Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,008Posts
    • 21,794Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 207
    • dogfonos
    • By dogfonos 8th Mar 18, 5:47 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dogfonos
    @dogfonos – Should a concern be raised to us about a particular review we can, of course, review that and remove it if it's found not to reflect their actual experience.
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Understood. Probably just my suspicious mind when I see glowing reviews for a company that I (and TCB) have repeated difficulty getting cashback from.

Is there any way that people could register with TCB and post a review of a product seller or service provider without actually making a purchase?

"My declines to date status:
    Quote:
    Declined
    £489.64
    Not long now until it reaches and passes £500 and I'll have a wee dram to celebrate!"

Ouch! I shouldn't whinge, my declines are nowhere near that level.

Incidentally, when TCB struggled to secure full CB from an insurance company (who I'd had CB from before), I contacted the company directly and they sorted it out with their affiliate but usually in the case of refused CB, the amounts are so small that I just let it go.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 8th Mar 18, 8:22 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Ouch! I shouldn't whinge, my declines are nowhere near that level.
    Originally posted by dogfonos
    Not as bad as it looks on paper to be honest.
    Not all declines are 'dodgy' ones, some are genuine (returns, cancelled, codes etc).
    I've earned many, many times more and recovered hundreds of pounds myself.
    It's the amount that's lost by telling members 'there's nothing further we can do' that pees me off. It's downright dishonest and obviously wrong. Posts on here are testament to that. ;-)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@dogfonos – That is certainly a suggestion I can put forward for you

I hope you have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 10th Mar 18, 5:22 AM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,634 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    If anyone is thinking about taking BT Infinity 1 via TCB, bear in mind that via Quidco monthly charge is currently 29.99 as opposed to 35.99 currently via TCB with both links contracted for 18 Months. ........

Merchants offers differing between different cashback sites is starting to be more common, Plusnet has for months done the same in that case the superior contracted offer was via TCB

Quidco
    Get Unlimited Infinity 1 and weekend calls with a £150 reward card for £29.99 per month
    + £80 Cashback
    | Expires in 5 days

TCB
    Exclusive OfferEnds In 2 Days
    £95.00
    https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/

£35 .99 a month
    18 months

BT ADSL is currently 1.00 a month contracted for 18 Months dearer via TCB link than via Quidco link.
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 10-03-2018 at 5:44 AM.
    Often what I dont say is more significant than what i do say ........
    • dogfonos
    • By dogfonos 11th Mar 18, 6:02 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dogfonos
    Is there any way that people could register with TCB and post a review of a product seller or service provider without actually making a purchase?
    Originally posted by dogfonos
    TCB Company Representative - Apologies, I don't think my previous post (above) was at all clear. What I was trying to say is: I think only TCB registered users who made a purchase should be able to leave merchant feedback on the TCB site. I was wary that people with vested interests could join TCB then leave glowing merchant feedback without making any purchase.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,634 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    TCB - BT Broadband exclusive Cashback offers end today

Matt often refers to other Commission sites , another link with BT Infinity @ 29.99 per month for 18 Months offering 50.00 cheque in addition to BT reward Card - no set up costs bar router delivery.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/packages-a/?aff=cable&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadba nd&vendorid=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&u tm_campaign=Affiliate_53493&awc=3041_1520684803_49 5b9d031f40944c8d2bc3baa5ff083f&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-47868-_-Pepper%20Deals%20Ltd-_-1

TCB 95.00 Cashback -BT Infinity 1 aka Unlimited Infinity with calls @ 35.99 a month over 18 Months --+ Reward card, Just Router delivery

BT Broadband same cost as via Quidco - 1.00 per month cheaper than via TCB x 18 Months contract
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 12-03-2018 at 8:55 AM.
    Hi everyone,

@bristolleedsfan - If you do find the exact same contract is a different price please can you attach a screenshot of this in an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk? Happy to get this raised with the retailer through their network to see what's happening.

@dogfonos - Only members who do click on our site and make a purchase should be able to review the retailer. If we have reason to believe this is not the case we will remove the review but I will see if there is anything automatic we can do to stop those who don't click through have the inability to leave a retailer a review.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Last edited by TopCashBack Company Representative; 13-03-2018 at 2:56 PM.
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Mar 18, 1:20 PM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,634 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Spot The Difference .............
    Hi everyone,

@bristolleedsfan - If you do find the exact same contract is a different price please can you attach a screenshot of this in an email to contact@topcashback.co.uk? Happy to get this raised with the retailer through their network to see what's happening.
    I know that others from TCB Towers read this thread -

Quidco landing page as of now

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/affiliate-offer/?packageid=AFF-UINF1-UWC&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vend orid=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&utm_camp aign=Affiliate_54760&awc=3041_1520860520_fef2bd29a c92a4929c7a55ce4d1a7899

Cable.co.uk landing page as of now ( Same costs as Quidco link)

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/packages-a/?aff=cable&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadba nd&vendorid=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&u tm_campaign=Affiliate_53493&awc=3041_1520684803_49 5b9d031f40944c8d2bc3baa5ff083f&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-47868-_-Pepper%20Deals%20Ltd-_-1

TCB landing page as of now

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/?s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vendori d=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&utm_campaig n=Affiliate_57697&awc=3041_1520860729_5c4a4011c76a 7f5b753bffe331597549

Then need to click See Broadband Deals

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/
    Hi everyone,

@Bristolleedsfan - Thanks for providing the links. I have got the correct member of our Sales Team to look into that as an urgent matter so we can investigate the discrepancies.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Hey @Bristolleedsfan,

Just an update for you, you should see the lower price show very, very soon

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 13th Mar 18, 10:20 PM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,634 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Hey @Bristolleedsfan,

Just an update for you, you should see the lower price show very, very soon

Best wishes,
    Matt

Just for info, nothing has changed..............
    • casjen
    • By casjen 14th Mar 18, 9:29 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    casjen
    The new rule forcing people to give their BACS details to Topcashback in order to do the daily click of Travel Supermarket is very poor. You already have to login and then do those stupid captcha things. I and im sure many people do not like giving their BACS details to cashback sites that arnt regulated and often go out of business. The money earnt until the rule was bought in this week is now lost and a very nice extra earner for the site.
    Hey everyone,

@bristolleedsfan - With you viewing different pages throughout the day this could be cache. I would advise clearing cookies and cache as the new lower prices should be showing.

@casjen - To ensure fair play is being upheld this is something that is required. I am sorry you do find it frustrating but sometimes decisions to have to be made in order to maintain offering cashback and cashback rates.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 14th Mar 18, 5:22 PM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,634 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Hey everyone,

@bristolleedsfan - With you viewing different pages throughout the day this could be cache. I would advise clearing cookies and cache as the new lower prices should be showing.

Best wishes,
    Matt

I have just tried TCB/BT Broadband link via Google C Browser having never used that browser previously - still showing the higher prices that I highlighted earlier in the week ....
    • casjen
    • By casjen 14th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    casjen
    Hey everyone,

@casjen - To ensure fair play is being upheld this is something that is required. I am sorry you do find it frustrating but sometimes decisions to have to be made in order to maintain offering cashback and cashback rates.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    How is it fair play to steal your customers money by changing the terms during a promotion and thereby trapping your members money. It is blatant stealing by topcashback and its a shame there is no official body to bring this up with. How you can describe theft as fair is beyond me. A much fairer way is that all earnings prior to the change can be withdrawn thru paypal but if you want to continue using travel supermarket then BACS is required.
    Last edited by casjen; 15-03-2018 at 8:48 AM. Reason: Point
    Hi everyone,

@BristolleedsFan – the retailer’s network have confirmed the prices are now the same showing the same as both sites. If you use old links you may still see the old prices but that doesn’t mean this is available to purchase; just that you have found an out of date landing page that is no longer in use.

If you clear cache you will see on both cashback sites the price should be the higher rate you saw through us.

@ casjen – Terms, cashback rates are always changing. Members should always read through these before clicking through. You can only earn cashback with this retailer if you are a UK resident. I thank you for your feedback about this but should a retailer need to change the cashback offering we need to work with them. Otherwise, no cashback not nobody.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • casjen
    • By casjen 17th Mar 18, 8:33 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    casjen
    Hi everyone,

@BristolleedsFan – the retailer’s network have confirmed the prices are now the same showing the same as both sites. If you use old links you may still see the old prices but that doesn’t mean this is available to purchase; just that you have found an out of date landing page that is no longer in use.

If you clear cache you will see on both cashback sites the price should be the higher rate you saw through us.

@ casjen – Terms, cashback rates are always changing. Members should always read through these before clicking through. You can only earn cashback with this retailer if you are a UK resident. I thank you for your feedback about this but should a retailer need to change the cashback offering we need to work with them. Otherwise, no cashback not nobody.

Best wishes,
    Matt

If ever a reply completely ignored the question and presented a mish mash of unrelated waffle... this is it. An utter waste of time dealing with you.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 18th Mar 18, 11:07 AM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,634 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Hi everyone,

@BristolleedsFan !!!8211; the retailer!!!8217;s network have confirmed the prices are now the same showing the same as both sites. If you use old links you may still see the old prices but that doesn!!!8217;t mean this is available to purchase; just that you have found an out of date landing page that is no longer in use.

Best wishes,
    Matt

When I read that days TCB response on here I actually wondered if the middle of the month is when TCB share out its staff tips and ........ ....... .....

I asked someone else to check the links, confirmed to me today that the cost differential is exactly as when I first posted about the matter on 10th March bar fact TCB link currently has xtra 50.00 set up fee on its Infinity 1 product that both Quidco or Cable.co.uk links dont have have ....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74010744&postcount=4128

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74016743&postcount=4130

"Just an update for you, you should see the lower price show very, very soon" 13th March

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74026816&postcount=4136 15 March

"the retailer network have confirmed the prices are now the same showing the same as both sites. If you use old links you may still see the old prices but that doesn!!!8217;t mean this is available to purchase; just that you have found an out of date landing page that is no longer in use.

If you clear cache you will see on both cashback sites the price should be the higher rate you saw through us."

Someone might expect to see different prices via a companies different marketing methods, not different monthly costs and/or setup costs in respect of the same product/contract length via different cashback sites and Imutual cashback site have same monthly costs/ setup charges as Quidco and Cable.co.uk

Someone at TCB can click other cashback site links to check monthly costs etc in respect of the same product/contract length regarding its biggest rival Quidco when the same issue has been raised more than once. ????????????

Quidco state monthly charges on its listing- Infinity 1 is just an example that I have been giving to you

Quidco as of now ---

Unlimited Infinity 1 and weekend calls with a £125 reward card for £29.99 per month + £95 Cashback Expires in a day

TCB still as of now reply I got from someone I asked to check the link

"I get this.....
    £35 .99 a month

18 months

Includes BT line rental

Price after 18 months £41.99

£59 .99 upfront"

Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 18-03-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    • November2
    • By November2 19th Mar 18, 8:10 AM
    • 762 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    November2
    Last Sunday I activated a Giffgaff sim but its not showing as tracked, went to open a query and when I chose Giffgaff it automatically shows the time I clicked through and the reason and the amount. If this is registered with you, as it clearly is, why doesn't it show in my tracking? Should I leave it another day or so before opening a query just to see if tracking updates?
    Hi Everyone

@Bristolleedsfan – As you asked us to, we have just completed another click through of both sites (this also happened on Friday). Both of which give me the same prices and bundles. Now, if you are seeing different, this is as I explained, cache. Saved data in your browser. I do need to add, to offer clarify that it is untrue that it’s not possible for a site to secure exclusive prices for monthly costs.

@November2 - Transactions can take up to seven days to track so if you could allow this time to pass and if the transaction is still not showing in your account then please lodge a claim, you can see the information in the claim form page already as we have a click record of you visiting the site you purchased from, we record every time a click happens on our links. The tracking is done by the retailers network and as such we estimate seven days for the purchase to track to your account.

Best wishes
    Matt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

874Posts Today

6,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin