Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jun 13, 11:04 AM
    • 20,200Posts
    • 31,874Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs
    • 19th Jun 13, 11:04 AM
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs 19th Jun 13 at 11:04 AM
    It seems to be kicking off a bit on Aldi's Facebook Page. Aldi seems to be reaping the rewards of their contract with PE

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] (and as their Agents, bringing Aldi closer to having to account for all this).

Major bad publicity. If you can add to it, go for it.

Aldi Facebook
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 21-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Page 122
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 3rd Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 37,875 Posts
    • 22,006 Thanks
    Quentin
    You need to start your own thread to get advice.

First read up on set aside - you have misunderstood the previous posts you have read After a successful set aside the ccj gets removed from all records
    Last edited by Quentin; 03-01-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    • Kerrielynn
    • By Kerrielynn 9th Nov 18, 11:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kerrielynn
    Parking eye
    I have just received a parking charge of parking eye stating my car was parked in Aldi car park all night for 16 hours from 7.45 on the 30/10 2018 till 12 33 on the 31/10 2018 now on the 31 /10 I was in work for 5.45 in the morning so how could my car be there when it was in work with me we shop Most days in Aldi I am disabled and I need my car every day and I would never leave my car anywhere over night any advice or what to do the only place my car is ever parked overnight is out side my home they definitely got their facts wrong here thank you
    Last edited by Kerrielynn; 09-11-2018 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Wrong word
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Nov 18, 11:25 AM
    • 20,200 Posts
    • 31,874 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Wow - a bit of a raise from the grave! This was my first thread on here when I seriously started to get involved in this stuff!

Go and complain to the Aldi manager. This looks like a double-dip ANPR event (yet another one by PE) where your first entry was captured, your first exit (on day one) missed, your second entry (the following day) missed and your second exit captured by the cameras, giving the illusion that your vehicle was there overnight.

If the approach to the manager (take receipts/bank/cc statements to prove loyal custom) doesn't work, then Aldi has a special parking department at their HQ who will sort this out.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    • 2,134 Posts
    • 2,580 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Wow - a bit of a raise from the grave! This was my first thread on here when I seriously started to get involved in this stuff!

Go and complain to the Aldi manager. This looks like a double-dip ANPR event (yet another one by PE) where your first entry was captured, your first exit (on day one) missed, your second entry (the following day) missed and your second exit captured by the cameras, giving the illusion that your vehicle was there overnight.

If the approach to the manager (take receipts/bank/cc statements to prove loyal custom) doesn't work, then Aldi has a special parking department at their HQ who will sort this out.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

then Aldi has a special parking department at their HQ who will sort this out.
    remind Parking eye that no cases on Aldi land will be subject to court action
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 10th Nov 18, 7:10 AM
    • 249 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    If Aldi don't want their customers to be taken to court why are they employing Parking Eye? I live a mile away from a small town/village that now has an Aldi. Aldi have imposed the 90 min. time limit yet there is absolutely no need. The station car parking is free. The Coop has four hours mainly because of people using the station and parking there all day. Tesco (which is a large car park) is free. There was no need for these restrictions. Even in the week running up to Christmas and Christmas Eve there is never any problem with parking.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 10th Nov 18, 8:27 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 742 Thanks
    steve1500
    Most PE signs I've seen in an Aldi car park are at least 10 feet off the ground & the important stuff is in font 2
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Nov 18, 8:51 AM
    • 10,528 Posts
    • 10,373 Thanks
    The Deep
    Sooner or later Aldi will realise that the only people who benefit from their use of PE are Lidl.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Nov 18, 8:53 AM
    • 20,200 Posts
    • 31,874 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They seem to be installing very small signs, not a great deal larger than A4. Maybe it's a ploy to sidestep the advertising consent requirements?

Should be a winning signage point at POPLA - but I don't expect PE will worry too much about that - there'll be plenty paying them without argument.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-11-2018 at 9:22 AM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Nov 18, 9:07 AM
    • 9,250 Posts
    • 12,180 Thanks
    beamerguy
    If Aldi don't want their customers to be taken to court why are they employing Parking Eye? I live a mile away from a small town/village that now has an Aldi. Aldi have imposed the 90 min. time limit yet there is absolutely no need. The station car parking is free. The Coop has four hours mainly because of people using the station and parking there all day. Tesco (which is a large car park) is free. There was no need for these restrictions. Even in the week running up to Christmas and Christmas Eve there is never any problem with parking.
    Originally posted by Snakes Belly
    No doubt they were sold this pup by an ex double glazing salesman on the pretence of abuse. Aldi would be entangled with a contract from PE

All Aldi achieve from this is telling their customers "we really don't you to spend all your money with us ..... after 90 mins, pi*s off and shop somewhere else"
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,075Posts Today

8,359Users online

Martin's Twitter