Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 558
    • bobesox
    • By bobesox 16th May 18, 9:56 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    bobesox
    Yes I appreciate bad weather is not BA s fault but looking at the guide I do not feel they made suitable effort to provide a replacement crew which was meant to land at FLL from Orlando at 8pm to enable us to fly out that evening. Indeed updated we were able to obtain suggested we were still due to take off at 2am. It was staffing that was the issue for the very long delay not the weather or plane.
    Last edited by bobesox; 16-05-2018 at 9:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
    CHEAP IN COST NOT IN STYLE...
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 17th May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Yes I appreciate bad weather is not BA s fault but looking at the guide I do not feel they made suitable effort to provide a replacement crew
    Originally posted by bobesox

Be that as it may, BA will almost certainly deny your claim so you will need to take legal action to get a result. I doubt Bott & Co would take the case.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 17th May 18, 9:43 AM
    • 1,380 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The only hope you have imo would be to prove that BA did not take 'all reasonable measures' to shorten or mitigate the delay.

This is easier to prove at a home base or even a busy base like JFK where more resources are available to the airline. It would be an up hill battle, but if you feel strongly it may be worth a go.

I'd put your chances at about 30%.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Arthur Moog
    • By Arthur Moog 21st May 18, 5:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Arthur Moog
    Blue Air
    4 px delayed 7 hours liverpool Alicante due 1600 euros compensation. However, Blue Air do not seem to have a UK presence, and I believe they are doing it on purpose. How do you go about suing them, and can it be done. I have spoken to oe online solicitor who explicitly states on their site they do not pursue Balkan Airlines. I called and they confirmed they do not go after Blue Air claims.

Has anyone been successful with a Blue Air claim, if so how to do it?

Many thanks
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st May 18, 7:51 PM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    It's a tough one. I understand that they do have an office in Germany, so you could use ESCP (Euro small claims court in UK)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Arthur Moog
    • By Arthur Moog 21st May 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Arthur Moog
    Blue Air
    Possibly that route, Thanks JPears. Anyone else with potential information for Blue Air? Cheers
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st May 18, 9:34 PM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Dr Watson's most excellent notes in the Ryanair thread are a good start.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • FflurRoberts
    • By FflurRoberts 22nd May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FflurRoberts
    Can I check the reasons for flight delay
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the reason for a delayed flight in 2014. The company (British Airways) tell me that I cannot claim as it was delayed because of adverse weather conditions, which prevented the aircraft operating as scheduled.

However, I thought the flight was cancelled because of technical problems with the aircraft. How can I check this?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 22nd May 18, 9:31 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    You can't really but if you take legal action, the airline will be forced to provide details of the delay. You can also try looking up your flight on Bott&Co or EUClaim's flight checkers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

7,869Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin