Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 417
    • Silian
    • By Silian 10th Oct 18, 10:40 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Silian
    10/10/18 - mortgage offer received!!
    Originally posted by scotgal30
    Congratulations!! You must be so relieved.
    • Craigzeh
    • By Craigzeh 10th Oct 18, 10:54 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Craigzeh
    16/09/18 - Seen Property
    17/09/18 - AIP approved from Halifax
    18/09/18 - Offer submitted on house
    19/09/18 - Offer declined
    20/09/18 - Revised offer submitted
    20/09/18 - Offer accepted
    20/09/18 - Halifax Mortgage application submitted.
    25/09/18 - Halifax Formal Mortgage offer sent out.
    27/09/18 - Formal Offer received to myself and Solicitor.
    10/10/18 - Missives concluded and everything sorted.

    Now just the wait, roll on 9/11/2018!!
    • shane4949
    • By shane4949 12th Oct 18, 12:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shane4949
    8/9/18 - Property reserved (New build)
    13/9/18 - HTB application submitted
    18/9/18 - HTB officer asked to confirm some information in my application and relied them immediately.
    20/9/18 - ATP received
    1/10/18 - Full application submitted to Halifax via broker and valuation booked on 5/10/18 (Friday)
    5/10/18 - call from seller office saying that the valuation has been done
    8/10/18 - update from broker saying that the valuation is done and the lender is doing the final check before signing off, and very likely to get the approval on Wednesday (10/10/18)
    10/10/18 - Broker confirmed that the mortgage has been approved and sent me the electronic copy of formal offer (dated 9/10/18).
    11/10/18 - formal offer received in post.

    Very impressed with Halifax efficiency given that I am a visa holder with HTB and it took just five working days from application to approval.

    I had been very nervous as Halifax is the only lender who would consider my application (5% deposit plus non EEA nationals). First local mortgage advisor (recommended by seller, excellent review on trustpilot for bad credit) refused to help. He firstly helped me to obtain AIP from Santander (strangely as I knew I am not qualified for their mortgage) and two days later he told me he couldn't help to get me a mortgage from either Santander and Halifax. My world was turned upside down. Then, I went back to an online MA who I firstly spoken to before appointing the local MA. They weren't appointed in the first place because the seller (a sales lady) thought they are just unknown robot (which I strongly believe not!) Online MAs are extremely helpful in answering my questions and happy to help me to proceed the full application. Such a relief!

    Wish you all good luck and do not give up your hope!!!
    • cherryblossomzel
    • By cherryblossomzel 13th Oct 18, 4:42 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    cherryblossomzel
    Can I join? Just got a call from the EA that my offer was accepted and the property will be taken off the market. Next step - have a chat with my broker, and solicitor.
    • mouthscradle
    • By mouthscradle 13th Oct 18, 8:43 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 1,137 Thanks
    mouthscradle
    We've now applied for our mortgage, so putting my timeline in (if I can remember it ):

    10/09/18 - Viewed house
    18/09/18 - Increased offer finally accepted after some to-ing and fro-ing
    24/09/18 - Started new job! Applied for proof of salary letter from HR
    04/10/18 - Salary letter received, phoned First Direct to do initial part of application. Made appointment for full application phone call. Uploaded payslips and salary letter as requested
    10/10/18 - Full mortgage application phone call
    11/10/18 - Mortgage Key Facts received by email. Phoned to pay booking fee. Our independent Homebuyers survey carried out.
    12/10/18 - Told valuation booked in for 16/10/18.

    So far so good!
    Mother, wife, scientist, analyst.
    • MERFE
    • By MERFE 15th Oct 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1,897 Posts
    • 5,933 Thanks
    MERFE
    Received our formal mortgage offer from Santander today, I know someone else was also waiting for Santander. It's taken so long.

    1/09/18 reserved new build
    11/09/18 mortgage application went in
    20/09/18 request for tax credit award notice
    26/09/18 HTB authority to proceed received
    28/09/18 Valuation took place
    9/10/18 Chased up with broker who advised at some point they had to resend the CML, something to do with the incentives not being acceptable
    15/10/18 formal mortgage offer received.
    • ftbwannabe
    • By ftbwannabe 16th Oct 18, 9:29 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    ftbwannabe
    Tiny update: a valuation was instructed, & booked, the same day that we had our DIP. That valuation is happening tomorrow. Iím assuming the underwriter wonít start until after a successful valuation, so still expecting a few weeks (or more) until full mortgage decision.
    Originally posted by ftbwannabe
    Update: no firm news, just fuel for worry:
    Had a copy of the valuation report direct from the surveyors, & they are recommending a small-but-unaffordable retention. We won't be able to afford this place unless we get the full 95% mortgage up front. Need to wait to hear what the lender actually offers, which I guess will still be a week or more. Feels like the time-frame should move up now I am expecting bad news, but I suppose the underwriting process will take as long as it would if the valuation was 100% positive?
    Have been pretty good at not being stressed up until this point, but it's caught up with me now. Really want this place, & hope the seller will be helpful if there are any retentions in final mortgage offer.
    saving for house-buying costs £1902
    emergency fund £250//1330
    debts £1295/£17,484 |
    • ftbwannabe
    • By ftbwannabe 16th Oct 18, 9:36 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    ftbwannabe
    Update: no firm news, just fuel for worry:
    Had a copy of the valuation report direct from the surveyors, & they are recommending a small-but-unaffordable retention. We won't be able to afford this place unless we get the full 95% mortgage up front. Need to wait to hear what the lender actually offers, which I guess will still be a week or more. Feels like the time-frame should move up now I am expecting bad news, but I suppose the underwriting process will take as long as it would if the valuation was 100% positive?
    Have been pretty good at not being stressed up until this point, but it's caught up with me now. Really want this place, & hope the seller will be helpful if there are any retentions in final mortgage offer.
    Originally posted by ftbwannabe
    Question about credit card borrowing after mortgage offer received: I'm so trained to not use credit in advance of applying for mortgage, but I guess it won't affect the offer on the table if we spend afterwards?
    I'm thinking worst-case, need-cash-now scenario, if due to a mortgage retention we end up 4k short of the house price & sellers won't accept a lower offer, we could use a money-transfer from a credit card to get that 4k. Then we complete on the house, complete the works, get the 4k back from retention, pay credit card. We'd be out of pocket for the money-transfer fee, but not out of the game as far as completing on the house. Not my ideal scenario, but do-able? Any obvious 'that's a stupid idea' risks you guys can see?
    I guess I'm just killing time thinking up new ways to get in debt...
    saving for house-buying costs £1902
    emergency fund £250//1330
    debts £1295/£17,484 |
    • ftbwannabe
    • By ftbwannabe 16th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    ftbwannabe
    Congrats! Nice to hear good news
    saving for house-buying costs £1902
    emergency fund £250//1330
    debts £1295/£17,484 |
    • ritz55
    • By ritz55 16th Oct 18, 10:40 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    ritz55
    Question about credit card borrowing after mortgage offer received: I'm so trained to not use credit in advance of applying for mortgage, but I guess it won't affect the offer on the table if we spend afterwards?
    I'm thinking worst-case, need-cash-now scenario, if due to a mortgage retention we end up 4k short of the house price & sellers won't accept a lower offer, we could use a money-transfer from a credit card to get that 4k. Then we complete on the house, complete the works, get the 4k back from retention, pay credit card. We'd be out of pocket for the money-transfer fee, but not out of the game as far as completing on the house. Not my ideal scenario, but do-able? Any obvious 'that's a stupid idea' risks you guys can see?
    I guess I'm just killing time thinking up new ways to get in debt...
    Originally posted by ftbwannabe

    So lender does a credit check just before completion, notices you've borrowed the 4k and pulls the mortgage as a result. Happens a lot and then you loose the deposit you put down for exchange as well.
    • North_London_Girl
    • By North_London_Girl 16th Oct 18, 11:08 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    North_London_Girl
    Just wanted to add to this as am currently fraught with worry over HSBC application!

    Our timeline so far:

    11/08 - AIP given
    08/10 - Offer made on property
    09/10 - Offer accepted
    11/10 - Full mortgage application made inc credit check
    15/10 - Valuation booked
    16/10 - Valuation taking place

    From the conversation with the MA last week, he said they would be likely to make a decision by the end of this week. But not sure if that's realistic?
    • ftbwannabe
    • By ftbwannabe 16th Oct 18, 12:06 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    ftbwannabe
    So lender does a credit check just before completion, notices you've borrowed the 4k and pulls the mortgage as a result. Happens a lot and then you loose the deposit you put down for exchange as well.
    Originally posted by ritz55
    Exactly what I needed to know, thank you.
    saving for house-buying costs £1902
    emergency fund £250//1330
    debts £1295/£17,484 |
    • MERFE
    • By MERFE 16th Oct 18, 2:00 PM
    • 1,897 Posts
    • 5,933 Thanks
    MERFE
    Just wanted to add to this as am currently fraught with worry over HSBC application!

    Our timeline so far:

    11/08 - AIP given
    08/10 - Offer made on property
    09/10 - Offer accepted
    11/10 - Full mortgage application made inc credit check
    15/10 - Valuation booked
    16/10 - Valuation taking place

    From the conversation with the MA last week, he said they would be likely to make a decision by the end of this week. But not sure if that's realistic?
    Originally posted by North_London_Girl
    It's possible, our first mortgage offer in the summer was this quick but we pulled out after the survey revealed far more issues than we had planned for. That is why I was pulling my hair out almost at how long it took this time. I think it can all depend if they need more information or not.
    Save 12k in 2018 no 45 £4276.48/£6000
    • ~shoozy~
    • By ~shoozy~ 16th Oct 18, 4:18 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    ~shoozy~
    My timeline so far

    25/07 DIP received from Nationwide
    28/07 Reservation fee paid to builder
    31/07 Full application submitted to Nationwide
    01/08 Help to Buy application submitted
    08/08 HTB declined due to my DIP being for more than the price of the house, therefore I can afford the house without the need for HTB.
    13/08 Full application submitted to Clydesdale
    14/08 Proof of deposit requested and sent
    15/08 Valuation fee paid to Clydesdale
    06/09 Valuation done and sent to Clydesdale
    10/09 Confirmation of valuation sent to me, amounts all tie in and match what was offered
    14/09 Formal offer received

    Purchase fell through so back to square one.

    01/10 Verbal offer accepted
    01/10 New details given to Clydesdale for reassessment
    08/10 Broker confirmed that Clydesdale will be instructing a new valuation

    I was under the impression that a valuation isn't required in Scotland if there's a valid home report? My home report is dated 13th Sept and I offered the home report value on 1st Oct?

    Hoping for a move in date in 6 weeks so fingers crossed Clydesdale hurry up!
    Originally posted by ~shoozy~
    Woohoo mortgage offer (take 2!) has been received!
    • Frankel17
    • By Frankel17 16th Oct 18, 5:04 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Frankel17
    Directly with Nationwide:


    12/10: DIP submitted - referred to underwriters with document request for latest payslip and evidence of last 3 bonuses

    15/10: Documents submitted. DIP approved.
    15/10: Offer accepted

    16/10: Solicitors appointed
    16/10: Full application submitted to Nationwide
    • Silian
    • By Silian 16th Oct 18, 6:14 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Silian
    31/08 - AIP received and we started looking at properties
    (Found house, put in offer, withdrew offer due to overage clause. Found another property, put in offer, offer took forever to be accepted)
    25/09 Mortgage application submitted
    4/10 Informed that mortgage has been approved subject to valuation
    5/10 Informed that lender (Ha...) will not lend on property as it was flooded and timber frame. Request more information from broker and to check other lenders only to be told property is not mortgageable.
    6/10 Approach another mortgage broker
    8/10 Second mortgage broker also gives up due to 'all timber' construction
    9/10 Receive details about construction of property. It is all timber but done in 2002
    10/10 Bank comes back to say they might be willing to lend on property if we get seller's solicitor to confirm that all flood damage has been repaired and to confirm exact construction. Query send to my solicitors.
    16/10 - Vendor has sent the responses to his solicitor (we have a direct line of communication with them) it now just needs to make its slow way to our solicitor and then bank.

    The property itself has not flooded, just the garden (and not since they have built the denver relief channel). Things are looking up again and I am a tiny bit more positive.

    I still can't belief that the timber frame of the house is causing so much issues
    • ftbwannabe
    • By ftbwannabe 16th Oct 18, 7:05 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    ftbwannabe
    31/08 - AIP received and we started looking at properties
    (Found house, put in offer, withdrew offer due to overage clause. Found another property, put in offer, offer took forever to be accepted)
    25/09 Mortgage application submitted
    4/10 Informed that mortgage has been approved subject to valuation
    5/10 Informed that lender (Ha...) will not lend on property as it was flooded and timber frame. Request more information from broker and to check other lenders only to be told property is not mortgageable.
    6/10 Approach another mortgage broker
    8/10 Second mortgage broker also gives up due to 'all timber' construction
    9/10 Receive details about construction of property. It is all timber but done in 2002
    10/10 Bank comes back to say they might be willing to lend on property if we get seller's solicitor to confirm that all flood damage has been repaired and to confirm exact construction. Query send to my solicitors.
    16/10 - Vendor has sent the responses to his solicitor (we have a direct line of communication with them) it now just needs to make its slow way to our solicitor and then bank.

    The property itself has not flooded, just the garden (and not since they have built the denver relief channel). Things are looking up again and I am a tiny bit more positive.

    I still can't belief that the timber frame of the house is causing so much issues
    Originally posted by Silian
    Good luck. Fingers crossed the bank says yes this time.
    saving for house-buying costs £1902
    emergency fund £250//1330
    debts £1295/£17,484 |
    • Silian
    • By Silian 16th Oct 18, 7:12 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Silian
    Good luck. Fingers crossed the bank says yes this time.
    Originally posted by ftbwannabe
    Thanks - and the same to you. Do you have any idea of timelines?

    Edit: actually, reading your post you should know in the next day or two. Good luck!

    The worst is the uncertainty. If I knew for a fact they won't lend on the property I can start my property search again. Right now my heart just isn't in it and every advert I look at I go "meh, it does not have... (mention something current choice has that wasn't even on our wish list)"
    Last edited by Silian; 16-10-2018 at 7:16 PM.
    • cherryblossomzel
    • By cherryblossomzel 17th Oct 18, 11:06 AM
    • 482 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    cherryblossomzel
    Can I join? Just got a call from the EA that my offer was accepted and the property will be taken off the market. Next step - have a chat with my broker, and solicitor.
    Originally posted by cherryblossomzel
    13/10 - offer accepted
    17/10 - gave my broker all the final information needed to apply for the mortgage this morning.

    I'm applying with Coventry, who is apparently reasonably easy and currently has an average time to offer of 22 days. My case is very straightforward so hoping for an offer in early November.
    Last edited by cherryblossomzel; 17-10-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    • mai_taylor
    • By mai_taylor 17th Oct 18, 11:55 AM
    • 200 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    mai_taylor
    17/09/2018 – Made offer
    20/09/2018? – offer accepted and AIP sent over.
    24/09/2018 – Solicitors forms filled in and sent
    04/10/2018 – Full mortgage application sent in to the post office
    08/10/2018 - Solicitor applied for searches.

    It's now been 2 weeks since our application went in and we've heard nothing since, should we be worried?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

41Posts Today

4,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

  • RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

  • RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

  • Follow Martin