Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 30th Aug 17, 2:45 PM
    • 8,775 Posts
    • 9,116 Thanks
    pogofish
    Taking an extension lead means you can charge more than one item at a time with only one adapter. A big plus too is that you can still have your phone (aka alarm clock etc etc) beside the bed rather than the other side of the room.
    Originally posted by anita116
    Customs at some transit airports will take these off of you. I had a load of gear lifted off a colleague at IIRC Dubai because they do not permit "Indian" electrics in their state. The only Indian plug was the one I had attached to a 4-way to run the stuff from.
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 30th Aug 17, 3:56 PM
    • 2,721 Posts
    • 7,370 Thanks
    melanzana
    I pack all chargers, battery packs, converter plugs and anything like that in a ziplock bag. They do not have to be put in the trays like mobiles, tablets and laptops, so they can be packed in hand luggage but it does keep them together if they need inspection for any reason, and it's easy to find them at destination all in one place too!
    • jonni
    • By jonni 30th May 18, 4:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jonni
    French emissions stickers
    The French Government website wants your application form to state emissions in g/km, not g/kWh. My Reg Certificate doesn't state which units the figure is in, but when I put in 0.255 it bounced back, so I concluded it was g/kWh. To convert from g/kWh to g/km my supplier told me to multiply by 521.6 and round to the nearest whole number, and it worked.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 18th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 20,683 Posts
    • 16,495 Thanks
    agrinnall
    I would like to add some important travel tips when your going to visit the Russia
    If youre one of the lucky people who planned well ahead and are currently in Russia enjoying the FIFA World Cup in person, you are definitely living right.
    Originally posted by laurenyoung

Obviously they didn't plan very well as it's all over now. Perhaps they don't have enough in their diet.
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 18th Jul 18, 7:15 PM
    • 4,779 Posts
    • 1,774 Thanks
    knightstyle
    If driving in Europe ask your car insurance to send you an accident form which has languages of the countries you are driving through. Plus you may need originals of all your car documents for the police if you have an accident.
    • cvCA
    • By cvCA 6th Aug 18, 5:06 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    cvCA
    Change and conversion rates
    Small change seems to be in short supply all over Croatia and Montenegro: guard it well as sellers of small things sometimes won't take a note - even paying for a 15 EUR lunch with a 20 can cause waiters to ask their colleagues for change!

Beware the cash machine conversions again. When it was GBP 1 = EUR 1.12, Soc Gen Montenegro offered me just 1.04...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

1,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin