Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lupylucy
    P.I.P. timescales...
    • 15th Aug 13, 10:23 AM
    P.I.P. timescales... 15th Aug 13 at 10:23 AM
    hi. just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of how long claims take please. If anyone had already claimed and payment is now being made how long? I had waited 11 weeks untill i rang pip and got atos phone number and contacted them direct to chase up my appointment, of which i got a cancellation (yey). If i ring pip they just say as its a new benefit they cant say how long but estimate is 10 weeks. tuesday will be bang on 3 calender months since i originally claimed.
    thanks
Page 127
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 13th Apr 18, 9:23 AM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Mine took 125 days from applying to some money hitting my account. I'm in Northern Ireland and had trouble with a form being lost - so be proactive and phone them if things are taking longer than expected!
    Originally posted by K80 Black
    I'm existing claim-my latest request is change of circumstances hoping I'll receive decision within quoted 4 weeks max as of last weeks letter.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 13th Apr 18, 1:06 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Decision has been made today.
    Received call from dmp to confirm when my change of circumstances was I advised mid 2017 as per m.s. progressing.
    Nice dmp lady informed me my pip will increase-that's the good news.
    1 Daily
    living from slandered to enhanced
    2 mobility-lower-no change.
    Without requesting a paper report the dmp lady offered to send the report in 10 days advising I can appeal by telephone ione within 28 days though only after I receive today's pip in writing.
    Lots of helpful advice without asking-I can appeal via telephone no writing required.
    Daily living change is backdated to Feb18.
    Thanks mser's with my latest diagnosis change from 2017 and medical nurses/medicine/Dvla reduced driving licence I think today is a step towards enhanced mobility as m.s. progresses.
    Forgot to add I didn't get enough mobility points for enhanced as I wrote I could walk from flat to car and from car to work entrance from disabled bay (which is true)
    What I didn't; write was lest than 20 meters when I walk -I thanked the dmp lady and commented I'll appeal via telephone in week or two (she didn'tn think my pip would be less when I appeal though officialy iit can be raised or lowered in award terms)
    I think-only think this is worth a phone call as I find myself trying to return to full time work since changing to part time approx 1 year ago
    Every help I get from dwp could mean I stay part time or possibly not work at all.
    Financial changei in full time is considerable as is enhanced rates from Dmp.
    M.S. is taking priority though I'm trying to find a balance in at least learning to live with this illness which is much more manageable whilst home.
    What do mser's think -is it worthwhile making an appeal for mobility award.
    Last edited by Dandytf; 13-04-2018 at 5:00 PM.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 2,381 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Decision has been made today.
    Received call from dmp to confirm when my change of circumstances was I advised mid 2017 as per m.s. progressing.
    Nice dmp lady informed me my pip will increase-that's the good news.
    1 Daily
    living from slandered to enhanced
    2 mobility-lower-no change.
    Without requesting a paper report the dmp lady offered to send the report in 10 days advising I can appeal by telephone ione within 28 days though only after I receive today's pip in writing.
    Lots of helpful advice without asking-I can appeal via telephone no writing required.
    Daily living change is backdated to Feb18.
    Thanks mser's with my latest diagnosis change from 2017 and medical nurses/medicine/Dvla reduced driving licence I think today is a step towards enhanced mobility as m.s. progresses.
    Forgot to add I didn't get enough mobility points for enhanced as I wrote I could walk from flat to car and from car to work entrance from disabled bay (which is true)
    What I didn't; write was lest than 20 meters when I walk -I thanked the dmp lady and commented I'll appeal via telephone in week or two (she didn'tn think my pip would be less when I appeal though officialy iit can be raised or lowered in award terms)
    I think-only think this is worth a phone call as I find myself trying to return to full time work since changing to part time approx 1 year ago
    Every help I get from dmp could mean I stay part time or possibly not work at all.
    Financial changei in full time is considerable as is enhanced rates from Dmp.
    M.S. is taking priority though I'm trying to find a balance in at least learning to live with this illness which is much more manageable whilst home.
    What do mser's think -is it worthwhile making an appeal for mobility award.
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    If you do decide to ask for the MR you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. I would strongly advise you to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and the reasons why you think you should be awarded Enhanced mobility. Sending in any extra evidence with the letter to further support your claim.

As you know you can lose everything you already have, but your mobility can also be increased. Only 20% of MR decisions are successful, so don't be surprised if the decision remains the same. Most people have to take it to Tribunal. Your money will continue while waiting for the decision. Good luck.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 13th Apr 18, 5:19 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Dandytf
    If you do decide to ask for the MR you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. I would strongly advise you to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and the reasons why you think you should be awarded Enhanced mobility. Sending in any extra evidence with the letter to further support your claim.

As you know you can lose everything you already have, but your mobility can also be increased. Only 20% of MR decisions are successful, so don't be surprised if the decision remains the same. Most people have to take it to Tribunal. Your money will continue while waiting for the decision. Good luck.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Thanks I'm quite happy with todays call which was unexpected as I was waiting for letter with decision though the recently mentioned 20% appeal success rate has to be taken into consideration, dwp lady mentioned she doesn't think of any reason as to why my daily living would be removed or lowered though mobility could be appealed maybe a ms nurse or letter from doc could help for supporting information.
    Here is me again thinking am I going to put pip at risk for the sake of enhanced mobility.
    (As Dvla have in effect restricted my licence to 3 years onwards then a car from mobility isn't something I'll need in future as I think my driving will be finished on a few years at most if I'm lucky)
    Some time to think if I'll appeal though the daily living enhanced rate +recently increased wtc payments could in effect help me continue working part time which was amazing over winter for m.s. hospital visits and slower pace rather than mon-fri.
    Thanks mse'rs I'll re post if I decide to appeal
    I's there any other way of getting the -20 meters walking rather than pester mns nurse at May's appointment.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,497Posts Today

7,423Users online

Martin's Twitter