Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    I'm glad Centipede has been recognised for his sterling work in listing all of those flights ;) :rotfl:

If you''ve got 5 minutes spare, fancy popping together a Thomson one as well? :T:T
    Eeeeeee....... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BB, have to say, the Monarch flight list has evolved over 6 months, it's certainly a shame that no-one from the respective Thomson or Thomas Cook threads also took up the torch at the start of all this malarkey, but I doubt that anyone has about 2 spare days to compile such a list (for free) now.

Come on Mark - don't be so indolent. I reckon you could have it finished in 24 hours (if you worked through the night). :rotfl:
  • Tom_Ashfie
    Tom_Ashfie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi All,

I recently experienced similar problems when trying to make a claim against Easy Jet for a flight back in 2008 from London Luton to Paris. I arrived over 4 hours late due to a "catalogue" of disasters.

Anyway I tried to claim myself but was sent the usual load of rubbish from Easy Jet saying that the engine failure that resulted in the delay (blah blah blah) was out of their control and so they would not pay. I left it at that for a while as I did not have the time to follow up.

Anyway a friend of mine then recommended a company called Blueway Limited to me who operate under flightdelayrefunds.com
    who he had used and who had won him compensation for his previous delayed flight - they work on a no win no fee basis and only take 20% from any amount that they successfully claim back. I have now just received a credit of £410 (and this is after flightdelayrefunds.com took their 20%) into my bank account after they won my case for me. Just thought it may help anyone looking to make a claim or who is stuck with their previous claim as they certainly helped me and all I had to do was send them some simple info.

Cheers all and hope it helps

Tom
  • Tatch27
    Tatch27 Posts: 1 Newbie
    We travelled to Amsterdam in 2007 and our flight was cancelled on the way back. We made a claim with BA and was given our out of pocket expenses (food and additional taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick) and 2 x £50 vouchers for use with BA only. I assumed this was all we were entitled to despite quoting the EU regulation. After recently reading Martin's article I claimed for compensation under the EU regulation and am pleased to say they settled on 250 euros per person and today received the cheque. Not complicated - just filled in the form and sent all the associated documentation (copies of tickets etc.) Definite result. Without Martin's advice on this website I would never have thought I could claim back to 2007!:j
  • Vauban
    Thanks Tom, I think we get the message now...!

I've reported it as advertising.
  • Tom_Ashfie
    Tom_Ashfie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Sorry - I was not intending to advertise or annoy anyone by repeating myself. Just thought it may help some people. I will not send my message again - promise :-)
  • Just want to say a massive thank you to Suelees1 and Caz3121 for all your assistance, BA have accepted my compensation claim and that they will pay me 250 euros for a delayed flight for back in 2007. However they will not pay for my boyfriend as names are different. He will need to make a separate claim.

Thanks again for all your help.
  • thalia22
    thalia22 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi Their all,
    I shall post on this main site the following details all of which are depicted on this main forum website, but I shall also post for reference on the Iberia forum website.
    I have finally won my case after 2.5 years against Iberia, first initiated in December 2010. I finally received my cheque today, (23/5/2013), after the District judge finally approved the Tomlin Order on the 7/5/2013. Part of the Order was non disclosure, however all the information is already in the Public Domain on the website, including my final offer for settlement on page 268 #5346. So the full details are their to be viewed, and all prior to the Court approved, signing of the Tomlin order on the 7/5/2013. So after all that they settled without a full Court Hearing after receiving my very comprehensive case file.
    For those wishing to read the full case history, I list all the following pages for reference:- Page 101,#2106, Page 110,#2187, Page 165,#3285, Page 168, #3345, Page 196 #3917, Page 208 #4512, Page 241 #4819, Page 250 #4983, Page 265 #5286, Page 266 #5303, Page 268 #5346, Page 312 #6239.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thalia22 - I have followed your posts with interest and I congratulate you on your tenacity and patience. Congratulations, well done ~ enjoy the compensation!
  • Vauban
    Well done Thalia22 - great result and much deserved!
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fantastic result Thalia, and many thanks for all of your detailed postings over the months :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback