Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 551
    • mrsk3r
    • By mrsk3r 27th Feb 18, 9:20 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrsk3r
    I assume it was direct flights. Firstly the outward flight would be claimable if the delay was not due to extra ordinary circumstances. the return flight would be the same as long as the airline you flew with is an eu airline. Put you flight details in to bottonline and EuClaim and see what they say or post your details here.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    Thanks, yes both flights were direct with Norwegian Air.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 27th Feb 18, 9:21 AM
    • 11,183 Posts
    • 7,340 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Thanks, yes they were both direct flights with Norwegian Air.
    Originally posted by mrsk3r
    what were the reasons provided for the delays?
    • mrsk3r
    • By mrsk3r 27th Feb 18, 9:22 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrsk3r
    Which airline?
    I know of only 2 airlines flying from LGW to JFK, BA and Norwegian. Both are eligible for compensation under EU Regs 261/2004.

The compensation you can claim for is for both ways ie 600 EUR each way
    Originally posted by symphony63
    Thanks it was Norwegian Air, I've done the Resolver tool for the outward journey but I'll try for the return journey now, thanks.
    • mrsk3r
    • By mrsk3r 27th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrsk3r
    what were the reasons provided for the delays?
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    Going out this was the message 'late incoming aircraft caused by technical issues on previous sector"

The return was this message "delayed due to aircraft swap caused by technical issues."
    • symphony63
    • By symphony63 27th Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    symphony63
    Going out this was the message 'late incoming aircraft caused by technical issues on previous sector"

The return was this message "delayed due to aircraft swap caused by technical issues."
    Originally posted by mrsk3r
    Both eligible to claim.
    Why use Resolver if you could do it direct on the Norwegian site. Probably much quicker on the Norwegian site.
    • Peewee1
    • By Peewee1 27th Feb 18, 2:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Peewee1
    Success - Air Malta claim
    Hi all, I am new to the forum, so forgive me if i'm posting in the wrong place.
    I made a claim exactly one week ago via 'RESOLVER', which I found on the MSE web page. The claim was for a delayed flight with Air Malta in 2013 from London to Malta, which i'm pleased to advise was resolved today by Air Malta with Ä400 each for myself and partner.
    Thank you MSE, as I would not have bothered with the claim after so long, had I not found the 'RESOLVER' section on your web page
    • DEBTMONKEY1A
    • By DEBTMONKEY1A 28th Feb 18, 7:09 AM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    DEBTMONKEY1A
    Easyjet flt delayed.Also..how to get gate arr time
    Hi. Sorry for the blunt title header....no room! G/F on ezy7284 Geneva/Liverpool 27 Feb. Delayed due to 'poor weather conditions'.Flt due at 11.35, Liverpool easyjet live arrivals and I think flight stats (looked at loads online so can't quite remember if flightstats checked....think I did????!) Had arrival of 1427.

Been reading up online and apparently its the time the stairs are attached to aircraft that determines TOTAL delay time. Now I assume from 1427 to 1435....only 8 mins after all....plane was taxiing to gate? Any idea how to DEFINITIVELY check this?

Also.....I read online that it's NOT an exceptional circumstance Geneva being affected by 'poor weather' as it's a well known gateway for nearby ski resorts so inclement weather is par for the course and not 'exceptional'.

Any of you learned gsls/lads care to advise? Thanks! Any help would be great!
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 28th Feb 18, 7:21 AM
    • 11,183 Posts
    • 7,340 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Also.....I read online that it's NOT an exceptional circumstance Geneva being affected by 'poor weather' as it's a well known gateway for nearby ski resorts so inclement weather is par for the course and not 'exceptional'.
    Originally posted by DEBTMONKEY1A
    whilst snow in Geneva is certainly not unusual, it is not within the control of the airline so weather delays are extraordinary from a compensation perspective (none due over duty of care)
    According to Flightaware, you were scheduled to arrive at 11:35am and landed at 2:21pm, taxied to gate for 6 minutes before arriving at the gate at 2:27pm....
    • DEBTMONKEY1A
    • By DEBTMONKEY1A 28th Feb 18, 7:25 AM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    DEBTMONKEY1A
    Ah.....ok. so beaten by 8 minutes! Thanks for the quick reply!
    • DEBTMONKEY1A
    • By DEBTMONKEY1A 28th Feb 18, 9:05 AM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    DEBTMONKEY1A
    Does anyone know how to fi d the exact 'official' reason for a delay?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 1,378 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Try putting your flight details into one or two online flight delay calculators, that will give you an indication.

The only sure way is via MCOL when the airline must disclose any relevant information that you ask for.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 3,674 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Does anyone know how to fi d the exact 'official' reason for a delay?
    The incoming flight from Liverpool was delayed by 2.5 hours ( I think due to snow at Liverpool - I'm catching that flight next week) so thats probably why you were delayed.
    I think, unless Bott online say otherwise you have no claim as were both weather related and <3 hrs delayed.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 28th Feb 18, 10:56 AM
    • 677 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    strawberries1
    BA has offered the compensation after refusing 2ce. Thanks everyone.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 3,674 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    BA has offered the compensation after refusing 2ce. Thanks everyone.
    Originally posted by strawberries1
    Nice one. Perseverance pays.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • DEBTMONKEY1A
    • By DEBTMONKEY1A 2nd Mar 18, 9:50 AM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    DEBTMONKEY1A
    Hi again.....thanks for the replies! OK....sorry to be dumb....but on a couple of the flight info web sites its been put 'gate arrival 2.27pm'.Now is this the EXACT moment doors open or jus the time aeroplane taxi's and ARRIVES at gate, not allowing for attaching stairs and opening door? G/F swears she actually LEFT plane at just before 2.45pm.

Also just to confuse matters 1 of the now win/fee companies said I HAD got a claim....but bottsonline said no? Also Botts said the weather at Geneva which has its fair share of snow (actually closed yesterday), according to Botts it was 'not exceptional or 'a freak event'????! Confused.com. Antony any thoughts on the above?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 2nd Mar 18, 10:19 AM
    • 11,183 Posts
    • 7,340 Thanks
    Caz3121
    but on a couple of the flight info web sites its been put 'gate arrival 2.27pm'.Now is this the EXACT moment doors open or jus the time aeroplane taxi's and ARRIVES at gate, not allowing for attaching stairs and opening door? G/F swears she actually LEFT plane at just before 2.45pm.
    as before, the flight landed at 2:21 and spent 6 mins taxi'ing to the gate, arriving/stopping at the gate at 2:27pm. It generally is a minute or two on top of that for door open. I think you would find it difficult to prove that the plane sat on the stand for over 8 minutes with nothing happening.
    by all means find a NWNF that will take this on if you can but I would not hold out for any payment especially since weather played a part in the delay
    • DEBTMONKEY1A
    • By DEBTMONKEY1A 2nd Mar 18, 10:32 AM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    DEBTMONKEY1A
    OK.....worth banging off a template letter myself or a complete waste of time? What sort of fee would NWNF providers charge on 230 euros?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 2nd Mar 18, 10:50 AM
    • 11,183 Posts
    • 7,340 Thanks
    Caz3121
    OK.....worth banging off a template letter myself or a complete waste of time? What sort of fee would NWNF providers charge on 230 euros?
    NWNFs charge about 30% however they want easy win cases so you may struggle to find one to take it anyway
    EUClaim says -
    From an analysis of your flight data, it appears you are not entitled to compensation.
    Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation.
    Your flight had an arrival delay of less than three hours. To be entitled to compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 you arrival delay must be three hours or more.

I expect if you send in a claim yourself you will get one of 2 responses -
    1) not delayed over 3 hours so no compensation due (most likely response)
    2) delay due to weather so no compensation due (if you can submit evidence that doors were not opened after being sat on stand for over 8 mins)
    • timodell
    • By timodell 5th Mar 18, 11:47 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    timodell
    BA Flight 0358 LHR to LYS 13:35 1 March cancelled by e-mail with no explanation at 20:02 on 28th Feb (after boarding card already issued) and rebooked on 07:50 on 2 March. Presumably I can claim EUR250 compensation as this seems to have been "pre-emptive consolidation" ahead of the anticipated bad weather - at that point there were no weather issues at LHR, nor were there any until late in the afternoon of the 1st March, so can't see how they can use the weather as an excuse...?
    Last edited by timodell; 05-03-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 5th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    You can claim of course but you will likely have to take the matter to small claims court to get a result. This is assuming that the cancellations were not airport mandated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,592Posts Today

9,419Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin