Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • HariboJunkie
    • By HariboJunkie 10th May 07, 3:02 PM
    • 7,160 Posts
    • 45,822 Thanks
    HariboJunkie
    • 10th May 07, 3:02 PM
    • 10th May 07, 3:02 PM
    My face. Although it could certainly do with the wrinkles being smoothed out.
    • lemontart
    • By lemontart 10th May 07, 3:05 PM
    • 5,835 Posts
    • 7,416 Thanks
    lemontart
    • 10th May 07, 3:05 PM
    anything I can get away without ironing....................
    • angie_baby
    • By angie_baby 10th May 07, 3:05 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 1,381 Thanks
    angie_baby
    My own theory is that if you hang most things a certain way they dont need to be ironed.

The only things i do do are my boys school shirts.
  • Madam Arcati
    • 10th May 07, 3:11 PM
    • 10th May 07, 3:11 PM
    I am with lemontart on this one.

Due to arthritis in my hands, I don't iron!

I don't buy clothes that are cotton/linen or anything like that unless it is absolutey stunning and I have to have it.

If I have to get creases out I use a steamer because it is quicker and easier for my hands.
    • bobbadog
    • By bobbadog 10th May 07, 3:18 PM
    • 1,613 Posts
    • 4,415 Thanks
    bobbadog
    • 10th May 07, 3:18 PM
    • 10th May 07, 3:18 PM
    I rarely rarely iron. Like, once a year.

Really. My OH is a builder / Carpenter, so day to day his clothes require nothing more than hanging. I work in a casual job, so same for me. I'll iron shirts if they need it, of course (am not lazy, just we both generally wear t-shirts). Our sheets and bed linen don't really crease, though I've ran an iron over the duvet once or twice. Ever. Ahem.

• emmie1234
    • By emmie1234 10th May 07, 3:20 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 723 Thanks
    emmie1234
    • 10th May 07, 3:20 PM
    • 10th May 07, 3:20 PM
    I hate ironing!!!!! I don't iron towels, fitted sheets, - I do iron the quilt covers and pillow cases as I think they look nicer on the bed with no creases and for some strange reason they feel nicer too. Don't iron underwear, pyjamas, nighties, socks, tea towels, fleecy items, lycra type stuff - unless it's got a fancy trim on it or something that creases then I just iron that bit. I tend to iron our things anyway on a daily basis ready for the next day (for me, hubby and daughter) only takes a few minutes then. I once tried to get into a routine of doing all my ironing on a Sunday afternoon and putting it away nicely so that I could just throw things on in the morning, but I hated spending a sunday afternoon standing for two hours ironing lol.
    Marriages are made in heaven, but then again so is thunder and lightning!!!.....getting divorced lol

Trying to "up" my income and rookie oldstyler
    • anniestar
    • By anniestar 10th May 07, 3:24 PM
    • 2,572 Posts
    • 13,135 Thanks
    anniestar
    • 10th May 07, 3:24 PM
    • 10th May 07, 3:24 PM
    I iron NOTHING at all. If we need anything doing my wonderful DH does it!!! He also irons his school shirts every day.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

Level 42- the reason I exist.
    • Mizz_Pink
    • By Mizz_Pink 10th May 07, 3:26 PM
    • 752 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Mizz_Pink
    • 10th May 07, 3:26 PM
    • 10th May 07, 3:26 PM
    I dont iron underwear, bed linen, towels, tea towels, fleeces, jumpers, jogging trousers, socks.
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car

Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009.
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 10th May 07, 3:27 PM
    • 26,981 Posts
    • 78,788 Thanks
    jackieb
    Socks. That's about it I think. But I quite enjoy ironing. I sometimes steam things instead of ironing though.

I even iron my dishcloths.
    • queenpig
    • By queenpig 10th May 07, 3:35 PM
    • 417 Posts
    • 2,832 Thanks
    queenpig
    Most things. Anything that looks better ironed.
    Things I dont are towels underwear PJ's tracksuit bottoms.
    Grocery Challenge. £400. - £35.22 + £19.80 + £109.01 = £164.03
    Other spends (Clothes Luxuries etc)£11.97 + £1.19 + £7.36 + £69.00 + £38.50 + £5.50 + £23.00 +£2.00 = £158.52
  • Lyndsay_21
    i actually enjoy ironing once i get into it!! i dont iron fleeces, socks, underwear, bedding, nightwear and anything that is veloury.
    • Crazychik
    • By Crazychik 10th May 07, 3:44 PM
    • 1,986 Posts
    • 17,302 Thanks
    Crazychik
    Hi
    Im with emmie1234 on this

I iron on a daily basis, the clothes we intend to wear the following day, i.e - kids school uniform mine & OH's work clothes. I cant abide wasting hours on ironing then ages putting them away. As I find 9/10 they come out more creased thatn they was before.

I dont iron, pants/knickers, socks, towela & t-towels, pyjama's (unless they are the kids and they are going away for the wk end with their dad - then I'll iron them)

I do iron all the bedding though, including the sheets.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 10th May 07, 3:45 PM
    • 12,675 Posts
    • 43,529 Thanks
    Nelski
    I Dont Iron.. Towles,
    What Dont You Iron ?
    Originally posted by AMIE399
    Do some people iron towels then wouldnt that make then all flat and yuk:confused: As for the rest of that list you really would have to have time on your hands to bother I reckon.

I with the "iron as least as possible" crowd - life really is too short (having said that I do have a few work things that need ironing but they only get worn when Im going to a hotel with an ironing service )

Careful Saucepot doesnt see this thread as he will no doubt tell you everything needs ironing including The Times
    • jovichick123
    • By jovichick123 10th May 07, 3:46 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 8,852 Thanks
    jovichick123
    I don't iron anything that I don't have to!! In our house, that includes most things!!!
    Married my soulmate 2013
    DS 11, DS2 4

September 2016 Grocery Challenge: £0/£300
    • HopeElizzy
    • By HopeElizzy 10th May 07, 3:49 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    HopeElizzy
    I don't iron much..... infact today my 2.5yo ds saw the iron & ironing board in the cupboard and asked what they were for!

My mum bought my dd a toy iron and board, for christmas, when she was 3.5yo and she asked what do you do with that?

Guess I really don't iron much!
    "all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time..."
  • Jeneveve
    I don't iron anything. OH does his work shirts, which I sometimes do for him as he hates it and I don't really mind, but nothing of mine needs doing. In my opinion anyway...
    • pennineman
    • By pennineman 10th May 07, 3:58 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    pennineman
    We don't iron anything. Just wash and hang carefully.
  • grannieannie
    I'm with the non iron brigade I'm afraid, life is too short, I'd rather be out in the garden growing my veggies. OH and I don't have a lot that needs ironing, and if we are going out anywhere, I iron when it needs it, otherwise, shirts etc sit in the wardrobe getting creased up. I don't know how they crease, but crease they do!!!
  • misswig
    I tend to iron my things on an as and when basis, usually the night before if it is a weekday. I do iron all DS things though (including bedlinen). I draw the line at underwear, socks, towels, teatowels and Dishcloths:confused:
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,640Posts Today

9,611Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin