Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 5:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Solarplicity (previously LOCO2 Energy)

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 9
    • lewisa
    • By lewisa 9th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    • 239 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    lewisa
    I switched from Solarplicity at tge end of Feb. My final boll said i was £46.02 in credit. I have been trying in vain to get this refunded since then. I send tgem polite weekly emails and make iccasional phone calls. Emails are never answered and the person on tge phone say they will pass it on to the finance dept. Ove five months now and no refund. I would recommend avoiding this company.
    Originally posted by brads39
    Reclaim your last DD via the direct debit guarantee and then ask them to send you a final bill for whatever is outstanding.
    • brads39
    • By brads39 9th Aug 18, 11:44 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    brads39
    Thanks, TSB are refunding last direct debit from Feb. I am still about seven quid out of pocket but i will live with that.
    • lewisa
    • By lewisa 9th Aug 18, 12:16 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    lewisa
    Thanks, TSB are refunding last direct debit from Feb. I am still about seven quid out of pocket but i will live with that.
    Originally posted by brads39
    Email them to tell them what you have done.

Solarplicity seem to have a problem with February

• Gosport Hants
    • By Gosport Hants 10th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gosport Hants
    SOLARPLICITY - Appalling Service - No customer contact possible
    Impossible to get hold of, no one seems to have control or ownership of problems and the first uninitiated query I received from SOLARPLICITY was a Credit Controller chasing up unpaid debts of £200...which leads me to ask why they just stopped taking my direct debit in the first place.
    It has taken me over a year to switch to them (Jul 17 - Still not quite sorted in Aug 18) and in the meanwhile other promises are broken, such as the LED lights which were part of the attraction of joining. In fact, the fixed rate tariff has expired before the queries over accounts, rates, standing orders and undelivered opening offers were delivered!
    As I currently wait for coming up to an hour on the phone, unable to contact my "Personal Customer Champion", I don't hold out much hope of getting my queries resolved today.
    They could be good and I like their ethics...I like their zero rate standing charge but I .just don't expect anything that isn't instantly soluble on the website to ever get resolved!
    Goodness knows what will happen when I put in my request to leave over this coming weekend!
    • Inigo Montoya
    • By Inigo Montoya 10th Aug 18, 6:01 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    Inigo Montoya
    I waited over an hout to speak to someone a few days ago - its not a freephone number either (local rate) & I dont have a call plan that includes free local calls
    • brads39
    • By brads39 14th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    brads39
    I just got an email from them telling me the refund was being processed. It was a response to an email I had sent to them in June. I presume they have sent this as they will have received notification from my bank about the direct debit I asked my bank to claim back.
    • lewisa
    • By lewisa 14th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    • 239 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    lewisa
    You've done well there, only waiting 2 to 3 months for a response to an email. That's quick by Solarplicity standards

I wouldn't worry. If they do actually process the refund seperately to the DD guarantee and you end up owing them money, just ask them to send through a new final bill and pay them.
    • Bellagio1
    • By Bellagio1 15th Aug 18, 11:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bellagio1
    On July 19th I had this automatic response from Solarplicity:

The Customer Champion initiative has now ended. You do not need to resend your email as it has been automatically forwarded to our contact centre and will be dealt with as quickly as possible.

Well they have never replied and I have emailed 'the team' on three separate occasions and still no reply, As to contacting them by telephone, it's a complete joke as they never answer the phone.
    This is the worst firm I have ever dealt with in my life. I have used 'resolver' now to try to sort out my problem.

They are supposed to be coming to fit my smart gas meter next Monday but despite being told I would receive a confirmation email I have heard nothing. They failed to turn up the first time to fit my electricity smart meter and I was promised a £30 credit, that was 5 months ago and still no credit. Personally I think they will be one of the next businesses to go to the wall.
    • Lelaki Gemuk
    • By Lelaki Gemuk 20th Aug 18, 12:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lelaki Gemuk
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with Solarplicity. They are virtually impossible to contact by phone, ignore your emails, and ultimately lied to me by saying they were unable to proceed with the switch because my current supplier had objected. In fact my current supplier had received no contact from Solarplicity and have informed me that there would not have been any reason to object if the contact had been requested.
    Despite the thousands of terrible reviews I initiated a switch with Solarplicity on 27/07/2018. I sent several emails with queries about the switch which were completely ignored. Solarplicity set a direct debit at least eleven pounds a month higher than my usage dictated and the main thrust of my emails was concerning this. I specifically told them that I did not authorise a payment at that level but they went ahead and debited the amount around 23/07/2018. There was no further news about the switch and I continued sending emails and trying to contact them unsuccessfully by phone.
    Eventually Solarplicity emailed on 09/08/2018 saying they were unable to progress the switch as my current supplier had objected when in fact they have not ever contacted my current supplier to request the switch. I did reclaim the direct debit payment through my bank without quibble.
    Of course, because of the length of time that Solarplicity took to do nothing, I went onto my supplier's standard rate. So as well as costing me an enormous amount of wasted time they have cost me money again.
    Thankfully the switch has not gone through. Solarplicity's lack of action and duplicity have saved me from another twelve-month of agony trying to deal with their non-existent customer service
    • RigPig683
    • By RigPig683 23rd Aug 18, 6:36 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    RigPig683
    Appalling company. Avoid like novichok.
    BUY A TICKET FOR TITANIC 2 BEFORE YOU GET ON THIS SINKING WRECK OF A FIRM.
    After six months of hell, I have finally given up and gone back to Ebico.
    A fictitious electricity meter with an equally fictitious reading and debit applied to my account.
    All because they didn't realise they had swapped the last two digits of the MPAN.
    Finally added the RIGHT meter, BUT... KEPT the WRONG meter AND THE DEBIT AS WELL (TWO meters for a flat ).
    UNTIL THIS MONDAY - SOME 83 (YES, 83!) EMAILS, A REFERRAL TO THE OMBUDSMAN AND A VERY STRONGLY WORDED EMAIL TO THE "CEO" LATER - THE VERY DAY I SWITCHED BACK.

SELL YOUR CHILDREN TO PAY YOUR EXISTING COMPANY BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS MESS.
    Last edited by RigPig683; 23-08-2018 at 6:46 AM. Reason: amplify
    Yes, I'm back to abnormal now - thank you for asking.
    (the difficult second album)
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 23rd Aug 18, 11:04 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    BUY A TICKET FOR TITANIC 2 BEFORE YOU GET ON THIS SINKING WRECK OF A FIRM.
    After six months of hell, I have finally given up and gone back to Ebico.
    A fictitious electricity meter with an equally fictitious reading and debit applied to my account.
    All because they didn't realise they had swapped the last two digits of the MPAN.
    Finally added the RIGHT meter, BUT... KEPT the WRONG meter AND THE DEBIT AS WELL (TWO meters for a flat ).
    UNTIL THIS MONDAY - SOME 83 (YES, 83!) EMAILS, A REFERRAL TO THE OMBUDSMAN AND A VERY STRONGLY WORDED EMAIL TO THE "CEO" LATER - THE VERY DAY I SWITCHED BACK.

SELL YOUR CHILDREN TO PAY YOUR EXISTING COMPANY BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS MESS.
    Originally posted by RigPig683

Let's look on the bright side.

It seems your experience of this supplier has brought you back to MSE after almost 3 years absence. And you got up at early doors too to make this post

Posts like yours are invaluable to this site, and this site relies upon posters like yourself to ensure it does not die.

Let's hope now you have resumed posting on this site, we can all look forward to more informative & invaluable posts from yourself in the near future
    • lewisa
    • By lewisa 26th Aug 18, 11:27 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    lewisa
    Solarplicity have now stopped generating PDF invoices for me and are simply billing me for 'Non Statemented Invoices'... whatever they are?

My months without a gas bill or a reply to an email has now tripped over 6 months... so only 6 months to go until I start getting free gas from them under the back billing rules.... Please keep ignoring my emails Solarplicity, I implore you!
    • hahnchen
    • By hahnchen 28th Aug 18, 12:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hahnchen
    I'm just replying to note that I was kept on hold for 50 minutes.

I've had no prior issues.
    Last edited by hahnchen; 28-08-2018 at 1:16 PM.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 28th Aug 18, 1:34 PM
    • 6,063 Posts
    • 2,750 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Just had an email from them asking me to fill out customer satisfaction survey. I left them months ago because of the lack of bills and communication. What a laugh.
    • chatterbox_333
    • By chatterbox_333 29th Aug 18, 9:15 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chatterbox_333
    What can I say about this company. Well firstly, do they even have anyone working in their call center?
    I have called a few times since supposedly joining for dual fuel back in March.
    They only took the gas supply and again after emailing I am still only being supplied with gas so have never received the Cashback offer. Oh hum!
    I try calling but usually give up aftsr 20 minutes as if they can not answer by then, then I have to live my life doing more interesting and less frustrating things to do.
    The few missives I have received from them are general excuses and they have still not actioned any of the email complaints that I have been sending since May.
    AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! is my advice and as soon as possible I will switch.
    Or I will do once they actually let me as it seems I can not while the original switch is still ongoing. Aargh!.
    • Sea Fossil
    • By Sea Fossil 29th Aug 18, 8:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sea Fossil
    Joined from Ebico who had just put their prices up. I like the no standing charge as I am away a lot. I can not fault Solarplicity, easy switch and my smart meter was changed within two days. I also won a £200 prize from them so am more than happy! This company was the cheapest I could fine with no standing charge on occasion when I had to telephone there was a 35 minute wait but to keep their costs down- this I could live with. No problems with emailing them tho' .
    Last edited by Sea Fossil; 29-08-2018 at 8:08 PM. Reason: more info
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 29th Aug 18, 8:11 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    What can I say about this company. Well firstly, ...
    Originally posted by chatterbox_333
    Let's look on the bright side.

It seems your experience of this supplier has brought you back to MSE after 4 years absence.

Posts like yours are invaluable to this site, and this site relies upon posters like yourself to ensure it does not die.

Let's hope now you have resumed posting on this site, we can all look forward to more informative & invaluable posts from yourself in the near future

Sadly, it does appear you didn't have too much time when you returned as you seem to have immediately disappeared. Hope you return soon, perhaps when you can spare us all a few minutes of your valuable time...
    • Inigo Montoya
    • By Inigo Montoya 4th Sep 18, 10:28 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    Inigo Montoya
    has anybody had an email entitled

Important information about your personal data

the email i received is completely blank
    • Kitchen Sink
    • By Kitchen Sink 5th Sep 18, 9:14 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Kitchen Sink
    has anybody had an email entitled

Important information about your personal data

the email i received is completely blank
    Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
    The detail is there, but your software is not displaying it correctly.

To see the content, could I suggest you begin to reply to the email (but not actually send any response), quoting the email you have received.
    Then change the format of your response from HTML to Plain Text.

Then, low & behold, you will be able to read the contents of the email you have been sent

Essentially it requests you to go into your online accont and update your communications preferences, as you have not done so following a previous email sent.
    • Terresa
    • By Terresa 9th Sep 18, 12:38 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Terresa
    I'm just replying to note that I was kept on hold for 50 minutes.

I've had no prior issues.
    Originally posted by hahnchen
    Good news!
    There seems to be no more long periods of hold

... Now the bad news.

After a period of about 1 minute on hold, you will now receive a message informing you that all their customers service agents are far too busy to take your call so you have 3 options:
    1. Call back later
    2. Send them an email instead - they actually provide an old loco2 email address, so who knows if they will ever receive it, let alone ever respond.
    3. Leave a message and they will call you back ... or so they promise.

This then takes you out of their holding queue, leaving you the only option to end the call, with or without leaving any message.

Even the ombudsman service seem reluctant to assist, advising you try to escalate any complaint yourself. No chance of getting a deadlock letter as they don't reply.

Next stop? The County Court I fear
    Although looking at facebook, that may be easier said than done.
    This supplier seems to hide behind a web of interconnected limited companies, so first you need to establish which company you are actually suing (it's not stated on thir bills, like their VAT number is also missing!), and no doubt if you do eventually get the correct one, that one will have no assets available that could be used to enforce any judgement the court may eventually make.
    Last edited by Terresa; 09-09-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,498Posts Today

8,075Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Eh? I think you are confusing a poll with an opinion I wrote my polls in an attempt not to lead the vote, otherwis? https://t.co/2IUtL7vBOr

• Today's Twitter poll: Should fracking be allowed in the UK? A test site reopened this week to much local protest.? https://t.co/orpNJN6Bf9

• Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Follow Martin