Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cissmiace
    GAME.co.uk accounts hacked - money stolen
    • 22nd Mar 13, 12:58 PM
    GAME.co.uk accounts hacked - money stolen 22nd Mar 13 at 12:58 PM
    Hi guys, I hope someone can help.

Yesterday afternoon, mine and many other customers accounts were hacked. For me personally the hackers used all my reward points to buy games and Xbox points.

GAME will NOT respond to us.

I myself, have sent multiple emails and messages, via twitter, email, and facebook. I have also tried calling them with no luck.
    Another person told me they wont even respond to live chat.

This is a gravely serious matter, and I'm livid that we can't even get GAME to respond.

In January this year, they assured us all that our account security had not been breached. It obviously has.

Can anyone help? Is there anyone I can contact? I'm exhausted from trying to contact them.

As a side note, if you have a GAME account, I advise you to change your password ASAP.
    Last edited by cissmiace; 22-03-2013 at 1:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Freebies so far: Sackboy Toy ^_^, MARS football, Various Jack Danniels freebies, Baileys Icecream kit
Page 1
    • withabix
    • By withabix 22nd Mar 13, 1:04 PM
    • 8,959 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    withabix
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:04 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:04 PM
    Have you telephoned them, or are you just throwing emails at them?
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • cissmiace
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:11 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:11 PM
    Hello! As I mentioned I have phoned them as well. Every number is unmanned. It's impossible
    Freebies so far: Sackboy Toy ^_^, MARS football, Various Jack Danniels freebies, Baileys Icecream kit
  • Thomas Hardy
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:31 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:31 PM
    Hello! As I mentioned I have phoned them as well. Every number is unmanned. It's impossible
    Originally posted by cissmiace
    What do you mean by unmanned? Are you in a queue, or is the line dead?
  • Yulter
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:32 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:32 PM
    You have to use the WebChat function on the Contact us page to get a quick Live response.

Not really sure how you missed that. Webchat Service Mon-Fri 9:00 - 5:00

All of their phone lines are now automated with no customer service.
    Last edited by Yulter; 22-03-2013 at 1:35 PM.
  • cissmiace
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:36 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:36 PM
    As I said in my first post, they are not responding to live chat in regards to this. People have tried.

Secondly, by unmanned I mean they are automated. There is no way to talk to a actual human.
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 22nd Mar 13, 1:41 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 6,045 Thanks
    lovinituk
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:41 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:41 PM
    The front line staff have probably been told not to speak to anyone while the bosses sort out how they are going to deal with it. Even if you can get hold of a customer service rep or a live chat operator they won't tell you anything yet.
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 22nd Mar 13, 1:43 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 6,045 Thanks
    lovinituk
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:43 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:43 PM
    I can't see any news about this anywhere. How widely spread is it?
  • cissmiace
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:44 PM
    • 22nd Mar 13, 1:44 PM
    The front line staff have probably been told not to speak to anyone while the bosses sort out how they are going to deal with it. Even if you can get hold of a customer service rep or a live chat operator they won't tell you anything yet.
    Originally posted by lovinituk
    Thank you very much for letting me know!
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 22nd Mar 13, 1:44 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 6,045 Thanks
    lovinituk
    Thank you very much for letting me know!
    I don't know for sure but its a pretty good assumption. I would still try contacting them yourself.
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 22nd Mar 13, 1:46 PM
    • 13,646 Posts
    • 8,650 Thanks
    arcon5
    As a side note, if you have a GAME account, I advise you to change your password ASAP.
    So they accessed your account using the correct password? In which case how was this obtained and what precautions was taken to protect it?

If for example they accessed the account because of a virus on your computer they could easily argue they have no liability.
  • cissmiace
    I don't know for sure but its a pretty good assumption. I would still try contacting them yourself.
    I have been contacting them since 1:30pm yesterday, numerous times.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Mar 13, 1:47 PM
    • 33,597 Posts
    • 21,148 Thanks
    DCFC79
    You say they aren't responding to Live chat so are they not answering the questions or just no 1 is available for Live chat ?

They say there is alot of calls so theres a wait for the Webchat service.

I wonder if the OP revealed his password without realisning it , i take it you have checkd your anti virus etc is up to date.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 22-03-2013 at 1:52 PM.
  • cissmiace
    I can't see any news about this anywhere. How widely spread is it?
    From the people who I have spoken with, at the moment not very widespread at all. (Hopefully) But probably a good idea if people changed their passwords just to be on the safe side.
  • cissmiace
    Once again you said "other" people tried webchat, please quote to me where you stated that you have contacted them via webchat.

Just get on Webchat and talk to them.

also I have checked twitter and there is only one person mentioning being "hacked" to them and that is you. I think you are going a bit overboard saying this is a widespread problem.
    Originally posted by Yulter
    I have been contacted by 3 people on Twitter, and more on facebook. Would you like to give you a couple of usernames on twitter who have also been hacked?
    Here you go: https://twitter.com/SavvyBridalWear
    and: https://twitter.com/darthmoonmonkey

I understand that's only two of the three people I said on twitter, the third is private and I cant link you to them I'm afraid.
  • Yulter
    To be fair I'm not surprised they are getting defensive. Everyone seems to be repeating the same questions over and over when it was quite clear from the OP - well I thought it was clear anyway.

And now arcon is making assumptions how the access was gained to account!

Gotta love this forum sometimes
    In the OP they clearly state they have not contacted webchat themselves. Webchat is the only official avenue for support other than email.

If they refuse to even contact them via webchat themselves how can they even expect to solve their problem?

They are asking for help and the solution is talk to them on Webchat. I am not sure why they are totally adverse to using this support function.
  • cissmiace
    I never said I haven't contacted live chat. I have exhausted EVERY form of contact for them.

What I did state, is that other people have been having the same problem as me in regards to live chat.
  • cissmiace
    Thank you lovinituk

Just to clarify, I am pretty OCD about passwords. I have multi-character/numerical combinations and different ones for each site.
    I have been an avid internet user and gamer for years. I know how imprtant security is. I take many steps to protect as possible. I am not computer illiterate. Quite the opposite.
    Game had been hacked before christmas, peoples details were uploaded to pastebin. However Game made a statement to confirm that no one's personal details had been breached.
    I just thought it was interesting that maybe it was possible that some records were in fact breached.
  • Frankie doodle
    TBH Game customer services have been pretty shocking the past few days I have a faulty Xbox I've been trying to contact them about (pre-owned and purchased from game with a 12 month warranty from them)

I tried several times over the past few days to go on live chat to them and when you went into the chat part you got a message saying operator will be along in a moment...... then an apology saying they are receiving high chat volumes and that there was a delay in responding. next thing the chat disconnected and you were given an email address to email, when I emailed I had a response telling me they aim to answer in 7 days.
  • buffvam77
    As the owner of twitter account @savvybridalwear. I can confirm that GAME.co.uk accounts have indeed been hacked, my account was hacked at 18.11 on the 20th March 2013, the person managed to gain access to my account then change the email so I can no longer access the account. GAME Customer services are a joke. WEBCHAT is not operational, it is permanently busy and when you wait it times out (I have pretty much tried to chat to someone on there from 9am until 5pm yesterday and today and have not once got through!!). There is no contact telephone number where you can speak to a real person. They do not respond to emails, even when you have been asked by the people who run GAME's twitter account to email them directly nothing is done with the email. Meanwhile this person has had access to both my personal & card details for the last 2 days. Do GAME.co.uk care NO they don't!!! I have cancelled my cards so they cannot spend my money. I have contacted them via email x3, twitter x3, Facebook x2. And still no response. Sorry GAME fans but that is just not acceptable!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,071Posts Today

8,686Users online

Martin's Twitter