Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 433
    • FTBPessimist
    • By FTBPessimist 5th Apr 19, 9:22 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FTBPessimist
    Hi All,

In the same boat as a lot of you and are hoping that posting here will help alleviate some of the stress (doubt it, as the name suggests, I’m a complete pessimist)!

Here’s my timetime:

20/3 - viewed property
    23/3 - met with broker to discuss finances
    23/3 - DiP with Post Office for over three times more than we are looking to lend
    28/3 - offer on property accepted after a few back and forths
    3/4 - full mortgage application in via broker (all documents e.g. payslips, bank statements etc. taken at the same time)
    4/4 - further credit search by lender (update on the previous hard check as still within 30 days)

And now we wait...

Completely terrified that we will be rejected with the application. OH has some outstanding debt on a credit card (approx. £600) although pays off more than the minimum every month. The problem is, it was used directly before we found our place and so it might look bad as it’s fresh (we simply paid off the remaining balance of our upcoming holiday for convenience as we never expected to find a place so soon). I’m worried this will be viewed negatively as well as he also has an overdraft of £400 on an account he longer uses (again, can easily pay it off but never expected to be buying so soon). Broker doesn’t seem to be bothered at all by any of this but I can’t stop myself from panicking!

Let’s hope things move fast as my nerves can’t take it... buying in Scotland so don’t need to wait for valuation as home report was generated in the last 3 months so hoping that will speed things up!

Good luck to all of you who are also waiting!
    • Embkrip
    • By Embkrip 5th Apr 19, 4:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Embkrip
    We had an agreement in principle with them then after we paid the 410 for the valuation and that was carried out we were declined due to failed direct payment in January for car insurance. This was due to the policy automatically renewing and taking ut on a different date. Our broke has appealed this does anyone know if we stand any chance of getting this overturned?
    • latte19
    • By latte19 5th Apr 19, 10:19 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    latte19
    Just depends on the bank. It was fairly recent which isnít good but these things happen to us all. If an explanation is given and there is nothing else problematic then I donít see why not. Good luck
    • Embkrip
    • By Embkrip 8th Apr 19, 7:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Embkrip
    Thank you. In the meantime the house we were after has been sold to someone with a higher offer even though they accepted ours is that even allowed?
    • abs56d
    • By abs56d 9th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abs56d
    It is allowed unfortunately, it's called gazumping.
    • Embkrip
    • By Embkrip 9th Apr 19, 5:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Embkrip
    That seems unfair. We are now with thistle finance to see if they can help
    • IcePigeon
    • By IcePigeon 11th Apr 19, 10:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    IcePigeon
    I’ve stalked this thread endlessly for the past 2 months to get an idea of timescales etc so wanted to add in my timeline thus far.

13th March - First Viewing
    16th March - Second Viewing
    18th March - Offer accepted
    20th March - DiP from Nationwide
    29th March - Full application submitted
    11th April - Valuation took place this morning and mortgage offer sent via text in the evening.

Written down like that makes it seem very straightforward but it’s been a stressful time as a FTB and was worried about the valuation as had heard a lot about down valuations etc!

Just the full survey to go now and then waiting to exchange!
    • lumpyspaceprincess
    • By lumpyspaceprincess 12th Apr 19, 4:05 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    lumpyspaceprincess
    10/04 We got the valuation back finally, with a retention due to the work needed.

11/04 Negotiated a discount on the price, will make the rest up from the deposit (as ltv means less req. now) Case going back to Kensington underwriters, should know about the offer in the next few days & the revised memorandum of sale.
    § £25k paid off with Stepchange DMP § Debt Free 01/09/17 §
    § Saving for a house deposit by '19 § Savs @ £16400 §

• jasperconran
    • By jasperconran 13th Apr 19, 5:53 AM
    • 652 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    jasperconran
    I am gonna join in as this stress is doing my head in!

we are currently going through a mortgage with kensington and its been very stressful I must say lol. We are on week 4 (I cannot include 2 weeks as we were waiting for tax overviews etc) and we are almost there!! so frustrating as my hubby earns flipping well!! underwriters ,we are told, have to just check figures (even though accounts were accepted!!) and we are now waiting in the queue as it were lol. we were due to exchange in about two weeks time and really want kensington to hurry up! as no survey been done yet!

I swear I am never moving again lol!
    LBM: April 2009 - honest debt figure: Secured: £0.00!! (paid back april 2017) unsecured: £53117.48 (roughly) back with CCCS starting again
    • Nutella18
    • By Nutella18 13th Apr 19, 10:56 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Nutella18
    Thought I would join in. Situation in Scotland a single applicant borrowing at my max amount. Halifax 10% Deposit. Restricted to certain lenders as house is of non-standard construction.

DIP-28th March(thur)

Full Application-1st of April (mon)

Valuation is back fine(in Scotland) so just verifying the home report - 3rd April (wed)

Halifax come back as I am short 1.7k on borrow amount as they can’t verify my bonus, suggested to MA if my April rise would count...employment ref requested -4th April

Reference sent -5th April(fri)

Halifax come back saying no regency sent (it was) Apr 8th (mon)

Amended reference sent Tue Apri 9th (tue)

Halifax come back as it was not addressed as to Halifax, new one sent same day Wed Apr 10th

Halifax come back again 12 Apr Friday saying it’s not signed/letter heard rejected again, another reference sent.

Mortgage offer issued April 12 Friday afternoon for the amount required...������

Waiting in paperwork now....

Such a stressful week, my payroll department are not too happy with the demands lol
    • jasperconran
    • By jasperconran 14th Apr 19, 10:45 AM
    • 652 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    jasperconran
    hate all this waiting been a good 20 years since the last time we moved lol!

The only thing I dont understand from reading some of the older posts is how people are getting valuations done when the mortgage offer isnt in? must be missing something as my broker advised that Kensington will not do a valuation on the house we are buying (which is stupid cos if they did they would see its worth way more than what we wanna borrow!!!) until the offer is in. now we are back waiting in the stupid queue, he advised friday that hopefully we should hear by Tuesday. I hope so, its been a long 4/5 weeks lol
    LBM: April 2009 - honest debt figure: Secured: £0.00!! (paid back april 2017) unsecured: £53117.48 (roughly) back with CCCS starting again
    • lumpyspaceprincess
    • By lumpyspaceprincess 14th Apr 19, 12:49 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    lumpyspaceprincess
    For me the mortgage application is in via my broker to Kensington, and that's when the valuation occurs as part of their underwriting.
    The result of all that leads to the mortgage offer being issued hopefully! (Think this is just a difference in terminology)

• LegalCashier
    • By LegalCashier 14th Apr 19, 9:02 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LegalCashier
    Our FTB dream home is finally going ahead! We haven’t had a great start but (fingers crossed) all is going smoothly now.

Viewed the property back 17/02, offer was placed the same day and accepted 18/02. The sellers onward purchase accepted another offer and they took the property off the market 28/02 as they couldn’t find another suitable property.

02/04 - Call to say house is back on the market as the property the sellers wanted had come back on the market too and confirmed our original offer was still on the table
    03/04 - Offer accepted for £1.5k more. Conveyancer instructed at the solicitors I work at.
    08/04 - Second viewing to make sure they hadn’t knocked any walls down since the first viewing! And to discuss fittings, fixtures and timeline
    10/04 - Meeting with Mortgage Broker
    11/04 - Mortgage application with Halifax submitted and Homebuyers fee paid
    12/04 - Halifax have requested signed offer letter from his employer as he changed jobs the week before

Valuation is booked in for 29/04

Hoping we can get the valuation moved sooner as soon as the additional offer letter is sent to Halifax
    • FTB1986
    • By FTB1986 15th Apr 19, 11:53 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FTB1986
    Anxious wait!
    Hi All,

Just joined to get off my chest how stressful this is! FTB

11/3 accepted offer and AIP issued by Halifax
    18/3 application put in by MB
    21/3 payment to Halifax through MB of £200 for valuation
    1/4 valuation completed with no issues identified
    8/4 updates from MB that all looking good and mortgage offer should be in any day now
    15/4 MB asked for March payslips for OH and I and also January banks statement (annoyed this wasn't asked for sooner as MB originally asked for latest one, which was Feb, and then March's last week)

Really hoping for news this week so we can then just focus on contract exchange etc and to let the sellers have peace of mind that we are genuine!
    • FTB1986
    • By FTB1986 15th Apr 19, 11:56 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FTB1986
    Our FTB dream home is finally going ahead! We havenít had a great start but (fingers crossed) all is going smoothly now.

Viewed the property back 17/02, offer was placed the same day and accepted 18/02. The sellers onward purchase accepted another offer and they took the property off the market 28/02 as they couldnít find another suitable property.

02/04 - Call to say house is back on the market as the property the sellers wanted had come back on the market too and confirmed our original offer was still on the table
    03/04 - Offer accepted for £1.5k more. Conveyancer instructed at the solicitors I work at.
    08/04 - Second viewing to make sure they hadnít knocked any walls down since the first viewing! And to discuss fittings, fixtures and timeline
    10/04 - Meeting with Mortgage Broker
    11/04 - Mortgage application with Halifax submitted and Homebuyers fee paid
    12/04 - Halifax have requested signed offer letter from his employer as he changed jobs the week before

Valuation is booked in for 29/04

Hoping we can get the valuation moved sooner as soon as the additional offer letter is sent to Halifax
    Originally posted by LegalCashier

Would be interest to hear about your timelines as ours have been with Halifax as well and we had valuation completed on 01/04 and still don't have formal mortgage offer
    • RhiLuckins
    • By RhiLuckins 15th Apr 19, 1:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RhiLuckins
    First time buyer
    Joining in to share in the stress as OH is so laid back he's almost horizontal!
    Our timeline is as follows
    16/3 - meeting with MB, asked for documents etc
    20/3 - DIP from Virgin Money
    4/4 - viewed house, offer made
    5/4 - offer rejected, amended offer made
    8/4 - offer accepted
    9/4 - DIP from Bank of Ireland (better rate), solicitor instructed
    11/4 - full application submitted through MB
    12/4 - questions from lender about some bank transactions answered through MB
    15/4 - heard from MB that all is well, just pending valuation report which is booked for 18/4

Fingers crossed all will be ok!
    • FTB1986
    • By FTB1986 15th Apr 19, 2:58 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    FTB1986
    Woohoo!! Congratulations!

Our mortgage application went in to Halifax on 15th Feb, just found out the valuation is booked for Friday and all being well should have our mortgage offer mid next week!! Fingers crossed
    Originally posted by katherz44
    How long did it take after for formal offer? Our valuation was 1/4 and still waiting
    • Amoux
    • By Amoux 15th Apr 19, 3:36 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Amoux
    Oh my days! Applied online and It's been almost 2 weeks and we are still waiting for our mortgage pack from Leeds Building Society. We've not received even a single bit of correspondence from them.

I believe this comes prior to them even assessing your application so I see no reason why it would take so long to just send a mortgage pack - we haven't even got to the hard bit yet!

We have all the supporting documents ready to go, but it just seems like this bank is just sitting on our application for god knows why. Called them up on Friday and they couldn't explain the delay but said that the mortgage pack should arrive by Monday (it hasn't).
    • jasperconran
    • By jasperconran 15th Apr 19, 6:37 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    jasperconran
    Kensington mortgage
    soooooooooooo update! My broker emailed me this afternoon, was really hoping it would be our offer!! but no kensington had come back to him with about 5/6 questions they wanted answering

rang our broker in a blind panic lol. but he said look dont panic its just standard as its been a good 5/6 weeks since the original application (whose fault is that lol) they just need to tick their boxes. I mean for real?!

we are now just hoping and praying that this is it!!! I would like to think that they have accepted the figures and that this is the last bit of the puzzle. I hope so. my nerves are shot! we are due to exchange next wednesday
    • lumpyspaceprincess
    • By lumpyspaceprincess 16th Apr 19, 8:20 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    lumpyspaceprincess
    Small update here too, need to prove deposit again as we're adding slightly to it, unfortunately I don't get another bank statement until the 7th, so need to work out what they will take as proof!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

1,833Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin