Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 434
    • mazibee
    • By mazibee 16th Apr 19, 10:19 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mazibee
    Hi All,

We are FTBs

20/03 AIP issued by Halifax, viewed many properties before puting an offer

10/04 Put an offer on property we liked and offer rejected.
    11/04 Increased our offer. Offer Accepted
    11/04 Solicitors instructed, Property marked as SOLD STC.
    12/04 Application put in by MB but lender was Santander. Received text at 17:00 from Santander (We are pleased to receive your mortgage application)
    16/04 Called MB for an update and he said that MB has received query, lender has asked for more proof of address I forwarded him the Council Tax Bill / Water Bill / Driving Licenses he has forwarded the same to lender. MB also told me the valuation has been instructed,but we have not received any message from Santander regarding that.
    Hopefully the next process / steps will be easier and will hear the good news soon.

As being FTBs we have no idea what will happen next and getting anxious with eash passing day.
    • Sophyanne
    • By Sophyanne 17th Apr 19, 11:12 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sophyanne
    Hi All,

First Time buyer - shared ownership - so completely lost with regards to the process.

Reserved my plot - July 2018 - Everything put on hold too early to make an mortgage application.
    Affordability done and passed - 1st March 2019
    AIP sent to Leeds, then sent to underwriter - 6th March 2019
    AIP approved by Leeds - 7th March 2019
    Solicitors Instructed - 7th March
    All documents requested signed and sent over to MB - 10th April
    Solicitors Contracts Recieved - 11th April
    Documents compliance checked and approved by MB - 15th April
    Full Application sent to Leeds - 16th April
    Today - 17th April - Email to say valuation booked for 18th April.

Fingers crossed it wont take too long to get my mortgage offer through seen as though things seem to be moving quickly with Leeds! I cant wait to join everyone with there offers!
    • FTB1986
    • By FTB1986 17th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FTB1986
    Update to say that after chasing MB yesterday that we finally got told it was in the post! expecting it today yay!
    • lumpyspaceprincess
    • By lumpyspaceprincess 17th Apr 19, 1:45 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    lumpyspaceprincess
    Heard back from our broker a short while ago, the mortgage offer is going in the post today. Woohoo! Soon be time to move threads :-)
    § £25k paid off with Stepchange DMP § Debt Free 01/09/17 §
    § Saving for a house deposit by '19 § Savs @ £16400 §

• jasperconran
    • By jasperconran 17th Apr 19, 5:23 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    jasperconran
    well done guys.

I heard from my broker a short while ago Kensington have come back with what I consider to be a really silly query!!

But my broker has assured me its no big deal. so fingers crossed this should be the last flipping thing we have to answer lol.

Direct debit mandate has been filled in for them today, so hoping we get an answer finally tommorow!! been the longest 5/6 weeks of my life lol
    LBM: April 2009 - honest debt figure: Secured: £0.00!! (paid back april 2017) unsecured: £53117.48 (roughly) back with CCCS starting again
    • jasperconran
    • By jasperconran 17th Apr 19, 6:24 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    jasperconran
    do feel sorry for my broker though. always ringing/emailing him in a blind panic!!!! chasing all the time. he must be soooooooo fed up!
    LBM: April 2009 - honest debt figure: Secured: £0.00!! (paid back april 2017) unsecured: £53117.48 (roughly) back with CCCS starting again
    • LegalCashier
    • By LegalCashier 18th Apr 19, 12:21 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LegalCashier
    Our FTB dream home is finally going ahead! We havenít had a great start but (fingers crossed) all is going smoothly now.

Viewed the property back 17/02, offer was placed the same day and accepted 18/02. The sellers onward purchase accepted another offer and they took the property off the market 28/02 as they couldnít find another suitable property.

02/04 - Call to say house is back on the market as the property the sellers wanted had come back on the market too and confirmed our original offer was still on the table
    03/04 - Offer accepted for £1.5k more. Conveyancer instructed at the solicitors I work at.
    08/04 - Second viewing to make sure they hadnít knocked any walls down since the first viewing! And to discuss fittings, fixtures and timeline
    10/04 - Meeting with Mortgage Broker
    11/04 - Mortgage application with Halifax submitted and Homebuyers fee paid
    12/04 - Halifax have requested signed offer letter from his employer as he changed jobs the week before

Valuation is booked in for 29/04

Hoping we can get the valuation moved sooner as soon as the additional offer letter is sent to Halifax
    Originally posted by LegalCashier
    Update from mortgage broker: Your mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation. Your valuation is booked for 29th April
    • Sophyanne
    • By Sophyanne 24th Apr 19, 6:53 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sophyanne
    Hi All,

First Time buyer - shared ownership - so completely lost with regards to the process.

Reserved my plot - July 2018 - Everything put on hold too early to make an mortgage application.
    Affordability done and passed - 1st March 2019
    AIP sent to Leeds, then sent to underwriter - 6th March 2019
    AIP approved by Leeds - 7th March 2019
    Solicitors Instructed - 7th March
    All documents requested signed and sent over to MB - 10th April
    Solicitors Contracts Recieved - 11th April
    Documents compliance checked and approved by MB - 15th April
    Full Application sent to Leeds - 16th April
    Today - 17th April - Email to say valuation booked for 18th April.

Fingers crossed it wont take too long to get my mortgage offer through seen as though things seem to be moving quickly with Leeds! I cant wait to join everyone with there offers!
    Originally posted by Sophyanne
    Update - lender has now requested updated bank statements & pay slips for march. Which my broker has had since before my application went in! Hopefully this will be the only request! Fingers crossed
    • Fortune Favour
    • By Fortune Favour 24th Apr 19, 7:35 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fortune Favour
    I can't give exact dates but it's taken us nearly 4 months from viewing to completion, which is next Friday 3rd may. Contracts were exchanged last week..
    • CraigSavage
    • By CraigSavage 25th Apr 19, 3:31 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    CraigSavage
    Finally got our mortgage offer today from Halifax ��
    • Amoux
    • By Amoux 25th Apr 19, 5:19 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Amoux
    Maybe I'm one of the unlucky ones but Leeds Building Society have been nothing short of a disaster. Applied direct. 3 weeks in and they still haven't even checked our documents yet. They lost our mortgage pack in the post (or never sent it), have given no feedback at any stage of the process which has required me to call them up for a simple update. Oh and their secure email system is an abomination. We are only at the start of the process but I'm too invested now (both emotionally and financially) to look elsewhere.

Everything else, solicitors, surveys, searches are moving swiftly and efficiently. Afraid now that LBS alone might f**k everything up.
    • mossypne
    • By mossypne 25th Apr 19, 6:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mossypne
    Finally got our mortgage offer today from Halifax ��
    Originally posted by CraigSavage
    How long from application? Submitted mine yesterday and it was referred to underwriters where they asked for 2 payslips and a letter showing my pay is going up in a month.
    • Sophyanne
    • By Sophyanne 25th Apr 19, 7:45 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sophyanne
    Maybe I'm one of the unlucky ones but Leeds Building Society have been nothing short of a disaster. Applied direct. 3 weeks in and they still haven't even checked our documents yet. They lost our mortgage pack in the post (or never sent it), have given no feedback at any stage of the process which has required me to call them up for a simple update. Oh and their secure email system is an abomination. We are only at the start of the process but I'm too invested now (both emotionally and financially) to look elsewhere.

Everything else, solicitors, surveys, searches are moving swiftly and efficiently. Afraid now that LBS alone might f**k everything up.
    Originally posted by Amoux
    This is so strange, theyíve been no hassle this end, maybe itís because I used a broker though?

We submitted last Wednesday, all checks & valuation done last Thursday, notified of all changes are coming daily. Hopefully they speed up for you!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,564Posts Today

7,427Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin