Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 12
    • CelineDior
    • By CelineDior 13th Oct 18, 3:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CelineDior
    How I Saved Money on my Car Insurance
    Hi everyone!

My name is Celine and this is my first post on a MSE forum so please bare with me

So a few weeks ago I came across a post on my facebook from a company called Simply Car Insurance (SCI) about saving at least 10% on my car insurance . I have only been driving for two years now and my renewal was coming up so I thought I would click on the link and get a quote. Even if it didn't come up cheaper, it was still worth the try I thought. It's always good to look around for the best deal anyway.

When I reached the site it asked me to get a quote on a comparison website, so I did on compare the market, and my cheapest quote was £750 with a blackbox with Admiral, so only about £80 cheaper compared to what I paid last year.
    I went back to the SCI website to get my quote. They asked me if I had a referral code so I entered the one I saw on Facebook which was 9462. So once I put in all the information to get the quote, the site basically said that I would get an email come through in about 5 or 10 minutes with a quote.
    I got the email quiet quick and they had actually saved me just over £60!

Okay, so when you're looking at an amount like £750, a £60 saving might not be considered an awful lot depending on your circumstances, and its only about 8.5% rather than 10% (I didn't do the math so sorry if thats wrong), but I would definitely rather pay the £687 they quoted me than £750.
    The best thing for me was that I wouldn't have to have a black box so now I feel more free!

I would definitely recommend at least getting a quote, especially if you are a relatively new driver or if you have just passed your test. Even if they can't beat your quote from the comparison website, its still definitely worth a look.

Again, the referral code was 9462 (which I recommend using as they might give you a better quote for using a referral code).
    Unfortunately because I am a new user, I cannot post the website :embarrassed: but you can still find it by typing scionline, and it is a co.uk website, so dont forget that either aha!
    Once I am allowed, I will see if I can edit this post to include the actual link to save you effort

Post a reply if they save you money as well as I would actually really like to hear how much other people as saves as well by going with simply car insurance
    Celine Dior
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,321Posts Today

10,108Users online

Martin's Twitter