Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 18th Jan 13, 11:19 PM
    • 3,475Posts
    • 9,233Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Balancing not just the budget
    • 18th Jan 13, 11:19 PM
    Balancing not just the budget 18th Jan 13 at 11:19 PM
    Well it's been more than a few months and I seem to still have more than a few questions, so I think it's time for a new thread

(The old one is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3629199)
    Last edited by RosaBernicia; 18-01-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Debt free May 2016... MFW progress 2.3 2.8% 3.1% 3.3%

Page 93
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 15th May 18, 12:59 PM
    • 8,680 Posts
    • 45,738 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Yep - absolutely get that way of thinking/looking at things!

Where we are now is very much an "it will do" - I don't dislike it, it's a perfectly pleasant town, but it's not where my heart is if I'm honest - in part as we were forced into choosing it as a result of property in London just being too expensive, and when we bought that was before the "real" solidity of the Hebrides dream had taken hold. I don't feel any real sense of belonging there though.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 1229.00/944.19 (15/05/18)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 16th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 3,475 Posts
    • 9,233 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Yep - absolutely get that way of thinking/looking at things!

Where we are now is very much an "it will do" - I don't dislike it, it's a perfectly pleasant town, but it's not where my heart is if I'm honest - in part as we were forced into choosing it as a result of property in London just being too expensive, and when we bought that was before the "real" solidity of the Hebrides dream had taken hold. I don't feel any real sense of belonging there though.
    Originally posted by EssexHebridean
    Yes - though today my mood has changed and I do like the place, everything looks green and juicy and the hedgerows are in full swing. I love this time of year

• RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 16th May 18, 8:37 PM
    • 3,475 Posts
    • 9,233 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Progress / regress... ?
    Hmm, my cunning plan to put a potential campervan on a 0% card has come a bit unstuck as it seems none of the small dealers will accept them.

I could put together most of the amount I need from various savings pots, but that leaves me feeling rather vulnerable. And I'm reluctant to give up this idea for another year as it will save other costs and enable me to explore more about where I want to be. So I find myself thinking about a loan. Which should be perfectly doable, and with the loan checker would only cost me about 300 in interest - less if I pay it off sooner, which I would plan to do - I just want to get a few more things sorted with the house. Part of me is at the idea of going back into debt, the rest of me feels it's very different now that it is for something in particular and that can be sold to recoup the money if disaster strikes for some reason. I suppose it might affect my remortaging options, but I've already checked where I should be at when the change is due and there should be more options than before. Hmmm again. Guess we'll see what happens if I find one I want...

Rosa xx

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 53,979 Posts
    • 213,880 Thanks
    beanielou
    I think borrowing for a specific reason like that is fine.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

6,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin