Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 8,976Posts
    • 21,739Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 205
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Feb 18, 1:21 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Hi, still awaiting my casback from M&S food to order going back to October. Food has long since been consumed. I can't understand what the hold up is. How many times do I need to contact you before I can receive payment. It's not as if it is a large payment being £3.59. How can I take this another step up to find out who I can contact to supply me with an honest answer
    Originally posted by washable
    Sadly, you are in the 'lap of the Gods' with this one.
    TCB are OK when things go as they should (ie, those away from TCB do their jobs), but when things go 'pear-shaped', TCB are utterly useless, as you have unfortunately found out. You will get paid, but only when M&S and the affiliate networks decide.

I have an issue going back to last May, with Owners Direct. I knew there was an issue and reviews backed this up. So, I raised a query right here on MSE.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72542184&highlight=owners+direct# 3485

See Matt's reply, which includes:
    I am very pleased to inform you that the success rate is fantastically high - indeed much higher that the average.
    Guess what? Yes, it all went wrong!
    So, I raised a claim and chased it up. Bearing in mind what a TCB employee stated, I've asked twice (at least) for the TCB 'fair play policy' to apply to my purchase. Declined! I've asked to raise a formal complaint. Declined! What type of company refuses to accept and look into a formal complaint?
    Today, this is my response from TCB 'Sam':
    As we are still hopeful that we can receive a conclusive outcome for your claim, we are unable to consider any fair play, as there are numerous members in similar situations to yourself.

I appreciate this is a frustrating experience, and we equally share in these. We aim to try and get all the claims resolved within three months, so in situations where this is not the case, we do chase any outstanding claim further.

As mentioned previously, we already have senior management looking into this agency, and how we work with them. From this, they are chasing on resolutions for all outstanding claims, and your claim will be included in this.

Once we do have a resolution for you, we shall be in touch to let you know.

Best wishes
    Sam
    See, the bit where it states 'we already have senior management looking into this agency'? That's the second time I've been told that! If 'senior management' can't resolve it, what does it say? Please be polite with replies!

I'm going to give the 'senior management' four more weeks to show their worth and if not resolved, leave that ticket alone.
    What I will do though, is next time I have to make a financial mis-selling complaint against a TCB purchase, I'll up the compensation request by £20 and use my Owners Direct ticket as evidence as to what members are up against!

Mission statement?
    Fair play policy?

Hype?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah – If for your purchase amount you put the credit card maximum limit in the purchase amount and for order number please include the last 4 digits of the card.

I believe I have explained before why there may be an increased chance of a larger purchase being declined is often because people hunt around more for the larger purchases which can attract additional and unwanted cookies.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 13th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Hey everyone, I believe I have explained before why there may be an increased chance of a larger purchase being declined is often because people hunt around more for the larger purchases which can attract additional and unwanted cookies.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I think that statement might need a bit of clarification...I heard about the offer...I went to TCB and applied through you...so I don’t understand the significance of what you’re saying.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • B_M
    • By B_M 13th Feb 18, 7:47 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    I think that statement might need a bit of clarification...I heard about the offer...I went to TCB and applied through you...so I don’t understand the significance of what you’re saying.
    Originally posted by mamabuddah
    I think it also needs to be added to the TCB TV ads, if it is significant of course.
    I've checked the latest ad and can see no mention of any risks. Only 'get' cashback.
    Is it deliberate to fool? Or, are the cookie arguments garbage? I know for sure the Financial Ombudsman disregards cookies.
    I wonder what the 'senior management' would say? ;-)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hi everyone,

@mamabuddah - the significance is we are and will remain one referrer out there of many and as long as we are deemed as the referrer who referred you to make your purchase you we should be awarded the cashback if the terms have been met..

If you viewed other referral campaigns (not all of them will be cashback sites) like on a different website or in an advert there trace can still be on your device and so there is an increased possibility of them being paid and not us.

If you, therefore, decide to view these and then try and claim cashback you risk having all those traces still on your device which is will I will re-emphasise the importance of clearing cookies and cache.

I hope the above explains exactly why we advice it to be done.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 14th Feb 18, 5:16 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Hi everyone,

@mamabuddah - the significance is we are and will remain one referrer out there of many and as long as we are deemed as the referrer who referred you to make your purchase you we should be awarded the cashback if the terms have been met..

If you viewed other referral campaigns (not all of them will be cashback sites) like on a different website or in an advert there trace can still be on your device and so there is an increased possibility of them being paid and not us.

If you, therefore, decide to view these and then try and claim cashback you risk having all those traces still on your device which is will I will re-emphasise the importance of clearing cookies and cache.

I hope the above explains exactly why we advice it to be done.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Blimey, you guys are moving the goalposts....it used to be if you had competing cookies from another “referring website” so now it could be “any” site?
    Facebook, Twitter, friends...word of mouth?

Well as I said, I’ve had problems on TCB before, usually on the larger amounts and reading on here and other forums, the problem mist people have with your get out clauses seem to be, you can say people have looked at other websites, people have used other referral sites and you know all this but surprisingly you can’t give your customer the information as regards which site “corrupted” the cashback...

You’d think with ALL the information you gather, you could at least identify the problem...better still, why not...on here have a “sticky” identifying all the sites that can cause problems....especially the ones that are not commonly recognised by the average punter as referral sites.

I look forward to your reply as to how reading a message on some site, (not clicking on any link) immediately exiting that site, clearing cookies and browser history, going to your fave cashback site, following their link for cashback and why then you feel obliged to deny cashback (which hadn’t happened yet in my case) what next...will you be monitoring “word of mouth” to deny claims?

Looking forward to your comprehensive list of sites that are “secret or hidden referral” sites...
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    • B_M
    • By B_M 15th Feb 18, 9:00 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Blimey, you guys are moving the goalposts....it used to be if you had competing cookies from another !!!8220;referring website!!!8221; so now it could be !!!8220;any!!!8221; site?
    Facebook, Twitter, friends...word of mouth?
    Originally posted by mamabuddah
    Lol, but almost 100% true.

As above, with any financial incentive offered, the Financial Ombudsman isn't interested in 'cookies' (apart from dunking in cups of coffee).
    The onus is fully on the merchant and or agent to ensure incentives are paid and not on the purchaser jumping through hoops.
    Remember, all purchases can easily be traced back as they are both time and date stamped. The Ombudsman stated, to myself anyway, that discount codes could be offered or referral codes used at point of purchase. If another option is preferred, then that's their issue. Totally out of the purchasers control, but irrelevant anyway.
    With Halifax, take screenshots of the offer, along with any notes. The notes that state 'may not' are very useful as they are vague. In the purchasers favour every single time, as clarity is paramount.
    But, Matt and TCB's rules may top those of the Ombudsman.

For the record, there is a known tracking issues with the Halifax 29/3 card. Matt should have known this as you get a warning on the main site advising.

Unfortunately this merchant has a known tracking issue. We are busy chasing this up with the merchant and still want to give you the opportunity to earn cashback on your purchase. If your transaction does not track within 7 days, please submit a Missing Cashback Claim where our team will endeavour to chase the missing cashback.
    Perhaps he's in training for a 'senior management' role?
    Last edited by B_M; 15-02-2018 at 9:06 AM.
    Hey,

@mamabuddah - I'm sure you can understand every day there are new sites out there that want to earn commission from online purchases.

Blogs, social media sites, websites are all possible areas that earn commission from you making purchases online and all of these will be putting cookies on your device when you visit them.

It would be incredibly wrong for any site to try and make the tracking network abide by a monopoly system where all cookies but one site are blocked to guarantee they get paid the commission.

In addition, it would also not be right for the tracking network to pass on information about competitors to us.

To put this into a different context which may explain this a little more; if you bought a branded pack of biscuits from Supermarket A every day and suddenly you started to shop at Supermarket B. Supermarket A couldn't ask the brand of biscuits where you now purchase from, they couldn't pass on this commercially sensitive info.

It does seem that you have a frustration with the wider commission process which is something we are one small part of.

Therefore, if you have any further questions about your TopCashback account I will be happy to help but I am unable to further reply to your wider frustrations with how commission works as this takes time away from our members who do want help with their accounts.

Regards,
    Matt
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 15th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    @matt from TCB...

What if I see a deal on MSE?
    What if I see a deal on Hotukdeals?
    If Hotukdeals acts as a referrer, even though you dont click on a thread ( or even if you do) or follow a link and their cookies cause problems with your (TCB) tracking...as a spokesperson on Hotukdeals, perhaps you should
    a) point it out to them so they can make a statement that they act as a referrer
    b) make a statement yourself on Hotukdeals

In either case I simply read the forum, then go to my trusted cashback site. Clear cookies etc which really you shouldnt have to do if they arent referral sites.

Are you saying because of a cookie on either of those sites (even though I didnt actually read the thread for the deal) , that simply the act of visiting those sites can add a cookie that may cause a problem with how TCB tracks as a referrer?

...remember Green Monday in December? How long after TCB is confirmed for the actual purchase will TCB make their payment?

And finally.....I dont have a problem with referral networks what I have is a difficulty understanding some of the reasons given (as do others) for why cashback won!!!8217;t be paid.
    Last edited by mamabuddah; 15-02-2018 at 4:21 PM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 15th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    RE More Than mis-selling complaint.

I've just been advised of this............

MORE TH>N Insurance 07 Nov 2017 £127.68 £105.00 payable

Took a tad longer than expected, but I do have a double complaint ongoing.
    1. mis-selling
    2. the way TCB marketed this promotion / notes.

Straight to payable today, so More Than must have working behind the scenes.
    Still a £30 compensation claim against TCB (via More Than) outstanding and that will go to the Financial Ombudsman if denied and upped to £50 for extra work.

I'll update as and when, but as previous posts testify, you get much better responses going direct, rather than dealing with TCB and their staff.
    Actions v Words?
    You decide.
    Last edited by B_M; 15-02-2018 at 4:31 PM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 16th Feb 18, 8:39 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Back again, sorry.

I would advise ALL TCB members who have requested payments in February (at least) to check their banks.
    I have several requested payments which haven't hit my bank account.
    You can cross-reference via this link:

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/payments/history/

I've raised a ticket and I'll update asap.

Edit: many thanks for the private messages stating their TCB payments have been received. I understand your concerns and I should find out within a few days whether it's an error or as suggested, I've been targeted for helping others. Hope I'm not a 'victim' though, just because my cashback views differ from TCB!
    Again, once I know more (or if haven't had a reply by tomorrow), I'll update.
    Last edited by B_M; 16-02-2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Edit
    Hey,

@mamabuddah – I can’t comment on what sort of affiliate or referral programmes the sites you have started operate. However, if they put tracking cookies on your device then they may indeed be classed as a referrer even if you don’t click direct links.

In reference to Green Monday, we will pay you as soon as the retailer has awarded us payment. Your transaction being confirmed doesn’t mean it has been paid for, it means the retailer has confirmed it’s eligible for cashback and so will be invoiced for the funds.

We will always help our members to avoid getting declined cashback, that leads to happier members and more transactions seen as coming through from us. I am not able to identify every possibility of why someone else get’s paid the commission but I can provide some advice on what can help.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • B_M
    • By B_M 18th Feb 18, 1:55 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    I have several requested payments which haven't hit my bank account.
    Originally posted by B_M
    I did have a response to my ticket yesterday, stating the issue has been passed to the 'payments team' and to allow 3-5 working days.
    Fair enough, if it's an error or gremlin.

I have £180+ that needs paying, over 7 payment requests.
    Admittedly, 2 have just been requested and should be in my bank account during the week. 4 are delayed, with the longest being from a 23rd January request.
    1 of the latest ones includes a large payment from More Than, which is from an ongoing complaint / investigation / compensation claim. That will be chased up, with extra compensation requested if this issue isn't resolved by Friday.
    Screenshots taken of various transactions at pending and confirmed as well as payment requested. Hoping they aren't needed though!

Again, thanks for the private messages. I have cleared up some old messages, so space again. No more messages needed as it looks like an issue to myself, or others that haven't responded. Although I'm grateful for a member who has requested payment on Friday who will update once the payment hits their account.
    Fully appreciated.

EDIT: I've just received 7, yes 7 emails stating my payouts are on the way.
    God knows what went wrong, especially as nothing has gone wrong in the past with payment requests. Payouts is a TCB strong point................... usually.
    This looks like an individual isolated case and I'm taking it as a 'glitch'. I can understand why private messages suggest something else, but TCB don't generally 'punish you' for speaking your mind. As long as you're not abusive of course.

EDIT 2: 7 individual payments showing in my bank account today totaling £182.68. This is now fully resolved. I don't think I'll find out what went wrong, but it's now history.
    Thanks again to all that replied via messages.
    Last edited by B_M; 21-02-2018 at 8:38 AM. Reason: EDIT 2
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 21st Feb 18, 1:51 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Just out of curiosity (@Matt) how long should you wait before querying your Green Monday bonus if it hasnt been confirmed/paid, I know TCB say 5 weeks....but its been a while now. Is this normally added automatically or is it a manual process?
    I know you say you have to wait until the merchant pays you...but in this case...surely TCB is the merchant as you are making the payment?
    • B_M
    • By B_M 22nd Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    A fantastic TCB Snap&Save offer has popped up today.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/SnapAndSave/Offers/

Easter Eggs - Existing Member offer
    100% Cashback up to £3
    Offer valid from 21 Feb 2018 to 04 Mar 2018 | *T&C's apply
    Tesco have Easter Eggs at 'buy 2 get 2 free' and £1.50 each (medium eggs) - so, 4 eggs for £3 - or free via TCB.
    If you spend more than £3, you will only get the £3, any less and you'll receive that amount.
    Be quick as it's allegedly limited to 2,000...
    Offer valid from Wednesday 21st February 2018 until 23:59, Sunday 4th March 2018 or until redemption limit of 2,000 is reached, your snap should be submitted before offer expires.
    ...............although I think the offer was extended last year. I could be wrong though!
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah - This progresses at the same speed as the purchase just to make sure that the transaction that was made is eligible

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 22nd Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 676 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah - This progresses at the same speed as the purchase just to make sure that the transaction that was made is eligible

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hi Matt, just curious if the TCB bonus was manually or automatically added........the merchant payment was pending, then confirmed....and last week I withdrew the amount...but TCB hasn’t kept up with their side of the Green Monday promotion. That’s why I wondered about how it was paid.
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 23rd Feb 18, 10:24 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    I am sick and tired of TopCashBack.

Missing cashback, claims denied and here is one outstanding still on my accout.
    22 August 2016. Cruise booked with Royal Caribbean.
    2 September 2016. Missing cashback Claim raised
    Numerous nudges and messages
    31 March 2017. Balance of cruise payment made
    27 May 2017. Cruise taken, holiday enjoyed.
    23 February 2018. Still waiting for my cashback.
    Same thing has started over again now because ive just booked another cruise and had to raise a claim.

However booked a PO cruise using ShopperDiscountsandRewards and already got the cashback, not even paid the full balance yet.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 23rd Feb 18, 12:21 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    I am sick and tired of TopCashBack.

Missing cashback, claims denied and here is one outstanding still on my accout.
    22 August 2016. Cruise booked with Royal Caribbean.
    2 September 2016. Missing cashback Claim raised
    Numerous nudges and messages
    31 March 2017. Balance of cruise payment made
    27 May 2017. Cruise taken, holiday enjoyed.
    23 February 2018. Still waiting for my cashback.
    Same thing has started over again now because ive just booked another cruise and had to raise a claim.

However booked a PO cruise using ShopperDiscountsandRewards and already got the cashback, not even paid the full balance yet.
    Originally posted by stemcgoo
    Travel cashback, along with the financials really are the pits with TCB! If it's any consolation, you are not alone!
    Owners Direct (OD) for example are a complete and utter joke and TCB know this due to stats (not paying). TCB state they have their 'senior management' chasing up issues and that was many, many weeks ago!
    I queried OD as I smelt an issue. Yet Matt stated they were complying better than ever (above average).
    I've stated on my ticket and I state here, this genuine purchase will be declined one day or OD will fail to identify my purchase. That would be strange though as messaging on my OD account between owner and myself confirms booking!
    See who's correct, myself or the TCB 'senior management', although I'm not too sure how many more weeks they need before admitting they've failed!
    Absolutely pathetic that the highlighted TCB 'fair play policy' has been denied a few times with this issue! I'm not sure how and when it would ever be applied now and I'm sure it's there for hype purposes.
    Good luck, but you will need it.
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah – This should be automatic but if you drop us an email we’ll be sure to take a look into it !!!128522; mse@topcashback.co.uk

@stemcgoo – TopCashback is a free to use service with no monthly fee and with thousands of retailers on site. I am sorry if you feel disappointed that your cashback claim has not been sorted yet.

However, as we do pass on all the cashback we get and don’t get income from a monthly fee or reduce cashback rates by keeping some of it we are able to only pass on cashback if we are awarded and once we are awarded it.

As an industry leader we do look at the claims process to see if it can be improved in any way as this provides a better service for our members and I am more than happy to take a closer look into your claim if you drop us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,158Posts Today

8,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin