Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crumpets
    • By Crumpets 4th Jun 13, 2:01 PM
    • 999Posts
    • 3,174Thanks
    Crumpets
    The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)
    • 4th Jun 13, 2:01 PM
    The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-) 4th Jun 13 at 2:01 PM
    Hi there,

Long time lurker here, I've been inspired by so many diaries on here that I thought I'd start my own. After just spending an exhausting half hour working out this months Morgage overpayment on the very complicated financial system we have in our house, I thought a diary might help me to organise my thoughts better

A bit about myself, I'm a SAHM to my lovely 3dc and my dh is a self employed web developer, so money can be a bit erratic coming in. We have been overpaying our mortgage a small amount pretty much since we took it out in 2007 with gaps here and there. This year though we have decided to live as frugally as possible (without missing out on fun times with the kids) and throw everything spare at the mortgage. We've done pretty well too so far, but I can feel myself getting complacent so here's where I hope my diary will come in useful

Anyway that's it for now

Crumpets
    Last edited by Crumpets; 04-06-2013 at 8:23 PM.
Page 56
    • the cross rabbit
    • By the cross rabbit 9th Jan 19, 3:33 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 2,080 Thanks
    the cross rabbit
    wow to learning a new language, Korean was not what I was expecting you to write. What does MV stand for?
    CRx
    Mortgage 82,000, due to end July 2036. 18/1/2019 Mortgage 79,150.55
    #67 mortgage free wannabe 2019 89.09/800
    • Crumpets
    • By Crumpets 9th Jan 19, 4:28 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 3,174 Thanks
    Crumpets
    MV just stands for the Madvix - I'm a lazy typist
    Mortgage March 2011 143,927.6
    Mortgage Jan 2019 79,664.66
    • the cross rabbit
    • By the cross rabbit 9th Jan 19, 5:11 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 2,080 Thanks
    the cross rabbit
    oooo thought it was some secret code.
    CRx
    Mortgage 82,000, due to end July 2036. 18/1/2019 Mortgage 79,150.55
    #67 mortgage free wannabe 2019 89.09/800
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Jan 19, 9:33 AM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 12,122 Thanks
    themadvix
    Ooh, I fancy being a secret code!

Korean was not what I was expecting you to say either Crumpets! That sounds challenging! I'll tell DH about Lingodeer, he's always saying he fancies learning an Asian language.
    OPs 2018 = 2090
    Moving savings = 3085
    OPs 2017 = 3103
    Starting balance 2012: 132000; balance Jul 2018: 91,552
    MFW2018 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Jan 19, 11:14 AM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 12,122 Thanks
    themadvix
    Our nearest ZW shop is about 40 minutes away so not local, I usually go once a month when I have to take dd1 in to the city for a lesson. I wish there was one in my nearest town, I'm half tempted to open one myself!
    Originally posted by Crumpets
    Do it, do it do it!!! Although, on second thoughts, it might be tricky alongside home schooling.... Although a great educational opportunity!
    OPs 2018 = 2090
    Moving savings = 3085
    OPs 2017 = 3103
    Starting balance 2012: 132000; balance Jul 2018: 91,552
    MFW2018 no. 38
    • Crumpets
    • By Crumpets 13th Jan 19, 11:05 AM
    • 999 Posts
    • 3,174 Thanks
    Crumpets
    Do it, do it do it!!! Although, on second thoughts, it might be tricky alongside home schooling.... Although a great educational opportunity!
    Originally posted by themadvix
    Yeah, not sure I could fit it in at the moment, I'm not sure child labour would go down well with the education authority
    • Crumpets
    • By Crumpets 13th Jan 19, 2:48 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 3,174 Thanks
    Crumpets
    Phew finally I can sit down for a proper update! this week/weekend has been a complete whirlwind! The first week back to normal after the school holidays always feels hectic, there's not enough time in the day to fit everything in. As expected all the invoices have come rolling in too

Yesterday we had an early start to get down to London for our day at Kidzan!a, which the kids loved, but was not cheap! it was a birthday treat for them all so the cost will be split between the birthdays fund and the holiday fund. We were all exhausted when we got home so it was an early night last night. Today we're trying to have a more chilled out day so we're rested for the week ahead. Saying that I've not stopped doing housework all morning as the house was a bombsite it's looking a bit more shipshape now (despite the huge den the children have built in the lounge) I've even got some washing on the line which is blowing away nicely

I have eventually got around to listing a bundle of toys on the bay. I had an offer for 20 come through almost immediately but I don't want to accept it when there is a whole week to go on the auction. I don't expect to get much more than that but I prefer auctions to offers. The money from this will go towards a birthday present for one of the dd's I still have 2 collectible teddy bears to list, I don't think they're worth much but I don't want to just give them away.

This morning I managed to get some mega cheap train tickets down to London for when we go to the Brits - 13 return each!! I've also booked us a travelodge, and we now have a friend coming so the room bill is being split which is a saving of 35 for me Sadly no nomination for dd's favourtie band, but I'm sure we'll still have a fantastic time
    • Crumpets
    • By Crumpets 13th Jan 19, 2:52 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 3,174 Thanks
    Crumpets
    wow to learning a new language, Korean was not what I was expecting you to write. What does MV stand for?
    CRx
    Originally posted by the cross rabbit
    Ooh, I fancy being a secret code!

Korean was not what I was expecting you to say either Crumpets! That sounds challenging! I'll tell DH about Lingodeer, he's always saying he fancies learning an Asian language.
    Originally posted by themadvix
    Korean is definitely a challenge as there is a whole new alphabet to learn and it is just so different to the English language! I'm really enjoying it, I doubt I'll ever be able to use it in real life but it's certainly getting my brain working, which sometimes doesn't feel like it happens very often
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,198Posts Today

9,045Users online

Martin's Twitter