Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 6
    • ANNIEHAHA
    • By ANNIEHAHA 26th May 17, 9:27 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    ANNIEHAHA
    Sorry, I take 120mg fexofenadine hydrochloride.

I get them from the doctors as over the counter ones do not touch the sides.

I can't the equivalent cheaper online, it seems only small doses I.e. 10mg are available
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 26th May 17, 9:43 AM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 6,029 Thanks
    kippygolf
    Sorry, I take 120mg fexofenadine hydrochloride.

I get them from the doctors as over the counter ones do not touch the sides.

I can't the equivalent cheaper online, it seems only small doses I.e. 10mg are available
    Originally posted by ANNIEHAHA
    As stated above, no one should take 120 mg of cetirizine or loratidine.

The chemical make up of fexofenadine is different, so 120 mg dose is equal to 10 mg dose of the others. It is NOT that fexo is 12 times stronger!!!! One drug works better for some, and another for others.
    • ikr2
    • By ikr2 5th Jun 18, 12:20 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    ikr2
    Just ordered the Cetirizine from Pharmacy First. Watch the offers though. They do 120 tablets for 2.79 or 180 for 4.79 (not as good value: 10p a packet more expensive!).

Also you can get 6.3% cashback on your order via TopCashBack (and no doubt Quidco).
    • Mikeat60
    • By Mikeat60 7th Jun 18, 4:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Mikeat60
    You may be wrong!
    In 1980, I was a bit sniffly, then had a "proper cold", which was unfair as it was mid summer! As I was unwell I put things off, (as you do!), but eventually I looked at the aircon filter, (I own a "one man business" called London Sound so it's my job, indeed everything is my job!). I washed the filter and the water stank more than you can imagine! The filter had "caught my cold" and was breeding and recirculating it around my premises continuously. I am constructively lazy, so naturally I wasn't going to clean the filter more often so instead I filled a spray bottle with a mix of Dettol disinfectant and water - half and half. I then sprayed the filter everytime I or any visitor showed any signs of infection. or roughly once every two or three months.

I still have the same aircon unit though the filter has been replaced. Importantly I also still spray the filter every now and then. My advice is to spray a Dettol and water mix into the air inlet of your aircon unit once every two or three months - your noses will love you!

Incidentally, if you suffer any hay fever symptoms in an airconditioned office almost certainly it's not hay fever as the aircon filter filters out most if not all of the pollen!

If you still have problems, improve the filter!

As a further thought, I wonder if you have the aircon maintained under contract and the engineer is cutting corners on cleaning the filter. Hmmmm
    Last edited by Mikeat60; 07-06-2018 at 4:32 PM. Reason: A further thought
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Sep 18, 4:46 PM
    • 4,977 Posts
    • 16,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Loratadine 10mg box of 14 tablets for 50p at Poundstretcher.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.1
    Total so far - 3486.4
    • SuperMoose
    • By SuperMoose 14th Sep 18, 4:54 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    SuperMoose
    Loratadine 10mg box of 14 tablets for 50p at Poundstretcher.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Seems to be a bit hit and miss but my local Poundstretcher sometimes has 30 for 79p

Home Bargains have 30 for 89p. Sometimes Cetirizine, other times Loratadine.
    Please put out food and water for the birds
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,644Posts Today

9,295Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Warning: Energy price comparisons are now WRONG due to the price cap - it needs fixing - my letter to Ofgem alerti? https://t.co/vE9IHyM58X

• Follow Martin