Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 49
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 31st Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    • 2,644 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    britishboy
    Not even making thisa up, was delayed last year with Thomas Cook from Stansted by 5 1/2 hours and got compensation through Resolver (I think it was 320 or 340 each), and delayed on exactly the same flight this year, same time and same day, by 12 hours and just heard we will be getting 400 euros each compensation

You couldnt even make it up... I love Resolver
    • JPears
    • By JPears 31st Jul 18, 12:56 PM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done, but what a pity Thomas Cook have worsened rather than improved their time keeping.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 31st Jul 18, 1:17 PM
    • 2,644 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    britishboy
    Well done, but what a pity Thomas Cook have worsened rather than improved their time keeping.
    Originally posted by JPears

Tell me about it, the mrs was going mad that we'd lost 12 hours of the holiday, until i explained we were getting half the cost of it back, and only losing 12 hours of the holiday. Maths never was her strong point....

Oh, and we are already planning next years holiday on the same flight, so fingers crossed for another few hours sat in the airport
    • Pegoland
    • By Pegoland 1st Aug 18, 6:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pegoland
    Hi All

I have just used the Revolver site to claim compensation for a flight delay last month. Does anyone know the process of how they issue the compensation? I'm a bit worried as the card that I used to pay for the flights initially is now out of use, so would like Vueling to ask me what account/card to refund to.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 1st Aug 18, 6:34 PM
    • 4,254 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    JPears
    Welcome.
    Some users on here would appreciate a Revolver site to use against the airlines.
    It will usually take months on Resolver website, with the likelihood of achieving little. Some airlines won't even respond to Resolver.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • mrfoxy
    • By mrfoxy 7th Aug 18, 11:45 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrfoxy
    TAP are useless
    Hello,

So my partner and I have an ongoing compensation case with TAP Air Portugal. My partner filed the complaint with them and we received an e-mail. They agreed our flight was cancelled and we weren't informed and agreed to pay us compensation. So in a following e-mail they said payments can only be made to the passenger, so they asked for either a declaration from both of us for the money to be put into his bank account or alternatively they asked me to send my printscreen of my bank details.

So, I sent them a reply to the e-mail, case number etc with my own print screen of my bank details. So on the 23rd of July, he received his half of the compensation. It's now the 7th of July and I am yet to receive my half of the compensation. Despite two e-mails and two phone calls to the complaints department they have still not sent me my half. I'm left extremely frustrated. The latest phone call, the lady said to ring back Friday if it isn't in.

It's beyond an absolute joke. I'm starting to think I'm not going to get my bit of compensation.
    • peter_333
    • By peter_333 7th Aug 18, 11:50 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    peter_333
    Hello,

So my partner and I have an ongoing compensation case with TAP Air Portugal. My partner filed the complaint with them and we received an e-mail. They agreed our flight was cancelled and we weren't informed and agreed to pay us compensation. So in a following e-mail they said payments can only be made to the passenger, so they asked for either a declaration from both of us for the money to be put into his bank account or alternatively they asked me to send my printscreen of my bank details.

So, I sent them a reply to the e-mail, case number etc with my own print screen of my bank details. So on the 23rd of July, he received his half of the compensation. It's now the 7th of July and I am yet to receive my half of the compensation. Despite two e-mails and two phone calls to the complaints department they have still not sent me my half. I'm left extremely frustrated. The latest phone call, the lady said to ring back Friday if it isn't in.

It's beyond an absolute joke. I'm starting to think I'm not going to get my bit of compensation.
    Originally posted by mrfoxy
    In my recent experience, TAP are incredibly slow and useless. I've been waiting just under 12 weeks since I initially filed my claim through their website, and they haven't given me any answer yet.

Can I ask when you first filed your complaint, and hot long it took before you first reply?
    • mrfoxy
    • By mrfoxy 7th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrfoxy
    In my recent experience, TAP are incredibly slow and useless. I've been waiting just under 12 weeks since I initially filed my claim through their website, and they haven't given me any answer yet.

Can I ask when you first filed your complaint, and hot long it took before you first reply?
    Originally posted by peter_333
    So my partner filed the claim shortly after the cancelled flight. We received a response July 5th. As I said, he's received his half of the compensation but they told him that I need to send them a print screen. I've now done that 3 times and today I've sent a strongly worded e-mail as my patience is running thin.

Odd to me that he received his compensation on the 23rd July and we both sent our IBAN/BIC details on the same date, which was the 16th July. Absolutely ridiculous.
    • peter_333
    • By peter_333 7th Aug 18, 12:24 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    peter_333
    ... We received a response July 5th ...
    And when was the original flight?
    • mrfoxy
    • By mrfoxy 7th Aug 18, 12:27 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrfoxy

My partner filed the complaint shortly after our cancelled flight on the 16th April. He received a response July 5th. We were offered travel vouchers for TAP or the Article 7 etc. We chose the compensation up to 600 Euros. On the 16th July they asked for his IBAN/BIC details and also said they can only make payments direct to the passenger, so asked him and said I must said them a print screen of my bank details.

I've sent my own banking details 3 times. And the funny thing is, I sent mine on the same day my partner sent his and yet he's received his compensation and I haven't received mine! I know they've received my e-mail as part of the ongoing case, as when I rang the TAP phone line, the gentleman on the phone read out my message which basically just said, I'm the other passenger on the flight, and wish for compensations to be paid directly to me, please find my banking details....

Today I've sent them a strongly worded e-mail as my patience is running thin. Very, very frustrated.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th Aug 18, 12:39 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    Tyzap

Today I've sent them a strongly worded e-mail as my patience is running thin. Very, very frustrated.
    Hi mrfoxy,

Send them an LBA, details in Vaubans guide, details below here.

The start of the road to court should get their attention. Don't play letter ping pong with them any more, it could go on and on.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • peter_333
    • By peter_333 7th Aug 18, 12:46 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    peter_333
    Hi mrfoxy,

The start of the road to court should get their attention. Don't play letter ping pong with them any more, it could go on and on.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    For reference, here is their UK office address:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/BR000460

Of course, my LBA to that address went unanswered, but my fingers are crossed you have more luck. :-)
    • mrfoxy
    • By mrfoxy 7th Aug 18, 12:55 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrfoxy
    Hi mrfoxy,

Good luck.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    Is this really worth doing though? As they've actually paid compensation to my partner..... It's just obviously they haven't paid it to me, despite asking me to send them a print screen... and then I've sent it 3 times!
    • peter_333
    • By peter_333 7th Aug 18, 12:59 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    peter_333
    Is this really worth doing though? As they've actually paid compensation to my partner..... It's just obviously they haven't paid it to me, despite asking me to send them a print screen... and then I've sent it 3 times!
    It's your choice. Either you give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to pay, or you advance the legal process of reclaiming the money.

There is a third option, and that is to utilise the Aviation ADR service (free disputes resolution service). It's a more tame option, if you feel full legal action isn't warranted, but you have reached a point where you no longer want to deal with their hassle.
    • mrfoxy
    • By mrfoxy 7th Aug 18, 1:06 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mrfoxy
    It's your choice. Either you give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to pay, or you advance the legal process of reclaiming the money.

There is a third option, and that is to utilise the Aviation ADR service (free disputes resolution service). It's a more tame option, if you feel full legal action isn't warranted, but you have reached a point where you no longer want to deal with their hassle.
    I spoke to them on the phone yesterday and they've said contact them by Friday if the money isn't in my account. I'll wait until Friday and then contact them. If no satisfactory response over the phone by Friday or a reply to my e-mails then I think I'll figure out my options. It's just ridiculous how they've paid one of us but not the other.

If I send them a letter using the guide (if they don't pay up), do I send that letter as an e-mail or to their headquarters in London or Lisbon or what?
    • peter_333
    • By peter_333 7th Aug 18, 1:12 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    peter_333
    If I send them a letter using the guide (if they don't pay up), do I send that letter as an e-mail or to their headquarters in London or Lisbon or what?
    The legal process goes one of two ways:
    1. If the company has a UK presence, then you can make a County Court Money Claim using a super convenient online system.
    2. If they have no UK presence, then you have to use a European claim system, which is a significant additional hassle.

Obviously, as TAP have a UK presence, then I'd use the UK small claims system, so send the letter to their UK address (it makes sense to be sending it to the local entity you'll be naming as the defendant in any potential legal action).
    • NandoDave
    • By NandoDave 8th Aug 18, 8:31 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    NandoDave
    BMI Regional
    Hello.

In March, my flight with BMI regional was cancelled. The person at the airport stated it was due to a technical fault. I believe that the aircraft was actually used for a different flight and they chose to cancel and underbooked service. The weather was perfect for flying and all other flights were running at the airport. I was rebooked for the following day.

I raised a Resolver complaint as soon as possible and have been through the various escalations until it sent an email to the CAA on 23rd May. I have received no response from either BMI or the CAA.

Having decided Resolver was a lost cause, and BMI were probably just ignoring anything that comes from it, I went to send a query via the BMI website to them to ask for the compensation. Unfortunately I didn't see that there was a template for a letter on here until I had clicked send.

I just received an email auto-responder saying they are "working to a timeframe of 60 days for a reply".

Is there a quicker method of contact for BMI regional? Or do I just dig in for the long haul?

Dave
    • wexford bohs
    • By wexford bohs 8th Aug 18, 8:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wexford bohs
    I was due to fly from San Fancisco to Dublin 6 weeks ago that was cancelled after the man towing the plane to the gate hit the terminal wall !!!!

The flight did not leave until a day & 1/2 later. I have applied to Aer Lingus for the mandatory 600 compensation. Its just gone past the max waiting time of 6 working weeks for a reply and still I can't get a response despite multiple claims it's been prioritised.

Is there any chance Aer Lingus try and claim this is an extraordinary event out of their control and refuse to pay the compensation?
    Originally posted by wexford bohs
    Applied for compensation & I got an e-mail back today from Aer Lingus to say my claim had been approved. I just have to send them my bank details to get the 600 lodged to my account
    • angelabell26
    • By angelabell26 8th Aug 18, 9:02 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    angelabell26
    Newbie, can I claim or not?
    Newbie who is a bit confused, lol!!

We were over an hour late leaving our British Airways flight from New York to London which meant we missed our connecting flight to Glasgow. We had to wait just under four hours to get on the next flight to Glasgow. Given no reason why the flight was late leaving. Are we entitled to claim? Thanks
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 8th Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Was the flight from New York to Glasgow via London all on one ticket?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,882Posts Today

9,507Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How much of your income do you spend on holidays each year? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/LZ3YIGra1p

• RT @FinanceJames: @MartinSLewis Absolutely do. I've been shouldered out of the way by cyclists - while on a bike myself - because I'd stopp?

• I no longer have a car. I mostly walk (& occasionally cycle). I don't need lecturing on bad drivers, I lost my moth? https://t.co/tsBYUEhRjt

• Follow Martin