The dreaded D word

Options

Comments

• onedaysomeday
    Options
    I have a few accounts for different bits which is something I've set up recently
    I have a second current account that I used to save up for the car and will be used for purchases I save for, deliberately has no online banking access so i cant just ping money back over
    I have 2 barclays savers that were linked to an old (now closed) account that receive money for gifts in one and car maintenance/dentist etc in the other
    And lastly a Tesco Saver for an EF :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on only two cards.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Thanks Beanie

OneDay - I think having accounts that I don't have access to would be great for me too, it's so easy to move money back over to spend when it's all with one bank I might have a look at setting up at least I saving account with a separate bank. Thanks for the great idea
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    You're welcome! If I ever feel tempted I just give the physical card to someone else, and I also keep OH's credit cards so he doesn't spend recklessly but they are there for emergencies :rotfl:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    I've just put one of my cleared cards into a draw so it's only there to be used for a balance transfer if I really need it.

Payday yesterday and I lowered my planned payments this month in favour of increasing my planned spend/emergency fund, I really do need another savings account! So i'll update my signature later with payments and balance transfer shuffles.

In other news my car is still in the garage, dropped it off Wednesday morning and it's still there I don't think anybody even looked at it on Wednesday or Thursday, hopefully it'll be sorted out today. I live a good few miles from my nearest town so it's quite inconvenient not having it plus I've not been able to get to the office for work so I've had to work from home instead which is ok, but it's a bit boring and lonely after a day or two!
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    I got my car back and the garage couldn't find anything wrong, so they put some extra oil in it but they haven't charged me anything yet. They said drive it around for a few days and see what happens.

Also my pay rise only actually added £7 on my wage, but my contribution to my student loan has gone up about £5 and I think there is more money going to my pension. I'm going to get out last months pay slip out this evening and have a look

It's shaping up to be a bit more of an expensive month as I have to pay £110 to my old gas and electric supplier as we have been using more than anticipated but it's not surprising with all the snow that we had, I had quite a lot of days working from home and needed the heating on
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Good news - my dogs tumour is benign, so he can have an operation to have it removed and he should be as good a new!

We have also reduced the price of our property by £3,000 so hopefully we might get a few more people coming to view and an offer

I have opened a second savings account and transferred the money I'm saving for my holiday into one and the emergency savings/annual insurance pot has everything else in, I was hoping to be able to pay off the holiday bit by bit but they payment needs to be made in one go so I'll have to save it all up and not touch it, at least my accounts will look very healthy
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    I updated my signatures as well but changed how I'm recording the outstanding amounts, I just want the totals as it makes more sense to me and I'll delete the cards when I've paid them off
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Feeling really fed up with everything at the moment, still 2 weeks till payday and really want to have a spend and treat myself to some nice things. Maybe I'll just be practical and book my MOT, it's due next month but I can get it done this month then at least it's out the way for another 12months
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am totally skint at the moment too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure