Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:59 PM.
Page 57
    • spainman
    • By spainman 16th Jul 18, 1:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    spainman
    Well, another incorrect bill E.ON have kindly sent me. This is beyond a joke. You lot must be the most incompetent bunch i have ever come across. You really deserve some sort of award
    A bill a day courtesy of E.ON and all of them WRONG
    • mark88man
    • By mark88man 16th Jul 18, 9:45 PM
    • 3,229 Posts
    • 6,721 Thanks
    mark88man
    E.ON are bullying and harassing my DD. They should be ashamed of themselves
    Things happen for a reason. Often the reason is we are stupid & make bad decisions.
    Weight - Fluctuating - less than I was more than I should be
    1/18: CC:11.5K@0% - Car Loan:17K@2.8% - Mort:145K@2.9%
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018-1H:£11K
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Billing
    E.ON must like wasting paper and money to send out so many WRONG bills to me.
    Get your facts right E.ON
    The energy ombudsman is on to you.
    Originally posted by spainman
    Well, another incorrect bill E.ON have kindly sent me. This is beyond a joke. You lot must be the most incompetent bunch i have ever come across. You really deserve some sort of award
    A bill a day courtesy of E.ON and all of them WRONG
    Originally posted by spainman
    Good morning spainman and I'm sorry you're unhappy with the accuracy of the bills we've sent. Why do you believe they're wrong? Have we used estimated readings, incorrect dates, prices you weren't expecting or something else?

Whatever the reason, you're right to go down the complaints path. If we haven't already, we'll offer a resolution and, if this isn't acceptable, advice about how to approach the Energy Ombudsman. The Ombudsman's decision is binding on us but not on you. If you decide to accept their ruling, we must implement their instructions in full within 28 days of the decision being made. There's more about how we look after complaints on our website.

Malc
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Ombudsman Complaints
    Originally posted by mark88man
    Hello mark88man. Helena has replied on the separate thread you've started about this at the link below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74538884#post74538884

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • AlMurray
    • By AlMurray 13th Sep 18, 2:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AlMurray
    Utterly hopeless
    Not a customer (though not for want of trying!) but just thought I'd share my experience of trying to switch. EDF tariff's ending soon so looking for an alternative. Eon looked decent so decided to check them out.

Their website is pretty clunky for quotes - if you go back at the tariff page it loses everything - but eventually found out what I wanted.

Hit select tariffs, filled in the details and then got presented with the direct debit form. Looked easy enough - name, account, sort code. Would it accept it? Not a chance. Tried three times on the pc and for good measure once on the tablet. No dice. Somewhere in in the middle it started telling me that there was already an account at the property but, after a sandwich, it gave on that. After another couple of tries I decided I need help.

Hit the contact us button and got sent to live chat. Great, I thought. Lovely girl called Anna. Except she's in the billing team. They don't do switches. And there's no live chat for switching. So much for all online, but hey. She gave me a phone number.

Dutifully dialled the number. Another lovely girl. Sadly, after much tooing and froing, it turns out that - although she is in the switch team, she can't switch me because the tariff i was after is online. Even though the online doesn't work. She suggested I call customer services. It felt like a brush off but I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and make one last try.

Dutifully call customer services. Yeah, you know where this is going. Customer services only deal with customers. Which of course I'm not yet and, on current progress, highly unlikely to become. No customer number, no service.

In short, it looks great - except the website doesn't work, the switch team can't switch you and customer services can't help unless you're already a customer. It may just be that the websites down and if I try again tomorrow it'll go through, but really not sure I want to deal with Eon now. If they're this useless with a potential customer, what are they going to be like once they've got me?
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 13th Sep 18, 3:38 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    Sosumi

Originally posted by mark88man
    E.ON is bullying and harassing your poor, defenceless Direct Debit?

That's outrageous! Report it to the Governor of the Bank of England.
    Switching to E.ON
    Not a customer (though not for want of trying!) but just thought I'd share my experience of trying to switch. EDF tariff's ending soon so looking for an alternative. Eon looked decent so decided to check them out.

Their website is pretty clunky for quotes - if you go back at the tariff page it loses everything - but eventually found out what I wanted.

Hit select tariffs, filled in the details and then got presented with the direct debit form. Looked easy enough - name, account, sort code. Would it accept it? Not a chance. Tried three times on the pc and for good measure once on the tablet. No dice. Somewhere in in the middle it started telling me that there was already an account at the property but, after a sandwich, it gave on that. After another couple of tries I decided I need help.

Hit the contact us button and got sent to live chat. Great, I thought. Lovely girl called Anna. Except she's in the billing team. They don't do switches. And there's no live chat for switching. So much for all online, but hey. She gave me a phone number.

Dutifully dialled the number. Another lovely girl. Sadly, after much tooing and froing, it turns out that - although she is in the switch team, she can't switch me because the tariff i was after is online. Even though the online doesn't work. She suggested I call customer services. It felt like a brush off but I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and make one last try.

Dutifully call customer services. Yeah, you know where this is going. Customer services only deal with customers. Which of course I'm not yet and, on current progress, highly unlikely to become. No customer number, no service.

In short, it looks great - except the website doesn't work, the switch team can't switch you and customer services can't help unless you're already a customer. It may just be that the websites down and if I try again tomorrow it'll go through, but really not sure I want to deal with Eon now. If they're this useless with a potential customer, what are they going to be like once they've got me?
    Originally posted by AlMurray
    Hello AlMurray and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're struggling to join us and that the advisor in our switch team sent you to Customer Services. This was the wrong advice if the tariff you're after is Go Online v18. This is only available through certain Price Comparison sites including the Cheap Energy Club here on MSE. It's not available on our website either.

Also sorry you found the website difficult to use. We've had some system issues of late and I suspect these contributed to your poor experience. If you're still interested in a tariff that's available through the website, all's okay now and you'll be able to use the quote tool.

I'm assuming here it's Go Online v18 you're interested in. If not, please let me know the tariff and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps AlMurray.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin