Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mercury99
    • By Mercury99 23rd Mar 13, 8:25 PM
    • 4,806Posts
    • 15,188Thanks
    Mercury99
    What you watching on your TV now!
    • 23rd Mar 13, 8:25 PM
    What you watching on your TV now! 23rd Mar 13 at 8:25 PM
    Salvage Hunters on Quest

I have been through the guide and there is nowt else on. I have just been traumatised by seeing Ant and Dec doing some sort of rap in oversize jumpers.

I might watch Casualty at 8:40 to enjoy the bad acting
Page 212
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 3rd Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 11,101 Posts
    • 29,659 Thanks
    suki1964
    It seems to be so hit and miss seeing them, I know you can get them up the Northumberland coast but it involves getting out of bed at around 3am
    Originally posted by colinw
    This was early, on my way home from work around 4.45pm

I've seen them at all different times of the night. Because my house is a story and a half, I have velux Windows upstairs where my bedroom and the sitting room are. So I have views of the sky in all rooms and I get to see some beautiful night skies. Get a clear night with a super moon and I can even read a book by moonlight I really must get a camera and learn how to use it
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • colinw
    • By colinw 4th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 52,032 Posts
    • 144,080 Thanks
    colinw
    DIY SOS Build they really do make massive changes to some people!!!8217;s lives
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 52,032 Posts
    • 144,080 Thanks
    colinw
    Silent Witness........
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 10th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 4,275 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    Michael Portillo on one of his railway joirneys, in Germany.
    • DeputyDawgg
    • By DeputyDawgg 10th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    DeputyDawgg
    England's Forgotten Queen Lady Jane Grey. BBC4.
    • Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 10th Jan 18, 11:55 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 6,141 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    Just watched 'The Mountain Between Us' which I really enjoyed.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 27,884 Posts
    • 15,169 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Miriam's big american adventure, episode one.
    Watched this last night. Got episode two downloaded ready. I loved the first episode well worth watching. The focus of it seems to be on the people. The first is mostly in Chicago and she talks to wealthy people before visiting the poorest part of the city with a high murder rate.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Jan 18, 12:21 AM
    • 27,884 Posts
    • 15,169 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Just watched episode two of big American adventure. This series is a must see in my view. the first two episodes are on the iplayer.
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 12th Jan 18, 8:19 AM
    • 15,317 Posts
    • 39,678 Thanks
    JasonLVC
    Happy! (US Fox network or Kodi). Starring Christopher Meloni and a small blue unicorn.

Gritty, nourish tale of kidnapped children and a washed up, deadbeat PI (Meloni) who is approached by the imaginary friend of one of the kidnapped girts. The friend is an CGI blue unicorn, which acts as an inner calming voice for the angry, on the edge PI.

It's based on an adult comic book, its violent, its funny, its bizarre. But the story and mystery is good.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 16th Jan 18, 11:56 PM
    • 27,884 Posts
    • 15,169 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I love fulton mackay in porridge!
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    • 14,076 Posts
    • 54,751 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Just finished watching The Tunnel - Vengeance (I think that's what it's called) the final series. I won't say too much in case people have got it recorded/downloaded to watch but....

Have also watched The Miniaturist which was better than I expected, and Little Women which was ok I suppose, not really my kind of thing.

Just started watching series 2 of the excellent Exorcist. Love it.
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito

Brazil and Serbia
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 18th Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 4,436 Posts
    • 9,234 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Just finished watching The Tunnel - Vengeance (I think that's what it's called) the final series. I won't say too much in case people have got it recorded/downloaded to watch but....
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I thought it was brilliant, but shocking

I've just watched the first 3 episodes of Britannia. I really enjoyed it. and the scenery is beautiful.
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 18th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 3,147 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    Nothing, virgin box has died and we can't get a replacement untill Saturday!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • DeputyDawgg
    • By DeputyDawgg 19th Jan 18, 12:34 AM
    • 250 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    DeputyDawgg
    Nothing, virgin box has died and we can't get a replacement untill Saturday!!
    Originally posted by sillyvixen
    But you have internet?
    You can watch online.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th Jan 18, 8:46 AM
    • 14,076 Posts
    • 54,751 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I finished the Exorcist which was as excellent as I expected, and very sad. Just hoping there's a season 3 as there's talk of it being dropped.
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito

Brazil and Serbia
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 20th Jan 18, 12:02 AM
    • 3,147 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    NOTHING .. Virgin Media box died 2 days ago tommorow a new one arrives.. we have been listening to the radio. How very retro are we?
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • hunters
    • By hunters 20th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 755 Posts
    • 2,120 Thanks
    hunters
    Saturday morning so it has to be James Martin
    • Ames
    • By Ames 22nd Jan 18, 9:46 PM
    • 17,290 Posts
    • 30,460 Thanks
    Ames
    The first few episodes of The Grand Tour series two. I wasn't going to bother, because series one was so dire, but I'm ill and needed something that doesn't require too much concentration. I have to say I'm impressed - they've gone back to making films about cars and got rid of the annoying American and dead famous people crap.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • DeputyDawgg
    • By DeputyDawgg 22nd Jan 18, 11:26 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    DeputyDawgg
    Was watching a Sky News report on ANTIFA, the anti-fascist movement.

The irony is that they tick every box that defines a movement as fascist.
    A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government !!!8212; and no tolerance for opposing opinions.
    They are very much against free speech and will use any means necessary to prevent it including and especially violence.
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 23rd Jan 18, 8:13 AM
    • 15,317 Posts
    • 39,678 Thanks
    JasonLVC
    Star Trek Discovery (Netflix) is getting better the more episodes we get into it. Probably have the Trekkies outraged but this is excellent writing and acting, linked with great visuals.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

466Posts Today

4,917Users online

Martin's Twitter