Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 15
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 18th Apr 18, 8:40 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Couldn't you simply have bought a sandwich at some point? Why do people suddenly lose the ability to provide for themselves just because they don't get a refreshment voucher.
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 18th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    Couldn't you simply have bought a sandwich at some point? Why do people suddenly lose the ability to provide for themselves just because they don't get a refreshment voucher.
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    There are no places to buy a sandwich in the transit zone in question.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 19th Apr 18, 8:05 AM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    In that case a meal voucher wouldn't have been any good either.
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 19th Apr 18, 10:42 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    In that case a meal voucher wouldn't have been any good either.
    Originally posted by jpsartre
    Not having directions/advice as to where one can get a hot meal was irksome, but unimportant, after spending dozens of hours on airfields waiting to be airborne I don't fly from a UK airport without a Boots meal deal. It is great in terms price/quality ratio.

What is important is that due to Lufthansa carelessness I've missed 24 hours of the business meeting which was the purpose of the trip and a day of work. Even then, I wouldn't be complaining if I was sent home from BHX in order to catch a flight from LHR the next day, or if I got to spend the waiting time in the business lounge (to which I have access to) rather then in the queue at the Service Centre.

I agree weather was not perfect that day, but the snowstorm was predicted by meteorologists at least a week in advance. It was certainly possible to get more staff at their service centres.
    Last edited by Emily Joy; 20-04-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    • wendyt1974
    • By wendyt1974 11th Aug 18, 7:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wendyt1974
    I had a missed cancellation in Frankfurt on my way back from holiday from Orlando to Birmingham. Lufthansa only allowed 1 hour to transfer between flights... anyone who knows Frankfurt airport will understand that if you land at one end of the airport and have to connect at the other end you have no chance in an hour! The first flight was 15 minutes late at the gate so we had even less time to connect. The next flight available wasn't until 10 hours later.

I submitted my complaint/claim via their online 'feedback form'. Had an immediate automated response and another 2 weeks later advising they were still looking into it due to volumes.

2 further weeks and I received an email agreeing the claim and paying back 525 each (there were 4 of us on one booking and 1 further). Emailed them my bank details and the money was in my account 1 week later.

Very straight forward, didn't need to speak to anyone, you could say typical German efficiency. I've flown with Lufthansa many times and whilst they are always good I would recommend even more now that they have dealt with a problem so well.

PS I did spend an hour on MSE before I wrote the complaint and included all flight numbers, scheduled and delayed times.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

524Posts Today

6,436Users online

Martin's Twitter