Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alexelisey
    • By Alexelisey 14th Jun 13, 12:50 PM
    • 392Posts
    • 4,136Thanks
    Alexelisey
    Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs
    • 14th Jun 13, 12:50 PM
    Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs 14th Jun 13 at 12:50 PM
    Here's the new Daydreamers thread, all nice and shiny!

Welcome one and all, tell us your highs and lows, you'll always find someone to congratulate or commiserate!

Here's to the next 10,000 posts...

Here is the old thread if you want to wade through 510 pages of it:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953
    Last edited by Alexelisey; 16-06-2013 at 7:15 AM. Reason: Changed the title to be less miserable :)
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
Page 1
  • Itismehonest
    • 14th Jun 13, 1:06 PM
    • 14th Jun 13, 1:06 PM
    Thanks for the new thread, Alex & let's hope this one brings even more daydreams to fruition ....... including yours & mine

Love the title
    • Alexelisey
    • By Alexelisey 14th Jun 13, 1:20 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 4,136 Thanks
    Alexelisey
    • 14th Jun 13, 1:20 PM
    • 14th Jun 13, 1:20 PM
    Thanks for the new thread, Alex & let's hope this one brings even more daydreams to fruition ....... including yours & mine
    Originally posted by Itismehonest
    Mine is definitely still a WIP but I'm closer than I was a few months ago Who knows, by the end of the year I might have it within reach *crosses fingers*
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 14th Jun 13, 4:03 PM
    • 29,958 Posts
    • 103,250 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 14th Jun 13, 4:03 PM
    • 14th Jun 13, 4:03 PM

Here is the old thread if you want to wade through 510 pages of it:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953
    Originally posted by Alexelisey
    And here is the original one for the real masochists among you...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1544047
    We have removed your signature - Hmm....so you have.

The Warning: the most original and exciting new rock band on You Tube? You decide.
    • stitching witch
    • By stitching witch 14th Jun 13, 8:52 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 8,253 Thanks
    stitching witch
    • 14th Jun 13, 8:52 PM
    • 14th Jun 13, 8:52 PM
    And here is the original one for the real masochists among you...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1544047
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Oh my word, I'm on the first page of that one!!!
    Making magic with fabric

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    • alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 14th Jun 13, 10:52 PM
    • 5,822 Posts
    • 46,905 Thanks
    alfie 1
    • 14th Jun 13, 10:52 PM
    • 14th Jun 13, 10:52 PM
    oh.....i dont like the title !! doom and gloom or what !!

wheres the positive gone.....

i know i feel poorly but now im depressed...
    • Alexelisey
    • By Alexelisey 15th Jun 13, 6:57 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 4,136 Thanks
    Alexelisey
    • 15th Jun 13, 6:57 AM
    • 15th Jun 13, 6:57 AM
    I didn't mean it to be all doom and gloom. We all know that sometimes there are rough patches - it's those that make us appreciate the good times! I can try and change it if everyone thinks it should be a more upbeat title?
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Jun 13, 8:23 AM
    • 29,958 Posts
    • 103,250 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 15th Jun 13, 8:23 AM
    • 15th Jun 13, 8:23 AM
    We all say the nightmare thing sometimes. Me especially. But then, sometimes it is.

Maybe something like".....Not All Roses Round The Door." might convey the same sort of message, but in a less full-on way.

The Warning: the most original and exciting new rock band on You Tube? You decide.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Jun 13, 8:26 AM
    • 29,958 Posts
    • 103,250 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 15th Jun 13, 8:26 AM
    • 15th Jun 13, 8:26 AM
    Originally posted by stitching witch
    ....And I must say your avatar has improved immensely since then!

• Rummer
    • By Rummer 15th Jun 13, 9:35 AM
    • 6,427 Posts
    • 37,994 Thanks
    Rummer
    Originally posted by stitching witch
    So am I , I feel so lucky to have been part of this group and adventure from the very beginning!

CTC Those piglets are gorgeous!

The rain is teeming down today and our front lawn appears to be turning into a bit of a wildflower meadow I had hoped to cut it today however it will have to be lush and tall for a bit longer.

Last week we went to my favourite local gardens, it is quite a small area however they have divided it beautifully into different sections with very varied planting that all seems to tie together. They do a number of talks throughout the year and I think I will try to pop along to some to get some inspiration.

I have made a small start on the savings fund and am determined to keep on track. We have earmarked a few pieces to sell and I am hugely cutting back the food bills which should help. Limited time means exploring other things is unlikely we will just have to make what we already have work harder for us Not sure if it is just me but I always find the summer a good time to save so I am hoping to make good head way between now and Oct.

Due to have a bit more time soon and I am determined to get the garden sorted (where have we heard that one before )
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
    • rozeepozee
    • By rozeepozee 15th Jun 13, 2:36 PM
    • 1,969 Posts
    • 16,696 Thanks
    rozeepozee
    Do we get a telegram from the Queen when we reach 30,000 posts? Or Martin Lewis?!

Nothing but wind and rain here at the moment.

My twins are "performing" in Puss in Boots at Theatr Mwldan tonight for the local dance troupe. That should be interesting...

Hehe, I really must change my avatar.....
    • lostinrates
    • By lostinrates 15th Jun 13, 2:43 PM
    • 53,939 Posts
    • 342,716 Thanks
    lostinrates
    Thanks for the new thread,:
    Originally posted by Itismehonest
    Oops, posted on old one,

Copy and paste from there

The red rose my north garden was born to house has flowered for the first time, and looks perfect growing throug its salmony neighbour

On topic, one red pear growing this year

• alfie 1
    • By alfie 1 15th Jun 13, 3:30 PM
    • 5,822 Posts
    • 46,905 Thanks
    alfie 1
    good day to you all.

ive just finished doing my "anorak" duties on the railway. as i left so the train'y people turned up...

i have just been offered/tempted by the tale of a storage container full of OLD african furniture that they want shot of....
    i have the storage now...
    am awaiting pictures of whats inside and as they are paying 100 a month storage fees [last 2 years] will be cheap...

am i tempted...

my head is banging today and im still feeling like sh*te . not able to go to scotland now.. as i need to have another scan.
    only did work on railway as id promised and really didnt feel like it but 's ......

im sat looking at an overgrown hedge and a hedge cutter....... not sure if i will over do myself but it needs doing........

my umpf has umpfed off...
    • lostinrates
    • By lostinrates 15th Jun 13, 3:38 PM
    • 53,939 Posts
    • 342,716 Thanks
    lostinrates

my umpf has umpfed off...
    Originally posted by alfie 1
    That doesn't sound like you!

Good luck with the scan.

You remember my snow detector nipples? It turns out I have actually developed reynaud's syndrome but just of the nipples. . Seriously, that's so typical of me its ridiculous. Anyway, it won't kill me, and I can stop worrying about snow in June, . I do have to be wary of cold weather though. This means summer should be delightful, but oh no, because I have also developed rosacea this summer......so I am allergic to the sun as well as the cold

Thankfully, neither are serious conditions, and I'm finding the whole thing mildly amusing rather than fundamentally horrifying, .
  • Itismehonest
    Weather has a lot to answer for, doesn't it?

I just feel like I live in 95% winter. Being really miserable, sorry, I'll point out that this time next week the days start to shorten.

We've both got 'heavy' heads at the moment from the low pressure & constant strong winds blowing. I really need to be able to get some decent sun (without ticks) to help the skin & lift the spirits but it doesn't look like it's on the cards.

I'm sure that living in the countryside makes one much more aware of (& eventually slaves to) whatever the elements throw at us.
    Living in town means temporarily wet pavements. Out here it's being permanently surrounded by water & mud.

Oh well, my apologies, just having a mini rant. Nothing to be done about it.

Roses look good, LIR.
    Last edited by Itismehonest; 15-06-2013 at 4:09 PM.
    • ferretkeeper
    • By ferretkeeper 15th Jun 13, 4:33 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 2,723 Thanks
    ferretkeeper
    Hi Everyone, OMG A new thread!

Been pretty busy for a while, I have tried to keep up then realised you'd moved!

Nothing that much to report here, pretty much same as always so I haven't really felt the need to write...groundhog day springs to mind!

Sorry to hear of the various ills and ailments out there, this grotty weather doesn't help, praying for sunshine again - oh, there it is!!!

CTC - saw the drama unfold with your theft, what *******! A local friend of mine had stuff stolen from her land recently, broad daylight, what is it coming to? It's made me a lot more wary of leaving stuff around but no room to put everything indoors or even out of sight...

And love the piglets! I'm up to 20 pigs atm, another 10 will be here by the end of the month I reckon but I will start selling some from next week hopefully. I went to the market last Friday and my mate picked up a load of weaners, I was going to mention them to you but I was too late!

Here's to another 10,000!
  • Itismehonest
    Saw this & thought of you, fk
    • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • By COOLTRIKERCHICK 15th Jun 13, 6:17 PM
    • 10,422 Posts
    • 58,367 Thanks
    COOLTRIKERCHICK
    oh.....i dont like the title !! doom and gloom or what !!

wheres the positive gone.....

i know i feel poorly but now im depressed...
    Originally posted by alfie 1
    Must admit I am with you on this Alfie..

Its been my personal circumstances that have been a nightmare.

Yes it is tough, BUT I think life/ finances are a nightmare in general for everyone.

FK.. we were all hitched up ready to go last Friday..but then shtf.

do you know what the prices were like???

we might go along to the next one.. to get something older if the prices are right.

only came home to have a quick bath etc, them back up the ranch... the weather last night it was terrible, the win and the rain.. didn't do anything up there today, nut it was nice just to chill out and watch tv in the caravan..

Aflie I know we are bsy, BUT if you need a hand one weekend with the furniture give us a shout, and we will try and come down for the day.. to help...

Davesnave... the strong round up hasn't touched the horsetail,so will go back on the old thread and buy some of that stuff
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Itismehonest
    Well, I can see the funny side of the title. There are few posters who don't have regular nightmare moments & so have a good old moan about something or other

We all had the opportunity to start a new thread from 200 posts earlier & none of us did ....... so I'll go along with whatever the person who actually starts it (in this case Alex) decides to call it.

In Brian Connelly mode "It's a puppet thread title" not a fortune-telling!
    Last edited by Itismehonest; 15-06-2013 at 7:17 PM.
    • Better Days
    • By Better Days 15th Jun 13, 8:25 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 12,578 Thanks
    Better Days
    Put in an offer for this garden (with a tatty bungalow attached) yesterday. Got to wait until Monday to find out if offer accepted. Its nail biting. Always wanted a bigger garden. I can have chucks again, and a pond. Its a blank canvas really, and if it all comes off it will keep DH busy for a while (poor chap he is not a natural gardener)
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,690Posts Today

7,049Users online

Martin's Twitter