Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 395
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 15th May 18, 9:07 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Still nothing our end from Santander.

    Submitted on 26th April.
    Valuation instructed on 26th.
    Passed to underwriting on 27th.
    Valuation carried out 3rd May.
    Requested information on statement on 4th.
    Back to underwriters on 8th after Bank Holiday.

    And here we are, nearly three weeks later! I can't bring myself to e-mail my poor mortgage adviser again.
    • saant22
    • By saant22 15th May 18, 10:43 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I too am nervously awaiting...

    although ours hasn't been too long, I wish I had not asked for the tracker.

    we are FTB and are waiting a decision from Natwest.
    Fri 27th April reserved a new build, doing HTB.
    Fri 4th May submitted application via Broker.
    Tues 8th May funds for valuation taken.
    Weds 9th may, requested further 3 month pay slips.
    Thurs 10th May Valuation carried out.
    Fri (today) confirmation Valuation was ok and pay slips will be assed by COB Monday.

    As of yesterday payslips were reviewed and it now says 'please call us to discuss your clients application"

    now I'm worried! sure it is only to validate something but still not heard from our broker!

    anyone had any experience of what this can be?
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 15th May 18, 10:57 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Just logged on to MATS tracker to see that the Santander underwriter has accepted our mortgage (95% LTV) subject to satisfactory valuation . Very very happy!

    Goes to show that a couple of late payments, some payday loan usage (all in the last 12 months) and a low credit score (number wise) isn't the be all and end all and doesn't finish off your chances of a high LTV mortgage.
    Last edited by FTBNow; 15-05-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    • Rach2018
    • By Rach2018 15th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hsbc ftb
    I'm currently waiting on my mortgage offer from HSBC.
    It looks like people only have bad things to say about them

    I had the valuation last Tuesday.
    Does anyone have any idea how long these things take?
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 15th May 18, 5:02 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    A friend of mine is looking for a mortgage with HSBC. I don't know much about them personally, but he raves about them and their processes: he's a very vanilla case though.

    Our application has been "passed to the mortgage centre" (whatever that means) and Santander are now just assessing the valuation which they're quoting two working days for processing, so not much longer now hopefully.
    • Mrsbase
    • By Mrsbase 15th May 18, 5:22 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hey all,

    So our valuation was finally carried out on Friday through Nationwide. Just chased my broker and they have confirmed the valuation is exactly what we are paying. Phew. Apparently nationwide have a back log and we will know by Friday if our offer has been sent! Iím not sure I can take much more of the worry!!! Anyone else had any recent experience with nationwide, they did receive the valuation on Friday 11th.
    • datlex
    • By datlex 15th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 1,959 Posts
    • 2,270 Thanks
    Had my appointment- Mortgage offered subject to valuation and income checks. Going to be a long couple of weeks whilst they do those checks. Going to be an 18 year mortgage. Which means all being well I will be mortgage and rent free 5 years before retirement age. Possibly earlier if I manage to over pay/ get any additional money in .
    • NervousBuyer
    • By NervousBuyer 15th May 18, 6:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Applied for our first mortgage ever as asked to move out of rental property. Date 30th June.
    Did a Decision in principle for 260000 and got a dip of 253000 with Halifax on 8 May.
    Offered and accepted house 259000 on 10th May 90% LTV.
    Valuation fees 200 taken on application by Halifax.
    Solicitor advised and search fees today ie 14th.

    Now just biting nails !! Independent mortgage advisor
    Anyone else on similar boat? Can share our journey .... might be a bit easy !!
    • MisalignedHalo1971
    • By MisalignedHalo1971 15th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    We had our valuation on the 30th April with nationwide, and that came back on the 2nd May as all okay. Although we did have to send off some info that help to buy were asking for last week.
    Ours appears to be a little back to front as our notice to proceed from help to buy only came through yesterday. And once again we wait...
    • Chanlf91
    • By Chanlf91 15th May 18, 8:32 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    We're still waiting on our offer, our MA has chased lenders as nothing has changed on his portal.
    Here's our timescale so far

    19/4/18 got DIP from Aldermore
    20/4/18 viewed property, offer accepted
    24/4/18 full mortgage application went in
    27/4/18 further documents requested
    3/5/18 valuation instructed
    8/5/18 valuation carried out
    15/5/18 had welcome call, aldermore requested original documents from earlier request but overall application complete upon receiving original document.

    Why they didn't ask for the original document when we sent off the documents on the 27/4/18 I do not know. We'd have a mortgage offer now if we didn't have to chase for an update!
    • Steph2617
    • By Steph2617 16th May 18, 9:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    We are applying for additional borrowing from Nationwide. Valuation was done on 3rd May, but still showing as under review. All documents received and satisfactory. I will call them tomorrow, but is this likely to be a problem with the valuation or is it just that they have a bit of a backlog at the moment?
    • Sargold
    • By Sargold 17th May 18, 6:56 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Still nothing our end from Santander.

    Submitted on 26th April.
    Valuation instructed on 26th.
    Passed to underwriting on 27th.
    Valuation carried out 3rd May.
    Requested information on statement on 4th.
    Back to underwriters on 8th after Bank Holiday.

    And here we are, nearly three weeks later! I can't bring myself to e-mail my poor mortgage adviser again.
    Originally posted by FTBNow

    Did Santander come back to request anything else other than information on statement? sent an explanation last week for some DD they queried. Just sat biting nails now!
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 17th May 18, 9:16 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Did Santander come back to request anything else other than information on statement? sent an explanation last week for some DD they queried. Just sat biting nails now!
    Originally posted by Sargold
    Nope: nothing else was requested. They just wanted some info on a standing order I had set up for my Masters loan, and a direct debit my partner had for his (now cancelled) gym membership. They queried on the 4th, we answered on the 8th and the application was agreed on the 15th - so all in all took 5 days.

    I was advised by my MA that they were behind and working on a 4-5 day turnaround currently.
    • SophieP2000
    • By SophieP2000 17th May 18, 1:09 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Update... we were putting 15% deposit on a £350k house with Coventry BS, they came back and maximum they valued it was £325k, had to renegotiate with the vendor who said they would come down to £345k so 5k saving, to do this we have had to put 10% deposit down on the 325k valuation, and pay £20k cash for the difference. So I'm really thankful we have managed to get the house as we both love it.

    Mortgage advisor advised she changed over the product yesterday (from 85% LTV to 90% LTV) and the case will be fully assessed within 1 working day, so should find out today. I'm so stressed and I hate waiting!!

    Any one else awaiting offer or recently received one from Coventry BS? A hard credit check was done when we originally asked for the AIP 2 months ago which was accepted, and full application went in on 1st May, came back on 10th May about valuation, we confirmed yesterday about negotiated price and should hear today, so far been 12 working days, getting so impatient!

    Update on our case.... received an email from our mortgage advisor yesterday advising us that Coventry BS have come back and undervalued the property we are buying by 25k. We offered 350k which was the asking price (houses sell within days!) and they valued it at 325k.

    We are in the process of trying to appeal, so stressed out! Please no comments saying count your blesses you aren't overpaying etc as I know we aren't ! I thought maybe we were overpaying by 5 to 10k max, but not 25k! the valuer they got in was not from the area, and I don't know what he based his findings on, and they won't supply us with a report. The last house sold 18 months ago for £330k, and this house in question was smaller as it didn't have a conservatory whereas ours does, yet they've valued it 5k less, and the house prices have increased in 18 months not decreased! so now we are stressing.

    Requested mortgage advisor to fight our case to appeal the valuation, vendor isn't prepared to come down to 325k, we are arranging 3 further estate agent valuations and hoping this helps our case. Vendors are really lovely and have spoken to them direct, but they need the money for the house they purchasing. if the valuation is correct then they will have the same problem if they pull out, so something we all need to think about!

    We already lost the first house we were buying as we got gazumped above and beyond what we could afford, we don't want to loose the 2nd one houses don't come up in the area we are looking at very often!!
    Originally posted by SophieP2000
    • hhunter
    • By hhunter 17th May 18, 11:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hi, I have loved all these posts and really appreciate them.

    Thought I'd add my experience as it was pretty smooth with Virgin Money arranged through free broker L&C which I've noticed has mixed reviews on here.

    Way back in March, AIP with Halifax to start the house hunt, we are both FTB's. I will probably post the whole journey on the House buying thread as we are a few weeks from exchange (I hope!) but see below the mortgage side...

    23/04 - Mortgage finder application submitted to L&C
    24/04 - L&C adviser phones me to discuss needs and wants
    25/04 - L&C provide first recommendation (ending up not being suitable - Clydesdale)
    26/04 - L&C provide second recommendation (ticks all boxes - Virgin Money)
    27/04 - Morning... Confirm we are happy via email and phone, full application submitted to Virgin Money
    30/04 - 10am ish - L&C Case tracking account set up and assigned Case Manager. Awaiting VM to confirm what docs needed.
    30/04 - 4pm ish - L&C Case Manager confirms docs needed and sends over DD mandate and declaration to fill out and sign. (Docs needed: Proof of H2B ISA deposit savings for each of us, proof of deposit in normal savings accounts, 3 x latest payslips for each of us, P60 for each of us, signed DD mandate, signed declaration and confirmation of chosen solicitor's)
    01/05 - Send all docs requested to L&C Case Manager.
    02/05 - Slight mix up with childcare/college fees category, no dependents not childcare, money in that category is for professional education ongoing.
    03/05 - Confirmed and resolved query
    04-07/05 - Even though it's early days, discover I am not as patient a person as I thought I was. Bank holiday weekend stressing me out
    09/05 - Email a polite nudge to Case Manager asking if the valuation has been booked as money has been taken.
    09/05 - Afternoon, Case Manager confirms valuation was done YESTERDAY (8/5) and she is going to chase tomorrow for an update and see if further docs are needed.
    10/05 - 6pm "Great News - your mortgage offer has been issued". anxiously awaiting the posted hard copy

    Now just waiting on the solicitors..... boo

    Keeping my fingers crossed for all those waiting!
    Originally posted by FTBlalala
    Thanks for this. Itís given me hope as my process so far has been very similar to yours (also a FTB, and did my AIP with Halifax at the end of Feb to enable me start looking. L&C also recommended Clydesdale, and thatís the one that Iíve gone for).
    10/5 - Confirmed wanted to proceed with L&C recommendation
    11/5 - Application submitted
    14/5 late morning - L&C case tracking account set up and case manager assigned
    14/5 around 4pm - L&C case manager sent list of docs needed and DD mandate and declaration to fill out and sign. (Docs needed: Proof of H2B ISA deposit savings, proof of deposit in normal savings accounts, 3 x latest payslips, 3 x latest bank statements for account that salary gets paid into, signed DD mandate, signed declaration, and confirmation of chosen solicitor)
    14/5 evening - Sent all docs requested to L&C Case Manager.
    16/5 - L&C Case Manager confirmed documents received and asked for H2B ISA proof to be resent as name was missing from page
    16/5 - Sent another copy of H2B ISA proof
    17/5 - Contacted case manager to confirm latest H2B ISA proof was received and acceptable

    Now the waiting game begins...wish I had asked whether the valuation has been booked, but Iíll try to wait until next week before I start pestering them for updates!
    • EMCS
    • By EMCS 18th May 18, 6:32 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    First time buyer.
    Still awaiting H2B authority to proceed (should be Monday latest) but broker has pushed on regardless and started the application proper with Nationwide.

    Valuation scheduled for May 25th.
    First-time buyer, muddling through
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 18th May 18, 9:21 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Still waiting for ours: valuation returned £16,000 less . Despite the estate agent's best attempts to deter the vendors away from us, we had a phone call last night to say they're sticking with us (woohoo!). So mortgage is now for £145,000 not £161,000.

    MA is getting in touch with Santander this morning to let them know so hopefully not too far away now.
    • kbm271186
    • By kbm271186 18th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Application submitted - 19th April
    Valuation booked for - 8th May
    Valuation received - 14th May
    Valuation approved - 17th May

    Now just waiting for the offer.
    • SophieP2000
    • By SophieP2000 18th May 18, 9:41 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    ANYONE at all awaiting an offer from Coventry BS?

    MA advised we would have heard yesterday following the change of product that was actioned on Wednesday, and their turnaround time is 1 working day (we had to put 10% deposit rather than 15% deposit in the end due to valuation valued 25k less than we offered, we didn't want to loose the house so paying the extra in cash ourselves)

    Chased MA last night who said she heard nothing and will chase first thing this morning and let me know. I'm so stressed!!!
    • SophieP2000
    • By SophieP2000 18th May 18, 9:45 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Can anybody answer this please, we got a DIP with Coventry BS in March and we they completed a hard credit search, they later did an ID search in April, and we submitted our full application on 1st May, will they do another hard search or was the DIP hard search they did all they'll do? Haven't had any further searches... valuation etc done, and MA sad our case should be fully assessed by yesterday, obv didn't yesterday so hopefully today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,049Posts Today

7,162Users online

Martin's Twitter