Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,220Posts
    • 22,051Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 215
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 20th Jul 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2,937 Posts
    • 13,517 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    2.50 Cashback Bonus
    Summer is here and cashback is rife! Make sure you 'Activate' our 2.50 before making any purchase over 20.

Simply make your qualifying purchase before 22/07/2018 23:59:00, and the bonus will be added to your account.

www.topcashback.co.uk/bonus/2-50-bonus-july18/?ihr=fb_julybon
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi everyone,

@Cherryscone It sounds like you are a Plus Member and so get added perks such as increased payout bonuses for this. However, if you are not too sure if this is for you please be sure to lodge a support ticket or email us at mse@topcashback.co.uk so we can assist.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 24th Jul 18, 11:58 AM
    • 833 Posts
    • 4,872 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    I'm wondering what reasons there might be for so many of my transactions not tracking. I've got AdBlocker but it's disabled on Topcashback - might it still be a problem on the sites I click through to though?

I've clicked through and made 7 transactions since May and only 2 of them have tracked initially.

I've put claims in for 4 of the others so far and one has now paid up and I'm still waiting to hear about the other 3, and I'm waiting til the 7 days are up to put a claim in for the latest one.

I know there are no guarantees of cashback, but with that low tracking rate, I'm thinking it's probably my settings.

Also, is there a way I can test to see if I have a problem? At one point I can remember being told about a pop up blocker might stop tracking but I think I resolved that and don't ever get a warning about that now

Thanks
    Sept GC 90.29/240 Oct 167.1/ 200
    NSD target: Aug 21/20, Sept 14/14 Oct 7/20
    Sept Bring Your Lunch to Work Target
    11/13 Oct 7/20
    1 a day: Aug 60.88/31
    Sept 32.42/30 Oct 1.72/31
    Tesco CC Aug 18 10,151.56 10050.56 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC Aug 18 4321.80 4111.7 0% til Feb 20
    Hey everyone,

@Hopeless Case - In order for the tracking to work it's not just TopCashback that has to be allowed by the tracking cookies placed on your device that is read by the tracking network and retailer. I would, therefore, advise to completely disable this when using our site to earn cashback and re-enable it after you have finished your purchase.

This should prevent the need for claims for you.

We do have a pop up still active if our site believes your settings may cause a tracking issue but if you have disabled ad blockers for our site, it will just think you have disabled this all together.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Hopeless Case
    • By Hopeless Case 25th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 833 Posts
    • 4,872 Thanks
    Hopeless Case
    Hey everyone,

@Hopeless Case - In order for the tracking to work it's not just TopCashback that has to be allowed by the tracking cookies placed on your device that is read by the tracking network and retailer. I would, therefore, advise to completely disable this when using our site to earn cashback and re-enable it after you have finished your purchase.

This should prevent the need for claims for you.

We do have a pop up still active if our site believes your settings may cause a tracking issue but if you have disabled ad blockers for our site, it will just think you have disabled this all together.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Thanks - I think I've disabled everything for TopCashBack but i'll totally disable before purchases in future
    Sept GC 90.29/240 Oct 167.1/ 200
    NSD target: Aug 21/20, Sept 14/14 Oct 7/20
    Sept Bring Your Lunch to Work Target
    11/13 Oct 7/20
    1 a day: Aug 60.88/31
    Sept 32.42/30 Oct 1.72/31
    Tesco CC Aug 18 10,151.56 10050.56 0% 30mnths, First Direct CC Aug 18 4321.80 4111.7 0% til Feb 20
    Cheers Hopeless Case,

Hopefully this will improve your tracking

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Bougainvillea
    • By Bougainvillea 27th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 555 Posts
    • 1,670 Thanks
    Bougainvillea
    Hey everyone,

@Bougainvillea - Snap and Save has changed over the years and has gone through many changes. Some of our members liked, others they weren't so keen on.

Recently we had offers themed around a BBQ with really high cashback and this fortnight we've gone around the theme of saving around the essentials.

Snap and Save has always been an additional feature on top of our great online offers and we will continue to look at ways to make your cashback go even further. I am sorry if you are not too keen on the offers at the moment and hope in the future you do see some items you wish to redeem.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    My query last month was not about the choice of Snap & Save but about the quality of the offers. Although there have been a couple of good offers recently, the cashback from the current offers varies between 5 pence & 20 pence. Even if I bought all the offers, the maximum cashback in total would be 65 pence. The offers are the same for 2 weeks, whereas they used to change weekly.

Please bring back the good offers with an amount of cashback that makes it worth the effort of claiming. Its not really worth the time to buy the correct product & send in the receipt photo for 5 pence cashback.
    Hi Bougainvillea ,

We do thank you for your feedback and I'll be sure to pass it over for you. Snap and Save remains a place to earn a little bit extra money back your in store as an addition to our main focus which is online purchases. At the moment these are fortnightly offers, with some weekly offers from time to time but this will be kept under review.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Tragen
    • By Tragen 30th Jul 18, 1:58 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Tragen
    edit: resolved
    Last edited by Tragen; 31-07-2018 at 8:22 PM.
    Hey Tragen,

If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can check out why you are having log in issues.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    • pjran
    • By pjran 2nd Aug 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 8,481 Thanks
    pjran
    Hi Matt

It seems ages since I bought something via TCB during your heatwave promotion which didn!!!8217;t track. I queried this but it still hasn!!!8217;t been resolved yet, why?

I!!!8217;ve logged into my account and the original missing claim has disappeared. Also there!!!8217;s another purchase not tracking.
    Last edited by pjran; 03-08-2018 at 2:17 PM.
    • Lyncj01
    • By Lyncj01 2nd Aug 18, 2:38 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Lyncj01
    I've just gone too book No1 lounge at Gatwick; using the MSE code. 72 for 3 adults and 2 teens. Did the same through TopcashBack (also using the MSE code) - 112. Exactly the same time / number of us... Even with the 11% cashback the difference is a joke.
    • whiteadder
    • By whiteadder 6th Aug 18, 7:18 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    whiteadder
    Opened a missing cash back claim 28th March, now 6th August. Nudged once a month. Logged in today to a message on the claim saying sorry its taking longer than usual, we'll message when there is an update. It is approaching 5 months, it was only a 12 month contract. I am sure topcashback have a lot of claims to chase up, im sure organizations drag their heels, but 5 months and counting........ come on
    • Ames
    • By Ames 6th Aug 18, 8:58 PM
    • 17,615 Posts
    • 31,095 Thanks
    Ames
    Opened a missing cash back claim 28th March, now 6th August. Nudged once a month. Logged in today to a message on the claim saying sorry its taking longer than usual, we'll message when there is an update. It is approaching 5 months, it was only a 12 month contract. I am sure topcashback have a lot of claims to chase up, im sure organizations drag their heels, but 5 months and counting........ come on
    Originally posted by whiteadder
    I can beat that, purchase made around New Year, January raised a claim and was told I had to wait for them to send claims to the retailer, that was in March. Was then told they'd expect a resolution in three months, I'm still waiting and have nudged.

It's for 35 so I'm a bit annoyed that it looks like I'll have to wave goodbye to it, and won't be buying from that retailer again. In fact, I had to make a big purchase a couple of months ago and went to it's competitor.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • BraveHeart
    • By BraveHeart 6th Aug 18, 11:43 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BraveHeart
    Hi Matt,

My issue still remains unresolved.

1 Aug 2017: Claim Submitted to Merchant
    8 Dec 2017: Informed 'Fair Play' policy can be employed. REFUSED
    15 Dec 2018: Added claim to 'query log which will be sent to the network.'

I have 10.92 (x2) Payable. BUT I HAVE NOT CASHED THIS.

My purchase price: 106.20 (x2)
    Without VAT = 88.50
    20% offer on 88.50 = 17.70 cashback (x2)

Total cashback due for two bookings:
    35.40 (17.70 x 2)

I have emailed you and you have the full history of my case.
    5 MONTHS is a long time to resolve a matter.

Matt, I posed one question on here in the past which you may have overlooked.
    'DOES TCB KEEP HOLD OF OFFERS MADE BY MERCHANTS?'
    If so, this should be game set match for merchant's to pay up!

Please update.
    Originally posted by BraveHeart
    Hi Team MSE / Matt,

A year on since initial 'Claim Submitted to Merchant' and still not resolved, amount still not what it should be.
    Stuck in 'query log' since 15 December 2017???

Matt on 16/01/18, you posed the question in response to my message quoted above, '...clarify what you mean about whether we keep hold of offers made by the merchants?'
    I mean the amount or percentage of cashback that a Merchant is offering over time, which relates to a purchase a member of TCB has made.
    Surely if you have this, the companies have no way to back track!

I have sent you a personal email, which has a chain of discussion between us relating to this issue in great detail.

BraveHeart
    Last edited by BraveHeart; 07-08-2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Date correction
    Hi everyone,

@pjran If you can email across the details we can open up your account and make sure this claim has been lodged.

@Lyncj01 Retailers where travel is involved will always have varying prices. It can mean that the search through us is the same, more expensive or even cheaper. It depends on who is searching for what elsewhere on the web. I understand its frustrating but I am afraid this is how the pricing for these sort of retailers work.

@whiteadder I do understand its frustrating and I can assure you the number of claims we have doesnt impact our ability to chase up the claim. It just is dependant on when the tracking network replies to us. We will keep on trying until they do reply and I do hope this wont be too much longer.

We are also working with the networks to continually improve on this system to make sure everything is done to get claims resolved as soon as possible as we appreciate its not a great experience when it does take so long for the network to reply back to us.

@BraveHeart - Thanks for lodging an email about this and Ill be sure to check this out for you.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    • whiteadder
    • By whiteadder 7th Aug 18, 1:01 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    whiteadder
    I can beat that, purchase made around New Year, January raised a claim and was told I had to wait for them to send claims to the retailer, that was in March. Was then told they'd expect a resolution in three months, I'm still waiting and have nudged.

It's for 35 so I'm a bit annoyed that it looks like I'll have to wave goodbye to it, and won't be buying from that retailer again. In fact, I had to make a big purchase a couple of months ago and went to it's competitor.
    Originally posted by Ames
    Mine was for 75, for a broadband deal with Now: TV 12 month contract. And like you, I am slightly annoyed to be honest, and looks like ill also have to wave goodbye to it. The amount of time topcashback and the retailer take to resolve these issues is very disappointing. I have a screen print with the cookie trail, date and time. The possibility of topcashback and the retailer after 5 6 7 8 9 months saying we're not paying that, would be farcical.
    Hi everyone,

@whiteadder - I am afraid when you purchased it would be under the old tracking network which the retailer no longer has an association with and this does hold things up.

I am happy to check on this for you if you drop us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • steve_taylor_
    • By steve_taylor_ 24th Aug 18, 8:18 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    steve_taylor_
    Over 1 year and counting.....
    Hi,

I have an outstanding claim that started in June 2017.

It is still showing as waiting. I have contacted Topcashback multiple times and still don't have this resolved.

Any ideas as to what I can do next. Nudging seems to do nothing !

Thanks
    • pjran
    • By pjran 26th Aug 18, 10:38 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 8,481 Thanks
    pjran
    Hi,

I have an outstanding claim that started in June 2017.

It is still showing as waiting. I have contacted Topcashback multiple times and still don't have this resolved.

Any ideas as to what I can do next. Nudging seems to do nothing !

Thanks
    Originally posted by steve_taylor_
    I know how you feel. Also I asked to go Classic member over 2 years ago but they are still charging me 5 pa.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,926Posts Today

9,404Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How much of your income do you spend on holidays each year? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/LZ3YIGra1p

• RT @FinanceJames: @MartinSLewis Absolutely do. I've been shouldered out of the way by cyclists - while on a bike myself - because I'd stopp?

• I no longer have a car. I mostly walk (& occasionally cycle). I don't need lecturing on bad drivers, I lost my moth? https://t.co/tsBYUEhRjt

• Follow Martin