Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:04 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:04 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower 28th Jan 13 at 4:04 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Npower

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Page 19
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 2nd Nov 17, 12:53 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    footyguy
    as per title, switched company over 2 months ago, but still waiting for my final bill, and refund of overpayment. i contacted them a month ago and was told there was problems sending out final bills, but that it would be soon. another month has gone by, contacted them via online messaging and asked if they were going to give me the interest i would have earned on my money. was told my final bill would be prepared by 31st october and to allow ten days for it to be emailed to me, and for my money to be refunded into my bank account.
    today i received a generic letter thanking me for my complaint and to continue to pay for my ongoing energy use whilst they sort this out.
    unbelievable.
    Originally posted by randm
    I'm afraid you have to be patient in these matters.

All suppliers are permitted up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill, according to their supply licence - this is from the date of them termiinating their supply to you (i.e the actual switch date)

Thereafter, you can raise a complaint, which they are permitted 8 weeks to resolve before you can ask the ombudsman to assist you. It will typically take about 3 months from initial receipt before the ombudsman comes to look at your case and offer a proposed resolution.

The supplier is typically allowed a further 28 days to implement the resolution as proposed by the ombudsman (if you accept it)

The best thing is to try and avoid any large build up of credit in the first instance. This useful MSE article explains how ...
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits
    • J_M_W
    • By J_M_W 1st Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    J_M_W
    Feedback on a year withnPower
    Been with npower for a year from December 2016 till now (December 2017).

Switch to them was easy and no big issues.

Problem came to billing - my 1st bill was issued 5 months after signing up - as apparently they had billing system issues. Received bill only after spending quite along time on phone and their online chat.

After year of fixed fees - moving now to AVRO - lets see how will that go- fingers crossed.
    • nadia196
    • By nadia196 29th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nadia196
    NPower - Just Appalling
    I switched to NPower a year ago and am now about to switch again from them to Together Energy but it was a nightmare from start to finish.

When I joined, I was told the date that they wanted my opening meter readings. I gave them those readings on that day and I confirmed the readings with them a couple of days later. Someone at NPower then saw fit to change one of these readings, so when they sent them to E-ON, they were rejected as they didn't tally with my previous readings. After weeks of phone calls between NPower and E-ON I finally discovered what had happened, however no one at NPower could tell me why they had altered the readings.

So I thought OK worst is over, how wrong was I. After 6 months I was sent an email telling me that I would get a statement then another email saying there was a problem with the statements and they would be delayed. At some point I realised that 9 months had passed and I'd not had a single statement, so I called them and asked what was going on, but no-one seemed to know. I asked them to at least work out my usage to ensure I was paying the correct DD amount and see whether I was in credit (as I usually am). They seemed unable to do this and said they needed to call me back (however, I managed to do this myself by using a couple of online calculators). The woman I spoke to never called back, so I called again and spoke to someone else and she did call me back with the info (so mine was quite accurate).

It got even better when I finally got 3 statements for the 9 months which showed I was in credit by almost 200, however, despite this they thought they needed to increase my direct debit! So I called them and told them they were being ridiculous and refused to allow them to increase my DD, eventually they agreed and guess what....I'm still in credit even during the winter months.

I sent a letter of complaint to which I never received a reply and they claim not to have received it...convenient.

I also missed out on my warm home discount as I didn't realise that they pay these in May (other suppliers pay these in Nov/Dec) and I'd applied after May 2017 so I would have to stay with them until May 2018 to get it...not a chance!

So the moral of this story is....DON'T TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE!!!!
    Last edited by nadia196; 04-01-2018 at 5:01 PM.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Dec 17, 7:13 PM
    • 28,195 Posts
    • 15,464 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The smart meters are rubbish. Got up the other day it said 11p. 30 minutes later it said 65p. Totals towards the end of the day have been more than double what they used to be without doubled usage. However our payments seem to be holding. If they ever make a massive increase we will be switching. Also we got an email telling us we are getting our smart meters soon despite already having smart meters.
    • PeanutButterSandwich
    • By PeanutButterSandwich 12th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    PeanutButterSandwich
    NPower No Thanks
    NPower have just sent me a gas bill for 350 even though I am not an NPower customer, have no gas appliances in my flat and never have.

My crime was writing to tell them a previous tenant had left.

If you receive letters from NPower addressed to Not You I strongly urge you to file them straight in the bin.
    • microstar
    • By microstar 15th Apr 18, 10:22 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    microstar
    I have had billing problems with Npower for 3+ years. In the past I've complained to Ofgem, received significant compensation (more than once). During 2017 I was billed correctly, but now its all gone wrong again and I am once more having to deal with Npower Executive Complaints. Its stressful and wastes a lot of time.
    The problem stems from me being on a 'Heatwise' meter, which Npower seem to be unable to bill correctly.

Can I take court action directly against Npower - issue a Letter Before Action etc? I would use an accredited electrician to support my case.
    Or do I have to complain via Ofgem again?
    • krystleann
    • By krystleann 23rd Apr 18, 10:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    krystleann
    i've had no problem up until now, they say im in debt of 252.62 which i don't understand how Since i pay monthtly and on time

they say the amount is correct, do i have the right to complain, my bill is goin up to 79 a month from may 2018, in winter months its usually aroung 45, and goes down in the summer so where on earth did they get that amount from
    Krystle.
    • randm
    • By randm 27th Jun 18, 2:04 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    randm
    so even though i left npower back in 2017 and finally received my 144 credit, today i received a reminder that a balance was outstanding on my account and that this was the second letter they had sent.
    rang, and was told the queue was at least 25 minute wait so got onto live chat and was told that i had no outstanding bill, as i knew, and that the letter had been sent out in mistake.
    • randm
    • By randm 18th Jul 18, 2:17 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    randm
    so even though i left npower back in 2017 and finally received my 144 credit, today i received a reminder that a balance was outstanding on my account and that this was the second letter they had sent.
    rang, and was told the queue was at least 25 minute wait so got onto live chat and was told that i had no outstanding bill, as i knew, and that the letter had been sent out in mistake.
    So today i received yet another outstanding payment red bill
    • randm
    • By randm 31st Jul 18, 3:58 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    randm
    So today i received yet another outstanding payment red bill
    received another bill last week, and today when checking my bank statement a payment has been credited to my account???????? went and checked the npower account and i have a debit owing for the same amount????? I have now written a complaints letter.
    Last edited by randm; 31-07-2018 at 4:24 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,246Posts Today

7,110Users online

Martin's Twitter