Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 567
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Sep 18, 7:24 PM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Air Austral don't appear to operate into the UK but their partner airlines do.

https://www.air-austral.com/en/about-air-austral/air-austral-partners/our-airline-partners.html

Which airline did you fly with? Was it a long haul or short haul flight? from and to where? Please post your full itinerary as it's impossible to tell from the little detail you have given.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • slopemaster
    • By slopemaster 13th Sep 18, 10:36 AM
    • 1,482 Posts
    • 756 Thanks
    slopemaster
    We flew with Air Austral from La Reunion to Marseille.
    It is long haul (10 hr flight, well over the 3500km) but within EU, as Reunion is part of France (and thus Air Austral is an EU airline).

I am going to send them a reminder today as they haven't replied, but I wonder if I'd be better filling in the EU form rather than just re-sending my original e-mail
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Sep 18, 11:06 AM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    EU form? whats that?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Sep 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    Tyzap
    We flew with Air Austral from La Reunion to Marseille.
    It is long haul (10 hr flight, well over the 3500km) but within EU, as Reunion is part of France (and thus Air Austral is an EU airline).

I am going to send them a reminder today as they haven't replied, but I wonder if I'd be better filling in the EU form rather than just re-sending my original e-mail
    Originally posted by slopemaster
    Yes, the French overseas departments are included in the regulations.

Most airlines usually have an EU261 flight delay claim form on their website. If that is available, it will be the quickest and most direct way of claiming.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Sep 18, 11:53 AM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    It looks as though there is a generic general claim form hidden within the help section.

• slopemaster
    • By slopemaster 13th Sep 18, 12:00 PM
    • 1,482 Posts
    • 756 Thanks
    slopemaster
    Yes, I did find the generic claim form, thanks, and there didn't seem to be a specific one.
    I sent them an e-mail with all the details though; it seemed easier and I wanted to be able to sign in our joint names which you can't on the form.

The EU form I'm talking about is this one
    EU Complaint form for air passengers - Europa EU

which is linked to from the article on here I think
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Sep 18, 12:32 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    Ah, I've never seen that form.

Thats a useful and comprehensive form.
    Thanks.

• oxuk85
    • By oxuk85 14th Sep 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oxuk85
    Hello all,

Quick question for those of you whom have been successful with their delay flight compensation with easyjet.

They sent me an email on the 4th of August to tell me that my claim had been reviewed and I was entitled to compensation; in this email they mention I need to allow at least 14 days for the money to arrive in my account. It has been over a month but so far I have not received anything.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    Hi.
    Should be on easyJet thread.
    Contact easyJet for payment update?

• oxuk85
    • By oxuk85 14th Sep 18, 8:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oxuk85
    I should move this to the easyJet thread.
    I did reply to the initial email (customer.service@easyjet.com) two weeks ago but so far I have not received any replies.
    • ZINXYX
    • By ZINXYX 16th Sep 18, 7:27 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    ZINXYX
    Hi,
    My flight from Ghana to Birmingham via Istanbul by Turkish airlines was delayed in Turkey. It was scheduled for 07:30 hrs but rescheduled for 13.30 hours. The flight lasted more than 3 hours and was over 3500 km. Can I claim compensation, and will it affect the return flight back to Ghana please?

Thanks.
    You can have God without religion!
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Sep 18, 7:35 AM
    • 11,551 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    Caz3121
    As Turkish Airlines are not a community carrier, EU261 would only apply to flights departing from the EU so not applicable from Ghana/Turkey
    • ZINXYX
    • By ZINXYX 16th Sep 18, 8:05 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    ZINXYX
    As Turkish Airlines are not a community carrier, EU261 would only apply to flights departing from the EU so not applicable from Ghana/Turkey
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Thanks a lot. that's so unfortunate.
    You can have God without religion!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 18th Sep 18, 12:03 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    The new MCOL website is pointless. I used the Beta version but because the defendant sent a response via email, this wasn't updated on MCOL.
    Really, what is the point?
    N1 paper form next time.

• Ajcormi
    • By Ajcormi 18th Sep 18, 7:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ajcormi
    Emirates missed connection
    Hello, please help. So my flights with emirates were Colombo to Dubai to Newcastle. The 1st flight circled over Dubai for sometime and consequently landed late. Once off the plane we had 35 minutes before the gate closed for the Newcastle flight however emirates staff told us we could not go to the gate and held us where we were then told we had to be put on a later flight. We were flown to Paris then to Newcastle which meant we arrived at Newcastle 11 hours later than scheduled. I used your tool to claim compensation and have received a reply stating they will pay £33 compensation!! Am I 3ntitled to compensation? If so what do I do next?
    Thank you
    • JPears
    • By JPears 18th Sep 18, 10:29 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    Non EU airline departing non EU airport=no compensation under regulation 261/2004.
    Sorry.

• rosie383
    • By rosie383 19th Sep 18, 7:15 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 10,359 Thanks
    rosie383
    One of you mentioned starting a thread with UK contact details for EU airlines so people can find them easily. Is there any possibility of a thread such as that please?

If I ever find details for Vueling then I will certainly share. Vueling have refused our claim and I have an NBA ready to send but still can only find a Spanish address.
    Failing being able to get a UK address, is it recommended that I just go ahead and post to Spain? So far we have been sending the communication via email and have had very quick replies of refusal.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    • JPears
    • By JPears 19th Sep 18, 7:41 AM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    JPears
    Rosie have you asked, via email, for a UK address for correspondence?
    If they don't have one then send NBA via email then start reading Dr Watson's super notes for the ESCP.

• rosie383
    • By rosie383 19th Sep 18, 3:29 PM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 10,359 Thanks
    rosie383
    I will certainly do that JP. Thank you.

As expected, I've just received replies back to my request for evidence and they've just told me that we are not due compensation because the delay was caused by 'congestion of the air traffic, which caused the application of further air traffic regulations, restrictions, limitations and additional measures blah blah...'
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    • sicleaver
    • By sicleaver 20th Sep 18, 9:32 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    sicleaver
    Norweigen delay tactics
    Hi All,
    Thought I would share my experience. My family were flying to Boston with Norweigen Air on 18th July , on the way to the airport I had a call offering 400 Euro pp compensation and hotel, travel and food expenses for the night if we volunteered to fly the next day instead. We accepted,
    I submitted a claim via their website, which indicated that we were entitled to the 400 Euros pp. Submitting the expenses claim and receipts was trickier and after a few hours and multiple attempts at using the web form I called Customer Services who said that it there was a fault with the form and to send it through via the complaint form.

Other than an auto acknowledgement email I received no other comms. I have chased probably 5 times now by phone and been told at different stages that these claims are addressed after 3, 5, 6, 8 and now 2 months after submission of the claim due to volume of work.

I got off the phone a moment ago after being advised that as the 2 month mark is next week I will have advice and payment by the end of that week. I advised the consultant that this will be in the hands of Bott and Co on the following Monday if it is not sorted. I have followed up by an email to their standard customer address, the CEO and Head of Customer Services.

This is a shame because the Airline did almost everything else right in terms of the service in getting us to the US and back for a reasonable price. And they answer the phone in a timely manner and the quality of the people you talk to is good given the standards we are used to. But 2 months is just way too long for compensation that has been agreed/approved.

I will update next week.

Si
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,246Posts Today

8,626Users online

Martin's Twitter