Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 389
    • captainusa
    • By captainusa 4th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    captainusa
    Oh dear! I know the feeling... everything is just dragging. With other peopleís comments with their applications with other lenderís, it makes it worse as it seems to be done from app to offer within a few days!
    Originally posted by ma786
    One of the main reasons I went with Halifax for the second house in a row. Took days the first time a few years ago and is taking days the second time. Only had to produce 1 statement and 1 payslip each time. Probably not the best rate I could have gotten but plan to stay in this house so will shop around when itís time to remortgage!
    • Semple
    • By Semple 5th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Semple
    Currently going through the process, so will add our timeline as it will be interesting to see how long it took from start to finish.

22/03 - Viewing of the house
    23/03 - AIP applied for, and 1st offer submitted
    24/03 - 1st offer rejected, 2nd offer made and accepted
    31/03 - Informed that our vendor has had their offer accepted on the property they wish to buy
    03/04 - mortgage appointment arranged
    05/04 - Obtained quote for solicitor (awaiting welcome pack)
    11/04 - Solicitor pack came through
    12/04 - mortgage appointment
    20/04 - Survey terms agreed
    24/04 - Survey Scheduled
    25/04 - Documents dropped back to Solicitor
    30/04 - Mortgage fully approved
    30/04 - Chased solicitor for an update (waiting on sellers solicitor to provide contract)
    Last edited by Semple; 09-05-2018 at 3:01 PM.
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 5th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 991 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    HampshireH
    Received my offer last night

Student loan company very nearly screwed our chances. Our broker had to intervene with the underwriter.

But all confirmed now. Finally
    • Fenda
    • By Fenda 5th Apr 18, 7:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fenda
    Received my offer last night

Student loan company very nearly screwed our chances. Our broker had to intervene with the underwriter.

But all confirmed now. Finally
    Originally posted by HampshireH
    What happened with your student loan?
    • Fenda
    • By Fenda 5th Apr 18, 7:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fenda
    Updated status:

Mar 21: Offer accepted on property in Scotland
    Mar 23: Mortgage application submitted
    Mar 26: Natwest recieves valuation transcript from solicitor. (Scottish home report)
    Mar 28: Natwest sign off on valuation and request additional documentation.
    Apr 03: Natwest sign off on additional documentation but request one minor alteration to an employment contract.
    Apr 04: Updated documentation sent.
    Apr 04: ... online NatWest tracker has everything marked as Complete but is still in the Assessment & Valuation stage. Perhaps will take a couple more days..
    • ma786
    • By ma786 6th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ma786
    So phoned the MA today as assumed we'd be free and clear having had the valuation as the last step but no apparently because I only provided the first page of my credit card statement which shows my address thats not good enough and they need the second page as well, despite the second page jsut being terms and conditions.

This is now getting beyond a joke. Once this mortgage is in place I will never use TSB again and I'll make sure we remortgage with someone else.

MA moaning it takes 2 hours to get through to them, well sorry mate but thats your job and your the one that suggest TSB in the first place.

Avoid TSB. I'd rather have paid more and got the mortgage quicker! We are suppose to complete Monday so that wont be happening!
    Originally posted by Slick88
    Any progress for you at all?
    • lena_halo
    • By lena_halo 6th Apr 18, 1:35 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    lena_halo
    Joining in !!!55357;!!!56842;

26th March - Viewed house
    27th March - Offer accepted
    31st March - Meeting with Broker to submit application to Nationwide. Solicitors instructed.
    3rd April - text received from Nationwide to confirm our mortgage product has been reserved, application received.
    4th April - Memorandum of Sale received.
    5th April - Confirmed details with solicitors. Received text from a Nationwide to advise valuation report has been received and they!!!8217;re working on it.

Quite please with the speed of things at the moment although I know we are at a very early stage. Eek, so exciting though!

Also selling my leasehold flat (shared ownership) so have a surveyor coming to do a valuation report on Monday for my buyer and then hopefully if all good she will instruct her solicitors and we can all get moving. The people we are buying from are buying a new build though so I hope we don!!!8217;t have too much of a delay with that! They are aiming for completion May/June - I!!!8217;ve told my FTB it!!!8217;s more likely to be June/July!
    • clairey22
    • By clairey22 6th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    clairey22
    Solicitor said she has received offer but Natwest say not issued?
    I am in the process of applying for a transfer of title with Natwest. I applied via phone on Tuesday. I have received the notification that I have passed the credit checks, they have the documents they need and the next step is it would go to the underwriters.

My solicitor has emailed me this morning to say she has received the offer from Natwest. I have emailed my solicitor to find out what exactly the notification said.

I called Natwest as nothing is showing on the online tracker and was told that the application has not even gone to the underwriters yet!

Is it normal practice for them to contact the solicitor before they grant an offer?
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 6th Apr 18, 8:26 PM
    • 991 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    HampshireH
    What happened with your student loan?
    Originally posted by Fenda
    I had to pay it off and the Student Loan Company had to provide evidence I had done so.

16 Working days later (3 weeks) and still nothing despite 2 requests for a fax to be sent to the broker and also a letter sent to myself.

When I called them on the 3rd time they advised they hadn't bothered to do it on either the 1st or 2nd occasion I called and put the request in. Nor had they sent me the letter.

The letter finally came today and the fax yesterday (after I had provided a years worth of payslips, a loan statement from the last Financial year and my bank statements) after I had the offer.

The underwriters were still refusing to offer up to 4pm on the day I got the offer because the SLC weren't confirming full payment had been made.

So frustrating and held everything up by several weeks
    • Coldfy
    • By Coldfy 7th Apr 18, 12:04 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Coldfy
    I had to pay it off and the Student Loan Company had to provide evidence I had done so.

16 Working days later (3 weeks) and still nothing despite 2 requests for a fax to be sent to the broker and also a letter sent to myself.

When I called them on the 3rd time they advised they hadn't bothered to do it on either the 1st or 2nd occasion I called and put the request in. Nor had they sent me the letter.

The letter finally came today and the fax yesterday (after I had provided a years worth of payslips, a loan statement from the last Financial year and my bank statements) after I had the offer.

The underwriters were still refusing to offer up to 4pm on the day I got the offer because the SLC weren't confirming full payment had been made.

So frustrating and held everything up by several weeks
    So frustrating! Do you know why you had to pay off your student loan?
    • Coldfy
    • By Coldfy 7th Apr 18, 12:14 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Coldfy
    Is anyone else applying with Nationwide?

Weíre FTB, 90%LTV

13/3 Text to say application received
    18/3 Text to say valuation booked for 16/3
    18/3 Second text to say valuation booked for 16/3
    21/3 email via broker to request further information (ID, proof of address, deposit etc)
    28/3 All additional info provided (had to wait for some via snail mail as scans not acceptable)

Broker contacted Nationwide on Thursday 5th, and they advised that they wouldnít have an update until next week. They canít confirm if valuation is acceptable or status of application.

Is this speed normal? Iím worried thereís something wrong as its taking much longer than suggested on their website.
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 7th Apr 18, 12:31 PM
    • 991 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    HampshireH
    So frustrating! Do you know why you had to pay off your student loan?
    Originally posted by Coldfy
    Because towards the end they suggest you pay by DD rather than salary so not to overpay. I did this and as a result it had to be cleared.

Neither Broker nor Advisor mentioned this at any stage prior to my application being submitted so it came as a bit of a shock and unexpected lump expense
    • Coldfy
    • By Coldfy 7th Apr 18, 2:21 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Coldfy
    Because towards the end they suggest you pay by DD rather than salary so not to overpay. I did this and as a result it had to be cleared.

Neither Broker nor Advisor mentioned this at any stage prior to my application being submitted so it came as a bit of a shock and unexpected lump expense
    Glad you got it sorted, its not nice to have expensive pop ups during this process!
    • warnerr88
    • By warnerr88 9th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    warnerr88
    Still waiting on our offer, submitted the application with L&C mortgages....initially HSBC offered us £7,000 less than what we want as they disputed my partners basic wage (Tesco!!!8217;s pay holiday pay separate from Basic pay so makes her basic pay look less). Mortgage Advisor got through to the underwriter who then asked for a letter from Tesco confirming her annual salary, so have submitted that letter Aswell as a copy of her contract which confirms her basic salary is what we are saying it is. Advisor submitted this to HSBC dismorning and still waiting for a response.

Just a question, anybody whose used HSBC before know do they make an offer subject to valuation or do the valuation first then make an offer? Been 3 weeks since had offer accepted on the house and the wait is killing me!
    • Littlebird
    • By Littlebird 10th Apr 18, 5:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Littlebird
    Mortgage offer received today! That!!!8217;s 9 working days (bank holidays in the middle) from application in to offer in my hand (inbox).

Also, I have historical adverse credit (3/4 months missed payments on a store card from early 2016) and that didn!!!8217;t seem to bother the lender too much so there is hope for others in my position!

Good luck all.
    • Neo08
    • By Neo08 10th Apr 18, 9:55 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Neo08
    Still waiting on our offer, submitted the application with L&C mortgages....initially HSBC offered us £7,000 less than what we want as they disputed my partners basic wage (Tesco!!!8217;s pay holiday pay separate from Basic pay so makes her basic pay look less). Mortgage Advisor got through to the underwriter who then asked for a letter from Tesco confirming her annual salary, so have submitted that letter Aswell as a copy of her contract which confirms her basic salary is what we are saying it is. Advisor submitted this to HSBC dismorning and still waiting for a response.

Just a question, anybody whose used HSBC before know do they make an offer subject to valuation or do the valuation first then make an offer? Been 3 weeks since had offer accepted on the house and the wait is killing me!
    Originally posted by warnerr88
    I'm just remortgaging with HSBC through L&C. They did a valuation on my house first (26th March) and then I received the offer yesterday (9th April). Obviously, the bank holidays have delayed it a bit.

Hope that helps
    • Smevchenko
    • By Smevchenko 11th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Smevchenko
    Mortgage application for Barclays Springboard Mortgage:

7th Feb - Offer accepted for property
    8th Feb - Instruct solicitor

New customers with Barclays, so need to prove ID and address before an application can be started.
    Not responsible for utilities so no bills for proof of address. Having just moved back with parents, driving licenses have previous address on. My passport had also expired. Apply for new driving license with correct address. Request bank statements from RBS for proof of address. About 10 days later, statements and license received. Go to Barclays to set up our customer details.... wife uses passport for ID, statement for address.... sorted. I use license for ID and statement for address......however, RBS have not sent me a statement, they have sent me a transaction list which is not accepted by Barclays!
    Complain to RBS, who say they will send the correct statement out but will take 7-10 working days. Arrives in 11!
    Go back to Barclays and successfully prove ID and address.

Mar 12th - Application goes in with 3 month statements, 3 wage slips, proof of return wage for wife
    after maternity, 2 years P60's.
    Mar 14th - Credit check carried out and passed, DIP given
    Mar 14th - Instruct solicitor to conduct searches
    Mar 19th - Valuation arranged by Barclays
    Mar 26th - Valuation approved
    Mar 27th - 'Helpful Start account' needs to be opened prior to receiving mortgage offer. This is for 10%
    of purchase price to be placed in for 3 years as part of Springboard Mortgage terms.
    Parent goes to prove ID with Barclays as account is to be in their name. Proof of address
    however has their name spelt wrong!! Request new council tax bill with correct spelling
    Apr 9th - Parent successfully proves ID and address with Barclays.
    Apr 10th - Mortgage adviser contacts me and says underwriters now only need one more item and
    then they will issue mortgage offer. Copy of my passport, which I have now renewed so
    copy sent.
    Apr 11th - Building Survey to be carried out on property

9 weeks from offer accepted to this point!!
    • firstbuyer
    • By firstbuyer 11th Apr 18, 11:09 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    firstbuyer
    Thought I'd chuck in our very sumarrised story here...

10/02 - viewed new build apartment, fell in love and put on hold
    11/02 - broker secured DIP with Halifax but they wanted 8% deposit instead of 5%
    05/03 - secured apartment with £500 deposit
    06/03 - applied for mortgage with adviser
    13/03 - DIP re applied for with different adviser and now Halifax wanted 16% deposit so broker binned that as an option
    14/03 - New DIP agreed with NatWest and application sent
    16/03 - Valuation confirmed asking purchase price was correct
    23/03 - Rejected by Natwest as OH has returned dd's within the last 3 months
    28/03 - Applied to Natwest as a single applicant
    10/04 - Rejected !! Broker phoned and Natwest had made a f*ck up on application so re did the application and now want proof I have paid off CC's before they issue offer...

I don't know if my brain - my heart - or my friends and family can deal with the stress anymore. Just have all my fingers and toes crossed that it will be over this week
    • warnerr88
    • By warnerr88 11th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    warnerr88
    I'm just remortgaging with HSBC through L&C. They did a valuation on my house first (26th March) and then I received the offer yesterday (9th April). Obviously, the bank holidays have delayed it a bit.

Hope that helps
    Originally posted by Neo08
    Thanks, did wonder if they booked the valuation first or waited till application was approved. Haven't heard anything yet though adviser at L&C could be around roughly 4 days or so.
    • ma786
    • By ma786 11th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ma786
    So phoned the MA today as assumed we'd be free and clear having had the valuation as the last step but no apparently because I only provided the first page of my credit card statement which shows my address thats not good enough and they need the second page as well, despite the second page jsut being terms and conditions.

This is now getting beyond a joke. Once this mortgage is in place I will never use TSB again and I'll make sure we remortgage with someone else.

MA moaning it takes 2 hours to get through to them, well sorry mate but thats your job and your the one that suggest TSB in the first place.

Avoid TSB. I'd rather have paid more and got the mortgage quicker! We are suppose to complete Monday so that wont be happening!
    Originally posted by Slick88
    Have you had any update / progress? Surely an offer by now...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,567Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin