Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 10th Aug 13, 9:48 AM
    • 789Posts
    • 730Thanks
    MEMBER02
    parking eye fine(first ever)
    • 10th Aug 13, 9:48 AM
    parking eye fine(first ever) 10th Aug 13 at 9:48 AM
    just received a parking fine notice for overstaying in our local farmfoods car park by 17 minutes,they want 75 reduced to 45 if paid within 14 days,im not disputing the fact i overstayed but i read that these fines are not enforcable,if i dont pay it what is likely to happen?any advice is welcomed
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 13, 8:55 PM
    • 23,790 Posts
    • 38,091 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Also as your wife has disabilities they have to make allowances for this.
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    Agree, and you need to make much of this in your appeal.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 10th Aug 13, 10:37 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    thanks guys just emailed appeal,will also send via post on monday too,if they still pursue the charge ill keep this post updated and hopefully ill get advise how to appeal through popla
    Last edited by MEMBER02; 10-08-2013 at 10:52 PM.
  • Scouse Magic
    As well as all the good advice on here, write to the store manager of farm foods informing him you are implementing a mass local boycott of the store until such a time as these !!!!in clowns have gone and took their stinkin ANPR or attendants with them.....

People who work hard for their money are really becoming annoyed with these companies preying on them for going shopping, nothing but scum
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 11th Aug 13, 10:05 AM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    emailed farmfoods head office,emailed appeal to the scammers pe will write to them tomorrow
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 12th Aug 13, 9:43 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    emailed farmfoods head office,emailed appeal to the scammers pe will write to them tomorrow
    Originally posted by MEMBER02
    sent in written appeal earlier today,then later on i get reply from farmfoods asking for pe ref no,they said they will look into getting it cancelled,thanks to the posters who give me advise regarding this unfair ticket
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 12th Aug 13, 9:47 PM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    You're welcome, can you come back and confirm its been cancelled please.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 12th Aug 13, 9:48 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    You're welcome, can you come back and confirm its been cancelled please.
    Originally posted by Stroma
    Yes definetly thanks again guys
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Aug 13, 10:45 PM
    • 23,790 Posts
    • 38,091 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Seems like you could get a positive result here MEMBER02. Keep us informed please
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 12th Aug 13, 10:57 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    Seems like you could get a positive result here MEMBER02. Keep us informed please
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks umkomaas fingers crossed,if for any reason it isnt cancelled it will be going to popla
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 15th Aug 13, 8:24 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    got my ticket cancelled,letter from pe confirming this
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 15th Aug 13, 8:33 PM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    Great stuff, thanks for coming back with the confirmation
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Aug 13, 8:41 PM
    • 23,790 Posts
    • 38,091 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    got my ticket cancelled,letter from pe confirming this
    Originally posted by MEMBER02
    Great result OP, I'm pleased to have been involved in this thread. Thanks for the positive update.

Whilst I despise the (more recent) highly predatory instinct of ParkingEye, especially the ramping up and persecution of the Aldi customers via the LBA debacle, I must say that when faced with the inevitable (no win) they do seem to have the degree of common sense necessary to withdraw with a bit of grace.

Feel genuinely happy for you MEMBER02.
    • MEMBER02
    • By MEMBER02 15th Aug 13, 10:42 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 730 Thanks
    MEMBER02
    Great result OP, I'm pleased to have been involved in this thread. Thanks for the positive update.

Whilst I despise the (more recent) highly predatory instinct of ParkingEye, especially the ramping up and persecution of the Aldi customers via the LBA debacle, I must say that when faced with the inevitable (no win) they do seem to have the degree of common sense necessary to withdraw with a bit of grace.

Feel genuinely happy for you MEMBER02.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thanks umkomaas for your kind words,i think the reason for them cancelling the ticket was due to the intervention of farmfoods who have been very helpful and fair dealing with this matter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

804Posts Today

7,231Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin