Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 426
    • Didymus
    • By Didymus 19th Dec 18, 10:31 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Didymus
    Had the valuation on Monday 17th, notes uploaded by surveyor that same night saying valuation ok, subject to current tenant moving out before mortgage starts.

18/12/18 - advisor emailed to say he had sent off the valuation etc for final review from underwriters.

One step closer, but still very nervous!
    Originally posted by Emywoo84
    Called this morning as we're both on a day off, so thought it would be a good time to sort any final docs etc if required. The person on the phone (not our advisor) had a look at the file and said the underwriters have put notes on saying that there were a few things the mortgage advisor needed to do before the stop was removed and it could go to offer. She said there was nothing we needed to do or provide and it was all generic final stuff the mortgage advisor had to do before an offer could be issued. She said she couldn't see anything alarming that would stop it going to offer. Does this all sound normal? This is all new to us and still convinced something is going to go wrong!
    • RhiannonEmily
    • By RhiannonEmily 20th Dec 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RhiannonEmily
    Just thought I'd add to the post as I've been reading this thread endlessly for the last 24 hours.

Friday 14th offer accepted
    Monday 17th broker sent all our documents and application to Santander
    Wednesday 19th Valuation
    Thursday 20th (today) got an email from Santander saying offer was accepted!

Assuming the actual offer is coming in the post. Can't believe how quick it was. We're FTB with a good credit score (but haven't particularly used credit so was a little nervous). Having a broker definitely made it easier for us though. Guess we'll just have to wait for the mortgage offer in the post and for the solicitors to do their bit.
    • woofdonkey
    • By woofdonkey 20th Dec 18, 2:15 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    woofdonkey
    Received our offer from Kensington today, so 9 working days from application to offer. It could probably have been a bit less if we'd not waited for all documents to be signed off before valuation.

Last I heard, Santander were still pushing our application around their desks - that'd be 7 weeks and counting. Very glad we switched lender/ broker, otherwise I think we'd have lost the house.

Good luck to those still waiting!
    • Didymus
    • By Didymus 20th Dec 18, 4:15 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Didymus
    Called this morning as we're both on a day off, so thought it would be a good time to sort any final docs etc if required. The person on the phone (not our advisor) had a look at the file and said the underwriters have put notes on saying that there were a few things the mortgage advisor needed to do before the stop was removed and it could go to offer. She said there was nothing we needed to do or provide and it was all generic final stuff the mortgage advisor had to do before an offer could be issued. She said she couldn't see anything alarming that would stop it going to offer. Does this all sound normal? This is all new to us and still convinced something is going to go wrong!
    Originally posted by Emywoo84
    Just called Halifax as haven't been receiving any email replies from our advisor since yesterday morning which was making me anxious.

The phone call was worth it though as the lady I spoke to was able to tell me that the mortgage offer was issued today and on its way to us in the post! Relieved is an understatement!
    • elNacho
    • By elNacho 28th Dec 18, 3:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    elNacho
    Been scoping these threads for the past week and thought I'll update it.

We're first time buyers and have gone with nationwide through a broker and here's our timeline.
    - 19th Dec application received and survey booked for the following day
    - 20th Dec valuation report received
    - 28th Requested more documents

Haven't heard anything about the valuation report but fingers crossed it goes through okay at the 3rd attempt!
    • Finchy2018
    • By Finchy2018 3rd Jan 19, 9:05 AM
    • 253 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Finchy2018
    full application submitted yesterday - same lender as previously. I'm hoping it goes smoothly, Valuation due to take place tomorrow.
    • MrsWW
    • By MrsWW 5th Jan 19, 5:08 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrsWW
    We received a text and email from Santander yesterday to say that they have issued an offer!!

What could still go wrong?!
    • Finchy2018
    • By Finchy2018 7th Jan 19, 4:22 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Finchy2018
    full application submitted yesterday - same lender as previously. I'm hoping it goes smoothly, Valuation due to take place tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Finchy2018

Just had a text from Nationwide to say they have issues an offer
    • Wozza85
    • By Wozza85 8th Jan 19, 3:55 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Wozza85
    Had a smooth application with Principality.

From application to Mortgage offer in 2 weeks!

And they also asked for 2 CC's to be cleared off but they didnt push for this at completion and we got the full mortgage without having to clear them, bit strange they would ask of this and not force it?
    • jamesyork
    • By jamesyork 8th Jan 19, 9:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jamesyork
    Have followed this thread for the past month now and been through so much anxiety over whether our mortgage application would actually succeed. Thought I would let you all know how smooth the whole process has been for us with a direct application through Virgin Mortgages without a broker.

We found a low 2.35% 5-year fixed FTB mortgage (90% LTV) via money supermarket and decided to cut out the middle man and apply directly. The only documents required were last P60 and past two months' pay slips. No bank statements or other documentation were required.

Here is our timeline:

29th November – Telephone DIP application interview (30 minutes). Hard credit check completed, approved there and then and DIP issued via email.

12th December – Offer accepted on a house.

19th December – Telephone interview with Virgin mortgage adviser who recommended mortgage product based on our cirumstances and completed full application over phone (1 hour). It matched the one we had found on price comparison site.

20th December – Received paper copy of application form to sign through the post. Completed direct debit form and posted back 27th December with the following documents:
    Last P60 for both of us,
    Last two months’ pay slips for both of us.

28th December – Application and documents received by Virgin (we sent by special delivery).

31st December – Virgin called to take product and valuation fees over the phone.

3rd January – Underwriter telephoned to say documents and application form were fine and that they would instruct valuation.

7th January – Valuation carried out.

8th January – Email received with formal offer of loan.

Can't believe it! It was painless and I feel stupid for having worried so much. Good luck everybody.
    • woofdonkey
    • By woofdonkey 8th Jan 19, 10:02 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    woofdonkey

And they also asked for 2 CC's to be cleared off but they didnt push for this at completion and we got the full mortgage without having to clear them, bit strange they would ask of this and not force it?
    Originally posted by Wozza85
    Your solicitor may well enforce it on their behalf.
    • Wozza85
    • By Wozza85 9th Jan 19, 10:04 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Wozza85
    Your solicitor may well enforce it on their behalf.
    Originally posted by woofdonkey

We are in the house and had nothing from Solicitor in regards to this. It was something our Mortgage advisor said they wanted but it wasn't on the Mortgage offer sent to us or Solicitor so Solicitor wasn't aware of it.
    • woofdonkey
    • By woofdonkey 9th Jan 19, 10:10 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    woofdonkey

We are in the house and had nothing from Solicitor in regards to this. It was something our Mortgage advisor said they wanted but it wasn't on the Mortgage offer sent to us or Solicitor so Solicitor wasn't aware of it.
    Ours told us they would only complete if we signed to say we would pay the debts off and retain receipts. Sounds like they may have forgotten to put it on your paperwork.
    • Wozza85
    • By Wozza85 9th Jan 19, 10:15 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Wozza85
    Ours told us they would only complete if we signed to say we would pay the debts off and retain receipts. Sounds like they may have forgotten to put it on your paperwork.
    Originally posted by woofdonkey

They must have, or did Solicitor miss this? I just checked our mortgage offer and it definitely doesnt mention it...Does Solicitor receive same mortgage offer as us?

So when do you have to pay yours off by?
    • Marie1990
    • By Marie1990 11th Jan 19, 6:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marie1990
    Hi everyone, I am a FYB and SO CONFUSED and stressed!! My partner and I have been accepted by our broker who completed an affordability check over the phone (is this a decision in principle?) We then passed our credit check with the broker on Tuesday.. we are now awaiting an advisor to come visit us on the 21st to do a final affordability check before submitting the application to Santander for approval, are we likely to be accepted? Surely seeing as though we have passed the credit check as well as affordability is there much else that could go wrong? The idea of waiting these next few weeks is so stressful!
    • cockapoo
    • By cockapoo 11th Jan 19, 8:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cockapoo
    Remortgage
    Hello everyone

Long time dipping in and out of forums here but not a poster. Thought Id join in here 😀

9/1/19 - application started with L&C, asked to provide evidence of change of name
    10/1/19 - application submitted to Barclays in the morning, decision in principle arrived in the afternoon
    11/1/19 - email advising of mortgage offer
    11/1/19 - letter from Barclays solicitors to authorise them to proceed

If anyone has any idea how long from here to completion, please let me know 🙂
    • Aliciamilford
    • By Aliciamilford 12th Jan 19, 4:36 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Aliciamilford
    I will join.
    • rijack
    • By rijack 13th Jan 19, 12:12 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rijack
    Hi everyone, I am a FYB and SO CONFUSED and stressed!! My partner and I have been accepted by our broker who completed an affordability check over the phone (is this a decision in principle?) We then passed our credit check with the broker on Tuesday.. we are now awaiting an advisor to come visit us on the 21st to do a final affordability check before submitting the application to Santander for approval, are we likely to be accepted? Surely seeing as though we have passed the credit check as well as affordability is there much else that could go wrong? The idea of waiting these next few weeks is so stressful!
    Originally posted by Marie1990
    Almost in the exact same position.
    Been talking to broker during the week, affordability came back fine. Broker recommended a Natwest mortgage.

I've done a separate AIP online with Barclays to test the water as i'm so nervous about it all and it's only a soft search, but this all came back ok with our requested amount. Our broker wants to credit check on Monday.. I'm pretty nervous as FTB..
    • Xenomania
    • By Xenomania 13th Jan 19, 8:15 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Xenomania
    Hello

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but looking for advice.

We had a mortgage offer from a company called Bluestone unfortuntly not long after getting the offer i was offered a really good job in a school with more stability than where i was but there is a 5000 a year pay cut. Bluestone dont stretch afforadability and wouldnt lend us the full amount we needed 177.995 as the property is 234.995 as we are using help to buy.

The property we are buying was due to be completed in October 2018 but due to delays it is now due to be completed in February so we are now panciking about the mortgage being offered in time.

We put the application in on the 4th Janaury and to be fair Kensington have been really quick at getting back to us and we have been able to provide everything they have asked for. They contacted us on friday and said they were happy with everything and were still awaiting a reference back from my new employer (only been there 2 months but have a contract and kensington seem to be ok with this i think as its the same role i was in before) the only thing they have questioned is my husbands pay, he is on good more 33,000 a year the problem is he is employed by his parents (been there 10 years in May) he is the manager of their fish and chip shop.

Kensington dont like the fact he is paid weekly in cash and have asked us for 4 payments bacs transfer before they go any further, what we are worried about is that after this 4 weeks they decline it and we loose our house when we could have gone with someone else. We are also concerned i am in a probabtionary period of 6 months with everyone is when working for the council. Kensington have not mentioned this though.

What do you think we should do? Wait the 4 weeks and see?

Thank you
    • chrislee2810
    • By chrislee2810 13th Jan 19, 11:21 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    chrislee2810
    Remortgage offer
    Hi All,

2 years ago we found our dream home and had to work our socks off to get a offer, this was due to a bit of adverse (2 defaults) and my wife being self employed. We managed to get a mortgage through aldermore.

Now that the 2 years had passed, it was time to remortgage as our fixed rate had come to an end. Now over the last 2 years we have worked really hard to get our debts down and now have no adverse showing.
    We went to see the mortgage advisor at Halifax last Friday, AIP done on the day and we have now received our mortgage offer. We have managed to knock 5 years of our previous term.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

62Posts Today

1,594Users online

Martin's Twitter