Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:59 PM.
Page 54
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Monthly Direct Debit
    I recieved a letter but it told me I had cancelled the DD. It never mentioned any of the problems you did in the above post. In fact, when I spoke to an e.on agent this morning she insisted it was either my fault or my bank's. Again, no mention of any problems e.on's end. She offered me a new DD plan of over £100 a month which I rejected. Then I asked if I could pay the missed month of April over the phone using my debit card.

But regardless, my new monthly plan is £84. When I signed up is was supposed to be £65. I have an online account and shall look into the DD manager.
    Originally posted by SwatCat
    Hello SwatCat and sorry if my earlier speculation was wrong. It's just that it sounded similar.

Many thanks for the payment. This will bring the arrangement back on track as we aim for a zero balance by the annual review. When customers first switch to us, we base their monthly payments on the information we're given at the time. Now the switch is complete, we'll have received details of past usage at the property. This lets us re-assess how much we think you'll need to pay to hit the zero balance.

Totally understand, circumstances change and that's why it's great you're going to check out the Direct Debit Manager. This is designed to help you keep on top of your account and will let you see if too much credit/debit is building up. If it is, you'll be able to make changes to keep things on track. We'll also review the arrangement quarterly but will only make changes, if needed, at the six monthly and annual points. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think changes are needed but leave it up to you to make any alterations. At the annual review, we'll automatically refund any credit balance over a fiver so you'll only pay for the energy used.

Hope this puts a bit more flesh on the bones so to speak SwatCat.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Missko
    • By Missko 23rd Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Missko
    Please, please help me. Both you and Scottish Power insist you are supplying my gas and are billing me. I have spent hours and hours on the phone, email, twitter, everything. No-one cares and I am so stressed out and upset. Imran on the phone today just laughed at me and told me it was actually co-op who were my previous suppliers, not Scottish Power. He also told me I was rude and was throwing ammunition at him. I'm at the end of my tether and don't know where to turn.
    Credit Card £4350 @ 0% until October 2015
    E.ON Billing
    Please, please help me. Both you and Scottish Power insist you are supplying my gas and are billing me. I have spent hours and hours on the phone, email, twitter, everything. No-one cares and I am so stressed out and upset. Imran on the phone today just laughed at me and told me it was actually co-op who were my previous suppliers, not Scottish Power. He also told me I was rude and was throwing ammunition at him. I'm at the end of my tether and don't know where to turn.
    Originally posted by Missko

Hello Missko and I'm sorry you're having these problems. I'm also sorry our advisor laughed. This clearly isn't funny. I'd follow Helena's advice on the thread you started last week at the link below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5831913

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • steven cardwell
    • By steven cardwell 25th Apr 18, 7:00 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    steven cardwell
    I was wondering if one of the e-on reps could help with this question, i am moving supplier on the 9th May, my direct debit date with e-on is the 15th that i would imagine would be the usual amount that i've been paying every month, after my last check with meter readings it looks like i've got a little bit extra to pay after the direct debit amount to zero the account.

The new energy company i am going with is one that charges in advance, so the month ahead will be very tight money wise for us, so can one of the e-on reps tell me how the final billing all works please.

I am taking it at the 9th May being the switch that the 15th would be too soon for everything being neat and tidy so if that is the case, when would the remainder that is due be taken, on the next billing date of the 15th (June) or would there be another bill generated before that?

Just would really like to know as i said money is very tight and every penny counts, i have tried looking on the website and there was even a link in the "sorry to see you go email" but instead of linking to things you need to know for leaving it redirects to selling tariffs!

Many Thanks, i've been with e-on for a few years now, but unfortunately the current tariffs are all £20+ a month more than we currently pay, so we have no alternative but to look elsewhere.
    Switching from E.ON
    I was wondering if one of the e-on reps could help with this question, i am moving supplier on the 9th May, my direct debit date with e-on is the 15th that i would imagine would be the usual amount that i've been paying every month, after my last check with meter readings it looks like i've got a little bit extra to pay after the direct debit amount to zero the account.

The new energy company i am going with is one that charges in advance, so the month ahead will be very tight money wise for us, so can one of the e-on reps tell me how the final billing all works please.

I am taking it at the 9th May being the switch that the 15th would be too soon for everything being neat and tidy so if that is the case, when would the remainder that is due be taken, on the next billing date of the 15th (June) or would there be another bill generated before that?

Just would really like to know as i said money is very tight and every penny counts, i have tried looking on the website and there was even a link in the "sorry to see you go email" but instead of linking to things you need to know for leaving it redirects to selling tariffs!

Many Thanks, i've been with e-on for a few years now, but unfortunately the current tariffs are all £20+ a month more than we currently pay, so we have no alternative but to look elsewhere.
    Originally posted by steven cardwell
    Morning Steven and happy to help.

Sorry to lose you but totally understand what you're saying about making every penny count.

Your new supplier will drive the switch. They'll send us their opening meter readings and we'll use the same ones to close our account and issue the final bill. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. We aim to send final bills within 32 working days of the transfer date. If you've registered with our website for paperless billing, we'll put this bill online and send an email to let you know.

Once the account closes, no further regular monthly payments will be taken. Where there's an active Direct Debit and there's an outstanding balance, we'll collect this as a one off Direct Debit. We'll let you know when we're going to do this on the final bill. Usually this is around 14 days after the final bill date.

If your account closes on 9 May 18, we wouldn't take the payment due on 15 May 18. As above, the full amount on the final bill will be collected on the date advised.

Should you close the Direct Debit, we'll ask for immediate payment of any outstanding balance. There are various ways to pay including online through our website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can pay by card over the phone from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Hope this explains Steven. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    • steven cardwell
    • By steven cardwell 26th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    steven cardwell
    Morning Steven and happy to help.

Sorry to lose you but totally understand what you're saying about making every penny count.

Your new supplier will drive the switch. They'll send us their opening meter readings and we'll use the same ones to close our account and issue the final bill. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. We aim to send final bills within 32 working days of the transfer date. If you've registered with our website for paperless billing, we'll put this bill online and send an email to let you know.

Once the account closes, no further regular monthly payments will be taken. Where there's an active Direct Debit and there's an outstanding balance, we'll collect this as a one off Direct Debit. We'll let you know when we're going to do this on the final bill. Usually this is around 14 days after the final bill date.

If your account closes on 9 May 18, we wouldn't take the payment due on 15 May 18. As above, the full amount on the final bill will be collected on the date advised.

Should you close the Direct Debit, we'll ask for immediate payment of any outstanding balance. There are various ways to pay including online through our website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can pay by card over the phone from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm Saturdays.

Hope this explains Steven. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Many Thanks.

I've loved the control i had with the website, seeing the direct debit info and being able to change payments myself, check tariffs etc and i have been lucky over the last few years of finding a new eon fix similar to the one ending each time, its just unfortunate that this time it wasn't the case as it can be often the devil you know, especially more so when you have had a decent experience over the years, plus of course you guys replying here on the forums.

Where i work its a 38 week contract that is paid over 12 months and my other half hasn't been well and currently isn't working, hence the money is tight, especially when paying off the previous supplier whilst the new one wants to charge in advance, so the next month will certainly be counting pennies!
    Last edited by steven cardwell; 26-04-2018 at 4:37 PM.
    Switching from E.ON
    Many Thanks.

I've loved the control i had with the website, seeing the direct debit info and being able to change payments myself, check tariffs etc and i have been lucky over the last few years of finding a new eon fix similar to the one ending each time, its just unfortunate that this time it wasn't the case as it can be often the devil you know, especially more so when you have had a decent experience over the years, plus of course you guys replying here on the forums.

Where i work its a 38 week contract that is paid over 12 months and my other half hasn't been well and currently isn't working, hence the money is tight, especially when paying off the previous supplier whilst the new one wants to charge in advance, so the next month will certainly be counting pennies!
    Originally posted by steven cardwell
    Hello Steven and glad you've found our MSE replies useful.

Also pleased you've been happy with our website. We've been developing this over the years to give customers more tools, like the Direct Debit Manager, to help them keep on top of their accounts.

As above, totally understand the need to keep costs down and to make as many savings as possible. Hope all goes well in the future and your other half starts to feel a little better soon.

Have a good weekend Steven.

Malc
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 9th May 18, 9:38 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Malc/Helena

Quick question for you.

When existing customers switch from E.ON to another supplier does part of the process include the standard 'Sorry you're leaving email' which most other suppliers seem to use.

I couldn't find any record of receiving this type of email from E.ON the last time I switched away only the usual "Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew" and then nothing else.

It would be very useful for customers to have acknowledgement from E.ON that you are aware of the switch away (price protection etc.) and that it's underway.
    Switching from E.ON
    Malc/Helena

Quick question for you.

When existing customers switch from E.ON to another supplier does part of the process include the standard 'Sorry you're leaving email' which most other suppliers seem to use.

I couldn't find any record of receiving this type of email from E.ON the last time I switched away only the usual "Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew" and then nothing else.

It would be very useful for customers to have acknowledgement from E.ON that you are aware of the switch away (price protection etc.) and that it's underway.
    Originally posted by youravinalarrrf
    Morning youravinalarrrf and thanks for your question.

Yes, we send sorry you're leaving us letters, emails and texts to customers switching away. These go out whilst customers are still in cooling off with the gaining supplier. Whether it's a letter, email or text depends on the contact preferences customers have chosen.

We've revamped this recently and, depending on when you last switched away, the service might have not been as comprehensive as it is now. Although, if you've told us you don't want marketing stuff, this will also have stopped this type of contact.

Hope this answers your question youravinalarrrf. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    • youravinalarrrf
    • By youravinalarrrf 9th May 18, 10:48 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    youravinalarrrf
    Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

I've just checked my old correspondence and I did in fact receive a 'Sorry you are leaving' letter last time I left E.ON but definitely no email which is why I asked the question.

Strange that E.ON would consider it as 'marketing' and not send a simple email as to me it's just part of account management not marketing and absolutely no different to the 'Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew' email?

EDIT: Speak of the devil! I probably jumped the gun a bit as I've just received the 'Sorry to hear you're leaving us' email just now.
    Last edited by youravinalarrrf; 09-05-2018 at 3:16 PM.
    E.ON Contact Consent
    Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

I've just checked my old correspondence and I did in fact receive a 'Sorry you are leaving' letter last time I left E.ON but definitely no email which is why I asked the question.

Strange that E.ON would consider it as 'marketing' and not send a simple email as to me it's just part of account management not marketing and absolutely no different to the 'Your electricity tariff is ending on XXXXXX - it's time to renew' email?
    Originally posted by youravinalarrrf
    Happy to help youravinalarrrf.

Previously, as you received a letter, you wouldn't have had an email as well. This is something we're looking at for the future.

Marketing's a tricky one. Some see all forms of contact as marketing particularly if it involves tariffs. Others, want contact only if it concerns our contractual or statutory obligations; whilst some don't want any contact at all.

To try to accommodate as many customers as possible we've introduced servicing and marketing preferences. This lets customers choose what we contact them about and how we do this. They can change these preferences at any time either over the phone or through their online accounts. By opting to receive marketing material, customers will receive the sorry you're leaving contact.

There will, though, still be certain types of contact we need to make to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. For example, changes to prices and Terms and Conditions.

We're currently reviewing how and when we contact customers. Hope this explains a little more youravinalarrrf.

Malc
    • Zostan
    • By Zostan 16th May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zostan
    Hi Malc,

Question for you.

Me and my brother have just moved home, so we received final catch-up bill. We had set direct debit to pay our bills based on estimated usage. According to our useage of gas and electricity, we supposed to pay extra £99,82 exactly (we've checked meter readings)... meanwhile eon has sent bill for over 420 pounds and it was said, that money will be taken from account shortly. Eon representative keep ignoring our calculations and didn't even try to explain why bill is so high. Is there anything we can do to deal with this situation apart from concating Citizens Advice Consumer Service. I'd rather solve this problem directly.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Hi Malc,

Question for you.

Me and my brother have just moved home, so we received final catch-up bill. We had set direct debit to pay our bills based on estimated usage. According to our useage of gas and electricity, we supposed to pay extra £99,82 exactly (we've checked meter readings)... meanwhile eon has sent bill for over 420 pounds and it was said, that money will be taken from account shortly. Eon representative keep ignoring our calculations and didn't even try to explain why bill is so high. Is there anything we can do to deal with this situation apart from concating Citizens Advice Consumer Service. I'd rather solve this problem directly.
    Originally posted by Zostan
    Good morning Zostan and welcome to the forums.

Malc is on his holidays at the moment, so thought I'd hop on and reply.

I understand that you've received a final bill, is this charged to the actual meter readings that you've provide from your move out day? And are the dates correct?

It sounds like bills previous to this were estimated and now we've had some actual reads we've billed the account accurately and this has caused the balance.

If the meter reads on the final bill are estimated, you need to provide us with the correct ones, did you take any pictures by ant chance?

You need to contact us again and we need to go through the calculations of the bill to you, if you're not happy you need to say that you'd like to raise a complaint.

Thank you

Helena
    • Zostan
    • By Zostan 18th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zostan
    Hi Helena,

Thanks for response.

We do have pictures of readings. Dates are also correct. The only problem is the amount on our bill.

'It sounds like bills previous to this were estimated and now we've had some actual reads we've billed the account accurately and this has caused the balance.' - It's not the case as well. We've included it in our calculations too.

I'll try to contact eon one last time. I hope I won't be ignored again.
    • Bloblik
    • By Bloblik 19th Jun 18, 3:23 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Bloblik
    For a German owned company I get none of the efficiency, spent nearly 2 hours talking to various departments (including complaints) trying get a clear explanation as to why my 90 year old mum has received an extra bill one month after the previous quarterly bill and receipt of her payment, despite the website telling me billing is 3 quarterly.

Asking a simple question, I get back a long complicated explanation with call staff thrusting an answer down my neck, that leaves me none the wiser.
    E.ON Billing
    For a German owned company I get none of the efficiency, spent nearly 2 hours talking to various departments (including complaints) trying get a clear explanation as to why my 90 year old mum has received an extra bill one month after the previous quarterly bill and receipt of her payment, despite the website telling me billing is 3 quarterly.

Asking a simple question, I get back a long complicated explanation with call staff thrusting an answer down my neck, that leaves me none the wiser.
    Originally posted by Bloblik
    Hello Bloblik and I’m sorry you’re unhappy with the explanation we’ve given about your Mum’s bills.

There could be a number of reasons for a second bill. How long has she been with us? If the account has recently started following a change of supplier or home move, the billing could’ve been out of synch initially with the second bill bringing it into line.

Was the original bill estimated and we’ve now re-billed accurately following the receipt of accurate meter readings? Did the first bill cover less than a quarter's usage and this has now been made up by the second bill? Have there been any exceptional circumstances like a meter exchange or a dispute we’ve needed to sort? Has your Mum changed the way she pays for her energy?

You mention our website says quarterly billing. Is your Mum registered with our website and this refers to her personal account or are you seeing a general term used to describe one of the payment frequencies we've available?

Sorry for all the questions Bloblik. The main thing is to make sure we’ve billed up to accurate meter readings. If we have, the charges will reflect how much energy your Mum has used. If not and you let us have readings, we'll be happy to re-bill accurately.

Malc
    • Bloblik
    • By Bloblik 21st Jun 18, 11:11 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Bloblik
    Thank you for your reply.

I run an online account for her, at 90 years of age its a bit beyond her to do that.

Very frustrating, I would ask a simple question, what dates did you require the first meter reading, then be returned a blizzard of information by the person at the call centre, round and round we went.

I am told a quarterly bill is not a quarter, so despite giving readings on 27th Jan, I was told the quarter would then start on 1st Feb, so my next reading on the 24th April was a few days early, forcing the system to send out an additional bill, I should have waited a few days, until 1st May, to then give my reading.
    However they also explained that there is a 2 week window either side of the billing period in which to give readings, which makes it 15-04 to 15-05 when readings would be accepted, every time I questioned this I just got a blizzard of information, and no answer to my question.

The call assistant wanted to close the case as 'resolved', and so to move on the simplest answer from them was for me to only give meter readings when the system sends me an email asking me to do so.
    Which is fine, I would have done that if I'd known at the start, I thought I was doing the right thing giving meter readings 5 days before the end of a 3 month period, nothing complicated about that is there ?

With quarterly billing not actually being a quarter, it is difficult to know otherwise when to send the reading in, so my mum will go on receiving bills, only weeks after her paying one, and then receiving subsequent demands - causing a lot of stress for her.

Seems the customer has no control over this aspect of billing.

So I've not had satisfactory explanation to how your system works, are you willing to explain it here if I give you all the dates.
    E.ON Billing
    Thank you for your reply.

I run an online account for her, at 90 years of age its a bit beyond her to do that.

Very frustrating, I would ask a simple question, what dates did you require the first meter reading, then be returned a blizzard of information by the person at the call centre, round and round we went.

I am told a quarterly bill is not a quarter, so despite giving readings on 27th Jan, I was told the quarter would then start on 1st Feb, so my next reading on the 24th April was a few days early, forcing the system to send out an additional bill, I should have waited a few days, until 1st May, to then give my reading.
    However they also explained that there is a 2 week window either side of the billing period in which to give readings, which makes it 15-04 to 15-05 when readings would be accepted, every time I questioned this I just got a blizzard of information, and no answer to my question.

The call assistant wanted to close the case as 'resolved', and so to move on the simplest answer from them was for me to only give meter readings when the system sends me an email asking me to do so.
    Which is fine, I would have done that if I'd known at the start, I thought I was doing the right thing giving meter readings 5 days before the end of a 3 month period, nothing complicated about that is there ?

With quarterly billing not actually being a quarter, it is difficult to know otherwise when to send the reading in, so my mum will go on receiving bills, only weeks after her paying one, and then receiving subsequent demands - causing a lot of stress for her.

Seems the customer has no control over this aspect of billing.

So I've not had satisfactory explanation to how your system works, are you willing to explain it here if I give you all the dates.
    Hello Bloblik and thanks for coming back to me with the additional information.

I'm sorry our advisor didn't explain the billing properly. We use a billing window which, for quarterly billed customers, is open 14 days either side of the next bill date. The first set of readings entered whilst this window is open automatically creates a bill. Readings entered outside of the window are logged but don't automatically lead to a bill unless manually done by either the customer or one of our advisors.

Once logged in to your Mum's account, you'll be able to see the next bill date on the first screen. It's in the red box on the right near the top of the screen.

I understand where our advisor was coming from when talking about it not being a perfect quarter. It depends when the readings are entered in the billing window. I don't understand, though, their comments about readings entered on 27 January not being billed until 1 February. Readings entered during the billing window result in a bill almost immediately and certainly within 24 hours.

To make sure your Mum's bills are as near as possible to a perfect quarter it's best, if you can, to enter readings around the same time during each billing window. This will leave you with one bill per quarter.

Just a thought but there's also a Real Time Billing facility on our website. This lets you enter readings outside of the billing window and either see the balance that would result or issue your own bill. It helps give you more control over the account.

Sorry again for the frustration caused by our advisor's inadequate explanation and hope this is a bit clearer. Thank you also for giving us readings on a regular basis. Let me know if you're still unsure as happy to help.

Malc
    • Bloblik
    • By Bloblik 22nd Jun 18, 2:46 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Bloblik
    Thanks for your reply.

Went to find where this real time billing is, but can't find it under 'enter meter readings', is that the wrong place to look ?

Now we have opened this back up, guess I would really like to know why this additional bill was created, here are the dates:

Bill 1 - dated 27-01-2018 for £49.49
    FIRST Meter reading given 24-01-2018
    Paid in full 19-02-2018

(I am told this first meter reading starts the quarterly billing period, I am told to give meter readings 3 months from 24-01-18, with a 2 week window ether side.
    I am then told this week that the quarter in fact started on 01-02-18, however should that make any difference - I was within the 'two week either side' period).

Bill 2 dated 17-04-18 £74.98
    Meter reading given 17-01-18
    Paid in full 04-05-18

Bill 3 dated 17-05-18 £24.82
    Estimated

Why did my second meter reading on 17-04-18 give rise to Bill 3 ?

I would have expected to give my next meter reading two weeks either side of 17-07-18, and receive my next bill on or around the 17-07-18, instead I am told my next bill will in fact be on 1st August.

EON seems to not have accepted meter reading 2 as being within the two week period, which I think it is, and as a result spewed out this extra bill.

Ironically, yesterday your debt collection department was chasing payment for Bill 3.
    It was agreed to leave it unpaid until the next bill in August, so why chase in the first place, the electricity bill for the house has been paid regular as clockwork every quarter for the last 50 years !

Personally I can live with all this, but trying to explain it all to a frail 90 year old recently widowed woman, has just been made impossible by your company.
    Your bills or website do not give any guidance of when the quarter starts and ends, and so you do not know when to give meter readings ... even your email reminders do not give a suggested window of dates for readings ...

I find it all very vague ....
    Last edited by Bloblik; 22-06-2018 at 3:04 PM.
    E.ON Billing
    Thanks for your reply.

Went to find where this real time billing is, but can't find it under 'enter meter readings', is that the wrong place to look ?

Now we have opened this back up, guess I would really like to know why this additional bill was created, here are the dates:

Bill 1 - dated 27-01-2018 for £49.49
    FIRST Meter reading given 24-01-2018
    Paid in full 19-02-2018

(I am told this first meter reading starts the quarterly billing period, I am told to give meter readings 3 months from 24-01-18, with a 2 week window ether side.
    I am then told this week that the quarter in fact started on 01-02-18, however should that make any difference - I was within the 'two week either side' period).

Bill 2 dated 17-04-18 £74.98
    Meter reading given 17-01-18
    Paid in full 04-05-18

Bill 3 dated 17-05-18 £24.82
    Estimated

Why did my second meter reading on 17-04-18 give rise to Bill 3 ?

I would have expected to give my next meter reading two weeks either side of 17-07-18, and receive my next bill on or around the 17-07-18, instead I am told my next bill will in fact be on 1st August.

EON seems to not have accepted meter reading 2 as being within the two week period, which I think it is, and as a result spewed out this extra bill.

Ironically, yesterday your debt collection department was chasing payment for Bill 3.
    It was agreed to leave it unpaid until the next bill in August, so why chase in the first place, the electricity bill for the house has been paid regular as clockwork every quarter for the last 50 years !

Personally I can live with all this, but trying to explain it all to a frail 90 year old recently widowed woman, has just been made impossible by your company.
    Your bills or website do not give any guidance of when the quarter starts and ends, and so you do not know when to give meter readings ... even your email reminders do not give a suggested window of dates for readings ...

I find it all very vague ....
    Hello Bloblik and many thanks for the extra information.

I've not been working on MSE this afternoon and have only just seen your post. I'm away in a few minutes until next Tuesday so don't want to rush a reply. I'll go through all the details carefully and advise more on Tuesday. Just didn't want to leave you hanging.

Quick one before I go. Once you've logged in to the online account, choose Give us a Meter Reading in the red box on the first screen I mentioned earlier. On the next screen, enter readings and you'll be given the option of seeing the balance that would come about or issuing a bill to the readings entered.

Have a good weekend Bloblik.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,974Posts Today

8,376Users online

Martin's Twitter