The dreaded D word

Options

Comments

• onedaysomeday
    Options
    I agree! I spend so long looking at my budget spreadsheet waiting for payday to come around to actually update anything :rotfl:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    So I have my fingers crossed this week that I'll receive my salary review letter and hopefully it'll say I've got a pay rise, I wasn't really expecting it but any extra will be nice and it'll be in this months pay, also I think a bonus of 5% is given but I'm not sure when that's paid so I'll start to have a think about what to do with it
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Yay for a bonus - I need to find a job that does that :) hope you get a pay rise!
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Pay rise confirmed of £700 which is good so now just waiting for confirmation of a bonus but I think this more likely to be next month.

In other news we have booked a holiday for September so I need to do a bit of careful budgeting to cover it but I can't wait
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Feeling massively stressed and anxious today, had a problem with my car this morning and had to call the recovery company to come look at it and they got me going again (only took this out a month ago as my car is getting older), but my car is going into the garage on Wednesday to be looked at and hopefully fixed but it's another expense I really don't need at the moment.
    It really fells like there is too much going on at the moment, my dog has a tumour and is going in for a biopsy tomorrow, I'm so worried about him. We have insurance to cover the cost but that's with the vets to do their bit before it gets sent to the insurance company (I'm assuming it'll get sent off sometime soon when they know what the treatment will be etc.)
    Still trying to sell the house but not much is happening at the moment, we've had a few viewing and an offer but it was ridiculously low. Also because we want to move we can't really change the car (if we weren't looking to move I would have looked at changing the car early this year as I feel it's going to need more repairs going forward) because I want to keep our affordability good for the mortgage application and I don't want to have to delay if somebody decided to put in a good offer on the house tomorrow but I've just taken out a personal loan for a newer car.
    Finally we want to have children and because it's not happened for us yet, it really feels like life is on hold waiting for something that might not happen, and this makes me feel sad :(

Sorry for the long ranty post but I have a few things going on and I need to get it all out
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Fingers crossed things turn around soon for you - I often find everything happens at once when you're waiting for lots of things to happen so hopefully this is soon for you :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cars are money pits :(
    Sorry about your dog :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Thanks Beanielou and Oneday

Taken my dog to the vets today for his biopsy and he was shaking like a leaf poor little guy, I'll be glad to pick him up this afternoon. It's so quiet in the house without him
    Feeling a bit more positive about things today after yesterdays mini melt down and only 2 days to payday so I know what my new wage will be and i'm going to make a note of the deductions like student loan repayments and how much get paid into my pension
    I actually need to have a look at my pensions ( I have a collection of about 5 now) and see if it's possible and worthwhile to put them into 1 pot? (want to put a thinking smiley here but I don't know how!)
    Anyway on wards and upwards (and downwards with the debt)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :think: :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    I've transfer the balances of a couple of my smaller credit cards to my Barclaycard as the 0% was due to run out in a couple of months and with some annual payments coming out in June I wanted to make sure that I would have enough money to cover them. There is my car MOT and whatever work needs doing to it, car insurance, house insurance and i need to save some spending money from my holiday. I think it'll be good to have just 2 credit cards as I can see more of an impact when i'm paying them off so tomorrow i'll update my signature again when I've made my payments and I might add my savings pot as well
    Thinking about it I could do with a couple of extra account 1 purely for emergency funds, 1 for annual payments and a 3rd for holiday money. I think i'll have to write down what lives where tomorrow until I can open a couple of extra accounts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family