Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 382
    • steph2901
    • By steph2901 1st Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    steph2901
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Originally posted by Sazzy7
    Thank you
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 1st Mar 18, 6:04 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    Alarae
    I can finally join in on this board- I certainly need it as I hate waiting!

15 Feb - View house (just back to market), first through the door and offer full asking price
    16 Feb - Offer accepted. AIP via L&C.
    19 Feb - Send all info to broker for full app.
    21 Feb - Try to submit full app- technical glitch.
    23 Feb - Full app finally submitted to Santander.
    26 Feb - Email over extra documents.
    27 Feb - Santander ask for more documents via tracker, no idea what they are. Valuation today.
    28 Feb - Speak to broker, something to do with partners bonus' not showing on last 3 payslips. Say it is an annual bonus and send over last 2 bonus payslips to evidence.

...nothing back as Santander has closed offices for the past two days due to snow.

Hoping that they will offer to us as they are the only lender that will lend over 4.75x with second job income which is from zero hours
    Save 10k in 2018: #58

4,111.44 / 10,000 - 41.11%
    • stripedbanana
    • By stripedbanana 2nd Mar 18, 9:52 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    stripedbanana
    Tentatively dipping a toe into this thread after following it for a while!! Buying in Scotland, if that makes a difference to the order of events!

25/1: First visit to broker
    6/2: AIP from Natwest
    8/2: Viewed house #1
    9/2: Solicitor appointed. Closing date for house #1, outbid
    16/2: Viewed and offered on house #2
    19/2: Offer rejected
    27/2: Second offer on house #2
    28/2: Closing date offer accepted (yay!)

Have appointment with broker next week (once we're no longer snowed in - worst timing ever!!) to put in full application. Nervous! No idea what kind of timeline to expect so planning to ride out the rollercoaster in here
    • Blueoctopus
    • By Blueoctopus 2nd Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Blueoctopus
    Hi,

Nervously joining the thread here, applied to Nationwide for a genuine bargain price mortgage on Feb 22nd, through a broker, a hard credit check was done, more documents were requested on 23rd Feb.
    No valuation has been booked, I know as we are buying from my parents and already rent the house from them.
    Fingers firmly crossed as we are right at the limit of affordability (despite the payments being 200 less than we've been paying in rent for over a decade - but that's another rant).
    I am a bit worried about the lack of valuation though as everybody else seems to have valuations booked very swiftly with nationwide.
    • ashe
    • By ashe 2nd Mar 18, 4:27 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    ashe
    Hi,

Nervously joining the thread here, applied to Nationwide for a genuine bargain price mortgage on Feb 22nd, through a broker, a hard credit check was done, more documents were requested on 23rd Feb.
    No valuation has been booked, I know as we are buying from my parents and already rent the house from them.
    Fingers firmly crossed as we are right at the limit of affordability (despite the payments being 200 less than we've been paying in rent for over a decade - but that's another rant).
    I am a bit worried about the lack of valuation though as everybody else seems to have valuations booked very swiftly with nationwide.
    Originally posted by Blueoctopus
    Give them a ring and ask?
    • Blueoctopus
    • By Blueoctopus 2nd Mar 18, 4:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Blueoctopus
    I have rung the broker but they haven't been in for a couple of days because of the weather, hopefully she will be in on Monday.
    • RaRasputin
    • By RaRasputin 2nd Mar 18, 11:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RaRasputin
    I thought Id update, posted a few months back... still waiting, but nearly there!

Found Property 1, put an offer on, it was accepted in September 2017.
    Mortgage offered with non high street Building Society.
    Valuation happened, mortgage turned down as property near commercial property.
    Halifax offered mortgage, valuation was fine!
    Survey threw up all sorts of issues, we couldn't agree on price, so I walked away in December.

Property 2 I offered on just before Christmas and it was accepted!
    Mortgage offered again with same non high street building society who said AGAIN they would not lend as they were concerned it was not worth the value offered.
    Now Barclays have agreed in principle, so waiting until valuation happens in 1 week and if they indeed accept me and the property.

Start of Feb - Barclays agreed fully, but when valuation happened, they said property was worth 15k less.
    Back and forth with vendor and agreed a new sale purchase
    Mid Feb - new offer, incorrect details from Barclays, waited for new paperwork
    End of Feb - signed, sent deposit, but due to snow, my contract not arrived to solicitor!

So, very very nearly there now, hopefully exchange next week and complete mid to late March!
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 4th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Maka344
    UPDATE:

23rd Jan Full Application
    25th Jan Valuation instructed
    29th Jan Valuation completed
    31st Jan Valuation accepted by CB and broker said they are willing to lend at the requested amount
    7th Feb Broker requested declaration and direct debit mandate to be signed and a copy of my employment contract (requested by CB)
    12th Feb husband hard credit search but nothing on my file
    14th Feb CB requested details of my employment history and my last two year p60's
    20th Broker told us that CB have verbally told him it is approved over the phone and offer should be the end of the week but of course, they are Scotland based and they have been impacted by the snow. My broker keeps saying as of yet, there's no offer and won't commit to anything beyond that. So we are a little confused and really need to arrange the building survey
    • ashe
    • By ashe 4th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    ashe
    UPDATE:

23rd Jan Full Application
    25th Jan Valuation instructed
    29th Jan Valuation completed
    31st Jan Valuation accepted by CB and broker said they are willing to lend at the requested amount
    7th Feb Broker requested declaration and direct debit mandate to be signed and a copy of my employment contract (requested by CB)
    12th Feb husband hard credit search but nothing on my file
    14th Feb CB requested details of my employment history and my last two year p60's
    20th Broker told us that CB have verbally told him it is approved over the phone and offer should be the end of the week but of course, they are Scotland based and they have been impacted by the snow. My broker keeps saying as of yet, there's no offer and won't commit to anything beyond that. So we are a little confused and really need to arrange the building survey
    Originally posted by Maka344
    You can always ring them yourself to confirm
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 4th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Maka344
    They wont speak to me. Only the broker...
    • allyant
    • By allyant 5th Mar 18, 10:22 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    allyant
    Morning folks, does anyone who has applied with Barclays know if the application is agreed pending on valuation report once the valuation has been requested?
    • cbullock
    • By cbullock 5th Mar 18, 12:17 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cbullock
    Allyant, shortly after we applied, our broker told us "Your credit search with Barclays has been successful and your mortgage is approved subject to underwriting (verifying your data and documents) and property valuation." if that helps?
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 5th Mar 18, 1:14 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Maka344
    Update.

Hard offer received!

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone going through the process.
    • cosygoals
    • By cosygoals 5th Mar 18, 2:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cosygoals
    Lurker of the board - joining in to share my tale!

A month ago we hadn't even thought about buying a house.. a house in the village has been on the market for 5 years and my husband had ignored my hints and requests to think about it. I gave him some calculations that soon got him interested on the 8th of February.

8th of February called the agent for the house and was told that a offer had been accepted in August and were still holding the property sale for them to save a deposit!! I called them back and asked if they would give that couple a deadline and the agreed. Monday!
    8th of February 2018 - AIP Secured with London & Country
    14th February 2018 - Viewed the property
    15th February - Offer placed and accepted (98,000)
    16th February - TSB decline on soft credit search
    19th February - Natwest happy after credit search
    26th February - Valuation done and valued at 98k. Mortgage is 93,100.
    1st March - Full application with the underwriters.
    ..........Waiting for Mortgage offer
    Slimming world member since Jan 2018 - lost 8lbs so far!
    On First Time House Buying mission
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 5th Mar 18, 9:35 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    Alarae
    Small update... application passed to underwriters late today. Santander are currently looking at applications from 27 Feb so maybe we will hear by the end of the week?
    Save 10k in 2018: #58

4,111.44 / 10,000 - 41.11%
    • Sazmag96
    • By Sazmag96 6th Mar 18, 5:14 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sazmag96
    Allyant

I was told by my broker that my mortgage had "been approved pending valuation" but when I posted that on here I was told that was impossible and it couldn't be approved without a valuation

Seems to be a common theme that brokers are telling us all this
    • steph2901
    • By steph2901 6th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    steph2901
    Precise have taken my 410 valuation fee, I hope that's a good sign!
    • happytails
    • By happytails 6th Mar 18, 8:35 PM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 9,224 Thanks
    happytails
    We were on this thread back in Jul 17 when we were awaiting a mortgage for the house we were buying. We got accepted but our buyer pulled out. No luck securing another buyer so decided to take it off the market, refinance and release equity to do the house up & pay some debts. So here we are remortgaging

28th Feb - Contacted broker
    5th Mar - Broker speaks to Nationwide - they wont lend us the equity to 90% ltv, so no good.
    6th Mar - Broker does AIP with Virgin. We decide to go with them
    6th Mar - Application submitted.

Now we wait
    Sarah,

Trying to move up the house ladder in 2018, running a business with 3 kids in tow & slowly going crazy!
    Member No43 - % Challenge
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 7th Mar 18, 2:43 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    We were on this thread back in Jul 17 when we were awaiting a mortgage for the house we were buying. We got accepted but our buyer pulled out. No luck securing another buyer so decided to take it off the market, refinance and release equity to do the house up & pay some debts. So here we are remortgaging

28th Feb - Contacted broker
    5th Mar - Broker speaks to Nationwide - they wont lend us the equity to 90% ltv, so no good.
    6th Mar - Broker does AIP with Virgin. We decide to go with them
    6th Mar - Application submitted.

Now we wait
    Originally posted by happytails
    Hi Happytails. WB! We just mentioned you today in the other forum. Was wondering what happened with you. Nice to see you back and glad you found a way that will work for you. Sometimes some things happen for the best. We cant see it at the time but later on realise why something wasnt meant for us x good luck with the mortgage application
    • Roo89
    • By Roo89 7th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Roo89
    I'm another one who has been reading for a while but finally can post - yay

Got our DIP with Nationwide 30/01/18
    Offer Accepted on house 12/02/18
    Mortgage Application Submitted 22/02/18
    Valuation and Survey completed 27/02/18
    NW required more documents (sent back same day) 02/03/18

Just sitting and waiting is torture, and we've not had much communication from anyone as to what to expect, we're FTB's and I'm a bit of a control freak so having to wait for answers is driving me mad lol
    Last edited by Roo89; 07-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

6,204Users online

Martin's Twitter