Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• bmas
    bmas Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am currently on Sim only deal with Vodafone (Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts, 3GB data) for £16.50 (25% discount on £22) for 12 months and this ends in March and it will revert back to £22.

I am looking for the same type of a package but for a lower price - at most £12. I have called Vodafone, the best offer on my firt call was £15.30 (down from £17). Are there any better offers there? I dont want to have to pay for voice mail or 0800 calls etc.

Many thanks
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2016 at 9:23AM
    I changed to GiffGaff on PAYG, brilliant ! Especially if you are not a heavy user, I got their cheapest GoodyBag (1 month deal no contract) @
    £5 per month. 100 mins. 200 texts and 200Mb of data. On o2 network
    whom I used to be with before and it is no different, except much cheaper.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • Iv'e just called EE and asked for my pac code as I am looking to join BT. They offered me £14.99 for 4gb or £18.99 for 6GB. I am currently paying £21.99 for 5gb. I decided not to take the offer and took my pac code. BT for £16 for 20GB a month as I am already a customer.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bmas wrote: »
    I am currently on Sim only deal with Vodafone (Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts, 3GB data) for £16.50 (25% discount on £22) for 12 months and this ends in March and it will revert back to £22.

I am looking for the same type of a package but for a lower price - at most £12. I have called Vodafone, the best offer on my firt call was £15.30 (down from £17). Are there any better offers there? I dont want to have to pay for voice mail or 0800 calls etc.

Many thanks

Id get away form Vodafone, just read some of the threads on here about Vodafone.
  • philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not seen much mention of giffgaff over the past few pages. How are they rated nowadays?

I've been with Virgin for donkeys years.
    Am on the £8 a month for unlimited texts and 500mb data (not bothered about calls)

I was thinking of upping the data to 1Gb @ £10 per month... but could get the same deal on giffgaff.. and they use 4G. Virgin are stuck on 3G and dispite monthly promises from year dot, show no sign of changing.

I've always been happy with VM and the coverage via EE in my area is excellent. Just wish they had 4G.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    philatio wrote: »
    Not seen much mention of giffgaff over the past few pages. How are they rated nowadays?

I've been with Virgin for donkeys years.
    Am on the £8 a month for unlimited texts and 500mb data (not bothered about calls)

I was thinking of upping the data to 1Gb @ £10 per month... but could get the same deal on giffgaff.. and they use 4G. Virgin are stuck on 3G and dispite monthly promises from year dot, show no sign of changing.

I've always been happy with VM and the coverage via EE in my area is excellent. Just wish they had 4G.

Giffgaff 3G can be slow if the area is busy, their 4G is very good and totally usable.

Check the o2 or Giffgaff coverage map and see how much 4G coverage you have, if you do, give them a try.
    ====
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I am with orange and get magic numbers, they now call themselves EE, eitherway I have a SIM only £8 per month contract for which I get:-
    500 mins (but rarely use 250 mins)
    500 texts (but never use over 100)
    100MB of data, but have internet switched off as afraid to use and go over.

Because of this, my smart phone is back in box and have gone back to my Samsung-C3350.

If someone could suggest a SIM with more data and possibly less minutes, I would gladly reconsider.
  • philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Virgin £8 500mb
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    islandman wrote: »

If someone could suggest a SIM with more data and possibly less minutes, I would gladly reconsider.

GiffGaff offer for £7.50 per month :
    • 250 UK minutes
    • Unlimited UK texts
    • 500 MB UK data
    • Free to other giffgaff numbers
    This is one of their "goodybags". You have to put £10 in to start with but will get £5 free added to your account. They have 4G. More minutes and data for a bit more money. Runs on o2 network.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport