Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,109Posts
    • 21,954Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 210
    • whiteadder
    • By whiteadder 11th Apr 18, 12:45 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    whiteadder
    3 weeks and counting, no sign of anything besides merchant click. Opened a claim, waiting for retailer for about a week now. Broadband has since gone live and paid the first bill. Considering some people have waited the best part of a year for a conclusion, its early days yet. But I have to say the entire process is very disappointing, particularly considering its the first time ive used it, I followed all the advice, the sheer lack of accountability, lack of information, lack of everything.and how long everything takes. Im not hopeful ill ever see any cashback. Nothing i can do besides wait to see if anything comes of it ?. I dont think ill be using topcashback again though, theres just something very sketchy and unprofessional about the whole process.
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@Justice13075 - If this has not tracked to your account by tomorrow please can you lodge a claim for this?

@ keithamara - unfortunately, if the retailer declines the claim people tend to be happier to share their experience as we wouldn’t allow claims at all if we knew every claim would be declined.

@ greenery – Can you try re-printing the voucher? We have worked with Tesco to improve the barcodes so hopefully, this helps. If not, can you ask the cashier to manually type in the gift card number?

@ skid112 – To really help you I need to first explain it’s not the cashback site who declines purchases. If they are declined, the cashback site itself has been declined the funds.

Because I know this is the case, I am confident that if you ask the other site you mention if they can prevent declines / get a better decline rate than us they certainly won’t promise that.

We will help you to try and prevent declines but we can’t stop them altogether. We are not the owners of your device and can force it to block every other company from earning commission.

As a user of TopCashback myself, regularly clearing cookies and cache before purchasing, making sure no voucher codes are used, making sure no saved quotes are used and the other steps we advise do help.

If you do not wish to lodge a claim that decision is down to you but what I will say is we wouldn’t spend time and effort on claims if they all came back as declined. It would be a waste of your time and also a waste of our time. Our claims team have recovered millions of pounds since the site was created. Certainly not a pointless activity for those transactions that should be awarded the cashback.

One thing is for sure, if the root cause of the declines is not prevented, these will continue no matter which cashback site is used. The tracking networks have no alliances to certain ones. If they see a cashback site shouldn’t be paid the commission, they will decline the commission.

@ whiteadder – When lodging a claim there is an info page which outlines times taken to process claims generally. It generally takes 12-16 weeks and so please can you allow this time to pass?

Ideally we’d love for it to be that you don’t have to lodge claims and so we will advise you to clear cookies and cache but we have the system there as a back up.

As we are not the owners of your device, or have access to it we can’t rule out everything that may cause a tracking issue but our advise does help in the majority of cases.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • keithamara
    • By keithamara 11th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    keithamara
    Matt.
    Are you saying my claim has been declined then?
    My question is "why hasn't this tracked?" Surely you can follow up on the tracking of this purchase to explain why it hasn't tracked. If there's a problem with the tracking I can always cancel the purchase and re-purchase it. But I will repeat - it hasn't tracked, why is that?
    • t-bevan
    • By t-bevan 12th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    t-bevan
    Formal complaint time
    Can anyone provide me with the name and address so that I can make a formal complaint?

Had an issue with them for over a year, sent a letter to the "quality team" which they claim they never received and also send documents by email on the 28th March - against my better intentions as if they can lose a letter then who knows where documents might end up - and have received no reply.

As far as I am aware having done a credit check, the documents have not been used but I want to report this as they are now on the email system to be used by anyone. I did wipe off most of the valuable data so if the intention was to gather information to either use or sell on - tough and shame on you.
    Hi everyone,

@keithamara - Certainly not, I don't have access to your account to look into any detail, your purchase. I am just answering in your reply in your concerns about negative reviews.

@t-bevan - First I do need to say that in line with our privacy policy we do not sell or pass on data. If information is requested,this is because it is necessary.

If you could send your concerns to mse@topcashback.co.uk I can certainly look into this with the relevant teams for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • David555
    • By David555 13th Apr 18, 11:49 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    David555
    Hi B_M,

I notice your signature says "No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose."

Would that apply to gambling web sites too? I've joined most which went to plan however there's 3 which haven't tracked and refused to payout after opening missing cashback claims.

One responded to TCB saying I didn't meet the wagering requirements, I've checked the betting history and 100% met them

Another says they can't find my account with the details supplied so therefore closed my claim

And lastly I couldn't even open a claim as the retailer doesn't accept claims... no mention of that on the TCB site before I took that offer up. Only £10 I believe but a tad annoying and misleading not to mention this retailer doesn't accept claims on TCB.

In total I'm owed around £80 from unpaid cashback offers

Cheers,

David
    • t-bevan
    • By t-bevan 13th Apr 18, 1:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    t-bevan
    Matt,

Thanks for the offer of looking into it on my behalf but it has now passed that point. I cannot see on your website any information on how to make a formal complaint in writing and who to address it to so that I can send my correspondance between myself and the quality team. I have my trail of information so I can see where you have fallen down.

Lost letters with copies of ID in and non replies to emails with ID attached are in my eyes serious matters and it needs someone in some authority to look into this.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Hi B_M,

I notice your signature says "No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose."

Would that apply to gambling web sites too? I've joined most which went to plan however there's 3 which haven't tracked and refused to payout after opening missing cashback claims.
    Originally posted by David555
    My signature applies to the financials, banking (credit cards etc) and the likes of insurance products (car, home, life etc). So very easy and a route many are now taking and winning.
    But, a similar situation would be for any industry that is regulated (telecoms, utilities etc). Where there is an Ombudsman, you will always have at least a chance.
    Gambling sites are a strange one and like you have found out and what cashback sites are well aware of, there are often many, many problems! Why are the dodgy sites allowed to be promoted? There must be a cash incentive for cashback sites and that supersedes members care.
    TCB do 'allegedly' have a 'fair play policy' and 'mission statement', so you could always question that, especially as if you have done everything correct.
    Otherwise, you would be looking at a small claim (non-payment) of offers. rare, but it has happened and many have won.

Good luck, but try that 'fair play policy' first. See if TCB still use it, especially with known dodgy merchants.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

You only really want what's promoted and in a reasonable time, nothing more. It doesn't have to be difficult, but by God, it can be!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hey everyone,

@ David555 !!!8211; If there is anything you would like me to look into from my end please do let me know.

@ t-bevan - As a senior member of the team in TopCashback, I am equipped to look into this matter. If you would like me too please do contact me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Many thanks,
    Matt
    • onesixfive
    • By onesixfive 17th Apr 18, 8:20 AM
    • 325 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    onesixfive
    Submitted Merchant Order Date Purchase Amt. Cashback Due Status
    19 Aug 2017 Ancestry 19 Aug 2017 £99.99 £24.99 Waiting for Retailer

Still "Waiting for Retailer" since August 2017 !!!

Is Quidco any better ????
    Last edited by onesixfive; 17-04-2018 at 8:22 AM.
    Hey everyone,

@onesixfive - The network we are waiting on is the one who works with the retailer on all their commission sources and so there is the same chance of this happening.

If you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will speak with the claims team to see if we can get you an update.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Lottie68
    • By Lottie68 19th Apr 18, 6:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lottie68
    Hi, I bought a policy in July 2017 and I've been waiting for 9 months for my cash back to show on my account, it's not even tracked or confirmed or anything like near to showing up on my account, I've used Topcashback for many years and never had to wait this long. Really poor service
    Hey everyone,

@Lottie68 - If the purchase has not shown can I just double check you have lodged a claim for this?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    • Figster07
    • By Figster07 24th Apr 18, 11:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Figster07
    Hi all,

I recently requested a cash out to my paypal account. I received an email from topcashback stating its been paid, but annoyingly noticed it was paid to the incorrect paypal email address!

Is there a way of amending this?

Cheers
    Arshad
    Hey everyone,

@Figster07 - As long as the incorrect paypal you typed in doesn't lead to an account who pays out the funds we can sort this out for you.

If you drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk as soon as you can I can check this out for you and hopefully return the funds to your account.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • Walsh50
    • By Walsh50 27th Apr 18, 8:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Walsh50
    Hi all

I have not read all of the thread but has anyone else had trouble with TopCashBack and BT broadband claim? I am really frustrated, TCB are saying that the merchant have declined payment and BT are saying that I need to resolve through TCB is there anything I can do to resolve?
    • mrv
    • By mrv 27th Apr 18, 9:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrv
    Missing cashback for more than two years
    We bought a tablet from the Microsoft Store. The total price paid was £349 (£290.83 without VAT). The cashback amount advertised on TopCashback was £30.30. The visit was recorded but the cashback received to date and after many support messages is £24.42. That means £5.88 are still missing since 2015.

TCB claimed on Trustpilot that they are not "eligible" for the cashback I am "expecting". That's a bold thing to say because I'm not expecting anything less than what was advertised and I already wasted enough time on this. The amount is small but it's the principle that annoys me.

Proof (screenshots, receipt etc) for everything: imgur[DOT]com/a/ECCUNYy

(Please replace [DOT] with . as I cannot yet post links.)

Missing cashback claim number: 14123180
    Last edited by mrv; 27-04-2018 at 9:29 PM. Reason: add info
    Hey everyone,

@ Walsh50 - If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will check to see if we can do anything more to challenge this for you now.

@mrv - From the date range you have specified Microsoft through their tracking network have awarded all they are happy to award for purchases made. We will not obtain any further payment from them.

It could be that the commission got split between different sourses including our self or something else by the retailer and their network looked at your purchase and decided to award us the amount we have passed over to you and I am afraid nothing further can be done to overturn that.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 30th Apr 18, 3:23 PM
    • 11,036 Posts
    • 23,671 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    TCB

Can you tell me please how long it takes for an insurance taken out with Topcashbackcompare to track?
    Afteroon everyone

@POPPYOSCAR - I certainly can, it's 60 days maximum due to their unique tracking and your ability to ring up and complete the purchase over the phone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

5,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin