Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • superflygal
    • By superflygal 14th Jan 13, 1:21 PM
    • 1,076Posts
    • 2,130Thanks
    superflygal
    Next Step Beauty Academy Complaints Thread
    • 14th Jan 13, 1:21 PM
    Next Step Beauty Academy Complaints Thread 14th Jan 13 at 1:21 PM
    Hi all,

I recently had a big problem with this company. I paid for a beauty course a sum of £238, they cancelled it, and refused to refund my money, They told me I could travel 4 hours to get to an alternative location, OR, do another course in 1 month (however their T&Cs provided for them to cancel these courses ad infinitum!)

I was within the distance selling period of cooling off, but they claimed I had accessed valuable course materials on their student portal, and their T&Cs provided an exclusion in this circumstance.

I then met a lady on a beauty course I booked with another company, who had also suffered as Next Step cancelled her course and as she was pregnant and was too emotianally worn out to keep trying for a refund,she had given up.

I reviewed them before parting with any money, and all the reviews seemed ok. However, after having problems I googled "Next Step Beauty wont refund" and found many reviews where people have had the same problem, including an article in the daily express.

A lot of these reviews are removed though, and 5* reviews appear in their place. I thought by starting this thread, genuine people who have had problems could reply on here, and we could help each other.

My concern is, that many people simply give up after a few attempts, and this company get to keep hundreds of pounds of money that doesn't rightfully belong to them.

I eventually got a refund after reporting them to Trading Standards, and going down the legal route.

Please post here with relevant comments or complaints or pm if you like I will respond and help as soon as I can.

SFG x
Page 5
    • Andy_Hall
    • By Andy_Hall 18th Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Andy_Hall
    Next step beauty ****rip off!!***
    They are in Court Next Wednesday at Warwick County Court ....they now owe of= over £1,000 with costs and expert witness and interest..... 240% growth last year for the Arpels business lol
    • Andy_Hall
    • By Andy_Hall 18th Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Andy_Hall
    Court works!!!
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 18th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    Look forward to hearing the judgement
    • angela ashton
    • By angela ashton 19th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    angela ashton
    Scam
    Hi my name is Angela Ashton and I am writing on behalf of my daughter Lisa Williams.
    I read your thread regarding next step beauty as my daughter has had the same scenario she booked a course locally as she has to work and booked time off and next step cancelled then it happened again and she changed her day off they then once again they cancelled it and she can not change her day it’s taking the mickey so she cancelled it, after paying £354.00 they have told her they can only refund £100.00 as she had opened their paper work which she did as she expected to carry on with her course and wanted to get ahead.

Please advise your story she is devastated as she has no more money for another course.
    Kind Regards Angela
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 19th Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    Take them to court.
    What have you got to lose
    Last edited by hollydays; 19-10-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 19th Oct 17, 10:32 AM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    I!!!8217;m going to add details to this thread for any venues that are associated with next step beauty courses.its not just the arpels that need the publicity imho....
    Google is your friend
    Firstly
    A !!!8220;next step beauty !!!8220;academy situated in stowmarket, Suffolk
    Ata
    42 Bury Street, 7 tydemans court , Stowmarket IP14 1HH, Suffolk.
    Hairdresser beauty treatment

http://www.atabeauty.co.uk/
    Call Jane on :- 07572 268543 01449 257846

http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/ata-beauty-advanced-training-academy-ltd-

09815199/

!!!8220;We offer courses in nails, beauty, sports and holistic therapies, which are delivered in our purpose built training centre, based in Stowmarket, Suffolk, it is just a 5 minute walk from the station. There is also a 90 space car park just 300 yards away. We train using professional products including, Dermalogica,The lash emporium, Jessica nails, GELeration, Brows by Mii and Mii
    Make-u!!!8221;. Also baby massage

Looks like she also advertises on netmums
    https://www.netmums.com/westsuffolk/local/view/local-services/hair-nails-beauty-and-tanning/stowmarket

https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/working-childcare-692/studying-retraining-690/822894-becoming-nail-technician-help-all.html
    Last edited by hollydays; 19-10-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    • Andy_Hall
    • By Andy_Hall 11th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Andy_Hall
    Got my money back
    Took Next Step Beauty to Court last month and got all my money back plus costs. Judge branded their T's and C's as 'Illegal and deceitful'.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 12th Nov 17, 7:44 AM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    Took Next Step Beauty to Court last month and got all my money back plus costs. Judge branded their T's and C's as 'Illegal and deceitful'.
    Originally posted by Andy_Hall
    FANTASTIC THAT YOUVE WON A COURT CASE .
    If you had the time it might actually be worth starting a thread just about your case as so few have had successes in dealing with these .Might make it easier for other to find your posts quicker

******I notice they!!!8217;ve suspended your review on trustpilot.********

Their m.o. is to
    a) claim the customer has !!!8216; accessed !!!8216; the web portal( inferring this is sub-fraud)

Or
    b) if the reviewer doesn!!!8217;t Use their real name ( as many don!!!8217;t and shouldn!!!8217;t!)
    They say !!!8220; we don!!!8217;t have any record of you!!!8221;

Seriously they need to be stopped!

I!!!8217;m shocked at how many people they are doing this to
    Last edited by hollydays; 13-11-2017 at 7:05 PM.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Nov 17, 9:32 AM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    Just for google it appears the arpels are trying to distance themselves from
    Their !!!8216; business!!!8217; .

The director is now named as !!!8216; Andy Cox!!!8217; ( Andrew cox ?)giving the serviced office address in Brandon , which may or may not be legal.
    HARVEY ADAM HOUSE
    WIMBLEDON AVENUE
    BRANDON
    UNITED KINGDOM
    IP27 0NZ
    Company No. 10055020

As Deniece Arpels maiden name was Cox , it appears this is likely to be a relative . Any more information on him welcomed for google and the thread.

On companies house, Daniel Louis Arpels , has a company listed !!!8220; Gandi Limited!!!8221; but I think he fails to mention his previous directorships- again possibly illegal.
    Someone called Andy works in this business with him.
    gandi.digital
    www.gandi.digital
    Btw gandi-you!!!8217;ve still got spelling mistakes ......

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/20596873-mr-daniel-louis-arpels
    Last edited by hollydays; 13-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Nov 17, 12:05 PM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    Some more howlers from Gandi.digital

SEO and Marketing
    Energistically benchmark focused growth strategies via superior supply chains. Compellingly reintermediate mission-critical potentialities whereas cross functional scenarios. The re-engineer distributed processes without standardized supply chains.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Nov 17, 12:10 PM
    • 16,086 Posts
    • 12,167 Thanks
    hollydays
    This is another of my favourites howlers from Gandi.digital
    http://gandi.digital/portfolio/victoria-arpels/

Quote “ I believe every woman can sparkly like a diamond” Victoria xxx

A ‘ holding page’..web page to impress allegedly showing Victoria arpels
    new website that’s ‘ going to launch’
    For the business “ beauty tribe limited.”
    www.victoriaarpels.com

Companies house entry shows a different registered office
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10487875

I wonder what ‘van cleef and arpels ‘think of victorias quotes about diamonds and photos of photoshopped perfume bottles with her initials on ( Baring in mind van cleef and arpels sell perfume or used to)

Victoria, you need to face up to what your family are doing.

It’s a disgrace.
    Last edited by hollydays; 13-11-2017 at 8:06 PM.
    • Meehane1
    • By Meehane1 13th Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Meehane1
    Hi
    I am having the same problem with this company I have paid them 390 ponds last August for a completer beauty course. they have cancelled 7 times and are refusing to give me my money back.Could you please offer any advice of what i should do next
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Mar 18, 9:36 AM
    • 31,929 Posts
    • 20,110 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi
    I am having the same problem with this company I have paid them 390 ponds last August for a completer beauty course. they have cancelled 7 times and are refusing to give me my money back.Could you please offer any advice of what i should do next
    Originally posted by Meehane1
    How did you pay ? You could do a chargeback but I guess you are out of time.

Why did you think it would be a good idea to go with this firm ?

Why not a college course ?
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 17th Mar 18, 4:55 PM
    • 12,341 Posts
    • 16,645 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Some more howlers from Gandi.digital

SEO and Marketing
    Energistically benchmark focused growth strategies via superior supply chains. Compellingly reintermediate mission-critical potentialities whereas cross functional scenarios. The re-engineer distributed processes without standardized supply chains.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Sounds like something from a cracked version of Dilbert's mission statement generator...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • francesgreen
    • By francesgreen 11th Jun 18, 1:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    francesgreen
    This company should be forced to cease trading
    Whatever you do, do not part with any money to this company.

They are absolute con artists. They take your money, confirm your course. Then cancel your course and refuse to refund your money. They claim you have accessed the course material, which I have not. I wish I had read the awful reviews before I parted with £234! They have been doing this for years and no-one is stopping it!! Rest assured I will not give up and am already going down the credit card route and if that fails, I will carry on so no more innocent people part with their hard earned cash!!!
    • francesgreen
    • By francesgreen 11th Jun 18, 1:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    francesgreen
    This company should be forced to cease trading
    Thanks I am in the process of trying to get my money back too and appreciate you managed to get yours back. I will carry on fighting as what they are doing to innocent victims is appalling and should be stopped!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,230Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter