Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow
    • 7th May 13, 10:25 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow 7th May 13 at 10:25 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Flow Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren!!!8217;t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 15
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

You can provide readings on the last day of your tariff however, to ensure that the readings are approved in time for our bill run, please can I kindly request that you contact us via Facebook, Twitter or by calling or emailing our Customer Service.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

So how will this be managed when going from Flow to Flow's new tariff. Surely based on Flow's current model, the 31st will be an estimated reading, as will the new start date for the new tariff??

Or am I missing something here?
    Originally posted by frankie
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 27th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 10,442 Posts
    • 4,392 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    When is your bill run ??
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 27th Feb 18, 1:42 PM
    • 5,733 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Hengus
    So how will this be managed when going from Flow to Flow's new tariff. Surely based on Flow's current model, the 31st will be an estimated reading, as will the new start date for the new tariff??

Or am I missing something here?
    Originally posted by frankie
    They will estimate it unless they have asked you for a reading on the day that the tariff changes. To be fair, any difference for a few units either way will be pence rather than £s; if, say, the estimate was 10 kWhs more than the actual read then you are not paying for 10 units, you are only paying the difference in cost for 10 units at the old and new rates.
    • Katrinaj
    • By Katrinaj 28th Feb 18, 8:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katrinaj
    I iniated my switch to Flow back in August 2017.. the switch was complete by the end of September. I filled in all the required info, set up my online profile etc etc.. so here we are nearly in March and despite several emails and phone calls I still havenít been billed for my energy, Iíve had emails to say my direct debit hadnít been set up due to a Ďsystem errorí (they got round to telling me this in December) Iíve had no less than seven emails telling me my direct debit has been set up, also several telling me I owe them money and theyíre going to pass me to a debt agency if I donít contact them despite me having already set up an overpayment on my (still not set up) direct debit... it just went on and on... finally I have given up! The only people that seem to know whatís going on are the complaints department!! I have told them Iíll be taking my business elsewhere and that I wonít be paying the £60 early exit fees.. they have agreed. Iím switching back to BG...
    Maybe this will encourage Flow to take a payment?! You never know!

Needless to say I wonít be recommending them!!
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Our bill run is between the 1st and the 10th of each month.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
    When is your bill run ??
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the service that you have received and would like to resolve this with you at your earliest convenience.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow energy account number via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Services team (as we do not have a private message function on here).

We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

I iniated my switch to Flow back in August 2017.. the switch was complete by the end of September. I filled in all the required info, set up my online profile etc etc.. so here we are nearly in March and despite several emails and phone calls I still havenít been billed for my energy, Iíve had emails to say my direct debit hadnít been set up due to a Ďsystem errorí (they got round to telling me this in December) Iíve had no less than seven emails telling me my direct debit has been set up, also several telling me I owe them money and theyíre going to pass me to a debt agency if I donít contact them despite me having already set up an overpayment on my (still not set up) direct debit... it just went on and on... finally I have given up! The only people that seem to know whatís going on are the complaints department!! I have told them Iíll be taking my business elsewhere and that I wonít be paying the £60 early exit fees.. they have agreed. Iím switching back to BG...
    Maybe this will encourage Flow to take a payment?! You never know!

Needless to say I wonít be recommending them!!
    Originally posted by Katrinaj
    • Prof Yaffle
    • By Prof Yaffle 4th Mar 18, 4:58 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Prof Yaffle
    Well, I'm mid-switch to a new provider now, although that hasn't stopped Flow from 'phoning me firstly to ask why, and then again to confirm that I was happy with their revised tariff and would be continuing as a customer - despite being very clear that I'm leaving.

As an aside, I gave them two lots of meter readings in February, one set at the start of the month and one a few days from the end. As of today (04th March), their website still tells me that the last meter reading was 31st January - in other words, they've ignored both February numbers. To frankie's point above, god only knows how they're going to handle an influx (outflux?) or switchers as the MSE special comes to an end, and I've no idea how we're going to tie up my account as I switch mid-this-month.

I guess I'll find out and let you all know...!
    • SplanK
    • By SplanK 4th Mar 18, 7:06 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    SplanK
    Im going to go against he grain on this thread...

Been with Flow for the last 11ish months and like most on here, about to come to the end of the MSE fixed rate. I moved from Eon.

The transfer went a little slow, but got there eventually and within an acceptable time frame.

I submit meter readings every now and then. I am not fussed if they are used for bills (they do send an email reminder to encourage you to do) but as long as the amount I pay is keeping up with the amount I use, im not bothered personally.

Just been offered a new renewal to Flow Daffodil 2019. Pirice is going up a bit but its either:
    1. Switch to another unknown with no or little feeback
    2. Switch to one of the bigger companies (IE Eon) who could screw you over anyway

Support have helped me at the start when I had an issue with direct debits not being taken and found them to answer the phone quick and sorted out the issues within an acceptable amount of time.

So Flow, you get me for another year
    Last edited by SplanK; 04-03-2018 at 7:11 PM.
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

Thank you for your great post.

The teams here are always happy to hear that our customers enjoy the Flow experience, so thanks very much for taking the time out of your day to write about us

If you ever need anything, you know where we are.

Warm regards,

The Flow team

Been with Flow for the last 11ish months and like most on here, about to come to the end of the MSE fixed rate. I moved from Eon.

The transfer went a little slow, but got there eventually and within an acceptable time frame.

I submit meter readings every now and then. I am not fussed if they are used for bills (they do send an email reminder to encourage you to do) but as long as the amount I pay is keeping up with the amount I use, im not bothered personally.

Just been offered a new renewal to Flow Daffodil 2019. Pirice is going up a bit but its either:
    2. Switch to one of the bigger companies (IE Eon) who could screw you over anyway

Support have helped me at the start when I had an issue with direct debits not being taken and found them to answer the phone quick and sorted out the issues within an acceptable amount of time.

So Flow, you get me for another year
    Originally posted by SplanK
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 5th Mar 18, 12:52 PM
    • 10,442 Posts
    • 4,392 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    [QUOTE=SplanK;73974325]Im going to go against he grain on this thread...

Been with Flow for the last 11ish months and like most on here, about to come to the end of the MSE fixed rate.

< Likewise >

<Just a normal transfer for me >

< Does not have to be unknown >

< Just as Flow could >

Never having needed support for any of the dozen or so transfers i have made.

Would i stay with Flow yes but managed a cheaper two year fix than Flows new tariff .
  • Flow Energy
    [QUOTE=JJ Egan;73977453]

Been with Flow for the last 11ish months and like most on here, about to come to the end of the MSE fixed rate.

< Likewise >

<Just a normal transfer for me >

< Does not have to be unknown >

< Just as Flow could >

Never having needed support for any of the dozen or so transfers i have made.

Would i stay with Flow yes but managed a cheaper two year fix than Flows new tariff .
    Originally posted by SplanK

Hello,

Thank you for your great feedback. We really appreciated hearing your thoughts.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
    • ColinB
    • By ColinB 17th Mar 18, 8:54 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ColinB
    More sharp practice from Flow
    I am on the tariff "Flow Fixed May 2018" which is shortly due to end. I have just had a letter from them (via email) stating that, if I do nothing, I will be transferred to a new tariff "Flow Iris Fixed May 2019". But:
    1. The letter states that my current tariff has exit fees of £30/fuel: that is incorrect, my account details clearly state that my current tariff does not have, and never has had, exit fees. The letter is set out in such a way that this erroneous inclusion of exit fees makes the new tariff look more attractive than the old.
    2. Even if the tariff did include exit fees, the letter does not point out that they would not be payable if a customer is in the end phase of a fixed tariff. The unwary reader might think that they would pay these fees if they decided not to proceed with Flow's new tariff.
    3. The new tariff apparently "... isn't available on our website or anywhere else ...". So customers cannot check it via Cheap Energy Club (CEC) or any other comparison site. Effectively Flow are saying "Trust us, this is a good deal, but we won't let you check how good it is". Actually, given that I've already used CEC to find a better deal, I don't think it is a good tariff.

So have they made stupid errors in the letter or is this a deliberate attempt to mislead customers into switching onto an expensive tariff ? Either of those possibilities is equally worrying. I've asked Flow to explain themselves, but have already initiated a switch to another supplier.
    Last edited by ColinB; 17-03-2018 at 8:59 AM. Reason: To add clarity
    • frankie
    • By frankie 17th Mar 18, 9:34 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    frankie
    My letter, 'renewal estimate' states for gas and electric, exit fees N/A on both the current MSE Tariff and will be switched to Daffodil tariff!

Daffodil tarrif details are not on the MSE site as yet, this tariff is for existing customers only. Existing customers will be switched to this tariff when the MSE one ends.

Have Flow changed their minds then and come up with a 'new' new tariff Iris? Not had any notification of this one. If so the tariff details should be shown on it. Wouldn't suprise me if the Daffodil has been renaged on given wholesale prices have increased since this offering was given!?

I'll be out of the country at the end of the month and have held off switching til I get back early April.
    • ColinB
    • By ColinB 18th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ColinB
    frankie;
    I don't think it's surprising that they offer different tariffs to different customers, there's probably a timing factor here. My letter says Iris is their cheapest current deal and I'd guess yours says the same about Daffodil, but of course they can withdraw any offer and replace it with something else at any time as the wholesale market changes. The annoying thing is that they don't openly publish these new tariffs, so as a fixed deal comes to an end you can't easily compare what they offer you with the rest of the retail market. The details of Iris are below, if your Daffodil is worse than that then you might justifiably have words with them. However I suspect Iris will be worse than Daffodil if wholesale prices have gone up since your Daffodil offer.

Flow Iris Fixed May 2019:
    Payments monthly by direct debit, no exit charges, fixed until 30/4/2019

Gas
    Unit rate: 3.288 p/kWh
    Standing charge: 14.659 p/day

Electricity
    Unit rate: 14.674 p/kWh
    Standing charge:24.167 p/day
    • frankie
    • By frankie 18th Mar 18, 2:17 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    frankie
    Colin

For info Daffodil tariff:

GasUnit 3.141 p/kWh
    SC 14.006 p/day

Elec Unit 14.231 p/kWh
    SC 23.237 p/day

Price guarantee til 31st March 2019
    Exit fees N/A

VAT inc

I don't know if this is geographical charging but I guess it is for my area. South West
    • ebc
    • By ebc 18th Mar 18, 2:22 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 482 Thanks
    ebc
    Flow Iris
    We also had the Iris email quote today (am currently on Flow Fixed May 2018).
    Like your quote mine claims that there is a £30 exit fee per fuel on current scheme which is WRONG ! There is NO exit fee on current scheme.

When I logged into CheapEnergyClub to compare prices it already shows the Iris cost under the heading "What youll pay after your tariff ends" at the top of the page, so it looks like they have got the Iris pricing details from somewhere ? The CEC unit prices and standing charges match my quoted prices.

My email quoted prices for Iris (I'm in Hampshire) are :
    GasUnit 3.291 p/kWh
    SC 14.700 p/day

Elec Unit 13.758 p/kWh
    SC 20.696 p/day
    Last edited by ebc; 18-03-2018 at 2:47 PM.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 18th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    frankie
    ebc and Colin, Just realised you are both on a different current tariff to me and I think that's why the renewal letters are offering a different tariff. (my Daffodil to your Iris)

I'm currently on the MSE Fixed march 31st.

Sorry if I've caused any confusion!
    • ColinB
    • By ColinB 18th Mar 18, 11:36 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ColinB
    When I logged into CheapEnergyClub to compare prices it already shows the Iris cost under the heading "What youll pay after your tariff ends" at the top of the page, so it looks like they have got the Iris pricing details from somewhere ? The CEC unit prices and standing charges match my quoted prices.

My email quoted prices for Iris (I'm in Hampshire) are :
    GasUnit 3.291 p/kWh
    SC 14.700 p/day

Elec Unit 13.758 p/kWh
    SC 20.696 p/day
    Originally posted by ebc
    You're right ! I believed what the email said, ie that the prices weren't on comparison sites, so I didn't look too closely at CEC results (plus I'd already decided to switch based on a previous review). The Iris tariff is indeed listed under the "What you'll pay after your tariff ends" section so, as you say, the prices must be available to the comparison bots somehow. I see that, even though your "Iris" and my "Iris" share the same name, my prices on CEC match those in my letter and are different to yours ... my gas is a bit cheaper, but electricity seems to be significantly more expensive. Presumably that's a geographic thing (I'm in Bath).
  • Flow Energy
    I am on the tariff "Flow Fixed May 2018" which is shortly due to end. I have just had a letter from them (via email) stating that, if I do nothing, I will be transferred to a new tariff "Flow Iris Fixed May 2019". But:
    1. The letter states that my current tariff has exit fees of £30/fuel: that is incorrect, my account details clearly state that my current tariff does not have, and never has had, exit fees. The letter is set out in such a way that this erroneous inclusion of exit fees makes the new tariff look more attractive than the old.
    2. Even if the tariff did include exit fees, the letter does not point out that they would not be payable if a customer is in the end phase of a fixed tariff. The unwary reader might think that they would pay these fees if they decided not to proceed with Flow's new tariff.
    3. The new tariff apparently "... isn't available on our website or anywhere else ...". So customers cannot check it via Cheap Energy Club (CEC) or any other comparison site. Effectively Flow are saying "Trust us, this is a good deal, but we won't let you check how good it is". Actually, given that I've already used CEC to find a better deal, I don't think it is a good tariff.

So have they made stupid errors in the letter or is this a deliberate attempt to mislead customers into switching onto an expensive tariff ? Either of those possibilities is equally worrying. I've asked Flow to explain themselves, but have already initiated a switch to another supplier.
    Originally posted by ColinB

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received, and we would like resolve your queries with you at your earliest convenience.

Would you be kind enough to provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct message
    https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavor to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

The Flow team
    • ColinB
    • By ColinB 21st Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ColinB
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received, and we would like resolve your queries with you at your earliest convenience.

Would you be kind enough to provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct message
    https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavor to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

The Flow team
    Originally posted by Flow Energy
    Dear Flow Rep

Thank you for this response. Unfortunately - as you have been told on this forum before - not everyone uses TwitFace, so those communication routes are non-starters. Please stop advising people to do that.

However, as you will have seen from my original posting on 17/3, I have already raised this through the "Contact Us" facility in my Flow account so I expect a response through that route. Whilst it's a little too soon to expect a meaningful response (two working days so far), I have not had even an acknowledgement of that message yet so I have no idea if anyone is dealing with the issue. If I hear nothing after 5 working days I will escalate to complaints@flowenergy.uk.com.

Please be aware that if your eventual response includes information that I think will be beneficial to others I will post it on here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

5,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin