing to PM someone trustworthy my identity or home tel' number so they can speak to me before hopefully getting more info' from forum members.
    My thanks to those that have posted sensible replies so far.
    Interesting second post this - It does ring a quite a lot of alarm bells - So I wonder why you bristle so much at someone taking some quite reasonable and basic precautions?
  • pedalpower
    Interesting second post this - It does ring a quite a lot of alarm bells - So I wonder why you bristle so much at someone taking some quite reasonable and basic precautions?
    Originally posted by pogofish
    It's not a quite reasonable and basic precaution, is it? It's a direct accusation that I'm employed by PE and trolling. As stated, I await his next reply and the reply of anyone willing to take up my offer.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 28th Aug 13, 10:26 AM
    • 9,554 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    That "offer" could also be seen as an attemt to get someone to engage in off-forum contact in order to try and identify/gather evidence on them.

Which is a tactic we have seen repeatedly from PE/PPC stooges. So I doubt you will get any takers.

An I must say, the most active PE stooge has not been particularly bright or devious - using very similar posts repeatedly till they eventually form a new idea to try.
  • pedalpower
    I appreciate from reading the threads originally that you have "stooges" which is why I made my offer rather than be direct on here. As for your point, I'm not asking for anyone to give me evidence or identify themselves to me, am I? Quite the reverse in fact.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 28th Aug 13, 11:00 AM
    • 10,891 Posts
    • 10,394 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    I appreciate from reading the threads originally that you have "stooges" which is why I made my offer rather than be direct on here. As for your point, I'm not asking for anyone to give me evidence or identify themselves to me, am I? Quite the reverse in fact.
    Well I will treat your thread at face value and give the following advice.

1. No you don't have to go to Northampton. I should be held in your local court.

2. Advice on appeal points - do read the last few weeks contributions on POPLA Decisions sticky thread as well as http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4739105 and http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4739845 but read to the end of the second one.

3. You obviously would need to submit your evidence to court and there are threads on here only recently on what to do there.

Now, in case any regular worries that I may be feeding a troll, all of this is already on the forum and any PPC will have seen it anyway.

I, too, will await any evidence on this poster being a PPC troll. I do have to say that if you are, then I don't see what you would gain, but maybe I am naive.

If you are not, then spacey and pogofish's reputation as spycatchers will have taken a tumble.

Vigilance or paranoia? The jury may be still out.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 28th Aug 13, 11:07 AM
    • 9,554 Posts
    • 10,075 Thanks
    pogofish
    Great - keep to the current advice given on-forum and we will take it from there.
  • spacey2012
    Parking Eye troll spotter

(First paragraph)
    Discredit forums claiming to have read advice (yet never posted before ?) Blame the forums for your advice and court action (dis-accreditation).
    Paragraph 2.
    Iterate the point that advice they received from a forum has landed them in court.
    (make no information regarding the actual ticket in any posts)
    paragraph 3
    (iterate that "things have changed" and request any advice for a defence fishing for information to use in court claims)

The game is up, go away and do it on pepipoo, they fall for it on there.
    But your game is up here, you are running a show, that is what you are employed to do, the exact position was advertised on parking eye vacancies and here you are.
    Your mistake is using the same format of construction, using the same capitalisation of keywords followed by exclamation marks and foolishly cross posting identical copy and paste text strings on other forums .
    Poacher turned game keeper as well, well shame on you.
    Quit whilst your winning?! .
    See what I did there.
    Be happy...
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 28th Aug 13, 11:32 AM
    • 10,891 Posts
    • 10,394 Thanks
    Guys Dad

(First paragraph)
    Discredit forums claiming to have read advice (yet never posted before ?) Blame the forums for your advice and court action (dis-accreditation). Well, not convinced by that. Many if not most OPs are from newbies who have had their first Parking ticket. It's a good move to read previous posts and if you use the wrong search criteria - as we have heard from other newbies only yesterday and today - you get old threads.

Or, of course, he could have landed on one of your recent posts where you yourself actively encouraged people to ignore!

Paragraph 2.
    Iterate the point that advice they received from a forum has landed them in court. Well, the court papers have landed, haven't they? And poster is indicating that they previously consulted here for advice. Maybe they read yours.
    paragraph 3
    (iterate that "things have changed" and request any advice for a defence fishing for information to use in court claims) Isn't that what just about every OP asks for? I have lost track of how many threads have been responded to that have asked for this. In addition to the pm's that I received as well.

But your game is up here, you are running a show, that is what you are employed to do, the exact position was advertised on parking eye vacancies and here you are.
    Your mistake is using the same format of construction, using the same capitalisation of keywords followed by exclamation marks and foolishly cross posting identical copy and paste text strings on other forums .
    Quit whilst your winning?! .
    See what I did there.

If that's all you have got spacey, it's not much to go on, is it?
  • pedalpower
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spacey2012 View Post

(First paragraph)
    Discredit forums claiming to have read advice (yet never posted before ?) Blame the forums for your advice and court action (dis-accreditation). Well, not convinced by that. Many if not most OPs are from newbies who have had their first Parking ticket. It's a good move to read previous posts and if you use the wrong search criteria - as we have heard from other newbies only yesterday and today - you get old threads.
    I didn't discredit the forum, did I? Simply stated the facts. Ticket, read forums, overwhelming advice to ignore, ignored everything, got N1. Questioned original advice in light of this now.

Or, of course, he could have landed on one of your recent posts where you yourself actively encouraged people to ignore!
    Touche

Paragraph 2.
    Iterate the point that advice they received from a forum has landed them in court.
    That's because the advice I took from the forum has landed me in Court. Not too difficult to understand, is it?

Well, the court papers have landed, haven't they? And poster is indicating that they previously consulted here for advice. Maybe they read yours.
    paragraph 3
    (iterate that "things have changed" and request any advice for a defence fishing for information to use in court claims)
    Isn't that what just about every OP asks for? I have lost track of how many threads have been responded to that have asked for this. In addition to the pm's that I received as well.

Yes, iterated because things do seem to have changed since I read the forum on receipt of the ticket and ignored everything. On coming back because of the NC1 there does seem to be sea-change.

Would you like to post up the "exact" copy to substantiate your claim?
    Quit whilst your winning?!
    See what I did there.

If that's all you have got spacey, it's not much to go on, is it?

Guys Dad - thanks for your posts and trust. Would you be willing to accept a PM from me? I have a pretty foolproof way of proving who I am and that I can be trusted.

spacey2012 - if he accepts and is convinced a big apology on this thread will suffice. Perhaps you could even PM him the Facebook profile of the employee you think I am (as mentioned in your earlier post) to him as further verification it's not me.
    • Orrin
    • By Orrin 28th Aug 13, 12:28 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    Orrin
    It's a bit odd you're so desperate to prove your identity. So what if some random stranger on the internet doesn't believe you?

ETA:
    By odd I don't mean I think you're a PPC stooge, just odd in general.
    Last edited by Orrin; 28-08-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: clarification
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

142Posts Today

3,021Users online

Martin's Twitter