Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's the last Friday before Christmas and so I hope you are all getting close to finishing your Christmas shopping! :D

@bxboards - No worries at all. I am always happy to help.

@Crabman - As long as the start and end date are different you can make a different purchase and redeem the offer. However, you can't use a receipt that has been used before - including on other publishers of Checkout Smart offers.

@steve1500 - I hope my reply above also helped you :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • g_fella
    g_fella Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @TopCashBackCompanyRepresentative

Is it normal that the sites you use (pixmania in this case) lie to you to get out of paying cashback. See this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5380537

Both myself and another user @epm-84 seem to be getting told one thing by TopCashBack and another by Pixmania, which basically means no cashback for us.

Pixmania clearly arent in administration and are still trading, but this is the excuse that is being given as to why cashback cant be paid.

Your thoughts ?
  • sue1976
    sue1976 Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our cash back for talk talk has also tracked at £15.15 instead of the £101 offered. Thinking about cancelling too as it's quite a difference and there are lots of other offers around.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 December 2015 at 8:59PM
    Options
    g_fella wrote: »
    Hi @TopCashBackCompanyRepresentative

Is it normal that the sites you use (pixmania in this case) lie to you to get out of paying cashback. See this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5380537

Both myself and another user @epm-84 seem to be getting told one thing by TopCashBack and another by Pixmania, which basically means no cashback for us.

Pixmania clearly arent in administration and are still trading, but this is the excuse that is being given as to why cashback cant be paid.

Your thoughts ?

My thoughts are that TCB should at least apply their 'fair play policy'.
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay
    Fair Play is a very simple concept for us – because all it involves is putting ourselves in other people’s shoes and determining what we would expect in any given situation. So in fact, another way of stating our philosophy is: "Do as you would be done by".
    @TCB Matt, can TCB apply the discount code to Venere (like another site) and like TCB did a few weeks back and also give the cashback (as they did and others do now)?
    Basically, discount and cashback again?
    Thanks

@sue1976, see posts above. A known issue and is happening with many other merchants. I'm caught up with a similar issue!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    sue1976 wrote: »
    Our cash back for talk talk has also tracked at £15.15 instead of the £101 offered. Thinking about cancelling too as it's quite a difference and there are lots of other offers around.

I cancelled and I'd advise you to as well.

The claim will take a LOT longer than your Talktalk cooling off period, and may very well not be successful and after that you are locked into an 18 month contract.
  • washable
    Options
    Hi i have been on topcashback customer care site quite a few times, tying to find out when my Asia rooms will go to confirmed and paid. This was booked October 2014, and We have long since stayed at the hotel. All I seem to get is excuses. Can you please hurry this along, as I can't get an answer on your webpage.
    Thanks.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 December 2015 at 8:56PM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    My thoughts are that TCB should at least apply their 'fair play policy'.
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

Quote:
    Fair Play is a very simple concept for us – because all it involves is putting ourselves in other people’s shoes and determining what we would expect in any given situation. So in fact, another way of stating our philosophy is: "Do as you would be done by".

Or put it another way, TCB never used to let Quidco outdo it, as I commented earlier in the thread when only the largest two Cashback Sites have a Cashback offer that I am interested in, I have very good reason to believe that Quidco would be more likely to pay the Cashback out of its own funds/profits in the event that the merchant did not pay out.

These are the words apparent loyal TCB members have failed to hear at least on forums for seemingly years

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69693523&postcount=2878[FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]we'll be happy to pay this to you out of[FONT=&quot] ,,,,,,[/FONT] own funds, so you do not have to wait much longer[FONT=&quot]"
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&highlight=quidco&page=145#2883

"We have paid this amount to you from our own funds and will attempt to recoup the payment from .......... at a later date." ;)
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @bristolleedsfan, I hear you and know where you are coming from.

I have outstanding Snap & Save transactions over 2 weeks old now and firmly believe TCB have screwed up and that the transactions will be declined.
    If they have and they do think of declining, let's see if their 'fair play policy' is still alive and active.

Those having issues may well want to consider imutual.co.uk.
    They are customer focused and do offer a cashback guarantee. I'm assuming they pay out of their own funds when merchants fail to pay?
    Worth a look and some of their rates actually beat the BIG 2.
    http://www.imutual.co.uk/help/4/1561/

Hopefully they too will operate a similar Snap & Save scheme and if they do, along the lines and speed of Quidco!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    edited 20 December 2015 at 8:14AM
    Options
    @ B_M

Note I purposely used the words

"when only the largest two Cashback Sites have a Cashback offer that I am interested in"

There are many Cashback Offers that only the two largest Cashback Sites can get.

"Nationwide B.S" ( which was the merchant referred to in posts that I linked within the post you replied to) whether it be Current Account, Credit Card, Home Insurance is just one example of a merchant that only the two largest Cashback Sites have got/appear to be able to get/promote.

I am sure you will agree that whether another Cashback Site has a Cashback Guarantee is irrelevant " when only the largest two Cashback Sites have a Cashback offer that I am interested in" ( I or anyone else) as it cannot guarantee a Cashback Offer that it does not have on its site

B_M - You yourself continue to use TCB and maybe pay for TCB Plus membership to do transactions other than Snap and Save, there must be a reason for this.

Much higher paying offers with no Cashback Guarantee ( when merchants only offer these much higher rates to the biggest two Cashback Sites)

Offers that are not on smaller sites AKA "when only the largest two Cashback Sites have a Cashback offer"

Have I got any of the above wrong?

My post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69752786&postcount=2073

Clearly referring to "when only the largest two Cashback Sites have a Cashback offer that I am interested in" -

Was in reply to your mention of TCB Fair Play Policy and aimed at TCB, I fail to understand why it once again generated a reply plugging Imutual particularly as Imutual dont do/offer "Snap & Save transactions" or anything similar which you refer to and my posting did not refer to "Snap & Save transactions in anyway shape or form" and are unable to get/promote some high paying ( Pounds not %) popular merchant offers due to fact that some merchants only wish to work with the largest two Cashback Sites.
  • bristolleedsfan
    edited 20 December 2015 at 8:35AM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    let's see if their 'fair play policy' is still alive and active.

Yes, TCB used to pay cashback out that it hadnt been paid for out of its profits under its "fair play policy" it did so on a case by case basis, albeit often only offering half of expected cashback.,TCB appears to have stopped doing so in order to maximise its profits.

Some time ago when I was chasing Santander Cashback on now defunct TCB Forum I stated that Quidco had suspended the merchant and had paid out to some of its members on the basis it would reclaim from the merchant, TCB seemingly chose not to believe that to be the case.

My earlier post evidences that Quidco do pay out of its own funds/profits without an explicit "cashback guarantee", the merchant in question Nationwide B.S, Imutual have previously stated they cannot get that as well as some other merchants that Quidco/TCB have on site.

I will put across again "when only the largest two Cashback Sites have a Cashback offer that I/someone else is interested in" ( Not on smaller Cashback Sites) until such time as TCB start paying out Cashback that it hasnt been paid for under its "fair play policy" using some of the huge profits it makes then clearly they are likely to be better of using Quidco for such offers.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69693523&postcount=2878[FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]we'll be happy to pay this to you out of[FONT=&quot] ,,,,,,[/FONT] own funds, so you do not have to wait much longer[FONT=&quot]"
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&highlight=quidco&page=145 #2883

"We have paid this amount to you from our own funds and will attempt to recoup the payment from .......... at a later date." ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback