Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 37
    • CoffeeLover
    • By CoffeeLover 8th Aug 18, 7:55 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CoffeeLover
    USA Delay

I ended up with a 4Hr+ delay due to the incoming flight being delayed. This was for a UK to New York flight. I can see that there may be extraordinary circumstances ie. weather, although I was not directly affected.

Basically the aircraft has done a USA internal flight and been diverted elsewhere due to bad weather, then it's headed to it's original destination once weather has cleared. Then it's gone back to its base - New York - and then it's done a scheduled flight to the UK, and I was boarding the return leg - back to New York (delayed departure). So it's a kind of domino effect causing the delay.

Reckon I have a claim under the EU rules?

CoffeeLover
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 8th Aug 18, 8:04 PM
    • 1,564 Posts
    • 695 Thanks
    Tyzap
    USA Delay

I ended up with a 4Hr+ delay due to the incoming flight being delayed. This was for a UK to New York flight. I can see that there may be extraordinary circumstances ie. weather, although I was not directly affected.

Basically the aircraft has done a USA internal flight and been diverted elsewhere due to bad weather, then it's headed to it's original destination once weather has cleared. Then it's gone back to its base - New York - and then it's done a scheduled flight to the UK, and I was boarding the return leg - back to New York (delayed departure). So it's a kind of domino effect causing the delay.

Reckon I have a claim under the EU rules?

CoffeeLover
    Originally posted by CoffeeLover
    I agree.

Your flight was not directly affected by bad weather so a valid claim.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • CoffeeLover
    • By CoffeeLover 8th Aug 18, 8:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CoffeeLover
    Thanks, as I thought. Can only put the claim in and see how it works out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,785Posts Today

8,473Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin