Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lupylucy
    P.I.P. timescales...
    • 15th Aug 13, 10:23 AM
    P.I.P. timescales... 15th Aug 13 at 10:23 AM
    hi. just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of how long claims take please. If anyone had already claimed and payment is now being made how long? I had waited 11 weeks untill i rang pip and got atos phone number and contacted them direct to chase up my appointment, of which i got a cancellation (yey). If i ring pip they just say as its a new benefit they cant say how long but estimate is 10 weeks. tuesday will be bang on 3 calender months since i originally claimed.
    thanks
Page 126
    • Hally1989
    • By Hally1989 5th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hally1989
    Also I don't know how to make a new thread sorry as I'm new
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 5th Jul 17, 7:14 PM
    • 2,021 Posts
    • 2,339 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    Hally, this may be useful

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-pip-claim/your-assessment/
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-medical-assessments
    • w06
    • By w06 5th Jul 17, 9:24 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    w06
    the red 'New Thread' button top left, above the blue line with page 1 and below the forum name
    Last edited by w06; 05-07-2017 at 9:24 PM. Reason: don't know my left from right!
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 6th Jul 17, 11:09 AM
    • 8,278 Posts
    • 1,956 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    On a similar note - I understand that EVERYONE should have been contacted re Reassessment to PIP by the end of September 2017 - so the letter will soon be arriving through the letter box !!
    • CTcelt1988
    • By CTcelt1988 7th Jul 17, 1:53 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    CTcelt1988
    Not quite. DWP have confirmed PIP won't be completed till end of 2018.
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 14th Jul 17, 10:30 PM
    • 19,122 Posts
    • 86,657 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    I sent my form back in April, had my F2F on 29th June and had my decision today - enhanced mobility and daily living.

I was transferring from DLA.
    January wins: *4 piece bamboo towel bale* *Winter Wonderland break*
    Win 2018 in 2018: 816.26/2018
    • Welshman1911
    • By Welshman1911 12th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Welshman1911
    Hi i wonder if anybody could help I applied for pip back in 2nd June 2017 and I've waiting for nearly 45+ weeks. I've had the assessment and there still saying another 6 weeks has anybody had to wait this long. Or is this usual wait.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Mar 18, 7:17 AM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 2,544 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Hi i wonder if anybody could help I applied for pip back in 2nd June 2017 and I've waiting for nearly 45+ weeks. I've had the assessment and there still saying another 6 weeks has anybody had to wait this long. Or is this usual wait.
    Originally posted by Welshman1911
    Some do yes. Now you've had the assessment you're almost there. There's no timescales for decisions, it all depends on backlog in your area.

You can ring DWP and ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision will be, as mostly they go with that report. Other than that, all you can do is wait, i'm afraid. Good luck.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 13th Mar 18, 9:14 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    Just to add my recently posted change in circumstances for existing pip is going to take months not weeks for another Atos meeting since I called pip to enquire timescales.
    Interesting as 2016 change was an Atos meeting within a few weeks.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 5th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    To add I since received a pip letter since my only returned phone call last week when I had a voicemail asking me to call and answer some evidence question.
    Letter received late last week stating all evidence and written report have been submitted.
    Pip decision 4 weeks max.
    I hope I haven't risked any pip income as I answered honestly and submitted new medication info and m.s. progress ongoing nurses support etc.
    If pip stays the same so be it if any increase that would be useful any decrease then maybe I could have not bothered keeping pip upto date
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Apr 18, 10:26 PM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 2,544 Thanks
    poppy12345
    To add I since received a pip letter since my only returned phone call last week when I had a voicemail asking me to call and answer some evidence question.
    Letter received late last week stating all evidence and written report have been submitted.
    Pip decision 4 weeks max.
    I hope I haven't risked any pip income as I answered honestly and submitted new medication info and m.s. progress ongoing nurses support etc.
    If pip stays the same so be it if any increase that would be useful any decrease then maybe I could have not bothered keeping pip upto date
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. Even though no face 2 face assessment took place there will still be a report written out for you to see. Good luck.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 6th Apr 18, 9:20 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. Even though no face 2 face assessment took place there will still be a report written out for you to see. Good luck.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Thanks that sugggestions has been mentioned recently.
    Though for the sake of a fe weeks, I'll await the decision letter.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 6th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 5,366 Posts
    • 7,529 Thanks
    deannatrois
    I hope I don't sound depressive but I think its best to think ahead. If you start asking for the PA4 report (if that's the one you need as it was a paper based assessment) now, you will receive it (I had to ask three times) and have time to think about any evidence/arguments you can make if you don't agree with the PIP decision.

Better to start asking for the report now, either way.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 6th Apr 18, 10:11 PM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 2,544 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I hope I don't sound depressive but I think its best to think ahead. If you start asking for the PA4 report (if that's the one you need as it was a paper based assessment) now, you will receive it (I had to ask three times) and have time to think about any evidence/arguments you can make if you don't agree with the PIP decision.

Better to start asking for the report now, either way.
    Originally posted by deannatrois
    I completely agree. Having the PA4 assessment report to hand just in case you have to go down the MR route is very handy. Some people are waiting weeks for a copy of this and it holds the process of the MR up. My advice is to ring and ask for a copy to be sent out to you.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 6th Apr 18, 10:25 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    I completely agree. Having the PA4 assessment report to hand just in case you have to go down the MR route is very handy. Some people are waiting weeks for a copy of this and it holds the process of the MR up. My advice is to ring and ask for a copy to be sent out to you.
    I've seen the term 'MR' often mentioned via mse.
    What is 'MR'
    Maybe I'm simple when it comes to dmp business.
    Though with MS progressing I'd think that maybe PIP will at the very least be similar to what I was awarded until 2023.
    Though this is my 1st non face to face since being diagnosed 2012-pip since 2013.
    It's difficult to find any time to call and request a written report as I'm trying to return to full time hours at work though I'll have a think over next few days.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    • Ames
    • By Ames 6th Apr 18, 10:29 PM
    • 17,239 Posts
    • 30,362 Thanks
    Ames
    MR is a mandatory reconsideration. If you disagree with the DWP decision you ask them to look at it again. A different decision maker reviews your case. This is only successful in 20% of cases. You have to go through this process before you can ask for an appeal, which is heard by an independent tribunal.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 11th Apr 18, 6:29 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    2nd letter today from dmp
    Gone is the 'you hear from ud no later than4 weeks
    Today's letter simply says we have all the info required you'll hear from us.
    No timescales this time
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Apr 18, 7:46 PM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 2,544 Thanks
    poppy12345
    2nd letter today from dmp
    Gone is the 'you hear from ud no later than4 weeks
    Today's letter simply says we have all the info required you'll hear from us.
    No timescales this time
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    That's a standard letter sent to everyone who doesn't put a mobile number down on the form. If a mobile number was put then a text message would have been sent.

There's no timescales for any decisions.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 11th Apr 18, 8:42 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    Dandytf
    That's a standard letter sent to everyone who doesn't put a mobile number down on the form. If a mobile number was put then a text message would have been sent.

There's no timescales for any decisions.
    Last weeks letter advised a decision should be sent to me no longer than 4 weeks.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    • K80 Black
    • By K80 Black 12th Apr 18, 3:38 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    K80 Black
    Mine took 125 days from applying to some money hitting my account. I'm in Northern Ireland and had trouble with a form being lost - so be proactive and phone them if things are taking longer than expected!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

1,607Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin