Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 390
    • clairey22
    • By clairey22 11th Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    clairey22
    Text message to say application has been agreed at 9.45am today and "an offer letter will be issued shortly". Nothing as yet! Will wait to get the actual letter before getting too excited!!!!
    • ohdear66
    • By ohdear66 12th Apr 18, 2:30 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ohdear66
    Hi all!

Iím joining the wait!

10/4 Mortgage Appointment in local branch - Barclays
    10/4 DIP approved - 57% LTV. Upgraded account to Barclays premier by MA after looking at our income.
    10/4 Desktop valuation completed and no need for survey
    11/4 Full application submitted and documents submitted to underwriter
    • Slick88
    • By Slick88 12th Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Slick88
    Have you had any update / progress? Surely an offer by now...
    Originally posted by ma786
    You would think wouldn't you? But nope, no offer yet.

Although our new house fell through due to issues with the construction. We'll we pulled out anyway due problems with the survey and searches. A hard decision but the hosue would be a money pit and we may have dodged a bullet as after we withdrew our offer and explained it was because of the survey and searches the seller found me via social media and decided to send some abuse my way for the fact their house was falling apart. Fun stuff.

Thankfully we have now found another house and had an offer accepted. Although we still havent had a mortgage offer! Have you had your survey yet ma?

Timeline now stands at...

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

On the plus side the new house is alot nicer, has extra features and was cheaper than the last one.

Now I jsut hope everything goes through alright! I guess this is why we have home buyers reports and searches... definately worth the money!
    • ma786
    • By ma786 12th Apr 18, 9:49 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ma786
    You would think wouldn't you? But nope, no offer yet.

Although our new house fell through due to issues with the construction. We'll we pulled out anyway due problems with the survey and searches. A hard decision but the hosue would be a money pit and we may have dodged a bullet as after we withdrew our offer and explained it was because of the survey and searches the seller found me via social media and decided to send some abuse my way for the fact their house was falling apart. Fun stuff.

Thankfully we have now found another house and had an offer accepted. Although we still havent had a mortgage offer! Have you had your survey yet ma?

Timeline now stands at...

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

On the plus side the new house is alot nicer, has extra features and was cheaper than the last one.

Now I jsut hope everything goes through alright! I guess this is why we have home buyers reports and searches... definately worth the money!
    Originally posted by Slick88
    WoW you have had a busy stressful few days! Everything happens for a reason!

What issues did you have on the homebuyers and searches? If it had the issues, was it still valued at the purchase price you agreed?

The seller must be really nice, sending you abuse!
    • Jeden
    • By Jeden 13th Apr 18, 12:25 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jeden
    Hi All,

Joining the waiting! We have 42 Days to exchange. The clock officially started yesterday.

09/04 DIP with Aldermore
    10/04 Documents sent to MA
    12/04 Officially reserved the house
    Now waiting for the HTB decision.
    • mangog
    • By mangog 14th Apr 18, 8:52 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mangog
    Joining this thread because I'm beyond anxious at the moment!

1st offer rejected 29/3
    2nd offer rejected 30/3, 3rd offer accepted later the same day
    AIP issued by MA 3/4
    Solicitor instructed 4/4
    Sales memorandum received 9/4
    MA submitted mortgage application to Nationwide 11/4
    Text to confirm instruction to complete valuation and survey 13/4

I'm REALLY bad at waiting. So I'm over thinking everything at the moment!
    Last edited by mangog; 14-04-2018 at 9:21 PM.
    • Jeden
    • By Jeden 15th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jeden
    Iím exactly the same. I always expect the worse. Itís almost as if something like having the house weíve always wanted is too good a thing to happen to us.

Iím an absolute wreck at the moment waiting. Itís only made worse by the fact we have to pay for 6k of upgrades for our new build - and if the mortgage falls through we will lose that money.
    • Mrsbase
    • By Mrsbase 17th Apr 18, 8:03 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsbase
    Wow I canít believe I am posting in here! Iíve been a lurker for a while and we were only really keeping an eye on the market. Long story short my father in law died suddenly in sept 2017, the inheritance my husband got means we can finally buy a house (after choosing kids and marriage before a house). So an ideal house comes up, and now there is no looking back....here is my time line so far....

April 7th - go and see the house
    April 9th - 1st offer rejected and enter bidding war with another person. Go to asking price.
    April 10th - offer accepted
    April 11th - go and see estate agent MA
    April 12th - give MA go ahead on Nationwide DIP
    April 14th - sign paper work and submit mortgage to Nationwide - got text and email confirming application received immediately.

Havenít heard anything since....I know we are actually only 1 working day after so not panicking yet!!! Iím sooooo nervous!!! This forum has already helped!
    • Firsttimebuyer2018
    • By Firsttimebuyer2018 17th Apr 18, 4:12 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyer2018
    Thought I'd join whilst I wait for my offer!

06/03/2018- Offer accepted
    08/03/2018- AIP with Nationwide (just for EA and to get house off the market)
    10/03/2018- Initial documents sent to broker
    15/03/2018- Have to chase banks to get appropriate documents
    03/04/2018- Broker has all documents
    04/04/2018- Broker finds a good deal with Clydesdale
    06/04/2018- Valuation booked
    12/04/2018- Valuation done
    16/04/2018- Report received- we think it's satisfactory?
    17/04/2018- Got notification that Clydesdale have done a credit check!

So hopefully it won't be long now? Or maybe I'm too optimistic! The decision of going with a broker wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, the amount of paperwork and issues with paperwork has been very frustrating.
    • warnerr88
    • By warnerr88 18th Apr 18, 2:21 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    warnerr88
    MA let me know last night that he had an update from HSBC that the valuation went OK (offer subject to valuation), how long will it be before I get my mortgage offer?
    • Jeden
    • By Jeden 18th Apr 18, 2:30 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jeden
    18/04/2018 - Authority to Proceed From HTB
    Waiting for Mortgage decision from Aldermore now. Anybody know of recent time frames for a decision from Aldermore?
    • Firsttimebuyer2018
    • By Firsttimebuyer2018 18th Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyer2018
    So I didn't have to wait too long! Found out the mortgage was approved today and our offer will be with us in a couple of days. I've been impressed with how quick Clydesdale have been, I had heard they can be slow.
    • pepperpop
    • By pepperpop 18th Apr 18, 9:26 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    pepperpop
    thought id join too - remortgage
    21/3 Clydesdale application submitted via broker
    27/3 money laundering and quotation credit check carried out.
    28/3 valuation carried out
    4/4 valuation ok
    4/4 loan settlement figure etc required from our bank
    10/4 payslips requested
    17/4 told getting looked at today
    18/4 not looked at yet - top of the pile.
    19/4 Lender says to broker should get an update by close of business
    20/4 Broker chased got an email from clydesdale saying they have received paperwork submitted a week ago and it will be looked at within 2 days
    Appears to be a 3 day turn around each time additional paperwork is submitted
    23/4 Got the phonemail from broker that mortgage has been offered - letter will go out in a couple of days although he said will probably be more like a week -WHOO HOO! Pretty much a month to the day. Be interested to see how long the legals take (optima free)
    Last edited by pepperpop; 24-04-2018 at 8:28 AM.
    • Jeden
    • By Jeden 19th Apr 18, 9:55 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jeden
    17/04/18 Hard checks performed by Lender a day after submitting the application (hoping this means it may be quick)
    • Jess0956
    • By Jess0956 19th Apr 18, 11:21 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jess0956
    Hi All,

This is my story I thought I!!!8217;d share as this forum has been extremely helpful. Our broker advised us to go with Nationwide. We received our DIP extremely fast found a property we liked and placed and offer and was rejected by the third offer he accepted.

In all our process took a month and half and finally received our mortgage offer this morning.

Our broker was extremely helpful but I still felt the need to call Nationwide to know where the process was at.. It was really frustrating as the underwriters kept returning asking for more documents which had already been sent from the start and every time they asked we!!!8217;d get pushed to the bottom of the pile. Two weeks ago they told us we!!!8217;d receive some news and the latest it would have been was Monday 9th April .. Monday we called up to find out and they pushed it back to Tuesday. Tuesday came and still no news. Our broker had to call and complain and speak to someone high up and only today we received our offer!
    • Jeden
    • By Jeden 19th Apr 18, 1:36 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jeden
    19/04/18 Just been called by the underwriter to confirm direct debit date. She said she was happy with everything so far and has instructed the valuation to take place.

Hopefully not too long now!
    • warnerr88
    • By warnerr88 19th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    warnerr88
    So after submitting the initial application on Friday 23rd March, finally got our mortgage offer with HSBC today (19th April)!! So just under 4 weeks, though that does include easter bank holiday and them needing some additional documents.
    • mangog
    • By mangog 20th Apr 18, 11:40 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mangog
    Oh yikes Jess0956! That sounds painful. We're waiting for a decision from Nationwide too. Our broker seems to be on it (he sent me an update yesterday and said they had requested more details but he'd dealt with it) but if we don't hear anything in the next week I might start chasing!

Updated since my last post...

1st offer rejected 29/3
    2nd offer rejected 30/3, 3rd offer accepted later the same day
    AIP issued by MA 3/4
    Solicitor instructed 4/4
    Sales memorandum received 9/4
    MA submitted mortgage application to Nationwide 11/4
    Text to confirm instruction to complete valuation and survey 13/4
    Survey and valuation completed 16/4
    Valuation and survey both came back fine (phew) 19/4 - just the standard issues you'd expect with a Victorian terrace.
    Update from MA to say he's in

We continue to wait!
    • mangog
    • By mangog 20th Apr 18, 11:42 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mangog
    Oh, I seem to have hit the button mid-sentence there and can't edit the post for some reason. That last bit should say "in contact with the lender and has sent additional info as requested".
    • Sazzy7
    • By Sazzy7 23rd Apr 18, 3:38 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sazzy7
    Finally owning my first flat looks like it may happen
    My flat buying is going nowhere. I changed mortgage broker after five weeks and getting nowhere, with Halifax constantly reducing the amount they would loan me. New mortgage broker found a mortgage with Leeds but when they looked at the property brochure they decided they didn't like my flat so wouldn't loan me the money, then he went to Ipswich Building Society, who decided after seeing the shared ownership rent that I couldn't afford the flat. Considering I earn around £75k (as a contractor) is ridiculous. I could afford to buy a non-shared ownership place, but it will take me a couple of years to save up that much and I don't want to keep living in a shared rental. If I go and rent somewhere on my own I'll be paying more than my rent and mortgage on a shared ownership.

It is sooooo stressful, haven't had a good night's sleeps in two months, my flat is sat there empty waiting for me to move in and I can't seem to find a lender who will do a shared ownership mortgage for me as a self employed with 1 year accounts (same line of work for 13 years) on a new flat that is in a converted building. Everything seems to be against me getting this flat.
    Originally posted by Sazzy7
    So after silence from me on here since the above post I finally have made progress. I had to pull out of the flat, the broker had found lenders for me, but they didn't like the property because it was a grade II listed conversion. So after two months of struggling, I finally gave up and found a new flat. Here is my new timeline:
    29/03 - instructed the broker to get a AIP on new flat before I reserve
    6/04 - reserved new flat as wanted it off the market
    17/04 - AIP from Newbury Building Society
    20/04 - received paperwork in the post to complete and send back with my documents, which the broker should receive on Tuesday 24/04
    22/04 - received MOS for flat from housing association and solicitor advised on new flat details (solicitor had already completed all of the work on the last flat)

Now I'm waiting for the valuation and to find out how quickly I an move in to my flat. Anyone else here bought a place that was ready to move in and if so, how quickly from getting your mortgage offer to exchanging and completing? I am very much hoping to move in three weeks, but I doubt that is going to happen.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

28Posts Today

2,712Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin