Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stefano
    • By stefano 17th Apr 13, 3:04 PM
    • 933Posts
    • 96Thanks
    stefano
    Watching BBC Iplayer abroad
    • 17th Apr 13, 3:04 PM
    Watching BBC Iplayer abroad 17th Apr 13 at 3:04 PM
    I will be spending a month or so abroad, while recovering from an operation, and was wondering how I could access BBC iplayer contents whilst abroad.
Page 3
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th Apr 15, 7:15 PM
    • 1,484 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    littlerock
    I use tunnel bear VPN - it is a paid for service but very cheap and reliable. You can dial into the UK or the USA.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 10th Sep 15, 1:58 PM
    • 10,471 Posts
    • 11,813 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    I personally use specialized VPN of ZoogTV
    Originally posted by Farah2015
    Of course you do Farah.
    The "review" you posted on another website couldn't be more like a paid for advert if it tried.
    Y
    • Msfarah
    • By Msfarah 16th Sep 15, 10:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Msfarah
    You Think So?
    you think so shawn?.. i may sound like advertising but probably not. I'm just promoting what I am using because I'm sick of all VPN posts repeatedly pop up on lists o advertisements. why? because they have bunch of money to pay for advertisers? knowing the fact that they are not all good providers? so what's your problem with my post? I'm making my way to tell you that not all paid advertisement are good, they pay websites to promote what? their names with bad service? If your sick with my post, then ignore it. I'll tell the whole world what I wanna say. If ZoogTV then loves this, well thanks to you for taking a glance with my personal post.
    • danmoss79
    • By danmoss79 8th Oct 15, 6:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    danmoss79
    Search WATCHTELLY.COM , this will allow you to access BBC iPlayer abroad on any device.
    • fergus2015
    • By fergus2015 16th Feb 16, 10:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fergus2015
    It is quite easy to watch BBC iPlayer abroad along with all of the other UK TV services like ITV & Channel 4 if you have a VPN running on your laptop, tablet or smart device. LAPTOPTELLY is pretty good for this as it actually is one of teh few I used when overseas that actually unblocked TV Catch-up.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Feb 16, 10:44 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,310 Thanks
    pappa golf
    gosh , happy post resurrection batman!

• rogermews
    • By rogermews 18th Sep 17, 12:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rogermews
    it is easy enough to access bbc when overseas if you have a reliable vpn connection on your devices connected to a uk server. i was using BBCIPLAYER.EU when i was over the channel last summer.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 27th Mar 18, 8:58 AM
    • 33,150 Posts
    • 20,872 Thanks
    DCFC79
    You can easily watch with the help of a VPN. I am using ivacy vpn to bypass geo-restricted content. Like i watch ed Sherlock episode with vpn in Thailand.
    Originally posted by J.Nehru
    Why drag up an old thread to post that ?

There's a much earlier thread to post on.
    • dogmaryxx
    • By dogmaryxx 9th Aug 18, 9:28 AM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    dogmaryxx
    You can get a complete guide from bestvpn .co on how to unblock and access BBC iPlayer form anywhere
    Originally posted by davidmichaels
    BBC iPlayer uses geo-restrictions. Therefore, if you are located outside the US, it is imperative to use a VPN service. This way, you can bypass the regional restrictions and gain access to your favorite content.

Always thought BBC iPlayer was UK based.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,468Posts Today

6,981Users online

Martin's Twitter