Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 421
    • Advice seeker1.
    • By Advice seeker1. 6th Nov 18, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Advice seeker1.
    Hi thank you and yes Iíd appreciate if you could message me the details. I think we definitely will need a broker that can deal with our application. I just donít want to waste anyoneís time going through the high street brokers that can only help anyone that has a good credit history. Thank you
    • Advice seeker1.
    • By Advice seeker1. 6th Nov 18, 3:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Advice seeker1.
    Hi can I ask if youíve had any recommendations of a broker that will try to help finding a mortgage. We too havnt got a great credit file and the high street brokers canít help us. So we are looking to find a broker that will be able to look at our situation and go to a lender that will consider us. Any advice would be appreciated
    • Adeljay
    • By Adeljay 6th Nov 18, 3:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adeljay
    I've applied for a mortgage through with leeds building society. Now it's with the underwriters now and the valuation has been booked in for tomorrow. I called them today and they said that theyll update my mortgage broker on Thursday. I'm so nervous. Quick question though would leeds proceed with a valuation if they weren't happy with the application or it's still 50/50? Any experience with leeds building society
    • typoon21
    • By typoon21 6th Nov 18, 3:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    typoon21
    Hey,

Thought I would post my current journey - We are buying the house we currently live in through Natwest (hopefully) via a broker.

25/08/2018 - AIP received
    [went away to save]
    26/10/2018 - Full application put through
    26/10/2018 - Valuation booked in for 1st November
    26/10/2018 - Solicitors instructed
    01/11/2018 - Valuation took place
    05/11/2018 - Called Broker been told valuation is fine it's now "going to offer" - meaning going to underwriters
    06/11/2018 - Paid for solicitors to begin searches

Now I wait for the decision. People who have been asked for more recent statements did you not do the most recent 3 months? I'd hate to have to go and get all them again!
    • seriouslyunsurprising
    • By seriouslyunsurprising 6th Nov 18, 8:07 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    seriouslyunsurprising
    Delighted to update my timeline:

21st Sept - offer accepted & we accepted an offer on our property
    25th Sept - AIP
    27th Sept - full mortgage application submitted
    1st Oct - most recent bank statement requested
    2nd Oct - most recent bank statement submitted
    5th Oct - mortgage valuation survey done
    12th Oct - broker informed us that the valuation survey showed high levels of damp in the downstairs
    29th Oct - damp and timber report carried out by independent surveyors, showed minor works required mainly replastering in living room (max cost £2,000)
    30th Oct - survey passed on to lender, who also requested most recent business bank statement
    6th Nov - phonecall from lender confirming mortgage offer is in the post 😁😁😁
    • danniwood86
    • By danniwood86 6th Nov 18, 10:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    danniwood86
    Hello,

I'm new on these forums but have been reading through for a few weeks.
    We are FTB based in Scotland and here is out timeline so far:

28/9: Meet with Mortgage Adviser, DIP with TSB
    12/10: View property
    12/10: Take husband to see property, submit offer, meet with solicitor
    16/10: Offer accepted on property, contact mortgage adviser to submit application
    25/10: Mortgage Adviser submits full application to TSB
    08/11: Mortgage Offer received

We are now waiting for a decision with no idea how long it takes. Can we call the lenders ourselves and check the progress or does it have to go through the Mortgage Adviser everytime?
    Does anyone else have experiences with TSB?

Last edited by danniwood86; 08-11-2018 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Update
    • KnowledgeIsLife
    • By KnowledgeIsLife 7th Nov 18, 11:18 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    KnowledgeIsLife
    Unfortunately they are unlikely to discuss the case with you until after it has been approved by underwriters if you have done the application through a broker if you have gone direct with TSB then yes by all means you can contact them if not get your broker to call to get timescales etc.
    • typoon21
    • By typoon21 7th Nov 18, 2:24 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    typoon21
    Hey,

Thought I would post my current journey - We are buying the house we currently live in through Natwest (hopefully) via a broker.

25/08/2018 - AIP received
    [went away to save]
    26/10/2018 - Full application put through
    26/10/2018 - Solicitors instructed
    05/11/2018 - Called Broker been told valuation is fine it's now "going to offer" - meaning going to underwriters
    06/11/2018 - Paid for solicitors to begin searches

Now I wait for the decision. People who have been asked for more recent statements did you not do the most recent 3 months? I'd hate to have to go and get all them again!
    Originally posted by typoon21

07/11/2018 - Called broker and been told that we have been approved - waiting for the offer to be sent via post
    Very relieved!!
    • danniwood86
    • By danniwood86 7th Nov 18, 4:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    danniwood86
    Good news typhoon.

I spoke with our adviser today and heís been told the application has been referred to the valuation team and we will know by Friday.
    • ironmanjason
    • By ironmanjason 7th Nov 18, 4:19 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ironmanjason
    Good news typhoon.

I spoke with our adviser today and heís been told the application has been referred to the valuation team and we will know by Friday.
    Originally posted by danniwood86
    Does this mean you have passed their underwriters checks and just pending property valuation?
    • danniwood86
    • By danniwood86 7th Nov 18, 5:34 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    danniwood86
    I actually have no idea. I asked if this was normal procedure and he said yes.
    In Scotland a valuation is done by the seller which is then put into the home report, do not entirely sure.
    • DottieDam
    • By DottieDam 7th Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    DottieDam
    Hello,

I'm new on these forums but have been reading through for a few weeks.
    We are FTB based in Scotland and here is out timeline so far:

28/9: Meet with Mortgage Adviser, DIP with TSB
    12/10: View property
    12/10: Take husband to see property, submit offer, meet with solicitor
    16/10: Offer accepted on property, contact mortgage adviser to submit application
    25/10: Mortgage Adviser submits full application to TSB

We are now waiting for a decision with no idea how long it takes. Can we call the lenders ourselves and check the progress or does it have to go through the Mortgage Adviser everytime?
    Does anyone else have experiences with TSB?

We are going with TSB in Scotland and find they are really quick in responding via the broker - if only our situation was quick (we need a new Home Report)!
    • typoon21
    • By typoon21 7th Nov 18, 10:00 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    typoon21
    Good news typhoon.

Thank you!

oh fantastic news! good luck with it!
    • danniwood86
    • By danniwood86 8th Nov 18, 10:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    danniwood86
    Just wanted to update this

so we actually got our approval through today! I'm a little shocked and super thrilled.

Hoping we can get this moving pretty quickly. Sellers are separating and have already moved out and we are FTB in rental accommodation so fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone who is still waiting.
    • typoon21
    • By typoon21 9th Nov 18, 8:26 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    typoon21
    Just wanted to update this

so we actually got our approval through today! I'm a little shocked and super thrilled.

Hoping we can get this moving pretty quickly. Sellers are separating and have already moved out and we are FTB in rental accommodation so fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone who is still waiting.

Congratulations just the solicitor sides of things to go now then
    • HelloTeee
    • By HelloTeee 9th Nov 18, 11:01 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HelloTeee
    We used L&C, very good service. Mortgage offered after 2 weeks.
    We have good credit history, however hubby self employed with complicated income.
    Good luck to everyone waiting!!
    • bopsybunny
    • By bopsybunny 9th Nov 18, 12:24 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    bopsybunny
    Sunday 04/11 We had our offer accepted
    Monday 05/11 Spoke to broker
    Tuesday 06/11 Mortgage application with HSBC. Proof of income and proof of deposit provided
    Thursday 08/11 Mortgage valuation

Broker told us average time to from application to offer is 19 days with HSBC, so fingers crossed! Our vendors want to move quite fast, and we're completely flexible and very excited so are happy to oblige. Not sure how long it takes to hear back about the valuation, so if I haven't heard anything from the broker by Monday I'll get in touch to ask. When I told my sister about the valuation being this week she was shocked that it was happening so quick - so I'm taking that as a good sign!
    Deposit savings Aug 17: £3.5k. Oct 18: £18.9k (£20.7k including 2 HTB bonuses )
    Goal: Own house by Christmas 2018 Complete purchase on "dream home"
    • Adeljay
    • By Adeljay 9th Nov 18, 1:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adeljay
    Guys just received a letter from leeds building society stating I have passed the initial assement and they are discussing with my mortgage broker any outstanding documents? I have called my mortgage broker and they have no update.
    • teakay
    • By teakay 9th Nov 18, 2:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    teakay
    16/10/2018 - AIP received from Halifax
    24//10/2018 - Full application put through
    02/11/2018 - Mortgage offer came through the post.
    • Bryonybee
    • By Bryonybee 10th Nov 18, 8:13 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bryonybee
    26/10- recieved a phone call from mortgage assessor and she was happy with everything, just had 5 general questions which she emailed. She had instructed the valuation.

31/10 was informed that the valuation is booked for 5th November and that my answers to the questions were satisfactory.
    9/11 - recieved an email to inform me that the valuation was satisfactory, they request my October payslip & the OHís employers havenít answered their queries . As soon as these two things have been done they can send it for approval which takes 48 hours
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,150Posts Today

7,824Users online

Martin's Twitter