Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 406
    • synavm
    • By synavm 28th Jul 18, 5:05 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    synavm
    Followed L&Cís advice and put in an application with NatWest following our refused Nationwide application. Fingers crossed!
    • Edenrose1
    • By Edenrose1 29th Jul 18, 10:02 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Edenrose1
    We are 2nd time movers ( bought our current home in 2005) totally forgotten how stressful this is ...

I don't have the greatest credit file - so had to use a non high street lender on a higher rate - bummer , but I'm seeing this as short term as all defaults in my file will be file will be fine by the time we remortgage in 5 years time and I can use a high street

House price :£462k
    Joint income £101k
    LTV : 80%
    Term:26 years

23rd May - AIP accepted
    30th May - made offer on property ( however the top part of the chain was incomplete)

30th june - top of chain complete - proceed to full application
    7th July - submitted full mortgage application , hard search done on my file

12th July - extra documents submitted, all was satisfied , lenders said they are happy to proceed to survey

23rd July - survey completed - all ok and valued ok

27th July - phone call from lender to confirm offer , awaiting written confirmation

Very pleased - now for all the searches and agreement of contract exchange

I'm taking it 1 day at a time but hopefully we should be done by the end of August

Trying not to loose sleep or get overly stressed .
    • Tufa
    • By Tufa 30th Jul 18, 11:32 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Tufa
    21/07 Text from Barclays, valuation booked for Wednesday. This is after I called them up directly..
    Originally posted by Tufa
    So the flat is down valued and either need to change the product(?), reduce the loan(we can't get another 18k) or try to negotiate with the builder(such a big difference, however still less than 5% less than the sale price)...
    Also not sure if I should go with LandC in case of new application as feels like they are just holding up the case and not doing anything extra what I can't. They messed up my application form, very badly, even after told them whats wrong they didn't change it so clearly not sure why should I use them..
    • gemmabe
    • By gemmabe 30th Jul 18, 12:29 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    gemmabe
    Hi all,

In the process of buying a new build at the moment. First time buyer using Help to Buy Equity Loan.

17/7 Broker submitted full application to Nationwide
    19/7 Nationwide requested proof of deposit and proof of funds to clear credit card. Submitted same day.
    24/7 Nationwide requested gift letter form. Submitted 25/7.
    30/7 Valuation booked in for 2/8.

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!
    • Qetesh83
    • By Qetesh83 1st Aug 18, 11:09 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Qetesh83
    I didn't post on here whilst actually waiting (felt like I'd be jinxing it lol), but I thought I'd add my timeline now just because I know myself that searching these boards for 'Accord Mortgages' doesnt bring up many positive results

So...

20/04 - met with a mortgage adviser
    26/04 - got AIP with Santander
    21/05 - put in 1st offer
    22/05 - offer refused
    - 2nd offer put in
    24/05 - 2nd offer accepted
    30/05 - met with MA to proceed with application
    31/05 - Application w/ Halifax put it
    04/06 - Halifax refuse to lend enough (reason: 1 income, 5 people in household)
    05/06 - Application made with Accord Mortgages
    11/06 - Estate Agent tells us Accord are trying to arrange valuation. Hold up on vendors end.
    12/06 - MA informs us Accord want extra payslip
    - 2 extra payslips sent (to be on the safe side)
    14/06 - Hear valuation booked for 18/6
    25/06 - MA gets in touch to query an allowance on husbands payslip
    - relevant info sent back
    28/06 - MA says Accord has agreed to lend and offer should be out soon
    04/07 - Offer hits the doormat!!!!!!!

OK, it's been quite a slow process in general but I can't complain about Accord (which I was panicking about after reading some peoples experiences).

Now, we're just waiting to exchange. There's only 3 of us in the chain so hopefully wont be too problematic.

Good luck everyone else
    • ~shoozy~
    • By ~shoozy~ 1st Aug 18, 12:34 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    ~shoozy~
    Hi all,

I'm a FTB in the process of buying a new build using Help to Buy.

25/07: DIP received from broker for Nationwide
    28/07: Reservation fee paid to builder
    31/07: Full application submitted by broker
    01/08: Help to Buy application completed.

Now it's just a waiting game... the worst bit!
    • Tufa
    • By Tufa 1st Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Tufa
    FTB with HTB London here, a bit cold water with L&C.

09/06 Offer made
    12/06 Offer accepted and started to gather all the paperwork to MA
    13/06 Mortgage application sent to L&C and from here every day we had to submit different paperwork to them.
    21/06 All paperwork been sent finally to Halifax
    22/06 ATP Issued (with wrong names)
    22/06 Valuation booked in
    28/06 Second ATP issued with correct names
    29/06 Valuation date
    02/07 Valuation rejected, down-valued the flat with an unrealistic price
    06/07 More information needed
    13/07 More information needed again
    16/07 More information needed again
    21/07 Text from Barclays, valuation booked for Wednesday.
    25/07 Valuation done
    27/07 Down-valued again. Tried to speak with the developer to revise the price but they have suggested to apply for a different lender. Tried to speak with Barclays to see if the valuation is correct and everything included, they had 48hr to reply.
    01/08 Appeal rejected, applied to a different lender (Santander)
    • ~shoozy~
    • By ~shoozy~ 1st Aug 18, 3:43 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    ~shoozy~
    See this is what scares me about valuations.

Excuse my ignorance but how can it be down valued if the properties are all being sold at the same price?
    • Tufa
    • By Tufa 1st Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Tufa
    That's what I was questioning as well. Apparently it can happen even with same lender someone might went ahead fine and someone got down-valued (they use different surveyors..), in my case, all the other flats now sold in the building (72 flats overall), i was one of the last buyer, when i made an offer there was 6 flats was available and all sold now, most on mortgage.
    The builder EA said, if this one also comes back down-valued, they will discus if they can do anything with the price as the variance is really just about 4.5% against list price.
    • marcmc84
    • By marcmc84 2nd Aug 18, 9:11 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    marcmc84
    After a long wait we finally have been issued our mortgage offer
    Will be moving very soon now as all solicitor was waiting on to exchange is our mortgage offer - Cannot wait!

Heres our timeline with Santander...

Applied to Santander though broker
    19th June - Full application submitted and accepted, hard credit check done (showing on Experian)
    20th June - Survey booked, further documents requested from underwriters
    22nd June - Submitted all documents they have requested
    26th June - Survey completed (haven't heard if any issues)
    26th June - Found out not passed to underwritters as broker not uploaded all the docs
    27th June - Chasing broker - resubmitted docs
    28th June - Docs still outstanding - santander final chase - Complained to broker, doc sent
    29th June - Finally passed to underwritting
    4th July - Application declined (broker called me said its because of a missing document that we had already supplied that wasn't attached to case file. Spoken to senior underwriter who has agreed application can go ahead and we are back in underwriting queue.
    6th July - Back in underwriting queue
    12th July - heard nothing so chased broker for response. Told it will be looked at in due course.
    16th July - Still heard nothing so complained to L & C and they said they will look into and call me back. Had an email later that day saying it has fallen out of santanders accpetable timescales and they will fast track it and will have answer by morning on the 17th July.
    17th July - Request for further documents from lender - some they already had and are requesting again as saying not received. We sent them in with the full application and they accepted them, more lost documents the broker has had to submit.
    19th July - All documents provided and back in underwritting queue.

25th July - Further document request to confirm salary with employer
    25th July - Back in underwriting queue - will be another weeks wait now!!!
    01 August - Text and email from Santander to confirm mortgage offer issued
    • Wongus
    • By Wongus 2nd Aug 18, 4:18 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Wongus
    After a long wait we finally have been issued our mortgage offer
    Will be moving very soon now as all solicitor was waiting on to exchange is our mortgage offer - Cannot wait!

Heres our timeline with Santander...

Applied to Santander though broker
    19th June - Full application submitted and accepted, hard credit check done (showing on Experian)
    20th June - Survey booked, further documents requested from underwriters
    22nd June - Submitted all documents they have requested
    26th June - Survey completed (haven't heard if any issues)
    26th June - Found out not passed to underwritters as broker not uploaded all the docs
    27th June - Chasing broker - resubmitted docs
    28th June - Docs still outstanding - santander final chase - Complained to broker, doc sent
    29th June - Finally passed to underwritting
    4th July - Application declined (broker called me said its because of a missing document that we had already supplied that wasn't attached to case file. Spoken to senior underwriter who has agreed application can go ahead and we are back in underwriting queue.
    6th July - Back in underwriting queue
    12th July - heard nothing so chased broker for response. Told it will be looked at in due course.
    16th July - Still heard nothing so complained to L & C and they said they will look into and call me back. Had an email later that day saying it has fallen out of santanders accpetable timescales and they will fast track it and will have answer by morning on the 17th July.
    17th July - Request for further documents from lender - some they already had and are requesting again as saying not received. We sent them in with the full application and they accepted them, more lost documents the broker has had to submit.
    19th July - All documents provided and back in underwritting queue.

25th July - Further document request to confirm salary with employer
    25th July - Back in underwriting queue - will be another weeks wait now!!!
    01 August - Text and email from Santander to confirm mortgage offer issued
    Originally posted by marcmc84
    Well done and happy for you, got their in the end. Good luck with the rest of the transaction.
    • Tufa
    • By Tufa 2nd Aug 18, 5:07 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Tufa
    FTB with HTB London

09/06 Offer made
    13/06 Mortgage application sent to L&C and from here every day we had to submit different paperwork to them.
    29/06 Valuation date
    25/07 Valuation done
    27/07 Down-valued again. Tried to speak with the developer to revise the price but they have suggested to apply for a different lender. Tried to speak with Barclays to see if the valuation is correct and everything included, they had 48hr to reply.
    02/08 Valuation booked for 08/08
    • jaelato1
    • By jaelato1 2nd Aug 18, 11:25 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    jaelato1
    FTB with HTB London

09/06 Offer made
    29/06 Valuation date
    25/07 Valuation done
    02/08 Valuation booked for 08/08
    Originally posted by Tufa
    Oh wow! 3 app in a space of 2 months?
    Personally if two lenders has under-value the house then i wont even bother with the 3rd app. clearly the house is over priced. Why you want to buy an over priced house is what I find hard to understand?
    • TickTok
    • By TickTok 2nd Aug 18, 11:37 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    TickTok
    Hsbc
    ď
    Hi all,

FTB here, using L&C and lender is HSBC. Going for 90% LTV with no financial issues, thankfully. Itís a chain-free purchase.

Week 1
    -Friday 06/07: Offer accepted (already had DIP)
    -Monday 09/07: Solicitor instructed
    -Tuesday 10/07: Full application submitted by L&C
    -Wednesday 11/07: Documents submitted to L&C branch. Valuation booked for 16/07.
    -Friday 13/07: I send L&C updated online statement showing proof of deposit in the a.m.

Week 2
    -Monday 16/07: Valuation done. L&C chased me for proof of deposit because case handler didnít see my email from Friday. I resend, but weíve now lost 2 working days.
    -Tuesday 17/07: L&C Confirm there are no outstanding queries. Told to expect response by COB Wednesday......

Week 3
    - Monday 23/07: Chased L&C to find out progress. They confirm valuation is fine. But HSBC want to see July payslip with my increased salary (got a raise July 1), even though they initially said letter from employer was ok. Now the wait continues until end of July, when I get paid. Still no draft contract from vendor. EA said heís chasing...
    Originally posted by TickTok
    Week 4
    - Thursday 02/07: Success! Mortgage offer was emailed to me today. I submitted my July payslip on July 31st and received the offer within 48 hours.

So total of 23 days from submission of full application to offer (including a week of waiting for my payslip). Overall, it was a smooth process with HSBC and L&C were great in being responsive and following up the underwriters.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting!
    • Tufa
    • By Tufa 3rd Aug 18, 6:50 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Tufa
    Because i know how much the other flats went for in the development. Also the first valuation was unrealistic, based on comparing the prices to lower spec flats in about 1.5 mile away (1 or 2 zone further out..).
    If this valuation comes out downvalued, the developer agreed to review the price, and the second and 3rd application had free valuation, didnt loose too much other than time, however i know there is no way to find a similar spec flat not even second hand anywhere within zone 1-3, as i am searching for it a year ago.
    Last edited by Tufa; 03-08-2018 at 3:12 PM.
    • bazza_white
    • By bazza_white 3rd Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bazza_white
    Third time lucky for this FTB

Offered on a probate/company sale in November it took 4 weeks to reject offer. higher offer went in but another bidder came in. i put another offer .in but so did they and I wasnt going any more. 8 weeks wasted.

23/7 offer on a repossession, i offer 1k above asking and is accepted. another AIP done and no worries
    25/7 another offer comes in higher than mine an i decided not to increase my offer.

25/7 i get a call to say another property sale has fallen through. would i like to view. i view the next day and put in my offer of 5k under the 160k asking. Offer will be accepted on the condition i clear the house and the 2 other viewers booked in dont offer.

28/7 I get a call to say another offer has gone in and its higher so we both have to put higher bids in. i offer 160k (asking price) plus ill clear the house (its a mess)

30/7 informed my offer is lower but in a better position, i think the vendors daughter was dreading clearing the house) (it sold for 168 8 weeks earlier but the purchaser got pregnant and pulled out)

30/7 Solicitor informed
    03/08 mortgage application in today, loan to mortgage value 65% so fingers crossed.
    • Lgas
    • By Lgas 3rd Aug 18, 9:33 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Lgas
    Hi all - those you are awaiting a mortgage decision, can I ask have you already instructed your solicitor? Our application went in yesterday and I am aware there can be a long wait so I suggested paying the upfront fee and getting things moving on the conveyancing side - my partner thinks we should wait until we have been approved for our mortgage. We have already had hold ups and accepted the offer on our house May 31st so I donít want to delay things longer than necessary.
    • heston2014
    • By heston2014 3rd Aug 18, 10:21 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    heston2014
    Hi all - those you are awaiting a mortgage decision, can I ask have you already instructed your solicitor? Our application went in yesterday and I am aware there can be a long wait so I suggested paying the upfront fee and getting things moving on the conveyancing side - my partner thinks we should wait until we have been approved for our mortgage. We have already had hold ups and accepted the offer on our house May 31st so I donít want to delay things longer than necessary.
    Originally posted by Lgas
    It's a tricky one, we are in the process of remortgaging and getting a second mortgage for a new property. Mortgage for new property approved and still waiting for remortgage decision. As soon as our offer on the property got accepted, we instructed solicitors and hoping that remortgage will go through as we would lose monies towards fees paid but it is what it is. Like you trying to avoid any delays on the legal side so lining up everything so hopefully once remortgage comes through (got everything crossed and praying to all the gods of mortgages), it should be go go go with legals! so we hope!
    • Mattmuzz
    • By Mattmuzz 4th Aug 18, 8:36 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mattmuzz
    Hi all.. thought I would get involved..

28th June 2018 - Offer accepted on house for £193,000

2nd July 2018 - Mortgage application submitted with First Direct

5th July 2018 - Sent completed ID Forms to solicitors

10th July - Phone appointment with first direct completed and documents uploaded (Passports, 1 bank statement and 1 payslip each). AIP received

12th July 2018 - Uploaded house purchase forms to solicitor

18th July 2018 - Valuation carried out

20th July 2018 - Payment for searches sent to solicitor

23rd July 2018 - Called first direct to ask for result on valuation, came back £1000 under.

25th July 2018 - Called FD to ask for documents regarding valuation to forward to EA. I was informed there was a mistake on the valuation because the sale prices was listed at £192,000.. FD queried this.

26th July 2018 - FD informed me that the vendor directly told them that the sale price was £192,000, it seems valuation company took this as the price even though all documents involved states £193,000. First Direct aiming to get this changed.

27th July 2018 - Solicitor confirmed all applications for searches had been sent to relevant parties.

Very nervous for the mortgage application as I have read that FD can be strict. We have clean credit ratings and a salary that easily gives us £400/500 disposable income after mortgage payment and estimated bills.

Fingers crossed!
    Originally posted by Mattmuzz

UPDATE

3rd August - Called First Direct and told valuation has been amended to the sale price! Application now goes to underwriters to confirm ID and hopefully give the green light.. nervous!!
    • FTB0101
    • By FTB0101 6th Aug 18, 1:29 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    FTB0101
    FTB with Aldermore, I have a bit of a Jaded past with my credit history. Hence the need to use Aldermore.
    AIP 22/06
    Offer made and accepted 27/06
    Full Application 04/07
    Valuation instructed 10/07
    Valuation completed 12/07
    Additonal information requested 19/07
    Additonal information provided 28/07
    Validation call 03/07
    Mortgage offer 06/08

Using Aldermore was the only option for me, based on 95%LTV and bad previous credit history. They did ask for a lot of information but all in all the experience was good. My advise would be to find a good broker. We didnt think we would get a mortgage for at least the next 2 years, so he was worth every penny.

Can start planning my move now :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,276Posts Today

8,746Users online

Martin's Twitter