Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,050Posts
    • 21,848Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 204
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 6th Feb 18, 3:48 AM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 1,124 Thanks
    bxboards
    Hi TCB

I have had a Tesco bank transaction made on 28 Oct 2017 incorrectly decline.

Two issues:

1) I cannot raise a Claim as its past 100 days.
    2) The merchant description seems to have changed since I took out the transaction, so it's says no record found.

Could you assist with this? My user name with you is the same as TCB.

I pretty peed off they have the nerve to decline this too be quite honest, so I may well just go via a Complaint to them, but I just want to check this isn't an error your side as the cashback offer has been renamed, so I appear to be able to do nothing on your site.

Thanks
    • B_M
    • By B_M 6th Feb 18, 9:16 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    I have had a Tesco bank transaction made on 28 Oct 2017 incorrectly decline.
    Originally posted by bxboards
    I take incorrectly declines very, very seriously and immediately go direct with a mis-selling complaint. No tickets needed.
    With a TCB delay, I now give TCB 14 full days to investigate and resolve. I do not accept being told to go away and wait several more months! Usually, TCB are 'trigger happy' with their tickets and instead of focusing on looking at the issue, they just tell you to wait. Once I have that nonsense, I go direct. But, at least I can show the merchant I've tried and equally what I'm up against!
    Obviously up to you how long you would give TCB to try and resolve, but going direct gives a maximum of 8 weeks (usually within 2 weeks).
    Good luck and please post back.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 6th Feb 18, 10:26 AM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 1,124 Thanks
    bxboards
    I take incorrectly declines very, very seriously and immediately go direct with a mis-selling complaint. No tickets needed.
    With a TCB delay, I now give TCB 14 full days to investigate and resolve. I do not accept being told to go away and wait several more months! Usually, TCB are 'trigger happy' with their tickets and instead of focusing on looking at the issue, they just tell you to wait. Once I have that nonsense, I go direct. But, at least I can show the merchant I've tried and equally what I'm up against!
    Obviously up to you how long you would give TCB to try and resolve, but going direct gives a maximum of 8 weeks (usually within 2 weeks).
    Good luck and please post back.
    Originally posted by B_M
    My instinct is that Tesco haven't declined this at all, and the 'decline' is due to the way the offer has been renamed. When I took out the offer, it was called one thing, it is now called by another thing. Due to the rename, I cannot raise a Claim as it can find no record under the new name, and the decline is under the old product name.

I strongly suspect this is why this has gone to 'decline' - before I do anything else I want to see if this is just an error....if it is is an error, I expect this to be corrected without any hoop jumping.
    Last edited by bxboards; 06-02-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 6th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    My instinct is that Tesco haven't declined this at all, and the 'decline' is due to the way the offer has been renamed. When I took out the offer, it was called one thing, it is now called by another thing. Due to the rename, I cannot raise a Claim as it can find no record under the new name, and the decline is under the old product name.

I strongly suspect this is why this has gone to 'decline' - before I do anything else I want to see if this is just an error....if it is is an error, I expect this to be corrected without any hoop jumping.
    Originally posted by bxboards
    I agree, see if this is just another 'error'.
    TCB mess around with the pages quite a bit, especially the ones with bad reviews and stats. Clean slate and start again!
    Hard to get the truth to be honest, but where cash is involved, there will always be the opportunity of say 'skull-duggery' - no suggestion this is the case here.

You shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to get what was promoted, but you may have to!
    TCB do have that 'fair play policy' though.
    Surely, an incorrect decline would fall into this policy?

Good luck, you will be paid eventually though. How difficult it ends up is out of your hands. Highlighting issues helps others as does final resolutions.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • Sellins
    • By Sellins 6th Feb 18, 1:33 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Sellins
    Hi Sellins,

The team are still looking into it but it should definitely correct in value by the time it reaches confirmed and if it doesn't please do let me know

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hi Matt, It has now gone to zero! I am still yet to get an answer from anyone as to why TCB does not just correct my account to show £80. No one disputes that this is what was offered and why do they say they will contact the customer in June when it should be payable in 30-60 days?
    Thx
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@bxboards – For us to raise a challenge about this decline you can now lodge a claim. I have overridden the claim limit so you can do this.

I have looked into the retailer and can see at the same time as declining transactions deemed as ineligible they did pay for transactions deemed as eligible. Therefore, I do not believe this is to do with changing the title of the retailer your purchase has tracked under.

@Sellins – This suggests that the retailer has deemed us as eligible for £0 commission for your purchase, meaning we have to change your cashback due to £0.

Please drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can look into it further.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 6th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 1,124 Thanks
    bxboards
    Hey everyone,

@bxboards – For us to raise a challenge about this decline you can now lodge a claim. I have overridden the claim limit so you can do this.

I have looked into the retailer and can see at the same time as declining transactions deemed as ineligible they did pay for transactions deemed as eligible. Therefore, I do not believe this is to do with changing the title of the retailer your purchase has tracked under.

Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hello Matt

Thanks for removing the limit.

I've raised a claim - too be honest with you, I have little hope this will be resolved via this method, as my last Tesco claim made nearly 2 years ago is sat at:

Created: 13 Apr 2016 Claim Status: Waiting for Retailer

!!!

I hope I do not have to wait nearly two years for this one!!
    Cheers for doing that bxboards,

I can assure you we don't like to keep you waiting and will do everything we can to get your claim sorted asap. I can't promise how long it will take as it will depend on how long it takes the retailer to get back to us through their tracking network but as soon as they do our claims team will let you know

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • B_M
    • By B_M 8th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Good Morning,
    How long should Cashback from your sister site "TopGiftCards" take? I would have thought it would've been really quick, but I bought one on 21st December and still not even confirmed, still pending. (it was during your additional £2.50 offer)
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    Cashback and bonus showing as payable today.
    So, for the small amount, this was accurate:

Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this merchant to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics
    Shame it doesn't work on the £105 one though!
    But, no mis-leading on the TopGiftCard' offer, for myself anyway.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 9th Feb 18, 6:39 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 1,053 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Yep, my cashback from TopGiftCard is now payable....£3...ooh what to spend it on!!!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • B_M
    • By B_M 9th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    TCB Snap&Save offer.

Goodfella's Pizza, thin or deep-pan, any variety
    Buy one, get 75p Cashback
    Offer valid from 08 Feb 2018 to 14 Feb 2018 | *T&C's apply
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/SnapAndSave/Offers

Only £1 in Morrisons.
    Works out at 25p when you receive your cashback.

Snap&Save is a lot less troublesome and less of a gamble than the main site promotions. Usually confirms within a few days.
    • dancingcleo
    • By dancingcleo 10th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dancingcleo
    Hello I have had issues with payments being declined with Swinton (£53) and Admiral (£36.75). I have raised a claim for Swinton on 15/1 which is currently outstanding. Admiral seem to have declined my payment so close to the 100 day deadline that I did not get the opportunity to raise a claim. As far as I am aware I have fulfilled the terms for each retailer. Is it possible for these issues to be looked into? Thanks.
    • Sellins
    • By Sellins 10th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Sellins
    Please update once you have been paid.
    if you ask, More Than will give you compensation for you hassle.
    The last time I requested £20 nominal compensation and they offered £30 to fully resolve and close. More Than staff are usually very, very good.
    No doubt I'll be going the same route again.
    Good luck, but yet another financial issue via TCB.
    Originally posted by B_M
    Hi, and thanks for your help with this. My cashback went down to zero instead of up to 80. TCB still refused to do anything via their site (although Matt on here was helpful) and insisted I was on ice until June. I chased up Morethan and once you get to the right team it was as simple as sending them a scan of my TCB account showing the pet insurance ref number, thus proving I went through TCB to purchase the insurance. They have now sent me a cheque for £80.

Why TCB couldn't have done that I don't know......

Thanks again
    • B_M
    • By B_M 10th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    Hi, and thanks for your help with this. My cashback went down to zero instead of up to 80. TCB still refused to do anything via their site (although Matt on here was helpful) and insisted I was on ice until June. I chased up Morethan and once you get to the right team it was as simple as sending them a scan of my TCB account showing the pet insurance ref number, thus proving I went through TCB to purchase the insurance. They have now sent me a cheque for £80.

Thanks again
    Originally posted by Sellins
    Well done, I both applaud and respect you for going direct.
    TCB are very unhelpful, but as I've previously stated, it sure helps!
    My More Than case is currently still outstanding, but I have also escalated a complaint against TCB. They are still well within the 8 weeks (5 weeks left and initial letter received) they have, or it will go to the Financial Ombudsman. I can't see it getting that far though. I also have a £30 compensation claim against TCB with More Than.
    Let TCB continue to be unhelpful and let them keep their mission statement and fair play policy. It shows merchants what type of company you are up against. By making it difficult, they are actually making it easy. Sadly, TCB know via stats that few go down the route you have taken and the one I always do.
    Enjoy you cashback, you really have earned it.
    Last edited by B_M; 10-02-2018 at 6:54 PM.
    • hybernia
    • By hybernia 11th Feb 18, 8:31 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    hybernia

Thanks again
    Originally posted by Sellins
    Hubby had the same experience with Top Cashback. He was utterly unimpressed with the workings of this £multi-million company and remains so.

Despite enticing him, as it has enticed so many others, into thinking a cashback transaction is "as easy as 1, 2,3", Top Cashback gave every appearance of hapless impotence when the failure of money to be returned from his purchase of a particular financial product was repeatedly, and blandly, shrugged off as "waiting for merchant".

He waited. And waited. And then, following B_M's excellent advice on here -- and really: every prospective user of Top Cashback should seek out B_M's helpful posts -- he contacted the merchant directly.

Within a week or so, he had a cash settlement split between the merchant and Top Cashback. And £30 from the merchant by way of compensation for the fact that his time is valuable and he should never have had to seek from it that which Top Cashback had every opportunity to do obtain. . . yet failed to do so.

Top Cashback made it clear to him that it doesn't like anyone by-passing its so-called help services and going direct to the merchant. No surprise there, because if every merchant who uses Top Cashback as a promotional platform starts being hit with claims for unpaid monies and financial compensation too, then Top Cashback is going to find itself shortly out of merchants and very soon thereafter, out of business.

But there's another reason why Top Cashback doesn't want those who purchase from a merchant ever to deal with that merchant, because the customer might then discover the positively labyrinthine goings-on that occur behind the scenes.

Hubby was unaware of this until the merchant he was dealing with provided him with answers to his specific questions about the where / when / how / who of his transaction. About when cashback to him had actually been approved by that merchant. About the route that the approvals process and the payments procedure had followed: the dates, the names, the entities.

What emerged from this information was that Top Cashback's website assertion that it's all-as-simple as 1, 2, 3 is -- to put it mildly -- disingenuous.

Far from a transaction being between the customer and the merchant with Top Cashback as the intermediary, all kinds of third parties clamber aboard the cashback bandwagon -- third parties of whom the customer has no knowledge at all . . .

. . .Until the time comes when the cashback fails to appear and suddenly, suddenly, it's no longer a case of 1,2,3 but defensive stuff from Top Cashback about the existence of networks and affiliates and God only knows who else, all of whom in one way or another are contended to be responsible for delays in the fulfillment of contractual financial promises.

You did exactly as you should've done by regarding -- quite properly -- the transaction into which you entered as involving you, the merchant, and Top Cashback as a mutually agreed intermediary . . . and no-one else: not an affiliate, not a network, not an agency, not any other third party at all.

When the agreed intermediary fails to fulfill a promise extended at the time of contract, and continues to express its helplessness -- "waiting for merchant" indeed -- then that's the time when you do NOT wait-for-merchant any longer because under Law, you contracted with the merchant, not with Top Cashback and you are fully entitled to ask of the other party to that contract just what the heck is going on with the rebate that was promised.

And after doing all that, and getting back that which was always legally yours, forget the "cashback model" altogether.

Money saved at the time of purchase via sales promotion or discount code is always going to be better than the promise of money back some day, some time, though maybe. . . Never.
    • B_M
    • By B_M 11th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    B_M
    hybernia - well done and I both applaud you and your husband and respect you both.
    Simple?

When a company states this...
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=Mission

....and tells you they have this.....
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

...............and then acts in the way we know, it tells a story. Not a nice story, but a definite story.

Make no mistake, there are many, many issues with many, many different merchants (many financial), but ONLY one common denominator!

Bless you both, enjoy your hard earned cashback and compensation, you have earned it.

Others, please make note. What TCB tell you and the truth may not actually match up.
    • washable
    • By washable 12th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    washable
    Marks & Spencer missing Cashback
    Hi, still awaiting my casback from M&S food to order going back to October. Food has long since been consumed. I can't understand what the hold up is. How many times do I need to contact you before I can receive payment. It's not as if it is a large payment being £3.59. How can I take this another step up to find out who I can contact to supply me with an honest answer
    • hybernia
    • By hybernia 12th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    hybernia
    Hi, still awaiting my casback from M&S food to order going back to October. Food has long since been consumed. I can't understand what the hold up is. How many times do I need to contact you before I can receive payment. It's not as if it is a large payment being £3.59. How can I take this another step up to find out who I can contact to supply me with an honest answer
    Originally posted by washable
    Honest answer could possibly be: it's fallen down the back of a corporate sofa.

Top Cashback is part of Topline Online Partners Group Limited whose balance as at 31st December 2016 was net assets of £6.3 million and pre-tax profits of £4.6 million.

Easy for your £3.59p to have slipped out of sight. If someone looks hard enough for you though, it's sure to be found.
    Hey everyone,

@ dancingcleo – If you can provide a bit more info such as purchase dates and retailers for me in an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will help as much as I can.

@ hybernia – I am glad you found my information helpful. It is, however, disappointing to hear you have suggested to a member that we are just sitting on their funds.

Whether in jest or not such comments can very much cause a great deal of unnecessary unease for our members. We will continue to assist members where we can but if and would appreciate it if you could allow us to look into queries and reply back with accuracy.

@ washable – I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been paid yet. Looking into this more closely it looks like M&S have not decided if these purchases are eligible yet and without that the tracking network can’t invoice them for eligible funds.

Being one referrer of many who will also likely be waiting for funds it’s just not possible for me or anyone at TopCashback to ring up the retailer and demand that this progresses straight away. We will do our best to create a reliable estimate and I am sorry that in this case, it doesn’t reflect the payout speed you are encountering.

We will continue to do what we can to help members who are experiencing slow progressing cashback. I can’t promise I can get your transaction progressing immediately I would like to assure you we haven’t forgotten about your transaction and will continue to do all we can to get it moving asap.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 12th Feb 18, 11:45 PM
    • 678 Posts
    • 1,464 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Oh dear...not tracked yet/again

The Halifax C/C offer 29 months at 0%

When lodging a “not tracked” claim, TCB verifies the merchant, the promo and time of application when lodging a claim, yet has a couple of “standard” entry fields that don’t make sense.

“Purchase amount” ... it’s a C/C application, not a purchase
    “Order Number” ... it’s not really an order

Halifax have already approved the application and I can view it all online,

Yet again...smaller amounts on eBay tracking...bigger amounts? there always seems to be problems...

So....TCB rep....how do I proceed?
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,954Posts Today

8,472Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin