Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 340
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 15th Jun 17, 4:34 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    After nearly 9 weeks since putting our application in, we finally got the offer yesterday!!!!! Well it's on it's way to us in the post!!

    I'm so happy!! So much stuff went wrong with Nationwide. I had convinced myself it wasn't going to happen!

    But now I'm back to being clueless as to what happens next.. I called the solicitor this morning and they said they will get the ball rolling with the searches.

    Do I just sit and wait now?
    Originally posted by KatieLou04
    Whilst I was waiting for my searches to come back I was sent various bits of paperwork to sign by my solicitor. Other than that there's not much to do at this stage apart from wait, unless you're arranging a survey to be done (if it's not done already).
    I originally only had the valuation with Nationwide so then needed to arrange a home buyers survey as advised by my solicitor.
    • KatieLou04
    • By KatieLou04 15th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ahh okay, I will just attempt to wait patiently for paperwork to arrive in the post!

    We've also had the nationwide survey but it's a new build so I'm hoping we don't need another one!
    • LadyL2013
    • By LadyL2013 15th Jun 17, 5:29 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    Got to valuation stage with Halifax before last month, but seller pulled out day before it was due to take place so I'm hoping the fact it got to valuation stage before is a good sign. Now had offer accepted on new property.

    Already have had my AIP.

    05/06/17 Broker sent off for full application.
    06/06/17 Broker called to confirm everything had been accepted and would be now looked at by the mortgage team. Confirmed that fee paid for previous valuation had now been transferred over to the new property.

    And this is the stage where I am at. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hear about each individual stage or if I'll just get a call once the valuation is done.

    Everything is crossed.
    Originally posted by LadyL2013
    RECEIVED MY FULL MORTGAGE OFFER TODAY! \For the full amount I asked for. So relieved!

    So my timeline looks like this:

    27/05/17 Viewed property
    27/05/2017 Initial offer made
    29/05/2017 Was told someone else had bid higher and asked if I wanted to increase.
    29/05/2017 Best and final offers requested.
    01/06/2017 Offer accepted.
    05/06/2017 Full application sent off.
    06/06/2017 Call to say everything had gone through and initial stages had been approved.
    13/06/2017 Valuation done
    15/06/2017 Full offer received (currently in the post)

    Very happy lady now. Will instruct solicitors and let them do their thing.

    Now just wondering what's going to go wrong. It's hard to know how 'safe' you are at this point.
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 15th Jun 17, 11:07 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    Ahh okay, I will just attempt to wait patiently for paperwork to arrive in the post!

    We've also had the nationwide survey but it's a new build so I'm hoping we don't need another one!
    Originally posted by KatieLou04
    If they've done a survey then you won't need another, I just had the free valuation with nationwide so then I needed to find an independent surveyor to do my survey.
    Really, I should have upgraded to a homebuyers survey with nationwide but I didn't know what I was doing and went the long way round
    • mazzyp
    • By mazzyp 16th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Hey SparklyD so our valuation was done on 8th June and I had the paperwork in my hand last night, so around 5 working days!

    Hopefully yours should be any day now xxx
    • SparklyD
    • By SparklyD 16th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ohhh CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope so! Broker just called to ask for my declaration form again as he didn't see it when I sent it the other night.. valuation is back so hopefully just a few more days!! So nervous xxx
    • Pigmyhippo
    • By Pigmyhippo 16th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Joining this thread. We have just completed on the sale of our house today and are in rented for 4-6 months while we wait for the new build we have reserved to be built.
    We have had past credit issues (Multiple defaults due to drop off between now and Sept, 8 in total and late payments from the same period) and I am director of Ltd co. so we engaged the services of a broker. We had spoken to him before progressing with our house sale, and he was confident that he could place us somewhere (high street if possible, but definitely sub prime if not).
    Our timeline is as follows;

    08/06/17 - DIP with Natwest applied for and passed.
    09/06/17 - Help to Buy authority to proceed applied for by broker
    09/06/17 - Full application submitted and documents sent to broker to forward to Natwest.
    10/06/17 - Valuation fee taken by Natwest
    12/06/17 - Help to Buy authority to proceed received
    13/06/17 - Further documents requested by Natwest
    14/06/17 - Valuation carried out
    15/06/17 - Valuation confirmed as received by Natwest to be assessed within the next 48 hours.

    Just waiting to see now if any further information is going to be required, and if any issues are going to be thrown up.
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 16th Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 339 Thanks
    I guess I can join this thread now...!

    We had our meeting with our broker today and he doesn't have any concerns about anything we discussed so I suddenly feel more optimistic that we may be able to buy a home to call our own.

    Also had a really positive chat with our current landlord who seems happy for us to have some flexibility going into the next few months.

    May 28th - provisionally reserved plot (new build)
    May 29th - decision in principle including credit check from Santander
    June 16th - meeting with broker and mortgage selected. Gifted deposit letter to be completed
    June 19th - mortgage broker will be submitting full application

    Aiming for exchange in mid August to move in October/November sometime!
    • toc25
    • By toc25 18th Jun 17, 11:41 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    Anyone else getting their mortgage from Natwest? I got my mortgage offer a week a go and on the mortgage tracker it said they had reviewed the valuation just before they issued the offer. Yesterday I signed back in to the mortgage tracker (wish I hadn't now) and on the 16th they had added a note saying they are reviewing the valuation this is on stage 4 not the valuation stage. Why in earth would they be reviewing the valuation again a week after they have issued the offer? Should I be worried?
    • sugarcube84
    • By sugarcube84 19th Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 542 Posts
    • 553 Thanks
    We met with our broker on Friday to go through the mortgage illustration and different options, so we have chosen our mortgage and know what our payment will be and its 60 less than I've budgeted for, woohoo He has also reviewed the supporting documents I sent across, payslips, statements etc and he said it was all fine so we are good to go. He has an admin team who double check the supporting documents prior to application so that will happen today/tomorrow and then they should be submitting the application Tues/Weds.

    I spoke to our buyer/vendors (house swap) on Saturday and they don't need a mortgage but we aren't holding anything up as they haven't received their client pack from their solicitors yet as he has been on holiday.
    DFD September 2017
    • Newtown
    • By Newtown 20th Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Update :

    Mortgage Approved yesterday : 19/06/2017
    Offer is in post

    Now the real fun begins !
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 20th Jun 17, 2:18 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    I think we can join in with this post to:-

    10/05/17 - Contacted broker
    22/05/17 - Completed Fact Find and Sent over Documents/Evidence
    26/05/17 - AIP Granted by Santander
    12/06/17 - Made Offer on Property
    13/06/17 - Offer Accepted :-)
    20/06/17 - Full Application Submitted to Santander

    Fingers crossed!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 20th Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 339 Thanks
    Hi jarshay - looks like we are both on similar timelines with Santander. My application went in on Monday 19th! :-)
    • Missymae0
    • By Missymae0 20th Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    I'm going to join the waiting game with you all. Timeline looks a bit like this;

    AIP: 5th June
    Reserved house (new build): 8th June
    Full application submitted: 13th June
    Valuation fee paid: 14th June
    Extra info requested and returned: 19th June

    Fingers crossed we will know more this week, completion set for 28th July

    • Df26
    • By Df26 20th Jun 17, 6:51 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    I will koom you guys

    Mortgage from TSB through the branch. Our Advisor was ok through first steps.
    Now we have a problem.
    The offer we have been told was issued and out via post on Tuesday 13th June. We still not recive it yet week after.
    I have been checking the credit score and it dont recorded any searches.
    I have tired to contract our MA since yesterday but not result.
    Can you give me advice how long it will take to get the official letter?
    Big thanks.
    • Jb_1982
    • By Jb_1982 20th Jun 17, 7:43 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    never sold before!!
    Didn't realise this thread existed, think this is where I belong... here goes:

    My journey so far:

    30th May 2017
    Ring estate agent and tell them I want to sell house.

    2nd June 2017
    House photos taken, and go to view a house that we would like to buy.

    5th June 2017
    Put offer on house for asking price, along with 3 others. Goes to sealed bids. Sealed bid given.

    7th June 2017
    House is live, for sale.

    8th June 2017
    Have 4 viewings on house.

    9th June 2017
    Have cash bid for asking Price, one viewing, also have sealed bid accepted.

    10th June 2017
    4 viewings.

    12th June 2017
    1 offer below asking price on my house. Vendor still hasn't found house.

    13th June 2017
    Accept Cash offer for asking price on our house sale. Appointed Solicitors to sell/purchase house.

    14th June 2017
    Solicitors paperwork arrived in post.

    20th June 2017
    Returned solicitors paperwork.

    All hands to the pump recently with the solicitors 'war and peace' to fill in. Still waiting on the vendors to find somewhere to move to. I have it on good authority they will move... I've arranged an appointment with broker for 1st July for mortgage application!!! Daunting prospect!!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 20th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Hi jarshay - looks like we are both on similar timelines with Santander. My application went in on Monday 19th! :-)
    Originally posted by SuboJvR
    Fingers crossed for us both! Hope those guys at Santander just whizz through our applications and pass them no questions asked!
    • Df26
    • By Df26 20th Jun 17, 11:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Newton can you please post it here when you will receive offer in writing please.
    • GeoffSpar8
    • By GeoffSpar8 21st Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    My contribution to this thread...

    Halifax mortgage

    DIP - 16/06/17
    Application submitted - 20/06/17
    Hard credit check - 20/06/17

    awaiting valuation....
    • JBOW00
    • By JBOW00 21st Jun 17, 1:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    I have been following this forum for last few weeks and thought I would share my mortgage timescales as well.

    I applied with HSBC via a broker on 20th of May
    More bank statements and payslips were requested from HSBC 8th of June
    I went into HSBC branch as I was concerned the length of time this has taken on 20th of June. They rang the underwriters and my mortgage broker and said they couldn't see why it was being held up.
    Then 5pm on 20th of June, my broker received a phone call from HSBC saying I had been approved subject to valuation.
    Then today (21st) HSBC contacted my estate agent and has arranged for valuation 22nd of June.

    Hope this helps someone else who is going through similar mortgage process, as this forum has been great for us to follow last few weeks. thanks everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

298Posts Today

4,286Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin