Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 5:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Solarplicity (previously LOCO2 Energy)

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 8
    • pooch
    • By pooch 21st Jun 18, 12:02 PM
    • 769 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    pooch
    The rumours appear to be true:

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3003642

But I cannot trace the outcome of the hearing.

They also seem to be a few months late filing their accounts: it might be linked to the above.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    To clarify:

Their current name is SOLARPLICITY ENERGY LIMITED
    (previously known as: LOCO2 ENERGY LTD )
    Registered number: 06895776

You will see the first reply posting feedback in this thread was in January 2014.

Please do not confuse this company with any other similar sounding business.The information you have linked to was a dormant company, which is now in liquidation. It is currently known as AMP 5000 LIMITED, having changed it's name on 13 April 2018 (i.e. before the date of the court hearing).
    The company was only incorporated in August 2015, under the name: SUSTAIN BIDCO 2015 LIMITED .
    Last edited by pooch; 21-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 21st Jun 18, 12:24 PM
    • 6,853 Posts
    • 4,404 Thanks
    Hengus
    To clarify:

Their current name is SOLARPLICITY ENERGY LIMITED
    (previously known as: LOCO2 ENERGY LTD )
    Registered number: 06895776

You will see the first reply posting feedback in this thread was in January 2014.

Please do not confuse this company with any other similar sounding business.The information you have linked to was a dormant company, which is now in liquidation. It is currently known as AMP 5000 LIMITED, having changed it's name on 13 April 2018 (i.e. before the date of the court hearing).
    The company was only incorporated in August 2015, under the name: SUSTAIN BIDCO 2015 LIMITED .
    Originally posted by pooch
    Thanks for the correction. However, I believe that my comment about Company accounts for the period ending 31st March 2017 (for Company 06895776) being nearly 6 months overdue still stands. That is, unless you know different?
    • Chirpy Cheep Cheep
    • By Chirpy Cheep Cheep 22nd Jun 18, 11:00 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Chirpy Cheep Cheep
    Bank details work
    Solarplicity Energy Limited
    Sort Code 16-58-10
    Account 20181965
    Reference: your own account number

Those account details work for me too. I'm taking back control over what I pay to Solarplicity. Of course I'm happy to pay on being invoiced a valid bill with meter readings I supply. But they seem to thrive on sending out estimates even though I've provided them with actuals. And using that as justification to (1) bill me more and (2) jack up my Direct Debit. I'm not having that so I'll pay my bills on demand based on actual consumption
    Last edited by Chirpy Cheep Cheep; 22-06-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: more info
    • jwcoleycat
    • By jwcoleycat 23rd Jun 18, 3:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jwcoleycat
    So glad I researched the company before I switched. I got stung by economy energy last year when I tried to reduce my bills from ecotricity. While I'm back with them now, I'd still like to reduce my bills - but companies like economy energy and solarplicity should not be allowed to stay in business or at the very least take on new clients. Relieved I've dodged a bullet here!!
    • Blowey
    • By Blowey 2nd Jul 18, 5:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blowey
    Hi there I have been with Solarplicity now for four months and have sent a reading about a month ago as they didnít ask for it I just did and I have yet to get a bill .
    I have contacted them about 10 times but no one gets back to me
    Donít use this useless company
    • DCsparky
    • By DCsparky 19th Jul 18, 5:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DCsparky
    Terrible customer service
    Changed to a new supplier 2 months ago. Still have not got back overpaid money. Tried numerous times to phone them, looking at previous reviews I see that holding for 30-45 minutes and hanging up is probably why!! Clearly I should be prepared to wait for 2 hrs - at least its a freephone number from a landline! No response to emails either
    Terrible service - I wasnt aware that such terrible companies were still around - look for another company name change in the future I guess?

Needless to say I will not be returning to this company.... ever
    • edl2011
    • By edl2011 23rd Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    edl2011
    Messed up my switch
    After 5 months they are still only billing me for gas. Despite having spoken to them twice and to old supplier, electricity is still in limbo.
    It takes over half an hour to get through on the phone - and then they don't actually do anything.
    My old supplier can't give me a final bill until they pull their finger out and they owe me a refund.
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 25th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    mbmonty
    I still have not left Solarplicity, but I think I will have to soon, they have horrendous problems with their billing system.

My question is where can I go that offer no standing charge and cheap prices?
    • SP29
    • By SP29 25th Jul 18, 12:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SP29
    I joined Solarplicity in April 2018 and still waiting for a gas bill, despite numerous email requests. I think I will have to find another supplier also, but worried they may charge me an exit fee....?
    • Revoraman
    • By Revoraman 25th Jul 18, 12:48 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Revoraman
    Solarplicity Is Worse Than nPower For Customer Service
    Even though I successfully managed to switch from a clueless, diabolical left-hand-knows-not-what-right-is-doing nPower to solarplicity, unfortunately, their Customer Service to contact or be contacted by them is by far the WORST in the UK of all companies.

1)asked them to: contact me because a friend wanted to switch to them----zilch
    2)failed to follow-up a Tweet they themselves raised.
    3)asked them via email to raise a Complaints Procedure as per Ombudsman's recommendation---again, zilch
    4)and as for phoning them.....at 8am 'all our lines are busy 'excuses to generate money while they deliberately keep customers on hold more than 45 mins and even then do not answer!

.......still waiting!!
    Last edited by Revoraman; 25-07-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 25th Jul 18, 1:23 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    mbmonty
    I joined Solarplicity in April 2018 and still waiting for a gas bill, despite numerous email requests. I think I will have to find another supplier also, but worried they may charge me an exit fee....?
    Originally posted by SP29
    If you signed up for the tariff with exit fee then yes they will charge you

Also they hit you for the free LED light bulbs if you leave within a year.
    • mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 25th Jul 18, 1:40 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    mbmonty
    Even though I successfully managed to switch from a clueless, diabolical left-hand-knows-not-what-right-is-doing nPower to solarplicity, unfortunately, their Customer Service to contact or be contacted by them is by far the WORST in the UK of all companies.

1)asked them to: contact me because a friend wanted to switch to them----zilch
    2)failed to follow-up a Tweet they themselves raised.
    3)asked them via email to raise a Complaints Procedure as per Ombudsman's recommendation---again, zilch
    4)and as for phoning them.....at 8am 'all our lines are busy 'excuses to generate money while they deliberately keep customers on hold more than 45 mins and even then do not answer!

.......still waiting!!
    Originally posted by Revoraman
    Worst than NPower, now that is saying something.

I got letter from CEO saying there was a new Customer Champion program and that all issues would be replied to in 72 hours.

I liked that idea and the fact that they were putting their hands up, admitting they had screwed up

So I emailed my assigned Customer Champion

I did not get a reply within 72 hours

Unless you count an automated reply saying that they have now abandoned Customer Champions, pretending that it was an initiative!

Thanks for your email.
    The Customer Champion initiative has now ended. You do not need to resend your email as it has been automatically forwarded to our contact centre and will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
    Kind regards,
    The Team @ Solarplicity
    Honestly you really can't trust anything this company promises, they say "Standing charges - we do not believe in them" then hike price of no standing charge tariff and bring in tariffs with standing charges.

The billing is all over the place, they seem to issue just gas or just electricity.

If you put in a complaint you will get this (which at least tells you of their complaints procedure, but why would you believe that as they do not keep their promises on anything else.

If your email is with regard to a complaint, please be advised that you will receive a response within 10 working days as per our complaints procedure.

To view a copy of our complaints procedure please visit our website:

https://solarplicity.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Complaints-Handling-Procedure_AW-1.pdf
    I am just writing up a list of all the issues I have had and going to post them on Trustpilot.

Although I am not sure they care, there have been so many reports on there.

I do wonder how they can survive if they are not even billing properly.

The IT people at this company should be hung drawn and quartered, unless they can perhaps show it was he management.

How on earth would you audit such a thing, some customers not sent Gas, some not sent Electricity, readings not accurate.

What a dogs dinner.

Problem is if you do not pay them you end up with a pre-pay smart meter, incredibly inconvenient and not smart at all.
    Last edited by mbmonty; 25-07-2018 at 1:43 PM.
    • johnstonam
    • By johnstonam 2nd Aug 18, 6:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    johnstonam
    I contacted the Ombudsman about these matters and have just had their judgement. They conclude that -

There is no dispute that you have received a poor level of service from Solarplicity and that bills it has issued contain conflicting information.

The conflicting information provided by Solarplicity is a shortfall in service.

Based on the information available, I am satisfied that you have experienced shortfalls in service with Solarplicity. A copy of the letter issued by its CEO on 27 April 2018 acknowledges this. I can see that Solarplicity referred you to a customer champion who initially responded to your complaint but failed to resolve it. The correspondence you have provided shows that you pursued your complaint with the company from May 2018 and the account notes logged support this. However, Solarplicity failed to respond to your concerns, which is a further shortfall in service. Additionally, there is no evidence to show that Solarplicity referred you to our service to escalate the complaint when it failed to resolve it within eight weeks, as I would expect it to do so. This is a further shortfall in service. I accept that you have taken time and trouble in pursuing your complaint and that you experienced delays in contacting the company and I acknowledge the inconvenience caused.
    They now require Solarplicity to provide a written apology and credit my account with £50 as compensation for the crap service.

You should all follow this approach - at least I feel a bit better and I have some financial reward!

• mbmonty
    • By mbmonty 2nd Aug 18, 6:32 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    mbmonty
    Not enough, the number of letters I have written which have not been responded to, the so called Champions have been flushed down the loo.

So we are not back to no reply, no answer on phone.

Ask the Ombudsman to refer Solarplicity to OFGEM for sanctions, for a start, no new customers until they have zero outstanding queries. That means put all customer messages in help desk and email each custommer and ask if issue is still outstanding.

Only allow customer to close ticket

I think Solarplicity is dead man walking.
    • cyfinachol
    • By cyfinachol 6th Aug 18, 12:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cyfinachol
    TERRIBLE! Never answer the phone, have been on hold for over an hour a time on several occasions and still not got a reply, and the hold music is enough to send you crazy. Don't reply or even acknowledge e mails, so how are you supposed to contact them? Switched through Credit Club months ago, but they haven't confirmed switch so I can't get my cashback or have full access to my account. How are they still in business? Also took ages to sort out switch and messed up opening readings and for some reason took forever to start charging me for one fuel when I'm on duel fuel.
    Oh, and so called 'customer champion' appointed to sort out any problems - no longer exists- thanks for that!
    I SO WISH I HAD NEVER SWITCHED TO THESE, ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH THEM!!!
    • fabsaver
    • By fabsaver 6th Aug 18, 12:33 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    fabsaver
    Oh dear this isn't looking good at all. I can see them going the way of Iresa the way things are going. I want out but apparently I'm trapped and can't switch away from them

When I log into my MSE Energy Club it states that my switch is in still in progress and that I can't switch again until that completes. Well I've been paying Solarplicity for my energy for more than 6 months. If I have to wait for their non existent customer services to mark my switch as completed I suspect I'll be waiting a very long time.
    • Lucaz
    • By Lucaz 7th Aug 18, 2:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lucaz
    I find it hard to believe some of the reviews for Solarplicity here. Just go look at Trust Pilot.

My own experiences mirror the most awful experiences of Solarplicity you will read there. They are not worth any rating of value whatsoever. They got me to tearing my hair out point in my first contract. I did renew my contract with them after experiencing a couple of months stability with their bills. I truly regret doing it. I have reported them to The Ombudsman Service. It is impossible to communicate with Solarplicity in any way whatsoever. AVOID SOLARPLICITY IF YOU VALUE PEACE OF MIND. Unreliable billing, poor transfers of supply and more besides are trademarks of this company. They have no concerns for their customers at all.
    • lewisa
    • By lewisa 7th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    lewisa
    I like Solarplicity.

They have not started billing me for gas yet, and they have ignored my emails for 6 months.

I'm really looking forward to when the month counter hits 12, because that's when I start to get "Solarplicity Free Gas Credits", for any energy used more than 12 months ago but not billed.

I really hope they continue to ignore my emails.
    • Lucaz
    • By Lucaz 7th Aug 18, 5:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lucaz
    Do not sign up with solarplicity
    Solarplicityís company ethos is beyond any of the best negative adjectives I know. It is impossible to be polite about this company. In 2017 the Ombudsman found in my favour because of their gross ineptitude. After that, billing Issues began to settle, I gave the company a second chance and renewed my contract. I dearly wish I had not. My experiences are the same and similar to the majority of reviewers on TRUST PILOT.... BEYOND AWFUL. Their behaviour to their customers is unacceptably grim. They donít respond to any method to deal with the inflated bills they send out. In my case, I give monthly readings and my account is in credit. However their massively inflated bills create mind-boggling debt.

When the bills arrive there is no way to sort them out. Emails are no longer acknowledged as arriving into solarplicity's system; there is no response to them either. You are left with excessive waits with phone calls, if you get a ringing tone. My most recent phone wait was fifty-five minutes, without being connected to anyone. The company has put the shutters down. There is no communication whatsoever. It is totally impossible to rectify what Solarplicity are doing.

The Energy Ombudsman is now handling my current complaint. If there are enough complaints, perhaps the O.S. (Energy) will have to take a closer look at Solarplicity and do something meaningful about them.

AT ALL COSTS AVOID SIGNING UP WITH SOLARPLICITY.
    • brads39
    • By brads39 9th Aug 18, 10:34 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    brads39
    I switched from Solarplicity at tge end of Feb. My final boll said i was £46.02 in credit. I have been trying in vain to get this refunded since then. I send tgem polite weekly emails and make iccasional phone calls. Emails are never answered and the person on tge phone say they will pass it on to the finance dept. Ove five months now and no refund. I would recommend avoiding this company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

127Posts Today

2,853Users online

Martin's Twitter