Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 561
    • caladineac
    • By caladineac 2nd Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    caladineac
    Were not talking about the following day your flight details are for the flight that was canceled. What were those details
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    Sorry.
    TOM 7678
    16/6
    BHX to FUE
    15:40
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Jul 18, 7:19 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    Justice13075
    As you say euclaim say no compensation you need to put those details into bottonline to see what they say. They will have an answer
    • caladineac
    • By caladineac 2nd Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    caladineac
    As you say euclaim say no compensation you need to put those details into bottonline to see what they say. They will have an answer
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    botton line doesnt find the replacement flight, so it gets stuck.
    I've emailed them for further help.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    Justice13075
    ok, we will wait to see what they say
    • Blade74
    • By Blade74 2nd Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blade74
    Justice
    Thanks for your help today . Much appreciated
    • rego
    • By rego 3rd Jul 18, 2:28 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 6,001 Thanks
    rego
    Should I leave my Case with Resolver open until I have used the compensation voucher that has been provided by Thomas Cook, just in case there are any issues in trying to use it?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

In Moyes Martinez Koeman we trust
    ====================
    BzzAgent
    • killick_becki
    • By killick_becki 3rd Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    killick_becki
    Claim for poor service during a delay
    I'm not asking about the EU flight delay compensation. I'm wanting to hear from anyone who has been successful in obtaining some form of compensation for poor service during a delay.

I was on a flight with Emirates recently and had 2 hours and 26 minutes delay - so not eligible for the EU compensation.

However, I boarded the flight at 08:40 in the morning local time, we went to the run way and the pilots identified an issue that meant we were diverted back to the gate for it to be fixed. We then set off after more than 2.5 hours delay. We didn't get served any food or drink (no water even) until 1:15pm local time - over 4.5 hours later!

In my opinion this is atrocious service and i'd like to complain but is it worth my time?
    Does anyone else have experience of complaining about something like this and if so, what compensation did you receive?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 3rd Jul 18, 4:48 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I'm not asking about the EU flight delay compensation. I'm wanting to hear from anyone who has been successful in obtaining some form of compensation for poor service during a delay.

I was on a flight with Emirates recently and had 2 hours and 26 minutes delay - so not eligible for the EU compensation.

However, I boarded the flight at 08:40 in the morning local time, we went to the run way and the pilots identified an issue that meant we were diverted back to the gate for it to be fixed. We then set off after more than 2.5 hours delay. We didn't get served any food or drink (no water even) until 1:15pm local time - over 4.5 hours later!

In my opinion this is atrocious service and i'd like to complain but is it worth my time?
    Does anyone else have experience of complaining about something like this and if so, what compensation did you receive?
    Originally posted by killick_becki
    Hi,

Unfortunately this type of delay and poor service does not come under the EU regulations.

The best you'll get out of this are some air miles from Emirates, if you write a letter/email of complaint to them.

I have already been down the very same road with Emirates after some very poor service and a shoddy aircraft caused me a extremely uncomfortable 8 hour flight.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • ractrac
    • By ractrac 3rd Jul 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ractrac
    Anybody know RYANAIRS email address to send the template letter? It keeps bouncing back.

Thank you
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 3rd Jul 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Firstly have you already made a claim on their website, you must do that before you start sending letters.
    • johncc
    • By johncc 4th Jul 18, 2:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    johncc
    2 Cancellations in 1 "Journey"
    Hi
    A question about a "double" cancellation issue.
    A booked a flight with TAP from London City Airport to Porto (Portugal) on Monday 25th June (depart 3pm, arrive 6pm)
    On arrival at the ariport at 1pm I found out that TAP had cancelled the flight - without informing anyone.

At the airport I was offered an alternative flight to Porto from London Heathrow via Lisbon (depart LHR 18:45, arrive Lisbon 21:25, depart Lisbon 22:30 arrive Porto 23:25). I accepted this offer (as it would at least get me to Porto on the same day) and they also paid for a taxi from London City to London Heathrow. They did NOT offer me any food or phone vouchers.
    I arrived at Heathrow in good time only to see that the flight to Lisbon was delayed by 30 minutes on the departure boards, which was slightly worrying me as I only had an hour leeway to make my connecting flight.
    This flight eventually departed an hour or so late, so I was expecting to miss my connecting flight but, knowing the rules, I was expecting to get at least a hotel for the night and a flight to Porto the next day.

However, when we landed in Lisbon (an hour late) it appeared that the connecting flight to Porto was also running late so I was able to board this flight after all. BUT, this flight then say on the runway for an hour (it was delayed as they had to remove luggage from the hold for 'missing' passnegers) and then it was cancelled (apparently due to 'works' at Porto airport).

There then followed much confusion in Lisbon airport - had to locate and retrieve my hold luggage then try to find TAP staff at 1 a.m. End result was that TAP staff said that there were no more flights and that everyone had to either (a) make their own way to Porto and claim money back or (b) stay in the airport until 7 a.m. and then queue up and MAYBE they could find alternative flights the next day. No hotels were offered, even when quoting the relevant EU regulations to them. By persistence and patience I was eventually (at 2 a.m.) offered a flight at 9 PM on Tuesday 26th. This would have meant missing another day in Porot so I declined the offer and made my own way to Porto by the first train at 6 a.m.

My question is whether I can claim compensation for BOTH my cancelled flights or do they count as 1 journey?

If I have understood the regulations correctly, then I presume that I am entitled to at least a refund of my flight costs AND compensation of 250 euros (and maybe food/train expenses too?)
    • Julie Keeble
    • By Julie Keeble 4th Jul 18, 2:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Julie Keeble
    i have made a compensation claim against Ryanair through Resolver on your website and have had to escalate as per the advice. I have still not heard anything and advice is to escalate with Chief Executive. I'm not sure how to do this as there is no forwarding advice
    Any ideas?
    • pickeringunited
    • By pickeringunited 4th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pickeringunited
    What happens to your rights to compensation if I book a BA flight but due to the partnership arrangement between BA and american airlines end up being delayed by an AA flight internal in the USA. Can BA refuse my compensation claim?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 4th Jul 18, 3:24 PM
    • 11,317 Posts
    • 7,422 Thanks
    Caz3121
    What happens to your rights to compensation if I book a BA flight but due to the partnership arrangement between BA and american airlines end up being delayed by an AA flight internal in the USA. Can BA refuse my compensation claim?
    Originally posted by pickeringunited
    you would not be claiming with BA. EU261 claims are against the operating carrier. As a non-EU airline, AA flights are only covered when departing the EU
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 4th Jul 18, 6:20 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi
    A question about a "double" cancellation issue.
    A booked a flight with TAP from London City Airport to Porto (Portugal) on Monday 25th June (depart 3pm, arrive 6pm)
    On arrival at the ariport at 1pm I found out that TAP had cancelled the flight - without informing anyone.

At the airport I was offered an alternative flight to Porto from London Heathrow via Lisbon (depart LHR 18:45, arrive Lisbon 21:25, depart Lisbon 22:30 arrive Porto 23:25). I accepted this offer (as it would at least get me to Porto on the same day) and they also paid for a taxi from London City to London Heathrow. They did NOT offer me any food or phone vouchers.
    I arrived at Heathrow in good time only to see that the flight to Lisbon was delayed by 30 minutes on the departure boards, which was slightly worrying me as I only had an hour leeway to make my connecting flight.
    This flight eventually departed an hour or so late, so I was expecting to miss my connecting flight but, knowing the rules, I was expecting to get at least a hotel for the night and a flight to Porto the next day.

However, when we landed in Lisbon (an hour late) it appeared that the connecting flight to Porto was also running late so I was able to board this flight after all. BUT, this flight then say on the runway for an hour (it was delayed as they had to remove luggage from the hold for 'missing' passnegers) and then it was cancelled (apparently due to 'works' at Porto airport).

There then followed much confusion in Lisbon airport - had to locate and retrieve my hold luggage then try to find TAP staff at 1 a.m. End result was that TAP staff said that there were no more flights and that everyone had to either (a) make their own way to Porto and claim money back or (b) stay in the airport until 7 a.m. and then queue up and MAYBE they could find alternative flights the next day. No hotels were offered, even when quoting the relevant EU regulations to them. By persistence and patience I was eventually (at 2 a.m.) offered a flight at 9 PM on Tuesday 26th. This would have meant missing another day in Porot so I declined the offer and made my own way to Porto by the first train at 6 a.m.

My question is whether I can claim compensation for BOTH my cancelled flights or do they count as 1 journey?

If I have understood the regulations correctly, then I presume that I am entitled to at least a refund of my flight costs AND compensation of 250 euros (and maybe food/train expenses too?)
    Originally posted by johncc
    Hi John,

As you were re-routed and were on different flight numbers etc I believe you can claim compensation for both flights, see below, the cost of transport from Lisbon to Porto, a refund of the un-used sector plus any duty of care expenses that you may have incurred.

Any new right to compensation according to Article 7 will apply to the re-routed flight accepted under Article 8(1)(b) or (c) if it is also cancelled or delayed at arrival (see Section 4.4.11). The Commission recommends that options are clearly spelled out to passengers when assistance is to be provided.

I think you're understanding of the regulations is spot on.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th Jul 18, 9:59 PM
    • 3,854 Posts
    • 1,061 Thanks
    JPears
    Agreed. But expect a fight from one or both. I would be inclined not to mention the re-routed flight to either airline. Treat as 2 entirely separate claims.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,032Posts Today

8,421Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin